Is vaping bad for you?

Is vaping bad for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

standard.co.uk/news/health/vaping-could-be-just-as-dangerous-as-smoking-study-finds-a3145841.html
medicalnewstoday.com/articles/309945.php
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25979079
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_cigarette
telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/12/e-cigarettes-are-no-safer-than-smoking-tobacco-scientists-warn/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's bad for your self-esteem because everyone will laugh at you for being a faggot

as long as you only do it at home/in designated smoking areas nobody will care

not sure why everyone on Veeky Forums thinks that if you dont do everything exactly normie tier you'll be laughed at

most people don't give a shit

Yes but not as bad as smoking cigarettes

>tobacco in general
kek

The whole point of vaping is that you can actually do it everywhere, including in buildings

Is a dick in your ass bad for you?

It makes you look like a complete faggot so yes

Generally anyone who vapes are either those super edgy 17 year old skater kids or failed at life man children with endless tattoos of nonsense that work a part-time job at walmart.

So yeah, it's bad for you.

>social stigmas mean health issues

no, that is very much not the point of vaping

Hey everyone I've spotted the vaper trying to defend himself!

Lets all laugh at him and his degenerate habits!!!

>not vaping testosterone
>making it
Pick one losers

No joke if that existed I'd vape like a fucking steam engine

Anything that is a foreign object, isn't exactly a good thing for you.
I.E - BBC in the ass..

However, compared to smoking, it's been proven to be 95% safer than Cigs, I won't bother with the proof, because we're not about proving things.

Nope. Its not good for you but it has 0 health affects other than addiction, which is easily managed by vaping more.

How come the only argument against vaping is

>hurr durr it make u look like a faget

What are the health risks? What does it do to your lungs? How does it compare to smoking? What scientific studies have been conducted?

it's not as bad as being dumb enough to even ask this fucking question. Delete this thread immediately.

Anyone who vapes inside is a fucking faggot, it has already been linked to lung disease, I don't want to breath that shit in.

Vaping cigarettes is full tier fedora land.

That said, smoking pot via vaporizer is about 100x more enjoyable + probably 4x more economical than rolling joints. Love my Wulf LX.

whats wrong with wanting to know about the effects of a relatively new thing that people are doing?

standard.co.uk/news/health/vaping-could-be-just-as-dangerous-as-smoking-study-finds-a3145841.html

you're inhaling nicotine you idiot. a literal pesticide. what do you think?

What are the pro's?
>better than smoking cigarettes

Being 'less bad' than some other useless addiction is not a rationale to do something.

>it has already been linked to lung disease, I don't want to breath that shit in.

link?

Anytime hot gasses enter your lungs it's bad for you. That being said, there are 4 ingredients in ejuice: propyl glycol, vegetable glycol, nicotine, and artificial flavouring. In cigarettes, there are a ton of different additives that are carcinogenic.

If you make sure the ejuice you're getting is diacetyl free, it's not terribly bad for you compared to cigarettes, cigars, etc.

Also, people think it's gay to use vaporizers but if you're really that concerned about what people think about you, you're a Faggot anyway.

>Anyone who vapes inside is a fucking faggot, it has already been linked to lung disease, I don't want to breath that shit in.

Wrong, friendo. Second-hand vape has zero effect on the human body.

medicalnewstoday.com/articles/309945.php

>being 'less bad' than some other useless addiction is not a rationale to do something

It is if you're struggling to quit cigarettes. There are varying levels of nicotine content w/v. It can be a very effective weaning tool with much lower health risks.

This article is bullocks. There are no links to the study itself. What technology was used in the study? What products?

The convenience store e-cigs made by tobacco companies are very different from modular vapourising devices that the majority of the community use.

fair enough, i had to use the lozenges to quit smoking myself -- so i get where you're coming from.

but it's not doing anything to break the addiction if the dose of nicotine is the same, delivery mechanism is the same (inhaling), and has the added bonus of being easier to rationalize "Hey it's not that unhealthy, why quit"

>built my own box mod, soldered the wiring myself
>mix all of my own e-juice so I know exactly what I'm vaping
>haven't had a dip of chewing tobacco in 2 years
>teeth look 100% better, no longer getting abscesses on my gums, and nicotine entry-sores on the inside of my mouth are gone

Feels good man.

Hasn't affected my lung capacity at all. In fact, I've improved my 5k time by a few minutes in the last few months.

>
That page you liked literally said nothing about second hand smoke.

this is a quote from your page
"Many people believe e-cigarettes are less harmful to health than conventional cigarettes, but there is not a lot of scientific evidence to back this up, say the researchers."

So shut the fuck up and stop vaping inside you fucking faggot.

I think nicotine is supposed to be a good aromatase inhibitor, but i read that here so it could be broscience

It is a vasoconstrictor. The people who I see vape probably take in more nicotine through a vaper then they would cigs. Time will tell but the fact that you can increase the concentration of nicotine in a vaper, makes it potentially worst for cardiovascular health imo

>Those tits

There is the study faggot.

