QTDDTOT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread thread.

I get a fair bit of pain in my left wrist when doing pushups, is there anything i can do to help myself without changing from the standard pushup technique? I can do them on my knuckles fine but i want to be able to do it normally.

Other urls found in this thread:

orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00409
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If your muscles grow to adapt to new stress,doesn't it make sense to change exercises often??I feel I won't keep growing if I do the same exercises forever and simply adding weight to them.

BUMP

Pushups on your knuckles actually help your wrists though and give you higher rom. Keep doing them until your wrists stop being pussies
Also I want to cut out all leg workouts to save time on my workout, and I can't squat now and don't want to deadlift due to hip pain.
If I do light leg extensions, leg curls, barbell hip thrusts and calf raises on "rest day" that would be enough to keep my legs somewhat conditioned while I heal no, but not enough to where I couldn't do it every second day no?

What is a good sport to do next to lifting? Just lifting is kinda boring tbqh.
Already tried climbing, but it's not for me. Any suggestions?

>gotta confuse the muscles

>I can't do leg exercises due to hip pain
>so I'll do these lifts that hit the hip joint to keep from healing up
>this is a good plan

How can I fix my posture? I'm always hunched over, and it's tough to stand up perfectly straight. I'm sure a chair with back support would help, but do y'all have any exercises that could be useful?

How do I make my sperm more liquid? When I come I am literally shooting bricks.

killing yourself

should you still take protein on off days?
I mean like have a protein shake, and if you should, does it matter what time of day?
normal protein, not casein or anything like that

lifting + martial arts for ultimate confident mode

of course lol

i figured, I just dont know when to take it
I usually just have a shake near when i usually work out and then before i go to sleep, sound about right?
plz no bully just got enough money to start being able to take protein and all that

How do I into /runningmode/? Running feels shit and if I go any harder, I'm done after 400 meters. Naturally I run on weekly basis, but I really wanna achieve the mode where your running feels light, effortless and rather pleasant.

How many times a week I should run? How should I combine running stairs/uphill running and HIIT? What's most helpful and is there something else to do to help the matter?

What kind of routine would you recommend to get as close as possible to the body in this pic? Natty only of course.

Obviously very low bodyfat, so a very strict diet and probably plenty of HIIT.

What kind of lifting routine though? Would mixing in some distance running (3-5 miles) a few times a week be a bad idea?

It doesn't matter when you take it
You could eat nothing all day and eat all your food in one setting

use classical conditioning. every time you look at your phone, remember to stand up straight. it sounds stupid but it works. another thing that helped me out was to look at all of the pictures i was slouching in to make me feel like shit. also, treat your nipples like headlights, point them forward and out. you look so much better with good posture, lucky for you it's an easy fix if you get it down to a habit. good luck user

Cardio does not get you this body. Do cardio to be healthy, sure, but it has nothing to do with achieving your desired body.

Chances are you'll never look like this because your insertions are too different, or by the time you do look like that you'll desire to be bigger and think you look small and weak.

Anyway, run Greg nuckols 3 day novice bench program from his 28 free programs on strength theory.com
Do lots of lateral raises, maybe even with weight plates instead of Dumbbells and lift the weight plates above head like Lu raises.
Only do chin-ups for biceps, don't curl at all.

The only thing that stands out about that physique is chest and deltoids, everything else is small. Don't bother training core too much, it needs to be narrow.

Tomorrow evening I go bouldern with a few friends, but its also my power upper body day. Gym in the morning and climbing in the evening? Or would that be too much?

how long do muscles build?
I was in the gym 3 days ago, do they still grow after days or is the process done in 1-2 days?

hope you know what I mean

>Chances are you'll never look like this because your insertions are too different

I realize I'll probably never really get that close to that actual look but I just wanted to know what lifts will get me the closest.

Thanks for the response. Any suggestions for an ab workout to get that look?

omg such le edgy lelelelel xddddd

what martial art would you suggest?

