fitsticky.com/texas-method
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

trying to rebuild strength, lifting 5-6 days per week

Day 1
HBBS to daily max at RPE9
back off 80% 2x3
60% 2x10

Push Press, same thing as HBBS

Trap Bar Deadlift up to 5 rep max (trap bar to avoid killing my lumbar)

Day 2
Front Squat to max, 80% 2x3 60% 2x10
Close Grip Bench to max, etc
Power Clean to max triple

Adding in accessory work/isolation when I'm feeling fresh enough/have time to do so...

Any input? All I care about is strength and athleticism.

need cutting routine
intermediate strength on big lifts
23%bf
want to cut slow to 15%bf
want to maintain strength

I just did either 5/3/1 or Bulgarian method while cutting last time and actually saw strength gains going from about 18% to 10%.

Hey trappy, I really appreciate what you've done with the sticky. It's great.

I also was wondering if you could help me with programming. My goals are to increase strength and improve "aesthetics," with a focus on aesthetics.

I've been doing Greyskull LP for a little bit, but haven't been able to make many gains due to school. My lifts at the moment are as follows:

Press: 65 lbs
Bench: 95 lbs
Chins: 3 x 8 (bodyweight)
Rows: 90 lbs
Squat: 85 lbs
Deadlift: 105 lbs

(These are for 3 x 10, except deadlift, which is 1 x 5)

(Something about my knees is fucked up, so I haven't been doing squats and deads.)

My current plan is to do Greyskull all summer, during which I'll have the time to eat enough and go to the gym consistently. My two questions are:

1) Should I be doing facepulls from the very start? Despite the fact that I'm benching and rowing similar weights, my shoulders are quite rounded.

2) I was going to add in two biceps and two triceps exercises, as well as lateral raises halfway through the summer. How many times a week should I do these and with what rep scheme?

Thanks!

>pls respond

Got any general strength training programs based on the Start model or is the Texas method just better?

What are some exercises I can do to strengthen my shoulder/rotator cuff? Like using cables or dumb bells

I mean the Starr model.

Your lifts don't qualify for accessory work; accessories are meant for lagging body parts either with one's physique or
with a hindering part during a lift. Don't bother adding in accessories until you start stalling months from now unless
you notice having an extreme amount of energy left over at the end of a workout and your recovery times are still good
after reaching a mid-Intermediate level.

As per legs, focus on movements that don't involve knee movement, like weighted decline situps for quads, leg extensions
with a focus on the negative, and etc.

Since your knees are fucked, you can "cheat" heavy lifting by lifting extremely light and artificially increasing the time
under tension. Do so by counting to five on the way up, hold for five, then go down for five when using ~50% of your 1RM.
Use the time to focus on form.

Anything that involves having your arm fully extended; use light weight though - something you can lift for at least 15 reps, otherwise you'll meet me in Snap City.

Trappy what does your personal training routine consist of?

main focus is to lose weight and get out of skinny fat mode while gaining a strength base

AxBxAxx BxAxBxx

A-
squats 3x5
bench press 3x5
pendlay rows 3x5
dips 3x5

B-
squats 3x5
ohp 3x5
deadlifts 3x5
chins 3x5

What movements?
Trappy, all knowing one, do you have any advice?

Nothing wrong with that. Someone will tell you to do 1x5 deadlifts, but fuck that person.

Only issue I foresee is if you aren't used to working out, you may want to cut the fourth exercise for the first month/month and a half

Assuming no machines, grab some dumbells and fully extend your arms. Do literally any movement that's hard. Front raise, side raise, pullovers, etc.

Most compounds rely on specifically not using your rotators when possible, and because the weights are gonna be way higher than an accessory, you
don't want to specifically target them on a compound like larger muscle groups, i.e. doing Floor Presses to target tris. Because of that, you're pretty
much stuck to doing accessories if you want to get a good, full workout on them. Since using your rotator cuff is kinda difficult while holding a bar, that
further limits you to

A, Dumbbells:
-Raise (any direction)
-Pullovers
-Rows (Shoulders pushed forward)

-or-

B, Machines:
-Pretty self explanatory

My first answer kinda condensed the entire thing into one easier to read sentence, but the more complex version is pretty much the same, because
rotator cuffs are just a bunch of extremely small muscles that are easy to injure and therefore limiting to train.

