Questions not worth their own thread

I have made this thread a general question thread because i have one but its small.

Pic related, me. (go easy)

Just starting out, but need someone to clarify something that confused me in the sticky about muscle gain and weight loss.

My interpretation is as follows:
>For the most part, you cannot gain significant muscle mass while attempting to simultaneously lose weight.
Moreover,
>You cannot significantly gain muscle mass without expecting to add some excess weight (fat)

I ask because, as you can see, i have a gut and little muscle. If i lose any of that muscle while focusing on losing weight, i'm going to look like a pindick. But if i focus on gaining muscle and add on additional fat, im going to look pudgy as fuck.

Have i misinterpreted the sticky? Will regular weights add muscle to my body and potentially lower overall fat content?

Should i focus on losing the gut first?

Hope this post follows Veeky Forums rules, like i said, im new.

Other urls found in this thread:

yoplait.no/yoplait/00#348693
cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/coping-with-cancer/coping-physically/fluid-in-the-abdomen-ascites/about-fluid-in-abdomen
youtube.com/watch?v=BEn61BL4Nwk
imgur.com/a/NTRUZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your interpretation is correct. You're faced with two choices, neither of which are that nice. I'm assuming throughout all of this that your goal body is not to be bear mode, i.e. strong and fat, the look that a lot of powerlifters rock.

The first is to cut your weight first. This is gonna suck shit, but once you've got rid of your gut, you'll feel a lot better than yourself. You won't make any major strength gains during this period and depending on your resolve, it could take more than a few months depending on how lean you want to get. Once you've reached that goal, a lean bulk will give you the strength you need (300-500 cals over maintenance during the bulk, get plenty of protein), then just cut the weight back when you feel you need to. The plus side of this route is that you'll look lean as fuck in the shortest time possible and get rid of that gut quickly. The downside is you won't look like you lift for a while.

The second is to bulk right off the bat. Again, stick with the clean bulk above and lift with a goal in mind. Do 2 months or so of bulking, then cut for an equal amount of time. This won't do much for your body fat right now, but you will gradually lose it over time if your diet is on point. The plus side of this route is you will look like you lift sooner. The bad side is you won't get significantly lean and shift that gut for a while.

Your cut should be anywhere between 300 and 600 below your TDEE. If you don't know it, there are calculators online to help you find it.
>but I don't want to count calories
You won't get good results any other way.

>How much do I need to lose?
Look at your body fat percentage. If you can't find that out, get an eyeball estimate from a visual chart. I'm guessing anywhere from 20% - 27%. That means that 20% - 27% of whatever you see when you step on the scales is fat. Find out the aesthetic you want in terms of body fat percentage. The difference in fat on the body is how much you have to lose, give or take 10%.

THANKYOU. Was the only part of the sticky i found confusing.

Used to be vego, eating meat now, so bulking is the only option for me given my reinvigorated passion for food. Its also winter rn where i am so who gives a shit about the gut. Thanks for you help.

First of all, I have a fetish for moderately pregnant women and you remind me of that. I have conflicted feelings now, thanks user.

Secondly, you definitely can gain muscle while losing fat. You have low muscle right now, so if you start lifting it will really start to grow rapidly. You have the chance for great noob gains. However you won't see most of this muscle because it's growing underneath your fat. As the fat comes off, you'll have muscle underneath. It takes a long time to get a good amount of muscle grown, so you should start lifting now. Otherwise you'll have a long period as a gross skeleton. Just skip the skeleton phase by lifting now. It'll help you lose weight anyway, and keep you motivated on getting aesthetic as fuck. Also you don't have to do bulk cut cycles, most people are just bad at balance and do them this way because they can't count calories for shit. If you're not a retard you'll have no problem.

didn't mean to make you homo man, no hard feelings. Cheers for the roast too, my lazy ass needs it.

Sounds like the route i want to take, thanks.

Going 3 days a week is getting boring. Will doing a 6 day PPL routine be a bad idea if i've only been lifting for 4 months?

>First of all, I have a fetish for moderately pregnant women and you remind me of that.

how to lose like 5-10 pounds before monday?

