/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

OLYMPICS Weightlifting General
A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>do not respond to attenwhoring trips edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
chinfl.blogspot co.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
dropbox.com/sh/mjgz5nmcikhhvnu/28iq3URWUW

>helpful blog on some technique quirks:
yashathoughts.com

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

>Commisar's notes on the dank, zesty Meme Method (DZMM)
pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM

old thread is ded and useless

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0BzYwS_oe2_hyV215UUdtMFF6N28/view?usp=sharing
chinfl.blogspot.sk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
catalystathletics.com/articles/images/beforeyousquat.jpg
instagram.com/p/BFKDqHfrsyX/?hl=en
youtu.be/Z_wqS-tRYIk?t=5m37s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

norik dont give no fucks lol

does torokhtiy finish his pull there?
it almost looks like he deliberately cuts it short

How dare u

How much do you drink

Will u become the next geordil

Why don't powerlifters work on full range of motion flexability, cardio, or connective tissue strength?

They do tend to work on the latter.

They often ignore much of the first one because its often not really that relevant to their sport.

because that takes effort, they powerlift because it requires very little investment outside of going to the gym

I just find it humorous that some people
Will completely throw away their health for the sake of putting up higher numbers without being in the elite tops.

Shit even then I don't see powerlifters doing things like wrist pushups to strengthen their wrist, instead they just throw on wrist wraps.

Have you considered the possibility that wrist pushups are not a particularly good form of strength training when the goal is to improve stability under a load far in excess of that involved in a wrist pushup?

Wow, twinks general I see.

>but the chinese lifters are doing X, why aren't powerlifters doing it too?
>hahaha aren't powerlifters dumb good think we're smart.

Hey guys don't mine me, just going to do a million variations on deadlifts just to add 10 pounds to my ego, and my Siatica.

Yeah but if you get the wrist push up strength along with wrist wraps, you get a bullet proof wrist man.

Meanwhile clarence Kennedy's numbers blow lanye norton out of the water, when Clarnece doesint even powerlift.

acceptance is the first step

drive.google.com/file/d/0BzYwS_oe2_hyV215UUdtMFF6N28/view?usp=sharing

Why don't powerlifters stretch
Then they complain about flexibility related injuries and stuff caused by poor mobility
/plg/ more like double digit iq general

There's something about lifting heavy weight like that that is beautiful
Is that just me?
No homo

This

Wow what a fight i began in the last thread by telling someone that he might pull the bar too high. I didn't mean to cut it short, what i meant was that after full extension when the bar is at navel height, you start to pull yourself under and not still pulling it up with your arms that i see some people doing. The bar is already going up after navel and there's plenty of time getting under.

But yeah, i was probably wrong. But instead of an conversation you guys start to fight like little kids. Where's your education! I know that this is Veeky Forums but you don't have to lose all your shit

Btw in klokovs pull vid he says that chinese have WEAK legs, and that's why they come bouncing down (catch the bar high), and russians have STRONG legs, so they don't need that lel

Lets all be friends desu

i mostly do /plg/ stuff
what exercises should i do to build that connective tissue strength

Don't be an asshole caladan
You're starting to be no better than the others

Bodybuilding

just on the verge of leaving, cbf putting in effort to help anymore and getting sloppy

>chinese have WEAK legs
Much love to good ol' Klokov but I'm having a hard time believing that.

Given that you have the flexibility to pull it off, what's the advantage of squat jerking? There's got to be some reason it works so well for Lu.

Same principle as squat snatching over split snatching - you can get lower faster, so you don't need as much momentum/height on the bar to complete the lift.

Didn't pas say that they usually squat 2x a week

arguably there's also far lower max depth wereas you bottom out in the split

that said, split seems more consistent to me

isley is a straight guy, but every once in a while he would get curious. as isley became more interested in bodybuilding he found the male body to be very appealing, especially his own. on an online forum, he read about prostate stimulation, and with the money he has, he bought the prettiest studded vibrator he thought he could handle, since isley is a perfectionist overachiever he bought a pretty large one. when he came home isley tried sticking a small vibrating up his butt.

However the vibrator was too large for his little butthole. Disappointed but not giving up, isley tried loosening up his butthole with his finger. Over the next few days, isley was very into his butthole training, he would progressively stretch it using all kinds of objects until he could fit the vibrator he bought.