ITT: A mentally ill faggot posts fake routine questions and then replies to them with his trip

I might be a smidge gay, but I am not a trip user.

Would also throw in front squats on B instead of back squats

Dude he's not gonna respond because

A: He doesn't even lift
Or
B: It is some laughable autistic shit that even a real female wouldnt do

Aren't pullovers for tris?

Chest, lats, serratus mate

>fitsticky.com/novice-programs/
did you make this because i was bitching in the other thread about a cookie cutter routine?

anyone have a download link to the takano book? i really dont want to buy that shit

Well since most of the people have no idea what they are doing ill just share my powerbuilding routine (with various inspirations):
Day 1 : Power Lower.
Back squat variation 3-5x1-5.
Sumo/Conventional pull from various heights (mainly floor) 3-5x1-5.
Front squat 2-4x6-10.
Stiff legged deadlift 2-4x6-10.
Leg press 3-6x10-16
Weighted hyperextentions 3-6x10-16.
Hamstring curls 3-6x12-20 (Optional).
Leg extentions 3-6x12-20 (Optional).
Day 2 Power Upper.
Flat Press (various grips on bench/floor, im doing floor once every 4 weeks or more) 3-5x1-5.
Overhead Press/Push press 3-5x1-5.
Pendlay rows 3-5x5-8.
Weighted Dips 3-5x5-8.
Weighted chin/pull ups 3-5x5-8
Barbell curls 2-4x6-10
Skullcrushers 2-4x6-10
Flys 3-6x10-16
Side laterals 3-10x10-16 (i do a shit ton of these).
Face Pulls/ 3-6x10-16.
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Push Hypertrophy
Flat Dumbbell Press 4-6x6-12
Incline Dumbbell Press 2-6x8-12
Seated Dumbbell Press 3-6x-8-12
Incline Flys 2-4x10-16
Cable Crossovers 2-4x10-16
Fly Machine 2-4 Triple drop sets (i.e 40 then 30 then 20).
Machine seated Press 2-4x10-16.
Skullcrushers 3-6x10-16.
Seated tricep dumbbell extention 2-4x10-16.
Rope Pushdowns 2-4x10-16.
Side laterals 3-20x10-16 (fucking love these).
Underhand single hand pushdowns burnout.
Day 5: Lower Hypertrophy.
Back Squat 4-6x8-16
RDL 4-6x8-16
Smith Machine Lunges 2-4x10-16.
Weighted Hyperextentions 2-4x10-16
Single Leg press 2-4x10-16
Hamstring curls 3-6x12-20
Leg extention 3-6x12-20.
Day 6: Pull Hypertrophy.
Bent Over Rows 3-6x6-10.
Wide Grip Pulldowns 3-6x8-12.
Dumbbel Floor rows 3-6x8-12.
T-Bar Pulldowns 2-4x8-16.
T-bar rows (machine/cable) 2-4x8-16.
Shrugs supersetted with dumbbell pullovers 3-6x8-16.
Preacher Curls 2-4x8-16.
Incline underhand curls 2-4x10-16.
(pick your favorite hammer curl variation, mine is standing with a football bar) 3-6x8-16.
Cable rope curls (curl up and out to squeeze your biceps the best.
Bent of reverse flies 3-6x10-16.
SIDE FUCKING LATERALS FxF.

