People after size and aesthetics unironically take lifting advice from this guy

>People after size and aesthetics unironically take lifting advice from this guy.

When did you realize SS was a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xaEVDfDazI4
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs
fitsticky.com/novice-programs
strengtheory.com
strengtheory.com/the-new-approach-to-training-volume/
strengtheory.com/hypertrophy-range-stats-adjustments/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

after spending about two weeks on Veeky Forums

but now that i've been here for a few years it's pretty obvious that the meme is that SS is a meme, you've just fallen for the biggest troll on this board

Good try Mark

Looks like he's critiquing someone's squat from across the gym

Trolling aside, it's good for nuubs that want to build a good strength base.

After running that for 9 - 12 months, shifting to an upper / lower split or PPL and sorting out your diet will get your aesthetics in order. :^)

Reminder that Justin trained with Rip for a long time.

Whenever I saw routines similar in nature like the greyskull variations and Sean's stripped 5x5. They focus on progressive overload and getting you stronger but are well balanced. Plus my quads blew up like crazy on SL when I first started.

Nobody gives a shit about your worthless opinion.

>y-you have to be ripped for your advice to be valid.

Go buy Simeon Panda or Lazar Angelo's programs and diet plans then i'm sure it will be a great investment.

It's not a meme, if he claimed it was for size and aesthetics it would be but he is very clear, is just for strength at any cost, like ingesting a gallon of estrogen a day.

If only his religious zealots felt the same way.

So how come that old fatass doesn't take his own advice and get Veeky Forums?

>strength training doesn't make your muscles grow

Stale meme at this point senpai

SS is "for size", though. one of the main features of the program is putting on lean body mass as quickly as possible, because that's also the fastest way to get strong.

He can do 18 or so bodyweight chinups
Squat over 180kg for reps
And deadlift over 5pl8

At 60.

>Fit is being ripped and aesthetic
>Fit is not being physically capable and strong

Kill yourself.

Ss is ok to do for 2-3 months. Except add rows.

>doing rows instead of chinups

Not gonna make it.

does your benis get hard when you look at klokov?

Fuck off you pathetic cunt

You should up the volume to 5x5 too, but then it's just a whole new program at that point so you'll have to rename it to Whitehead 5x5 or something.

You see the thing is you're mentally ill and dyel as fuck

I would literally respect you more if you posted as user (which I treat as dyel anyway)

You think he can run a 7:00 mile?

Yeah too bad LBM=/=muscle mass, which is what everyone's really after. Nobody is looking to get bloated and gain water weight

Jesus fuck klokov

mind posting the chinups? because i have a feeling old Tits McGee here is doing em in his imagination or with disability inducing form

No, but he can outlift you at the age of 60.

nope, 18 with solid form. google it

youtu.be/xaEVDfDazI4

>you
>telling anyone they're not gonna make it
top kek. Kill yourself.

>Yeah too bad LBM=/=muscle mass, which is what everyone's really after.
lol, you think there's something magical about 5 reps that makes you gain LBM that is not muscle mass? you better explain this. what exactly are you gaining?

hey trappy-chan, do you have any experience with splitting the deadlift into partials like rip recommends? I'm roughly at the level where he recommends you start doing it (around 2xBW for a 200lbs male)

>health at every size

Have you considered starting your own tumblrs?

>think you have a stronger back than a rower when you struggle to do 20 chinups.

Not gonna transition.

nice, i'm genuinely impressed. I'd say they could have been a bit more controlled but i'm not gonna be a fag

Cardio>>>>>lifting in terms of "fitness". Don't believe me? Look at Zyzz. A 400 pound squat is not fitness

I'm not shitting on 5 rep sets I'm saying that 3x5 will build less muscle mass than your typical 4x8 routine, UNLESS you're a weak noob. Saying SS is for size is pretty misleading because that implies it's optimal for building muscle.

That was right before his shoulder surgery, so he wasn't in top shape (rotator cuff tear).

And webm related is his squat.

>comparing Rip to HAES

Newfriend pls.

Not just Rip, Sheiko also does that a lot. Take a look at his spreadsheets fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs

Partials are very useful.

