How do I start enjoying working out?

How do I start enjoying working out?

I've got some friends who do it for fun, I just don't have that drive but I still do it anyhow for work. How can I make it a hobby rather than a chore?

Make some gains. You'll be excited at your progress and want to continue.

I guess you either do or you don't. Personally I've loved every moment since I started

Do it enough and it becomes routine. Once it becomes routine, it'll become an integral part of your day that you'll hate to skip (like, hopefully, brushing your teeth in the morning).

I once got hurt and had to sit out of the gym for 2 months. I literally fell into a depression because I couldn't work out.

Is this u bruh ?

Track your gains.

Make a damn poster on your wall and colour in when you hit a new PR.

I feel hella happy when I've smashed a new PR.

KILL IT

Keep going till you do enjoy it. Once you start getting mired or noticing definition you'll want more.

every session is a new PR as a novice

it's clearly not working for him

Make gymbros

Fuck, man. I can't past 2pl8, even, I had to deload 20 lbs each side because I was failing the every set. I'm bulking, I got a gut (IDC) and I cant be stronger. What is happening?

In squat

Noob question but what's PR?

>you either do or you don't

Personal record

You are obviously not meant too.
Why do you feel the need to work out in the first place? Won't help you with anything these days. You would be better off investing your time into developing your career or things that genuinely interest you.

Personal record.

That makes sense, thanks.

Find a way to make lifting fun (either through competition with your friends or yourself or some autistic mind game) or switch to some other form of exercise that you find entertaining.

The stick should have a picture with basic lifting acronyms

PR
DOMS
ROM
SS
SL
DYEL
DB
BB

Do you know where you are

>How do I start enjoying working out?
Find out what you enjoy
Figure out what your goal is (size/strength/endurance/skill)
Find out how what you enjoy can help you achieve your goal

Consider if you don't like something because you are bad at it, practise makes perfect, I hated DB chest press, but realised that it wasn't bad once my arms stopped wobbling.

Once you start seeing results you will enjoy it.

Start lifting for strength.
I hated the gym until i started lifting for strength, you will get mad gains but seeing slight changes over a long time is almost impossible, so it's nice to see progress week by week by adding weight. Gives a face to lifting.
Seeing numbers go up, yearning to back to the gym so you can improve and beat your old record is fun as heck