Dieting - muffin top

Dieting question /fit

Experienced lifter in my teens/early 20's was in great shape

I am now 30 with a muffin top. Beer belly and love-handles. I'm 6' 220 lbs.

I still bicycling (no running on account of water balloon knee from dislocation). Did it for 3 months 2 hrs a day with little results. But still ate like shit.

Just started lifting again but what do I do about my beer belly from wasting my late 20's on booze and bullshit?

What would be the best diet for someone that still does bike cardio and beginning lifting again?

OP here-- Also helpful exercises to get rid of love-handles/fat pack would be appreciated

>But still ate like shit
your answer right here
eat less calories (eating better stuff makes that easier) and you'll lose weight

Cut. Eat enough protein. Use a metabolic calculator, then eat 80 percent of your tde. Track all your food. And quit drinking so much.

Also specific exercises don't rid the body of fat in certain areas. Read the sticky

Hey guys OP here. I can't read very well and I don't like reading stickies. I some how made it to my thirties like this.

I don't like working out and eating right either. Is there an exercise I can do to give me toned for summer? I really stupid. Please help me.

haha hey you stinker this is OP!

Bicycling 2 hours a day isn't working out??? actually I hate summer-- Fall/winter my favorite time of year there, numbnuts

Cut bread. Cut all sugar- this is essential. In all products. That means reading labels.
Go on a high protein high fat diet for a week.
Then cut as other anons have advised.
Bread, sugar, alcohol are the ones you must avoid.
If you must snack snack on nuts and seeds, never sugar.

Low impact cardio for a few months, lots and lots of walking.

If you can't do this you deserve to be a fat arse

OP here. I have bad diet of eating one huge meal right before bed. I know this sounds like a meme but no...

When /fit eats are you guys energized or left tired??

If you're eating a bucketload of sugar of course you feel exhausted.

No one gets drained eating salad champ

>snack on nuts and seeds
I already do this everyday :^)

Not so much sugar. Red meats and dairy

Cheese?

>Still ate like shit

You're an idiot if you think your diet is a small part of the equation, download MyFitnessPal, count your calories, and make a caloric deficit, also eat healthier you fucking faggot

Both red meat and dairy is calorie dense

Like every user here is telling you- count your calories

OP here.I don't think my diet is a small part of the equation. That is supremely why I said I ate 'like shit'
I am looking for dietary advice, numbnuts.
Also, thanks for the advice

Fellow 30'sfag here. It is a bit harder, eh? Water and veggies will fill you up, try to eat less carbey shit. The user who said to use fitnesspal is right, you should do that too.

EAT MEAT

Ex fatass here. Lost weight when i was younger through eating shitty low cal carbs and walking more. Looked like shit so read about lifting and got into that. With a clean bulk, lots of protein whole carbs etc. I look way better and stronger but I still have love handles, presumably from fucked up fat storage hormones. Theyre only starting to shrink now after ive gone full paleo. Would recommend.

OP here. Tell me more about fitnesspal ap. What does it do and how can it help a muffin top like me who still works out?

It counts your calories. THat way, you know exactly how bad that baked ziti with all the olive oil and butter really is. "Oh but I cycled 2 hours yesterday", well sorry buddy but you consumed 3000 calories today. that's why you have love handles.

33 here.
just do what you used to do.
results may seem slower, but they do come.
it will take at least 24 months to revert the neglect you had with your body.
also, read the sticky and lift.

ITT: retards actually helping an obvious troll thread.

I want summer to end.

OP here. Christ, I don't eat baked ziti thats for sure. But even when biking I was consuming a lot of buttery, fatty food...

This isn't a troll thread

Buttery, fatty food eh? An hour of cycling will burn you 6 or 700 calories. It is easier to not eat a buttery fat meal than cycle it off.

Even better, do both - eat a healthy meal with lots of veg and go on a cycle. Your love handles will melt away.

Welcome to being 30 (35 here).

When you turn 30, everything sloooowwws down. You can become a fat fuck like everyone else your age or do something about it.

What has helped me:

Green tea all day erry day. Buy in bulk.

Weight training + HIIT. Having a business = not a lot of time. Have to maximize it (no kids yet but soon God willing). Low-intensity cardio is fine but it tends to make people hungrier than anything else, which sucks.

Fill up on veggies every meal. My breakfast (and meals a lot of times) consists of kale, celery, protein, almond butter or coconut oil, all blended up.

Carbs are... okay, but they have to count. Has to be high-fiber and move things along. Oats, fruits, etc.. If the muffin top is really troublesome they may just need to go altogether for a while.

The real battle starts at 30, my friend. Good luck.

You just accumulated high body fat content from excess carbs in your diet.Get it measured, then reduce to below 15% Cut sugars, cut beer, cut fries, calculate you required calories intake. Consume less than that.

Then do everything else he suggested too and you should be golden.

I also used to have love handles and started doing intermittent fasting (along with most of what that other suggested). Lost my handles in a month.

>6' 220

that's not a muffin top dude, that's a full on roll.

>When you turn 30, everything sloooowwws down.
31 here, and I can confirm this is true. I also stopped drinking because of this. Once I hit 30, one beer made me bloated as fuck. God forbid I actually get drunk; then I'm suffering with a hangover for almost 2 days (never even used to get hangovers in college). Diet becomes EXTREMELY important after 30, since high blood pressure and diabetes runs in my family (tfw black).

Eat clean (or at least semi-clean) and exercise. Make time for that shit too. I have 2 kids (a 2 year old and a 5 month old) and never skipped a beat with my fitness routine over the past 2 years. You have no excuse to fuck that shit up unless you're a single parent.

>he believes the "everything goes downhill at 30" meme
Army Special Forces captains are, on average, right around 30 years old and those motherfuckers are superhuman. You just never really pushed yourself.

This X30
Are you me?

He said you should make it more of a point to stay in shape when you hit 30 because your body starts to change. Your counter argument is to say that fucking army special forces captains (guys who probably train DAILY) don't have a problem with their bodies going to shit.

...did you even read what he was saying?

>Arnold won Olympia at 34, therefore nothing must change when you turn 30

You are literally retarded.