Yours literally said the same thing but reworded to be the opposite, with zero sources and zero scientific claims in the entire article.

I was just showing you how fucking stupid you look, and you took the bait like the little tard guppy you are.

I hope you have fun with cell damage leading to cancer faggot.

The entire study is a speculation and still hasn't been proven. Why can't you read, faggot?

>The increased use of inhaled nicotine via e-cigarettes has unknown risks to lung health.
>unknown

It's literally on the first line. They then proceed to say "well this stuff MIGHT/PERHAPS happen possibly"

ITT: jewbacco shills shilling to get $0.05 deposited in their bank account

Pls be true.

>not wanting to increase balding tho

Thanks wulf. awuuuuu

I've experimented with vaping water-soluble vitamins; folate, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 -- and vitamin C.

A week into vaping B12 I already feel a lot better when I wake up in the mornings and I'm not dragging ass by 2 pm at work. I've had a deficiency my whole life and this is helping. Not quite as efficiently as shots but it's more pleasant than sticking myself with a needle, that's for sure.

I'm sorry you have no basic understanding of medical literature. They dropped the solution onto lung lining cells. They found loss of function, oxidation stress (precursor to cancer), and inflammation (precursor to disease).

"These results suggest that soluble components of e-Cig, including nicotine, cause dose-dependent loss of lung endothelial barrier function, which is associated with oxidative stress and brisk inflammation."

Such link can't have been proven and vapers literally breathe out water so there is no way for the people around to be affected by second smoke

I hate vaping, but I hate smoking even more, I want you faggots to stop spewing toxic shit in my air. Every time some faggot in front of me breaths out a giant cloud of toxic smoke I want to shoot his kneecaps out.

Never met anyone that thought of vapers as any better than normal smokers

Good to see that, bro.

In my country it's not allowed to sell the e-cigar online for "not enough evidence to relate it to smoking treatment and probable cause of lung problems".
Needless to say, it's fucking funny to see e-cigar stores opening every day.

>H2O and CO2
>toxic shit

probably less cancerous than fast food and soda pop

read my post above you moron

IT'S NOT AS BAD AS X SO IT MUST NOT BE THAT BAD!

that's propylene glycol causing those effects, it hits hard and is generally unpleasant unless you like a really sharp throat hit

i only vape vegetable glycerine, food flavorings, and small amounts of nic

smoker's cough has completely vanished after a year and my lung capacity is awesome now

>vapers literally breathe out water
Literally no
You're literally breathing out vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol

>muh second hand smoke
toppest kek you pansy faggots can suck my dick and balls

>mfw being shredded and smoking next to the jogging tards
>mfw they probably have blacker lungs from running next to traffic than I do from smoking

Most vapefags don't even use PG because

>breh clouds

So ? Your post doesn't have anything to do with mine

Source ?

Now you are just making up shit and making assumptions, the study I linked said "These results suggest that soluble components of e-Cig, including nicotine"

Just admit you lost bro it's ok, I will even go to your funeral if you die of lung cancer.

Is smoking a pipe on occasion better than smoking cigarettes? I miss smoking, but I don't want any of the constriction, lowered test etc. again

>Source ?
You can't be serious right?

>The fluid in the e-cigarette, called e-liquid,[5] is usually made of nicotine, propylene glycol, glycerine, and flavorings
Literally the first paragraph
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_cigarette

>smoking lowers test
>inb4 smoking 4 packs a day lowers test

This, it carries a 5% risk compared to tobacco apparently, but still a risk.

I vape #YOLO #VapeNation

nobody knows at this point

it could be PG, it could be VG, it could be the strawberry daiquiri flavoring, or it could be the nic

your study doesn't say, nor does anyone else's

>
It's ok I accept your defeat, it was nice talking to you bro, I had a blast intellectually destroying you, like I said I'll still go to your funeral if you die of lung cancer.

I don't know, I at least don't want to go back to a pack a day. 10 years is enough.

I do miss chilling out on occasion with some tobacco though, I really love the taste and smell.

wot m8? i'm just saying they didn't isolate the ingredients. the study you posted didn't say whether it was the PG/VG/nic/flavoring causing it, they just said it caused it.

for all we know they could've had diacetyl within the food grade flavorings which was proven to cause lung issues over time, and now most ejuice manufacturers don't use it.

either way the study you linked is pretty inconclusive as far as what is actually causing the damage that could perhaps happen to someone who vaporized the liquid and inhaled it. if they isolated the ingredients you would see a difference.

You can't be serious right ?

The composition of the liquid has nothing to do with the composition of exhaled smoke. The liquid goes through two major altering operations before reaching non-smokers, aka the activation of the liquid through inhalation and the filtering of the first smoke by the lungs.