I dont do calves because god tier calve genetics and i was a medium distance runner and a lardo for some parts of my life, feel free to add them in as you like.

kek

Day 1 - Power Lower

3-5x1-5
*Back squat variation
*Sumo/Conventional pull from various heights (mainly floor)

2-4x6-10
*Front squat
*Stiff legged deadlift

3-6x10-16
*Leg press
*Weighted hyperextentions

Optional:
3-6x12-20
*Hamstring curls
*Leg extentions

Day 2 - Power Upper

3-5x1-5
*Flat Press (various bench/floor grips; I do it every 4+ weeks)
*Overhead Press/Push press

3-5x5-8
*Pendlay Rows
*Weighted Dips
*Weighted chin/pull ups

2-4x6-10
*Barbell curls
*Skullcrushers

3-6x10-16
*Flys
*Side laterals
*Face Pulls

Day 3 - Rest

Day 4 - Push Hypertrophy

4-6x6-12
*Flat Dumbbell Press

2-6x8-12
*Incline Dumbbell Press

3-6x-8-12
*Seated Dumbbell Press

2-4x10-16
*Incline Flys
*Cable Crossovers

2-4 Triple drop sets (i.e 40 then 30 then 20)
*Fly Machine

2-4x10-16
*Machine seated Press

3-6x10-16
*Skullcrushers

2-4x10-16
*Seated tricep dumbbell extention
*Rope Pushdowns

3-20x10-16
*Side laterals

xF
*Underhand single hand pushdowns

~P1

Day 5 - Lower Hypertrophy

4-6x8-16
*Back Squat
*RDL

2-4x10-16
*Smith Machine Lunges
*Weighted Hyperextentions
*Single Leg press

3-6x12-20
*Hamstring curl
*Leg extention

Day 6 - Pull Hypertrophy.

3-6x6-10
*Bent Over Rows

3-6x8-12
*Wide Grip Pulldowns
*Dumbbel Floor rows

2-4x8-16
*T-Bar Pulldowns
*T-bar rows (machine/cable)

3-6x8-16
*Shrugs supersetted with dumbbell pullovers

2-4x8-16
*Preacher Curls

2-4x10-16
*Incline underhand curls

3-6x8-16
*Hammer curl variation
*Cable rope curls (curl up and out to squeeze your biceps better
*Bent of reverse flies

FxF
*Side Laterals
Formatted for you to make it readable. Also, this routine sucks ass. Random set ranges upto 58 sets. The fuck. Almost nothing but
random accessory work. You could simplify Day 1 to:

6x6
*Squats
*Deadlifts

4x12+
Hamstring Curls
Leg Extensions

~P2

This times 100, pls help trappy

Shouldn't be a difference between cutting and bulking routines. If you were still increasing the weight on your lifts while bulking/maintenance, continue doing that. The much more important factor
is going to be your diet. For that, eat at a 1000 deficit until you hit 18% then drop to 750 until you hit 15%. After that, recomp for a month then re-evaluate if you want to continue doing
that or fluctuate between bulking to 15% and cutting to 12%.

Typically, you do need to differentiate slightly between the two. Its difficult to maintain the same progression or volume on a cut if you're pushing things hard.

It's a weightlifting program. Periodized with 3-4 week blocks, but I've been trying to increase the frequency with which I max out these past few weeks and it has been working well so far.
I adapt it around as I go on, so there's no week just like the other, though I do often repeat the same set/rep/% schemes for the main lifts, specially when it's just regular volume work for the squat.
But I do try new things out all the time. I'm not a competitive lifter so I can afford to experiment and not worry about my performance dropping or anything like that. Plus, it helps me experiment with new stuff before putting it in the programs of my and my gym's lifters.

I used to post the workouts here for those that were curious about it, but after some people started crying nonstop that I was "doing it for attention" I just stopped bothering kek

But I mostly do back squats 2-4 times per week, snatches 2-3 times per week, and C&J 2-3 times per week. Often a lot of variations and partials for the classics. Front squats usually 1-2 times per week. Then I mix them around accordingly, and have workouts of volume, light volume, paused, technique, and intensity for maxing out. And then accessories like hip thrust, but no upper body stuff besides the small amount of work I get form the snatch and jerk. It sucks and it does interfere a lot, but I'm fine with it.