>what are weighted chinups

Pls this is a no-rowing safezone

"Hard" might be an overstatement tbqh.

SS and TM reporting in. Just stop sucking.

>People after size and strength unironically take lifting advice from this guy, but don't follow his diet guidelines

It's part of the program, twink shits

Is your not dick not working ?

Who gives a fuck? If you've never lifted before you're not gonna get size and aesthetics in the first yr of starting (unless you're juicin or going through puberty). SS/SL are great beginner programs because they get you eating right, into good form for the essential lifts, and build up all around strength so you can fuck off and do some size/aesthetics routine when you're strong enough.

It's your own stupidity if you use it for aesthetics, it's your own stupidity if you use it in the long term.

STARTING

STRENGTH

S T A R T I N G

S T R E N G T H

What does that sound like it means to you?

>I'm not shitting on 5 rep sets I'm saying that 3x5 will build less muscle mass than your typical 4x8 routine

Except it has been proven by multiple studies that 5 and 8 reps have the same effect on hypertrophy. See fitsticky.com/novice-programs
strengtheory.com
But I'm sure you know a lot more than everyone else with your meme opinions.

umm in regards to the chins vs rows argument.. why not just do both? that way your back will be developed fully since you will be doing both horizontal and vertical pulling. Isn't this standart knowledge?

>weighted chinups

225 row> 90lb weighted chin

if moderate reps are giving you the same (or better) size increases as low reps then why wouldn't you do the moderate reps so you can rest less in between sets? more time efficient and less intense if size is your only goal and you don't care about strength

also do you have a source for that infographic? is it from strengtheory? i'm interested in reading more

Yea both are great. Problem is fatshit retards savour rips zipper flavor and completely write off a necessity.

4x8=32 reps
3x5=15 reps
Its obvious that 4x8 will build more muscle. Fuck off with your shitty strawman dyel tranny

rows are not a "necessity". it's an assistance exercise.

Why haven't you killed yourself?

Yes because you're using the same intensity and weight with 3x5 as you are with 4x8

>reps per set = total volume

Kill yourself you dyel retard

>intensity
Yep
>weight
Nope

Reported for being a faggot.

Of course it makes you grow, but this thread is aimed for those who look for size AND aesthetics if you put on 10 pounds of LBM and 30 pounds of fat you will look anything but aesthetic.

If SS isn't a meme how come there are regular threads of people posting how it ruined their physiques (with pics) and has been known as a meme for years before a confused girly-man started posting here?

I'm not the guy you're replying to but "assistance exercise" is something a competitor or coach in the discipline would say. If you're not a competitor in lifting why not develop a more general well-being attitude towards strength training? You're body will benefit the most from both vertical AND horizontal pulling. For a non-competitive athlete I reckon your health and even your looks are more important than your squat or clean numbers?

Ill explain because you missed what he meant. Intensity isn't your "will" to lift. Intensity is related directly to the weight your lifting.

For example when you lift your 1RM your lifting at 100% intensity, its the only rep your doing. When increase the volume your intensity goes down. This is how intensity is referred to when talking about lifting.

Your body* fuck

>Ruined their physiques
>Blaming SS
>Not years of warcraft, Cheetos and Mountain Dew
top kek

>overweight guy in his 60s does more than you
where did it all go so wrong

>strength vs size argument

Size has been shown multiple times to be a factor of progressive overload and volume. 3x5 is about as good as it's gonna get for progressive overload but the bare minimum in terms of volume. I don't know why SS fags can't admit that. Most people aren't even advocating dumping low rep high intensity compounds. They're just stating to maximize size gains you need to increase volume. A common example would be following your 3x5 bench with 3x10 db bench. Now you are hitting both progressive overload and volume for chest/triceps.

>he fell for the "SS ruined my physique" pics

You realise those are trolls, right?

kek

Your final point being? I'm not gonna write out 1RM percentages because I'm not a PL'er but if you're working just as hard with 3x5 as with 4x8 then the 4x8 will build more muscle, EVEN THOUGH you're lifting less weight

The trap seems to think otherwise

>Maybe because SS is a strength program
>Novice/Newbies who should be doing SS should be looking at strength
>When you are ready to go for more size
>Switch to something like TM
>Combines volume, recovery, intensity

you're literally just quoting rippletits now

My point was only that intensity in the context it was sarcastically used in was in reference to lifting, not your personal feeling of your intensity.