MMA or Muay Thai

thanks bruv

My gym membership ended in march but I saw that they just charged me for this month. Haven't been there for the last month, what's the chance that I'll be able to easily get my money back?

I've always been fat and somewhat flabby. I have a humble goal of looking like pic related. I'd be very pleased with this. Do I even have to lift to achieve pic related? Will cardio suffice? At most some pull ups? (Gradually building up to them ofc)

check the contract you signed, it differs per place. In any case, it's best to talk to them and just ask them directly.

Should I arch my back during bench press?

>skinny everywhere but have gut
I'm like 150lb, 18yo
Should I cut first or just bulk? Can I bulk but still tone myself/my stomach?

resistance band around shoulders/ arms to pull shoulders back.

I'm a 5'10 male thats been on a diet since november. I weighed over 300 pounds and now I'm around 250. I've been eating arpund 1000-1400 calories a day, pure water, chicken beef and fish and vegetables. However, people recommend that I eat 2700 calories a day. I'm not starving myself, but am I doing it wrong? Should I still increase my calories?

Forgot to mention I'm 6'

Im doing the reg parks beginner routine but i cant do a single proper fucking pull-up or chin up.

How the fuck do I get better at something i cant even do once for fucks sake.

Veeky Forums, I'm on my first serious bulk and I can't find good foods I can eat that are high cal. I'm 6'6 200lbs and I'm aiming for 4500 cal a day with 200g protein. So far my diet is oats, chicken breast, rice, protein powder and milk. What else can I put in to gain mass?

I wanna be able to sit on a chair then put my hands on the chair and lift myself up to a vertical position

how to get there? at the moment i can't do shit but i did gym a while ago and i skate every day

Well, it depends what you plan to.
If you want to simply get strong, for example, on bench, then what could be better than doing bench?
But if you want to be more like bodybuilder, then chaning exercises from time to time (for example, change them after month), it's good for you.

Try some forearm exercises (farmers walk?). Won't guranatee they will help you, but while working on getting your forearms stronger, your joints should get stronger too (just like knees getting better by doing squats). Ofc you can't use too big weight for your joints.

I would suggest to heal your hip first.

It depdends what you like. I personally like sometimes to swim or run, but my new cardio fun is rollerblading. Harder than I thought, but I really enjoy fast rides.
Just like user said Martial arts are nice too, if you are intersted in some kind of fighter mode. From what I saw, boxing is kinda nice. Legs play big role and you need to use some tactics too, so it's not like using only fists after all (just like most people think).

Drink more water.

Take it, if it's needed to fill your macros and you have no time for meat and shit. I would suggest taking it late. Taking it on morning might make your stomach confused (it's not really food, but not really drink, you might get diarrhea that way). It's good to eat mostly proteins and fat at morning and at evening, so your body gets into that kinda "ketosis" mode.

It should be okay, as long, as you eat enough.

lol Chicken Bryan from Carrabbas with garlic mash. Enjoy your 1400+ calorie meal pleb, that lemon butter sauce and grill baste is loaded

Bump

why would you need to lift if you don't want to gain any muscle mass? you just need to lose weight with or without exercises

No, no exercise. Just eat at a caloric defecit.

Eat less, swim a lot and it should be ok.

It's ok to arch, but your ass should be on bench, as well as your upper part of back. But don't overdo. Look at some pros benching on youtube and you should get it.

Start lifting, do cardio and bulk, but just a little. Like, let's say, 200 kcal. Watch your weight. It would be best, if it wouldn't change much, but your body should change. Check your results after about month or two. Then decide again.

Most important part is to lower your kcal slowly. I hope that you didn't lowered your kcal from like 4k to that 1-1,5 k in one day. 100 kcal a week is really ok. Then you should go probably for about 1700-2000 kcal, I guess. Are you lifting?

Get a rubber and do assisted form of that exercise. You can also try to do machine pulldowns.

Good types of pasta, few bananas, sweet potatoes.

Dips maybe?

