Cardio Preferences

Sup Veeky Forums.

What are your favorite types of cardio, and which do you think are more effective?

- HIIT
- MI Cardio
- Cycling
- Swimming

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mkvFQW7USSs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sorry, I actually want to make and keep my gains.

I mix it up

Effectiveness is an ambiguous term. Are you looking for something you're willing to do 3x a week? The highest calories burnt per time? Best cardiovascular training and VO2 grower?

WHAT ARE YOU GOALS? BE SPECIFIC.

This thread isn't just about my preferences. I am looking for a routine for both cutting and bulking though.

Recently started an HIIT program using a jump rope.
Heart rate is always high, breathing heavy, takes less than 25 minutes to complete. I like it.

I'm mixing medium intensity cardio and cycling with heavy sprinting.

Sex, baby

Sprinting / HIIT

it's anaerobic and you're done after 15 mins tops.

I don't know about you guys but if I enjoyed cardio I'd be a runner not a lifter.

Senpai ...

Running medium distances works well for me. It's fun, it doesn't take a long time (40-45 minutes for 10k for me) and it burns a lot of calories.

would you mind sharing it?

Jump rope, rowing, and kettle bells.

HIIT on a treadmill with a good personalized playlist.

Ive been trying to do 10-15 mins of non stop lunges for cardio, with some static handstand and pull-up work. First week in and i enjoy the sweat/leg pump i get from it but it's been cutting into my lifting, i think i just need to adjust to the volume.

Pros
>can do it at home
>don't need to go out into the blazing sun
>don't have to drive 15 min to the gym
>great cardio/volume builder

Cons
>it's been cutting into my lifting day
>i hope i don't grow a horse ass or build up imbalances

Hiking innawoods

butt rape cardio?

running

Holy shit that's fast, how many calories? How much do you weigh?

I don't count the calories, but I'd guess around 800-1000. I weigh 175 pounds. I've been running for years, this is about the peak for me I'd say though, unless I start pushing for endurance.

For now its running, or jump rope in bad weather.
Literally my only goal to lose weight so I can go swimming again some day.
>haven't swam since I was a kid cause ashamed of being fat

who /compartment syndrome/ here

starting PT in 2 weeks, if i fail it i get surgery.

>tfw can only spin bike for cardio

I;m cutting but I want to keep muscle mass so I go for
3km running
"drop sets" of 14 13 12... 2 1 of
pull ups
dips
bw squats
and then 3 more km

I can only support this post.
HIIT jump rope is the best form of cardio I've ever tried on all levels : fast, extremely cheap, efficient, entertaining, you can do it literally everywhere and at any time, trains calves and abs which are usually lacking muscles, good for your knees.

5 minutes of cardio twice a week isn't enough for me.

Explain how this works please. I run 30min/day 7/week and it's really boring. I'd love to replace 3/week of those with something fun.

I hate swimming but apparently that's good cardio. Cycling is really good, and really makes the vastus medials (inner quad) really toned, big and strong. For me, I have football 5-6 times a week so weight lifting is what I do inbetween, or on rest days I'll do a HIIT session on a bike which is great for your fitness.

Well, there's not much I can explain. I did about 40 minutes of jump rope everyday other day at first (sometimes I would just go everyday because I enjoyed it). On those 40 minutes, around 20 minutes were intense effort (as fast as I could for as long as I could), 10 minutes were light effort and 10 minutes were resting times (drinking, walking, changing spots).
It's harder than it sounds like, when I started, I couldn't even last more than 20 seconds at moderate speed. Now I can go for the full 20 minutes intense effort without resting, after 3 minutes of warming-up, and my arms and back actually tire before my abs and legs.
Just buy a rope, go to a local park (don't do it on hard soil like concrete) and start doing it, it's easy to learn and quickly enjoyable once you start trying some fun movements.

I get on the treadmill and put it on the highest incline and do fast walking

45 mins 3-5 times a week

Does anyone else just casually play some sports here and there? I know its nowhere near as effective as regimented cardio but its fun and better than sitting on ass

LISS | Interval Training.
HIIT is for advanced/elite athletes and nobody on this forum meets that requirement. Research Tabata method and who it was developed for (elite olympic swimmers with 2:1 (elite), 2:2 (intermediate), 2:3 (beginner), keep mind these activity levels were for olympic athletes, not regular joes lifting weights. Regular interval training is sufficient. The meme's never die...

Stair master 30 minutes before or after workout. It's good because you can do hiit on it by cranking it up and down. Also it's not boring as fuck because you can watch something on your phone to distract you

Dance Dance Revolution

youtu.be/mkvFQW7USSs