Higher Volume = Lower Intensity

That is all I was pointing out.

Yeah I know. Intensity (with respect to 1RM) isn't the same as rated perceived exertion (RPE)

>seems to post evidence suggesting otherwise
you should probably not reproduce tho

Rep ranges have little to do with volume.

I think you're quoting the wrong person kek

No, it's not. Stop meme posting for a second and use your free time for something productive, like reading and learning.

Kek you can do both, it's just not as important as the chinup already does all rows do. But it's good if you want variety and extra volume.

I just like to meme about rows, but if you actually look into the programs I write, you'll see I do include rows often.

>if moderate reps are giving you the same (or better) size increases as low reps then why wouldn't you do the moderate reps so you can rest less in between sets? more time efficient and less intense if size is your only goal and you don't care about strength

You can do that.

>do you have a source for that infographic?

strengtheory.com/hypertrophy-range-stats-adjustments/

Eh, it works 80% kek
HRT has its downsides

I can get it 100% but it takes effort and focus, and it's hard (pun not intended) to maintain it for very long.

And his looks are nothing special.

Zyzz could barely squat 2plate though. He was never strong.

>comparing natty lifters to roiders

I didn't comapare him without anyone, you cancerous cocksucker.

Why are you allowed to post here again?

Dont talk shit about trappy

For you to state
>And his looks are nothing special.
You have to compare him to a certain standard.

Be less butthurt friendo.

Because Veeky Forums isn't your safespace. Try /r/fitness instead.

You're right user. We shouldn't talk shit about the mentally ill.

I was referring to Rip in the user's post. His 400lb squat means little in terms of fitness if he's fat and can't run (or do some other form of cardio)

Trappy how do I achieve Justin mode?

You are assuming he can't run, though.

h8 moar

He's +60. He was competing at younger age. Now he is coaching, and trying to maintain some strength base. He's old, probably tired and wants to have some beer and steak. He deserves it.

I'm sorry that it hurts your feelings that he's just a human being

My hate for you drives my workouts. I could out lift anyone if you died in front of me.

Is it diffiult to fap with ? do you plan to remove it?

i'm not trappy but this is classic cis-white-male shit
>i rage and i identify with my rage
you realise how embarrassing that sounds to sane people, right?

no need to feel bad you fag. just because he looks like a fat grandma with a goatee doesn't negate the fact he spent his life strength training. all that effort is gonna show even through bad food choices

>>>tumblr

Train for years with dedication.
Have a good diet.

Don't be so rough senpai >< ugh

>Is it diffiult to fap with ?

Nah, I feel most pleasure from butt stuff anyways, so it's ok.

>do you plan to remove it?

Nope.

>classic cis-white-male shit

you realise how embarrassing that sounds to sane people, right?

just kill yourself, freak

tfw I will never give trappy butt pleasure ;_;

>nope

good

>you realize how embarrassing that sounds to women right

says the thinnest, grossest, mentally ill faggot ont his board.

funny since he trained with rip he's not pivoting his hip on concentric part of the lift like rippetoe trains.

Pls be a troll

He trained with Rip way before Rip started teaching the press 2.0

never say never, senpai!

All the SS hate on this board is just retards who started doing it thinking they were gonna get swole as CHAD.

Only after doing it for 4 months and entering tyrannosaurus mode, did they go and actually ready the book where it says explicitly, that SS won't help you look aesthetic.

What Veeky Forumsizens always forget is that SS might not be the absolute best program in the world (especially if you want to look like CHAD), but it's 1000X better than the retarded stuff that gets passed around at the gym to beginners.

Most of us are just annoyed how SS is paraded around like it's literally God's gift to mankind when more balanced routines with the same general concepts exist and are okay with adding high volume accessories.

>most of us

There's no "us" mate. It's you.

>more balanced routines

I like this meme though.

Good job repeating the same meme posts that have been repeated at least a hundred times on this thread alone.

Kek