Is it a meme?

No, it's a bench variation

Barbell - yes, dumbells are glorious though

It works your upper chest bro

Hasn't this been disproven. Isn't it just a sort of cheat OHP

not unless you claim to bench the weight you press on a smith machine

you might accidentally build a good looking chest

If you have the angle to high yeah, just do it at like 30-45 degrees

I read this all the time, but I can feel a difference in the muscles worked between flat, incline, and oh.

Is the dumbbell to barbell ratio 1:1?

E.g. if I am doing a set with 150lbs as my workonf weight on barbell, would I use 75 lb. dumbbells? Or would I adjust down a bit to account for little imbalances and such that may exist.

Can you not feel your own muscles engage when you do a lift

Adjust down because your stabilizers may be imbalanced

Probably will be slightly less as you have to pick the dumbells off the floor and into position

Bump,post what you do on chest day and how is it working out so far

My current workout has me doing flat bench, then ohp, then incline. Is this a good order? I want to be a little warmed up for ohp but not tired because it's easier to hurt your back if your form fails.

no, there are more stabilizers involved in dumbbell, also you probably have a stronger side on barbell that helps your weaker side, start lighter than you think and work your way up. 75s are a pretty impressive dumbbell weight while 150 bench is not.

If your stabilizers are strong enough maybe, but if you don't do a lot of dumbbell work you'll have to work lower than your barbell weight.

CHAD doesn't need to do THIS but a PERFECT CHEST. ALL he does is EAT PIZZA and still FUCKS more WOMAN than YOU will EVER FUCK

Bench, dumbbel incline press and flies on the machine. Upper pecs starting to look good and actually getting some definition in the space inbetween my pecs.
However, I feel like my lower pecs just aren't there yet. Any idea how to fix?

I just started at a real gym, so I can bench now.

Can confirm, was benching 50s on DB and 1 pl8 BB was still a bit wobbly.

You're doing coolcicada's PPL, right?

I thought it was stupid at first but when I tried it I loved it (i'm talking about the flat bench -> ohp -> incline bench). That ohp looks randomly thrown in there but it's not.

Thanks brehs.

Yup! I've added a few things of my own though. I do cable flies now on chest day also. Also added dips for tris and chest.

I add a lot of pull ups and tons more leg volume as well.

You made any alterations?

Dips.

Why is that ?

FRAME

I do incline, flat and decline dumbell presses as part of my push/pull routine.

HEIGHT

>You made any alterations?
Very little - just switched some exercises I can't preform in my gym with simmilar ones that I can. I've learnt from my mistakes.

I started out with SL and then decided for transition to PPL. I stumbled upon coolcicada's PPL and decided to give it a try - I love going to the gym so I was searching for something that I can do 6x a week and PPL was perfect for that.

A friend of mine was doing a brosplit at the time and he looked at the routine and said there's no way that's enough volume. I bumped all compounds from 3x5 to 5x5 and added a lot of accessory work too. A lot. The problem was he (and me, obviously) didn't know the point of PPL is high frequency not tons of volume. I made some gains but my recovery was completely fucked from all the volume and my compounds started to stall when they should really be flying up.

Just two weeks ago I started again - this time with as little changes to his routine as possible. I did add deadlifts to pull tho. :)

FACE

FEET

I bench 235x5 and i'm having a hard time doing 90s for 5

I do 150 lbs 3x5 in barbell bench press and 120 lbs 4x8 in dumbbell bp

60 each side

Bench, 50kg 5x5
Incline bench, 35kg DB 3x6
Weighted dips, +10kg 6-10 reps for 3 sets

Im a NYR and 61 kg. Any tips and feedback?

>Any tips and feedback?
Learn how to rotate faggot

Noted. Anything fitness related?

Eat and run Greg nuckols 3 day novice bench program

Im checking that out when i get home. How long should I follownthe program? Ive never followed any program before ever

>35kg DB 3x6
wut?

Till you stop making gains.

I held two 17.5 DB today and tried 3x6 insted of 3x5

Then you did 17.5kg DB 3x6, not 35.

I have the same situation, but my lower pecs are still fatty cause I haven't cut well enough to kill the lingering fat.

>he cant barbell bench

It's ok, y-you're gonna make it too, breh.

Is that your mom?

No

In Practical Programming for Strength Training 3rd edition the Incline Bench Press is used as a pressing variant on the Medium day in a routine based on the Starr model for intermediate trainees. There it is also said that it's good for "size".

Just because it's endorsed by Mark "Meme Man" Rippetoe doesn't mean it's good.

What do you guys think of this one? Also, what is the difference between doing 5x5 and 4x8, i think this its called high reps vs low reps right?

Is decline bench a good sub for dips? Dips fuck my shoulders up.

>incline bench
>no more interested than before

Yes, they're pretty much interchangeable

Pls respond