I usually progress at the pace of 1kg every 1.5-2 weeks. Not amazing but it's what I can get from my limitations and being on HRT.

I just came from the gym and got a new PR on the C&J :)

No, that website has been on the makings since february or something. I released it around march, I think? Still a long way to go, not feature complete yet, but I don't spend as much time as would be necessary on it because university, work, friends, and Veeky Forums - huge time sinks.

I don't have the book, sorry. I only got some excel files.

How slow are you talking? How muh of a deficit do you plan on?

I'm going to fuck your face faggot.

Lmao

Also, why is there no program for a weak deadlift on your fit sticky link trappy

Not really. Your reps/sets tend to only go down as a result of losing strength which is usually due to losing muscle mass. If your diet is ass, your lifts are more likely to die, otherwise your
lifts would just magically pop right back to what they were the second you ended your cut. Generally, your lifts will stay consistent and may even go up for a week or two after jumping from
a bulk to a cut after which a too high deficit kicks in and fucks your butt a little.

So.. I heard you guys say stick to a routine and progress on it to force muscle to grow in order to adapt to the heavy weight. This guy says change the routine...this guy has good body. it makes sense no? I mean I don't want suboptimal results from not giving muscles variation.
youtube.com/watch?v=xZAGmP3cxtg

Sheiko, Nuckols, a custom TM program.

OHP + Chinups
+ mobility work if you have issues

Accessories are useful to balance out the strength or focus on a weaker part, but if you're doing the main compounds, your shoulders and rotator cuff is getting plenty of work and you really shouldn't worry about it.

Look good, but I prefer having a higher floor pull frequency and less DL sets at your max (but overall more weekly DL volume). Pic related is what I usually suggest.

GOTTA CONFUSE THE MUSCLES, RIGHT BABE?

To be honest bby I'm so exhausted right now that I'd probably just fall asleep and end up choking on your cock.

Change your routine when your diet is perfect and your rest is on point, but you're still not progressing.

I'm going to sleep, but since I don't wanna leave you hanging, I'll assume you're talking about a 500-600kcal deficit.

You can definitely still get stronger with that.
You can try a customised TM split for 4 days (so that it's easier to handle the volume), with a little bit less volume than what you would normally use. Then you can simply cycle the rep ranges like I describe in the sticky page (fitsticky.com/texas-method)
If your focus is PL, you can try doing C6W (boardie has made results from it even on a cut, though he periodized his caloric intake so he would eat more during the high volume phases).
Alternatively, you can make a Nuckol's program for yourself using his spreadsheets - or do 5/3/1. If you're gonna do 5/3/1 though keep in mind you should squat (lighter) on DL days, and bench (lighter) on OHP days, and vice-versa for each.

And get lots of sleep during the cut.
I'll go get mine now, now that I mention it, so gnight. Hopefully this wasn't too confusing or blabbering. My brain is way past thinking and my eyes aren't even working anymore. It's just the fingers moving at this point kek

you never added me bb, but its ok u seem 2 busy anyway. sleep tight fampai

Been working on Starting Strength through a savage cut - I'm at the point where I don't have the glycogen to get the last few reps on the last few sets.

I'm thinking about running a skeleton program for the remainder of this trail.

>A
Deadlifts 2-3x3
Press 3x3
Squats 3x6 @ 80% 3RM
Bench Press 3x6 @ 80% 3RM

>B
Squats 3x3
Bench Press 3x3
Deadlift 3x6 @ 80% 3RM
Press 3x6 @ 80% 3RM

Current stats are:

6'3" 259 lbs
Press: 140
Bench Press: 210
Squat: 235
Deadlift: 330

Hoping that I can still eke out some progress (even if it's for sets of 3) while drilling form/preparing for 6 rep work when I switch over to CLP. Thoughts lads?

Cut up any more bodies? Aside from hollows, knights, and those fucking crabs.