Cut your arm off

You've got a good attitude you'll make it user. Most people's 'goal bodies' are around 2 years of lifting from skelly, that is if you're lifting just to look good. It will take at least a few months to lose the weight so might as well get going now in the weight room. I started using ice cream fitness, even though the guy who made it is a retard. It's a solid beginner program though. Do that for a while until you figure some more shit out and then maybe do a ppl if you have a lot of time or something like Texas method. While you diet eat a high protein diet. Not only will it fill you up more per calorie making the cut easier, you'll keep muscle better while in caloric deficit. I'd do a moderate caloric deficit instead of a crazy cut because you don't want to feel like shit all the time. Good luck bro.

Dude that's just a horribly distended stomach, you don't look that fat. if you learnt to engage your abdomen you'd look a lot better. Personally I'd lift at maintenance for a month or two, I think you'll find that gut will disappear (you will have no visble abs however).

Then you could probably bulk for 6-12 months without getting fat.

Is there a fast way to train one arm to get stronger?
It seems that the years of casual dumbell lifting has caused one arm to be much weaker than the other and I'm finding it difficult to lift bar weights and even doing pushups. Should I just focus on one arm and ignore the other?

check if you have diastasis recti. it's when the ab muscles are split and the belly is not enough supported. I got it from heavy lifting but it's mostly common in women that are pregnant

Best pec assistance exercice ? For you ?

OP picture looks like a person with liver failure. Go get your fucking liver checked nigga

I want to start creatine but a lot of people are telling me not to and that it'll fuck up my body.

I did research and it doesn't seem like it'll do damage if I use it correctly.

Also, if I used creatine, would I still be natty?

Completely left out the original question. What do you guys think about creatine damaging my body?

Just stick to the recommended 5g/day and you'll be fine. The hair-loss fearmongering is a meme.

your belly isn't fat brah. It's bloat, probably from salty shit. Combined with a lack of core strength.

Basically, slow down on the salt, and do compounds + core work. You'll make it brah

Is jumping rope cardio a meme? If not, how long should I be pretending I'm a little girl for?

That looks like hardcore bloating. I'd get checked out for parasites and gastrointestinal disorders. I have a flat stomach usually but inflate that big, solid and round. It doesn't look the same as a gut purely made of sagging fat.

agreed it looks weird, but I suppose OP could just have weird genetics.

I'd start with cutting salt, OP, go for less than 1g or less than half a gram of salt per day. Within two weeks that alone might lose you like 4-5kg. Then re-assess.

Note though that cutting out salt is really hard, harder than counting calories. The salt-jew strikes at every opportunity, and you need to apply ceaseless vigilance.

Any recommended meals/snacks for when cuting?

Anything that is high volume for little calorie or bombs your tastebuds so that you can't eat anything else.

Apples
Celery (if you like that shit, I hate it)
zero fat, zero sugar yoghurt
zero fat, zero sugar greek yoghurt

For the latter category:

Fishermans Friends
Coke Zero
Coffee

>zero fat, zero sugar greek yoghurt
where can i get this

>questions not worth their own thread

just high protein shit. Just mucked a phat chicken breast. 340 calories, 60 g of protein and it keeps me going for hours. Also drink lots of water with every meal, it helps with hunger pangs.

I try hard not to snack in between meals but if i get a craving i might chew some gum or something to prevent me from eating anything

In any supermarket where I live, no idea about your country. It may be called "non-fat, no added sugar" or something else where you live. Usually it's less than 1% fat, but actually has sugar (just no added sugar)

This is the stuff we have in norway: yoplait.no/yoplait/00#348693

I have the same type of belly. It is not fat. A belly with fat all around sags. This looks like you are pregnant instead
Pic related has probably the same condition

I dont have the slightest idea about what causes it. It's the type of belly small children and starving africans have

Beer.

Kwashiorkor

Nah, first world doesn't have that

Could be fluid.

cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/coping-with-cancer/coping-physically/fluid-in-the-abdomen-ascites/about-fluid-in-abdomen

What the fuck, are you pregnant?