P E A N U T B U T T E R
E
A
N
U
T

B
U
T
T
E
R

A moderate arch (should be able to get your arm behind your back) is fine if you're training for general strength/mass.

pasta instead of rice, (minced) meat instead of chicken, peanut butter, mass gainer, cheese, avocados

I wouldn't recommend mass gainer for beginner. Too many of those products has like a shit-ton of sugar and other cheap carbs. It might be hard for beginner to choose good one.
Also - food is always better if you can afford it and have time to eat it.

What are the best exercises for every specific muscle? Is there a list? I looked at exrx but they only list all of them without any specific tier.

For example:
Lats: Chinups/pullups
Traps: Shrugs
Deltoids: OHP
Glutes: Squat

What are your favorites?

Sweet thanks Fate. You're breddy cool. Might do some chin ups alongside swimming too

true, but it's a cheap and easy source of calories, that's why I listed it.

Well, it's hard to answer your question. It's like asking - who is strongest? Strongman, weightlifter or powerlifter? Each one of them is really strong in their own discipline.
Some exercises a better to get strong, some a better to build muscle and some a better for conditioning or endurance.

Personally, I really enjoy OHP (even though I'm not good at them, sadly) and deadlifts. They make me feel simply strong, when I hold that weight.

Thanks. Chin ups are good for you, so they won't hurt.

That's true of course, I won't even try to deny it, but I guess you get my point.

Thanks bro

How many times is it safe to lift a week? I keep getting a bit antsy and want to lift on my off days, anything i can do to counter this?

Not him but, this doesn't really make sense to me. Aren't exercises in themselves goal-agnostic? You can use them to move yourself in the direction you'd like by picking out sets/reps/load.

I assume you are beginner, so I would say 3-4 times a week is really ok, but it still depends on your program.
Start doing cardio on days off (like swimmin, running) or find a hobby/work.

I know what you mean and you are kinda right. I mean, it's not like specific exercises will give you only strenght or mass or something like this, but imagine doing deadlifts for mass or donkey kicks for strenght. It wouldn't work so well.

Why do i store fat so easily?

For a given calorie and protein intake, what is the difference between different ratios of fat/carbs?

Good eyes m8, hella delicious

Probably you are eating wrong things/in too big servings/too much or just have slow metabolism. Try eat better, in smaller servings and more often. Start cardio to bring that metabolism up. Lift.

The bigger kcal you need to eat, the less % of that kcal is needed to be fat.

1 g of fat is about 9 kcal.
Let's say you have to eat 1800 kcal and your body needs 60 g of fats. Those 60 g of fats is about 540 kcal. 540 kcal is about 30% of those kcals. Your fats ratio is 30%.
Now you start bulking and need, let's say, 2700 kcal. You still need those 60 g of fats, that are 540 kcal. But now 540 kcal is only 20% of those 2700 kcals. So your fats ratio is 20%.

Same goes for carbs. Mostly those ratio is varying, because with making bigger calorie surplus you need more carbs and still same amount of fats.

When I piss my stream kinda just dies towards the end and I have to force the last bit out or it'll all come out when I tuck my dick back in

Is there a way to make my stream last until the end?

Can anyone tell me what a labral tear feels like?

>your body needs 60 g of fats
So you're saying there's a certain baseline of calories from fats I need, and to make up the rest with carbs (protein already having been counted)?

Would sumo deadlifts cause knee pain? And how to stop knee pain when squatting?

Yup, there is and it depends on your weight and height (maybe how old you are too, not sure).

Train kegel muscles. You will also have better control on when you want to cum and how far you can shoot.

Not sure if they can cause knee pain, but I guess every exercise can be done bad enough to cause some pain.