Those programs seem like ones for an early intermediate

My squat is 165 and my deadlift is 160

Since trappys gone to sleep, anyone else wanna pitch in and tell me what program would be good for a shit deadlift that doesn't make my squat even better (no c6w pls)

Your form likely sucks. Look up some videos. If that somehow isn't the problem, swap which one you do first so Deadlifting is done closer to the beginning of the workout. Otherwise, try Sumo.

Lastly, do just as many sets of Deads as you do currently for squats. Easiest way to see weaknesses in form is to do double paused deads with 65% 1RM and check your form.

content.tigerfitness.com/crushing-bro-split-myth/

trappy chan, I heard you are the master of biomechanics and book-learned material spitting trans...so I have a question for you.
I have mild scoliosis which forces some joints upwards and alternate joints downwards. This makes my muscles work differently, causing imbalance (not only of size, but different muscles activate for same function bilaterally). I've been doing dumbbells and avoiding barbells. I did GSLP and fucked up lowerback while squatting- after fuck up, I realized that it is due to my hip aligned poorly due to scoliosis. Yes so it's a pretty tough issue. Would you design a program for me? To help you, I noticed dumbells did help and neglecting leg muscles a bit, treating with lunges have helped.
I'm thinking a program without much pressure on spine. Although I do dumbell shoulder press for big delts.
If you need further info., please don't hesitate.

muscle confusion is partly true....
Although you don't have to confuse em enough to lose progression, it's good idea to switch around. This is why after countless reps of pushups, it get's easier as neural pathway fires more efficiently. even Arnold said something similar.

>To be honest bby I'm so exhausted right now that I'd probably just fall asleep and end up choking on your cock.
Thanks for the visual image, now I have to go jerk off again. RIP my hydration levels.

Who here getting mad snoo gains from reddits pplppl routine?

Brosplit is superior for aesthetics
content.tigerfitness.com/full-natty-bro-split-natural-hardgainer/

Klokov isn't human

Bout to start we'll see how she gooooooes

I'm not sure you'd want to use any article that takes "this gives slower gains, therefore its better" as an argument.

>take a picture of you slouching over and making a retarded fucking face
>take a picture of you standing up right and slightly smirking
It's almost like these people know how to sell themselves without adding any work.

Is adding accessories really necessary for SS? How bad is just doing the main lifts?

Necessary? Not really.

Useful? Kinda. You'll stall sooner without them and you're more at risk of muscle imbalances, but its not like people haven't gotten stupidly strong just by killing it on a few main lifts.

thanks bro

his posture is same. camera type isn't. second one is wide

literally STFU
you are just repeating what other people said.
he SHOULD be adding more upper body volume if he desires upper body gains. STFU you lead men away from his goal.

add accessory u cunt. lol or become a victim of ss

Unrelated, but I'm feeling sad because my gf of two years with whom I'm now doing long distance with hasn't talked to me for a while because she's too busy with work.
I just need a cuddle

>C6W

thanks, the candito thing looks good, less brainpower for me to use.

1,000 calorie deficit with hiking every day btw

She's getting fucked by the bbc

she's a small qt asian, my dick barely fits inside her so there's no chance a bbc would

>my dick barely fits inside her so there's no chance a bbc would

the human vagina has a nightmarish elasticity. that, in addition to the higher pain threshold possessed by women basically insures that she's taking upwards of 9 inches at this very moment, pounding your memory out of her mind

I fucked up my elbow when I accidentally didn't put one end of the bar in the rack after squatting. How long do I wait to go back? The pain is only bad when I lift, it usually goes away to not even noticable half an hour after I'm done.

Also, my diddly is ~175, squat ~190. how 2 into diddly better than squat?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

YES BLYAT

Hey lads, a quick briefing, skip to the bottom if you can't be bothered to read: I've started lifting, chose Stronglifts 5x5. I was a skinny fat, 6'2, 187lbs guy, and weak as fuck. I did it for 5 months, upped all my lifts, and that lifting strength actually carried over to real life affairs (firmer handshakes, able to carry heavy boxes around, carrying girls, etc). And while i'm still fat, i have a more manly look on me.