>pooping
>didn't bring phone
>sister waiting for toilet
>normal but liquidy/soft poop coming out with a mucous-like fluid
>feel something weird, soft, highly lubricated coming out
>get up to look at it
>it's a ball, a sac, some squishy shiny sphere
>thick outer coating with liquid inside
Did I lay an egg or something? I had to flush it so my sister wouldn't see

I had a disgusting gamer bod kind of like you and after some quote on quote research, I decided to go full Auschwitz before I tried to bulk up.

It worked out and I am glad I did it.

bad photo after alot of bacon, not usually that bad. Thought it was best to show you me at my worst.
Got tested a few months ago, better than average result.
These are the correct answers. I drink 8-12 beers 3 times a week, and have for the last 3 years. My brother on the other hand works out 6 times a week, is built, but still has the same distended stomach.
Jeremy clarkson drinks like there is no tomorrow.

youtube.com/watch?v=BEn61BL4Nwk

Most likely this. work on stretching your hip flexors and strengthening your abdominals and the gut will most likely go away. it worked for me

Literally looked at my ass today and thought exactly what this guy said.

Cheers.

Atleast 20 minutes everyday ideally
If you're a casual lifter sure go for a non retard program and you'll be fine. It isn't optimal but hey it keeps you coming to the gym

Proven exercises to fix round back / forward shoulders?

Achievable in the house with bodyweights and 2x8 kg dumbells? I can do pull-ups aswell in the park which is in the neighborhood.

Will post current body too. Genuine criticism and suggestions appreciated. Cant go to a gym for some special reasons. Been going for 2 years and now doing half assed home-workouts for 6-7 months. Will go 100%.

That can be done easily in a fast. Just depends on how badly you need to lose it. If it is crucial, I can't imagine why, just eat like 500 calories a day, take a multi-vitamin, and drink water. Then on the Monday you need the 10 pounds lost try to do something to lose the water weight. Wrestlers and people like that lose 5 pounds in a day to fit weight classes. You won't look good though

Inb4 gynos tho :)

1.83cm 79kg

Its fat, period.

>med student fag

>1.83cm

Does muscle mass waste at the same rate you put it on, or does it waste faster?

Let's say you just quit lifting and eating enough protein, how fast would it go away?

1.83 meter... Sorry about the mistake, im a human being i make mistakes

>Cant go to a gym for some special reasons

Explain.

If you're young, atrophy is pretty slow, especially with a good diet. Once you hit 35 or so it wastes faster.

Sure its doable, buy a barbell, 60ish kgs in weight, a bench a power rack and get lifting. Inb4 no money. Quit buying other shit untill you have money, its worth it.

also interested in this

How to avoid stretch marks?

How do I get stretchmarks like those?

>First of all, I have a fetish for moderately pregnant women and you remind me of that. I have conflicted feelings now, thanks user.

Hai Tigger :3

Whats the point in staying between 10-15% bf?

Im getting pretty fat hardly any visible abs when i tense, i am no where near my lifting goals is there any reason for me not to just keep bulking on 500kcal+ till i hit my goals?

Don't get fat

You get them from being too fat.

That picture is definitely from a pregnancy.

But yes getting fat can give you stretch marks. A lot of it is genetics. Some people are more prone to stretch marks than others.

5'8.5
190 lbs
Lifiting for about 3.5 months

About how much weight do I have to cut until I get to 15-20% bodyfat. I just want to look like I lift in a shirt and want to not be fat.

Like OP my biggest fear about cutting is that I already have little to no muscle right now and I will go from fatass to twig mode.

Here are some pics for reference

imgur.com/a/NTRUZ

292lbs from 323

did psmf for 7 weeks while lifting, lost over 30lbs, now I'm doing a combination of psmf and iifym since I added 3 days of cardio to my weekly routine

On a normal day I hit my protein goal of 110 grams and then eat other stuff like rice or cookies, maximum of 1200 Cal's a day with no more than 50g of carbs

Am I doing it right or should I fix something?

I started to the gym recently. Next day my muscles are sore and i am loving it. My question is i really want ot work out my chest but i dont know if i did it right. Because its totally not sore. Does it come later or is it less noticable ?