I've had knee pains too when I squated. Things that worked for my (or my friends):
- Eat jelly sometimes (maybe as cheat meal?) - sounds funny, but they are good source of gelatine
- Warm up really good - that's really important part. Do some walking/jogging/cycling, so that your knee get's warmer. Do warm up squats, don't get to heavy weight at start.
- Work on your technique - try lowering weight, record videos, ask someone to watch you. Don't get your knees inside. You can try low bar squats, they are easier to learn and it's harder to hurt knee while doing them.
- Use stabilizers for your knee on your work weight (I mean, on those real sets, no warm up sets. Squats are good to make your knee tougher, so it's not good to make them get used to stabilizers even on feather weight).

How do I make my dick thicker?

Could excessive squatting cause hip bursitus?
orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00409

After reading the link again it almost seems like a dumb question, it even mentions squatting. Goddamnit.

Veeky Forums I fell for the height frame face meme, what frame is generally regarded as most attractive?

Probably medium size I suppose

In which scenario will you gain more weight:

Eat 3000 calories, burn 300 doing cardio

Eat 2700 calories, no cardio

Same amount of protein in both cases.

Are inverse rows (this "vertical pullup" thing) good alternative to normal rows? Because I fucking hate rows.

Chad frame is best for sure.

You will gain more weight probably without cardio, but that will be more fat weight.

By doing that thing with cardio, you will gain less weight, but same muscle mass, if not a bit more, because each type of cardio works some muscle parts (like calfs in running, back in swimming, quads in cycling etc.).

You are just lifting a bodyweight that way, don't you? It will be less effective that way, than lifting actual weight.

Ask a girl to rub it.

I put a fuck ton of salt on my food and it feels like my body demands it. Everything I cook is from fresh food, not frozen dinners. Is this something I should be worried about? Is there a deficiency in my diet if i crave salt?

When you do cardio and burn calories, how do you know what you've lost in regards to protein/fat/carbs?

Soon-to-be-former fatty here.

I'm about three weeks into my cut which is 1600 calories per day. I stick to chicken breast, salad, fish, broccoli, peppers, fruit and occasionally nuts as a snack. So far I've been feeling great.

Yesterday morning when I woke up my stomach was feeling a little weird and all throughout the day I'd have to shit almost every two hours or so and then when I'd go I'd just squirt out little bits of liquid shit and then I'd be good. But this would happen every few hours.

It's still going on today. Any ideas? I haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary and I was having great shits up until now.

First thing - check your diet, write notes on what you eat, count the all the salt that you've consumed, learn how much sodium your body needs, check if it's ok.
Second thing - this may be just something similiar to being addicted.

You don't care if you lose fat that way, cause it's point of doing cardio (unless you are doing some marathons and shit).
I don't know how to count that protein thing, but just add a bit more. Not much, just a bit.
Cardio burns mostly carbs at start and then some fat.
You really shouldn't care much about "what was burned", you jest need to fill those lacking kcals with carbs and a bit of proteins.

Maybe you just poisoned yourself from some food, that wasn't really that fresh.
Maybe a bit too much fruit.
Maybe this was the day your body found out, that it lacks some things from your fatass life.
I hope you haven't changed your kcals from like 3-4 k to 1,6 k in one day. It's better to lower calories every week a bit more.
It's hard to find what was cause, because there are really big number of unknown data.

??

That part about poisoning etc. was meant to
Tasty, but really fat type of meat. It's okay to eat that from time to time in small servings.

Squats consistently make me naseous. Whenever I finish squatting my heart is beating out of my chest and I have to bend over in a chair trying to hold down vomit.

Will this stop if I continue doing cardio? I've tried timing meals differently and drinking more water and it doesn't seem to help.

How much sets/reps are you doing? How heavy are the squats? How much do you weight? Are you more fat or skinny?

What is a high test woman?

SS so 3x5. Did 160 lbs which still feels really fucking heavy for me. Currently 6'1'', 195 pounds. My guess is around 20% bodyfat. Did everything completely wrong for about 5 months which is why my squat is still shit.

I don't know if you are joking or if you are new, but by Veeky Forums standards high test woman has big ass, thighs and wide hips.

Vomit thing might be connected with eating - make sure that you don't eat just few minutes before squats.