Thing is, i'm stalling. I can't progress on my overhead press, i can't progress on my bench, and personally, i've gotten bored of all compound lifts, except deadlifts.

So, here is the thing. I've read both Veeky Forums's sticky and /routine general/ stickies. Yet i see no input on dumbbells and bodyweight routines/exercises. All i see recommended is SS, SL, and barbell routines.

I've started finding more fun on doing push-ups, instead of benching. I've started having more fun doing dumbbell rows and pull ups instead of barbell rows. Dumbbell shoulder presses are, somehow, cooler than barbell press (and way easier to progress).

Question is, is a dumbbell/bodyweight routine effective, considering strength (at the current moment) isn't my main goal, and that i'm fairly heavy (no need for weighted backpacks for push-ups, for instance)?

I've been thinking about doing the following exercises (which are the ones i'm enjoying the most), need to incorporate them into a routine somehow:

- Push Ups (and variations, such as diamond push ups)
- Chin Ups
- Pull Ups
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press
- Dumbbell Rows
- Dumbbell Lateral Raises

Any good Texas Method templates with a bit more focus on upper 'bodybuilding' work?

what kind of work? I just do regular TM with lying triceps extensions, curls and lateral raises at the end of volume day.

TM is already hard as balls so you shouldn't add too much stuff or you'll run into trouble. hell, even without more stuff you're likely to run into trouble.

>Also, my diddly is ~175, squat ~190. how 2 into diddly better than squat?
just keep lifting. fucked up ratios are quite common in beginners. they balance out as you get stronger

I hope nobody takes this kind of advice seriously

Do more deadlift volume. Plain and simple.

All my "big lifts" are done using Wendler's 5/3/1
Other lifts are done 5x8
I superset for time gains and because I only lift three times a week.

MONDAY
Lowbar back squats, superseted with pullups (I've just started adding weight)
OHP, superseted with RDL
Dumbbell shoulder press, superseted with supinated barbell rows
Hanging leg raises, with feet touching the bar, superseted with lateral raises

WEDNESDAY
Conventional deadlift
Kroc rows (5x15), superseted with dips (started adding weight too)
Cable pulley, supeseted with close grip bench press
Hanging leg raises, with feet touching the bar

FRIDAY
Bench press, superseted with weighted chins
Incline bench, superseted with cable pulley (one handed)
Decline pull-over, superseted with EZ bar curls
Front squat, superseted with good mornings
Hanging leg raises, with feet touching the bar

So far, I'm satisfied with this routine.
My biggest problem, as a recovering skelly, is nutrition.

This is a routine my gym instructor made me, should I change anything to it. I was thinking about lowering the rep ranges to gain strength because I'm still pretty weak. I've been doing calisthenics for 6 months.

A:
Bench press 4x8-10
Incline bench press 4x8-10
Seated db shoulder press 4x8-10
DB lateral raises 4x8-10
Back squat 4x8-10
Leg extensions 4x8-10
Tricep extensions 3x8-10
Weighted twists

B:
Deadlifts 4x8-10
Hamstring curls 4x8-10
Lat pull downs 4x8-10
Seated rows 4x8-10
High seated rows 4x8-10
Db bicep curls 4x8-10
Cable bicep curls 3x8-10
Ab wheel

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

Been doing madcow which is based on TM and it feels great.

Any feedback on my routine please?
AxBxCxx + hill sprints (20 rounds) 3 days a week after lifts or on off days - hence the relatively few assistance lifts.