I am NOT arguing that vaping could be harmful to the vaper, I'm just concerned about the non-sense you're spouting about second smoke effects.

>being this assblasted because the link you've been spamming has proven to be shit tier

How much is Marlboro paying you to post in this ITT thread?

that pretty much sums up the people that I know who vape.

>I had a blast intellectually destroying you
*tips fedora*

learn some self-control then
smoking pipe is hardcore fedora tier

This is basically what I've witnessed most norm is don't care what other people are doing

Only as a treat in my own home, I'm not that into cigars compared to pipes.

I listen to two idiots babble on about 'vaping' last night and it was horrible.

Please don't be a vaper. If you smoke, please try quitting and not contributing to the cancer that is vaping.

Vaping anything but weed is fucking FAIL. Why would you inhale vapor if it will not make you high? Fucking retards.

Holy shit, anti-vapers confirmed for more fedora than vapers

>caring this much about what some faggot is putting into his body

You can't make this shit up

Who is this semen demon?

telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/12/e-cigarettes-are-no-safer-than-smoking-tobacco-scientists-warn/

Who dis

>is chemical addiction bad for you

I work in a smoke/Vape shop. Can confirm that Vapers are the fag-est of Fags.

>guy comes in with about $500 worth of Vape mods and tanks
>claim they all don't work
>leaves them in a bag saying he doesn't want them
>comes back a couple weeks later wondering where his shit is and why he didn't get a call about it
>always comes in for us to fix the simplest of issues he could have solved himself. For example, an eVic was reading no atomizer. You just have to make sure there's no juice between the coil and connector.
>can't pronounce "atomizer"
>refers to himself as "our favorite customer
>Bald manlet

Then there are the fagots that are super picky about juice. I can't stand these people.

Just do it because you like it, but don't let the culture define you.

Remember skateboarders in the 90's and 2000's? the ones who were faggots were the ones who jumped in line with all the fashion trends invloved and shit.

Don't spout about "VAPE LYFE BRO" and you won't be a faggot

So basically what you're saying is the vapenation is completely accurate

Ooh wulf has more products?

>>>/reddit/
>>>/facebook/
>>>/9gag/

Wtf did I just watch? That was some cringe.

>Is vaping bad for you?
Another teachable moment:
YES, 'vaping' is as bad for you as smoking, believe it.

As someone who has been addicted to nicotine, vaping is still not good for you. You'll end up with popcorn lung, ie. coughing up phlegm constantly but with no fever, sore throat, etc. Also, it's a terrible addiction to have. For example, I would get actually mad if I couldnt get my fix. The final part is, yes, you look like an absolute faggot. In my town there's a handful of people trying to quit, and the rest are 2edgy4u teens and neckbeards.

>le bornagain anti-tobacco faggot
My favorite kind of faggot
How many packs m8?
Remove yourself from the genepool ASAP you weak willed refuse

Someone from my hometown vaped until he coughed blood. Turns out he literally blew a hole in one of his lungs.

Darwin will take care of you guys.

>bornagain anti-tobacco faggot

Hardly, I love a good ciggy when I'm drinking, I've just cut back significantly and it's made a huge difference, especially when I'm doing cardio, and I hardly feel the addictive effects until the weekend rolls around and I get a craving for a lovely smoke and a beer.

I'm not sure if you read the article or the study, but it does go on to say that the experiment is equivalent to somebody "chain vaping", and that it caused between 100-1000 times less damage than that of smoking traditional cigarettes. So yeah, it's still not good for you, like I said, but it's not nearly as dangerous as smoking cigarettes, for obvious reasons and reasonsbacked up by science, the source for which you just backed me up with.

my anecdotal evidence: all the girls I knew who started smoking before high school had tiny ass tits.

>You'll end up with popcorn lung

That's from diacetyl and if you mix your own ejuice there won't be any in it, faggot.

Your lungs weren't designed to be chimneys, they were made for breathing.

I quit smoking today brehs

I've done it a few times, the longest for about 6 months, but it's still tough.

If you've also quit, keep going! It feels great once you've been off cigs for a few weeks and your taste, smell and breathing are improved already!

I believe in you!

Vaping it's alright despite what these idiots say.

I vape sometimes at home to relax or when I'm listening to music. Helps me relax a lot.

>b-but you look like a fedora faggot

Meh

If you care that much about what people think about you, you won't make it.

faggot
*tips fedora*

I'm sure it's better than cigarettes but there is still side effects. I tried it once and really liked, did it constantly for the first 3 days and then I got this gross ass heavy white film on my tongue. Liked like a yeast infection, possibly from the glycerin in the flavors which is basically sugar and feeds the yeast bacteria. Went away when I stopped.

Also, and this may be complete bro science, but since the snow is line steam, my thought is that it's adding moisture to your lungs which may lead to an environment which fungus thrives in. And then the glycerin too.

But i don't know I'm not a doctor.

Wow so many mistakes, am on phone.
Snow=smoke**