If that weight is really heavy for you, try to rest a bit longer. General idea of resting is like:
- if set was really easy, 1,5 minute should be good
- if last rep was really hard and other were ok, then 3 minutes
- if whole set was fucking tough, then 5 minutes.

Also be sure, that you are eating enough of carbs and rest well. Your body might be simply tired.

You can also try to lower your weight from 160 lbs to about, let's say, 140-150 lbs and check if it's ok then. If it's all good with lower weight, then try to progress again. Sometimes it's better to take few steps back, so you can take a lot of steps forward.

Another thing, control your breathing during squats. And of course, do warm up sets.

Cardio alos might help you, but I wanted to be sure, that you will knew some other ways to fight this problem.

Anyway, squats are really hard exercise after all, so just like in deadlifts, at some point they will commonly make feel you like this, especially if you are training for strenght.

Hope I helped you a bit.

A fatty.

I'll give all that a try. Sleep has been a huge issue for me in the past so I guess I'm going to have to buckle down and get it sorted out.

Thanks.

You know those barbells that already have a set weight that go up in 10's?
Can I deadlift with a 50, then go up to 60,70,80,90,100 ?
There's only 1 deadlift area in my gym (really small gym) and most of the time, either someone's using it, someones waiting in line, or they dont take out the fuckin weights and I can't take it out. Usually someone has like 300 pounds on it and I can't even lift.
I was thinking about going to a corner and just Deadlift cus I only need 1 set.

Is close-grip bench press a real exercise? My gym buddy almost always does it and I'm skeptical since I never see anyone else in the gym do it.

Also, I suppose this belongs in a sexual health/ no fap thread, bu I'll put it here. My dick is pretty nasty looking from years of fapping without lube. Will no fap help it heal? Is there anything I can do to undo the damage?

Well, generally it's really better to progress with about 5 lbs instead of 10, but as long, as it won't will have impact on your form and you will be able to linear progress, it's ok. Still, as soon, as you can or as you will start having problems with form/progress, go back to regular barbell.

Yup, it is real exercise. It works your triceps and shoulders more, so if you want to try it, don't take too heavy weight.
Still, I don't know to help you with your dick problem.

Why can't you just google this?
Yes
It's a great accessory for bench that helps with lockout and places greater emphasis on triceps with a closer grip.

Nasty how? You can't really change anything but dryness

Generally not recommended because it doesn't have a proper plate size and will force you go lean/reach down further in order to pick up the weight (which is a bigger issue for noobs due to lack of flexibility). Also, it's a pretty fucking light weight to use for deadlifts. Maybe useful for SLDLs, but still light weight.
Also, better than nothing, as are DBs

Post form checks

Read the sticky

I used to have that. It's gone away. I stopped doing push-ups and started benching. At first I got a bit of pain in my wrist while benching but I narrowed my grip some to compensate and overtime it went away. Push-ups are no problem. Whether the heavy lifting with good form Helped or if I just had some undiagnosed tendinitis that went away naturally with time I couldn't tell you. If it did help any i would attribute the decrease in pain to stronger forearms and better stability.

You have any videos or images that personally motivate you that you want to share?

I thought you were supposed to progress by 10's for DL

Learn to use the catalog

Oh there was a thread already

thanks mate

how much do I have to lift to hold someone 150 pounds like this

What's the worst that can happen from using hook grip? My grip is starting to give out at around lmao4plaet, and I've seen too many videos of bicep tears using mixed grip, so I decided to use it. I heard a loud popping noise and now my right thumb knuckles hurt.

Yeah hook grip is good if you don't care about your thumbs. Who needs them anyway?

Bicep tears happen when you curl the weight during the deadlift, hence why it's nearly always the arm with the palm out.

Is Planet Fitness good if you're a poorfat? Also, is there any jewery involved outside of the $5 down, $10 a month?

>Poorfat
I meant poorfag. But I am fat on top of being poor.

just use wraps and chalk