A
1) Deadlift 5/3/1
2) dumbell rows 2x8 then 1xfailure
3) curl 5x6 (heavy)
4) hammer curl 4x8
5) shrug 3x15

B
1) Squat 5/3/1
2) OHP 5/3/1
3) snatch grip high pull 5x3 (heavy)
4) Lat pulldown 3x8
5) dumbbell side raise 4x9

C
1) Bench 5/3/1
2) incline dumbbell press 4x8
3) cable flys 4x9 (considering dropping this, thoughts?)
4) dips 4xFail
5) tricep rope pushdown 4x9

Pic slightly unrelated

How can someone be so perfect?

i started playing rugby again on wednesday and fuck i cant tackle. im a manlet so ive already got that going against me but i wanna switch a few things up with my routine to help me out.

currently im doing:

>A
deads 3x3
weighted pull ups 4xf
curls 4x12
bent over bb rows 4x6

>B
DB press 4x6
weighted tricep dips 4xf
chest dips 4xf
rope pull downs 4x12

>C
squats 3x5
OHP 5x5
leg curl 4x10
face pulls 4x10

today was a squat day and i subbed leg curls for trap bar deads and i think i like that more but yeah, more suggestions for strength/power stuff?

A / Monday / Volume Day
5x5 Bench Press
5x5 Back Squat
5x5 Weighted Chinups
3x8 Lat Raises
3x8 Dumbbell Incline Hammer Curls
3xF Cable Crunches

B / Wednesday / Light Day
3x8 Front Squat
3x8 Barbell Row
3x8 Overhead Press
3x8 Ez-Bar Curls
3xF Dips
3x10 Leg Curls
3xF Cable Crunches

C / Friday / Intensity Day
1x5 Bench Press
1x5 Back Squat
1x5 Deadlift
3x8 Rear Delt Flyes
3x8 Dumbbell Incline Hammer Curls
3xF Cable Crunches

Crunches are always optional of course, I just do it because it feels like it works my grip more than anything else.
XxF means to form breakdown too, not actual failure.

It's a brutal bastard but I enjoy it.

Been doing SS for about 3 weeks and I've just started to get pain in my left knee after squatting.

Rested it for a few days but as soon as I squatted again it came back. Do I just not squat for a few weeks? And if so what do I do instead?

u need more volume
and it's time to switch away from SL

Am I fucking myself over doing this?

squats, front squats, leg press 3x a week
power cleans and deadlifts 2x a week

and since I only go 3x a week, those fall on the same days pretty often
my legs don't give a shit, but my back is getting really tired of this, because two of the leg lifts hit my back pretty hard too

should I properly rest or simply adjust my routine?

trappy what's a good beginner oly weightlifting routine?
i'm a bit stronk already but no technique

ps. cant do snatches because no shoulder flexibility, at all

All weightlifting routines are gonna have snatches. If you just want to do cleans, then just add them to whatever program you're doing.

But if you want to actually get started with weightlifting, you have to fix your mobility issues. The sport is very reliant on having good mobility.

How does your week look like?

What sort of pain?
Are you squatting high or low bar?
Do you have any videos of you squatting?

Have you tried SS?

ikr

I'd focus less on accessories, and more on main lifts.
Have a squat, a press, and a floor pull on every workout, or at least 2x per week. Just do variations and volume/light work as you see fit.

Give a read on fitsticky.com/novice-programs

What's your bodyweight and numbers?
How long have you been lifting for?

There are lots of examples on fitsticky.com/texas-method
Just customise something for yourself.

Do whatever you find fun.
Take something from fitsticky.com/texas-method as an example and just customise on top of it to include the lifts you wanna focus on.

>How long do I wait to go back?

Impossible to tell without examining your situation, but generally 4-7 days is enough rest.
Use ice of topical antiinflammatories if needed.

>how 2 into diddly better than squat?

Deadlift with more frequency.

LDRs are a nightmare.

You can simply add more volume for the main lifts as accessories, in the form of back-off sets or variations.
For instance, on the days you bench, you can do OHP 3-5x5 using 80-90% of the weight you use on the OHP days. And do the same sort of thing for the bench during OHP days.
Adding more volume to SS is gonna be needed sooner or later for most people, as the program purposefully doesn't have much volume at the start.

1: no pump, bad posture, bad lighting, retarded face
2: pump, good posture, good lighting, smiling

When will we see more lewds pics of you?

