How bad is weed for gainz?

How bad is weed for gainz?

lets have a srs thread

I've been smoking nonstop daily for the past 30 days today is the first day I didn't smoke.

A few years ago I smoked everyday for 7 months straight and realized it made me a piece of shit 420 meme so I quit and for a couple of years focused on business etc. Month ago a friend gave me a joint and I smoked literally after years and the high was on tibet enlightenment mode. Fast forward me chasing that same high everyday for 30 days and the last joint yesterday I just sat there with no buzz. Burnt out my cannabanoid receptors I suppose. I'd smoke one joint at the end of the day, the day would include work social gatherings and hardcore gym *tips* and gainz were only affected the first week of constant marijoana. Felt lethargic and overall weak.

What's your experience been like? In for answers

The physical negative effects areyour estrogen levels go up a little, your lungs get worse & you may get tired quickly. Also the brain cell thing. I believe that 100%, quit smoking against my will & my memory & thinking has vastly improved over my 11 weeks.

I'd say keep the smoking down to 2-3 a week if you're gonna be lifting and stuff. I think it makes you lethargic but its all up to you.

I can't lift for 4-5 hours after I smoke. Way too weak and slow

Everything else

>How bad is weed for gainz?
>2016:
>Inhaling the combustion byproducts of any substance for any reason whatsoever
>Pretending to be 'fit' (you're not)
>Pretending you're going to Make It (you won't)
That answer your question?

Also adding on, buy a vaporizer if you want to be "fit" and smoke. They're really amazing the head high is ridiculous and you are not groggy

Ive smoked for roughly the last 3/4 years, and the last 4/10 months. I'm about 26 days since the last time I smoked, I do not plan on going back. It is bad for your fitness AND life gains, the supposed "benefits" (temporary) are not worth it.

stay strong brah

Its like eating fruit coveted in syrup and salt vs eating fruit alone.

You feel better vaping, eating fruit alone

Also true. Would still like to smoke on occasion though. Only daily if I had passive income

Vape

its not bad for gains, but clearly you are having issues controlling your usage.

get a vaporizer and stop getting high everyday.

the bad thing about weed is being stoned all the time, there's not some mystery effect happening

it jacks the living fuck out of your serotonin, which then downregulates, that's why quitting sucks for a couple weeks

not a big deal, just learn how to quit and deal with the shitty days, then don't use as heavily. it's pretty good for relaxation when used in extreme moderation famalam

>it jacks the living fuck out of your serotonin, which then downregulates, that's why quitting sucks for a couple weeks

Pls elaborate

I wholeheartedly believe it varies person to person. I used to smoke multiple times a day, every day, and that shit motivated the fuck out of me to workout, eat healthy, clean my room, do hw, etc etc.
On the other hand, my roommate smokes to the same degree, picked himself a 6/10 girlfriend who will do any drug with little to no thought, and has since fallen deeper and deeper into a continuously degenerate path that I fear will land him in an uncomfortable life. He used to lift and eat a lot. Now he would rather smoke in his room than go eat.

Also, I have a question of my own: I took a break from smoking for a potential piss test, and I literally have lost endurance and the ability to go full ape-mode in the gym. Its almost to the point where I feel sick working out 1/3 of the time. Nothing has changed except for me not smoking. Have I created some sort of association with smoking and working out? I use to ALWAYS smoke before working out. Did I just fuck myself up?

I think changing the pain tolerance threshold can make cannabis a performance enhancer in some people, allowing them to train with more intensity.

I have difficulty lifting high, but my yoga and grappling practices improve when high.

I've also heard some ultra marathoners love cannabis for similar reasons.

I hope for your sake you weren't smoking and then going lifting because that's borderline retarded.

Mind over body. You associated your gainz to weed so its natural your mind will rule out your body's struggle to change and rather associate it with the drug

Depends on the type of person you are. When I smoke I get lazy and couch locked. Also, when you smoke you don't get REM sleep which is what's essential for basically your body repairing itself, your ability to memorize things and you getting well rested. So ususally I wake up drowsy and I stay drowsy for the rest of the day.
> I usually smoke a joint like once a week before my rest day.

This. I can't smoke and do cardio as it affects my lunges too much. But I had a vape pen with a herb attachment and it made cardio such a better experience, I could run and run and run without getting bored or having major coughing fits from smoking. But if you don't do cardio I don't think it matters too much whether you smoke or vape.

Also OP if you're chasing that high you're never gonna get it if you smoke consider try it is much cheaper and more relaxing if you just smoke very infrequently. I smoke maybe once a month and I get so fucking stoned it's unreal

Consistently not consider*

I didn't always smoke before working out. When I first started smoking, I just wanted to be outside, play catch or ride a bike or something. Soon I just got to the point of smoking everyday, so there was a good chance I would smoke before I worked out.

Is it really that bad to smoke before working out? I never experienced any backlashes

Recognize you are addicted and therefore weak as fuck

When I smoke I want to lay flat on the couch and eithet shitpost or watch netflix. I don't understand how somebody feeling so relaxed would want to go to the gym sweat like a pig and have their heart in their throat from lifting heavy ass weight. Unless of course you smoke up go to the gym and take sips during sets and shitpost from incline position

Sativa strains are energizing.

nah bro, for some reason I go super saiyan when I smoke. It isn't just some body-high thing either, its purely mental. It's kinda like I get self-conscious, but the perfect kind of self-consciousness; all my thoughts focus on how to better myself, how to get to the "next level"

>Pls elaborate

if you smoke a little, it releases serotonin, if you 420 blaze it faggot it actually lowers it

it downregulates your cannabinoid receptors with habitual use, which means it makes them less sensitive to the ones you naturally produce called "endocannabinoids"

How many days do I need to restart unholy highs? Also people like snoop dog that smoke literally a dozen blunts a day what exactly are they getting out of it

>be on your balcony high as fuck and see this thread, ayyyyy

I smoke probably 5 nights a week. Doesn't seem to be meeting with my progress.

>How many days do I need to restart unholy highs?

the fuck am i supposed to know?

>Also people like snoop dog that smoke literally a dozen blunts a day what exactly are they getting out of it

the ability to sit very patiently in one spot and not do too much

it's a habit that doesn't create huge health issues, it just kinda makes you very complacent. you can live a fine life if you don't need to change dramatically. desu bodybuilding isn't about dramatic change at all, but the kind of plodding progress you'd get if you had the exact same habits every day

they use to let slaves on sugar plantations smoke it because it's a good work drug… work all day without giving a fuck or really paying attention. that's why it works for music too

*Messing

Too fucked to write all the details I know about the research, but long story short: on a physiological level there aren't any proven substantial pitfalls. Behavioral impacts are all that really matter... If it causes you to get hella munchies it may Fuck with your diet. Without proper planning you might miss lifting sessions. That's about it.

smoking weed too much and too often will fuck you up, just like doing anything too much and too often will fuck you up - you can drink so much water you die, you can browse this board to the point where you think arnold is DYEL, you can run so much your joints get fucked, you can eat so much food even if it's healthy that it could literally rip your stomach open like a stuffed animal - moderation isnt a joke nigga

>balconybro

Mirin gainz.

>Behavioral impacts are all that really matter.

yeah, i'm the serotonin guy and I can confirm this. I went from zero at 35% bf to 1/2/3/4 and

thx bb. Sitting up here watching Deadpool, def a good one to watch stoned.

>deadpool
>not LOTR stoned