29/M noob lifter here, obese 5'7 208 lb bodyfat is around 25% right now.

Goal is to lose the fat, gain muscle, and look good, I started with freeletics gym for routine and eating on a 500 cal deficit, it's been 5 weeks so far.

Look visibly better, lost 2 kg or so, BF down from 28% to 25% - but progress is very slow on the FL gym routine - and they have workouts of like 20 reps which people tell me are futile.

So, I am getting gains (noob gains) but maybe I can do better with another routine? I know you're supposed to stick to whatever works but I want to do better.

Stronglifts is looking attractive as a way to maximize noob gains - what do you suggest?

High Bar. Pain is kind of a dull ache in the knee. Hurts more when I bend it. And nope no videos.

Assuming it's a form issue so I'll work on that, just unsure whether to push through the pain (it's not too bad) or stop squatting for a bit? Don't want 2 fuck my knees up

I'm 68 kg for 1m81 and have been lifting for a year and a half.

My 1RM are:
52kg OHP
80 kg bench
98 kg squat
130 DL

And I was a little above 55 kg bw when I started

Source me on that doujinshi brah

Are you squatting to depth? If you do partial reps you're effectively training your knee to only move through a partial ROM, so it'll hurt when you use its full ROM later.

If you're not squatting tush to turf, back off your weight till you are, then build up again while focusing on getting low like shawty.

Yo TC, what are your thoughts on carrying me through the end of this cut.

Smeshing your exams?

>How does your week look like?
I usually work out tuesdays-thursdays-saturdays

day A
squats, power cleans

day B
front squats, deadlifts, leg press

i do other smaller lifts as well but they're irrelevant as far as wrecking my back goes
always lift heavy, strength-focused

here, I asked my gym instructor if I should do a strength based routine and he said I should do what he says because that is what will get me the most muscle, shall I just ignore him.

Gym instructors are retards who don't know shit and have huge egos.

bump

Russian Bear routine:

A:
OHP
Deadlift

set rep scheme:
for both lifts, do 5 reps of a given weight. this is your work weight. then do another 5 at 90% of that work weight.
then drop the weight to 80% of the work weight and do sets of 5 until you can't do sets of 5 anymore in perfect form.

build up the work weight, and by extension the following weights, gradually over the course of 8-16 workouts until you are almost as your max, then reset at a weight slightly higher than the one you began with and repeat.

that's what the russian bear routine is. although i am thinking of altering it thus:

A:
deadlifts (without the 80% sets)
OHP (russian bear method)
chin ups (russian bear method)

done the russian bear before but kinda fucked it up due to not the best programming. right now i'm wrestling with whether to do AxAxAxx or AxxAxxx.

its a long winded fucking question and i doubt anyone here is even familiar with this type of training but any help would be appreciated.

>gym instructor
these people, despite many of them being perfectly knowledgable people, are paid by their gym to act as salesmen for whatever bullshit fad stuff is predicted by the manager (ie money maker) to make them the most money according to the gym's business model.

personal trainers are just salesmen. even if they know the right shit many of them will stick to whatever shit they have been asked to push for the month by the manager. last year it was zumba, fuck knows what it is this year.

i'm not saying all instructors do this, but so any of them do that it throws the credibility of every one of them into question, and its better to trust yourself and, in all actuality, Veeky Forums, at least in the beginning.

i suggest reading starting strength (the explanation of the form for many lifts in there are fantastic), practical programming and whatever other reputable books you can get your hands on. stay away from bodybuilding advice unless it explicitly states the term "natural bodybuilding" or you'll get routines, advice etc tailored for someone on steroids.

in terms of coaches to follow, i suggest mark rippetoe, jim wendler, dan john, pavel tsatouline and lon kilgore. there are many more but these are an excellent start.

here

i started with ss. and i did reg parks 5x5 before and liked that for strength as well.

Daily reminder that SS, SL, and all these other routines are all memes designed to make you an unaesthetic, impractical squatzilla.

Don't listen to these meme merchants and lose the chance at gains.