When isley got the vibrator to go up, he was very excited and anxious. It was pressing firmly up against the walls of isley's insides, and poking his prostate. isley turned the vibrator on and instantly he started to grow an erection. isley stroked it gently, he could feel his penis vibrating from the inside, isley kept stroking it as his entire body became hot and drooled out the corner of his mouth.

isley was getting so light headed and his penis was throbbing, he kept going until he came
When isley ejaculated. it sprayed up 5'4" into the air and landed all over his body, he tensed his body for about 30 seconds afterwards cause it still felt good even after cumming

isley was getting too lightheaded now, isley almost fainted and fell over on the ground as the vibrator slid out of his butt. isley was lying down with a limp dick which still retained its erection length, a gaping butthole, his cum all over his body, and with a blushing face he thought to himself he couldn't wait until tomorrow to do it again.

Yes fag it is beautiful, I'm admiring all his hard work to be able to do that.

Why do you people call your thread owg and compare yourselves to olympic athletes?
It's laughable.
Meanwhile in reality, this is 90% of you thread.

This has nothing to do with it
Some Russians only squat 2x a week also
Clearly they do not have have weak legs

>compare yourselves to olympic athletes
Don't think that people here do this desu senpai. But there's nothing wrong to feel proud about your sport and enjoy it

>Meanwhile in reality, this is 90% of you thread.
You have to start somewhere lad. This isn't powerlifting where you hit that 180kg diddylift in three months with SS

I think it was a joke breh

I just replied to a pic where it said /owg/ (your thread fyi)
And then there were a bunch of pictures of high level olympic athletes, as if any one of you even come close to those people.

I don't think that the whole OWG was involved in making that pic

Those pics are made by angry kids because every now and then someone from PLG comes to OWG to troll or vice versa

Did typing a post that long count as cardio for you, fatty?

Nah its a common wrist mobility exercise, but most don't do it because you can front squat with a harness

Tbf not many of plg that weigh as much as ob would even squat as much as him. You even have a trip who weighs 20kilos more but can't squat as much let alone clean it.

Who?

>front squat harness

kek

If I want to do more bodybuilding could I do something like curls in between sets of snatches or is it better to do BB afterwards.

ALl right. Fuck it.

Once I finish my cut I'll go to the Olympic rec center in Queens and learn Olympic lifting with a proper coach.

Thanks for motivating me Veeky Forums

Why not do it now?

>Once I finish my cut
That's the stupides thing i've heard

calling it just weightlifting is way too general and it get's people confused, there for the olympic weightlifting title.

also as someone who switched from pl training to weightlifting i can tell you it's pretty much alot more demanding, but also feels 10 times more rewarding when you progress.

Just started oly and it's going good so far, got a couple of questions though:
>Can you choose a grip width based on landmarks on the body?
My snatch grip when standing places the bar about halfway between my pubis and navel and clean grip is super narrow ,placing the bar just on the top of muh dick.
>Does where the bar sits at the end of the second pull affect the power of the extension and how fast you can get under the bar?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If I'm a beginner doing SS for some base strength before I start weightlifting. (Squatting highbar etc.)

Is it worth doing clean deadlifts over regular?

Is okay to do clean deadlifts after squats, pressing and chinups?

>Plates left on platform while lifting
Disgusting. what kind of gym are these dolts running?

you can do weightlifting programs that give you GPP. you dont need to do SS

Start asap. You'll be spending months with light weights doing tech work anyways.

i was wondering about this too since i found nice gym in my area where they have rubber plates
can i just do this
chinfl.blogspot.sk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
or are there some better programs perhaps?

I think he was just taking a friendly jab at the chinese guys.
He actually says the russian have strong legs, but also do the bounce though.
Just banter I guess.

>Can you choose a grip width based on landmarks on the body?

Yes. Everyone has different grip widths for each lift, and not just the snatch.

>Does where the bar sits at the end of the second pull affect the power of the extension and how fast you can get under the bar?

Yes, to some extent. But that's not the most important considerations when it comes to grip width.

He should get a /owg/ coach.

Just do regular cleans instead of power cleans, and add in regular snatches as well.
And add technique work.
Keep in mind the focus of SS is to build strength, though. WL isn't just about strength.

Right knee is hurting a bit. Pretty sure it's my vmo muscle cuz it feels good when i do the teardrop/vmo flex in pic related

What do i do? I've never had any knee problems until now

What muscle?
U don't have any

That's just a pic i found, someone pls help

Have you tried asking a professional instead of a bunch of kids on Veeky Forums?

Ill ask my coach when he comes back on vacation in a few weeks, but until then im out of luck

just banter lad

after
I think he's pretty serious about it

Something about leg strength relative to back strength probably

Or maybe that the chinese are all twink mode

nah just liu B^)

>Something about leg strength relative to back strength probably

no he mentioned the double bounce right after he said china has weak legs, you'll see most chinese lifters when they get pinned they double bounce out of the hole whereas most russian lifters just explode out of it then grind halfway thru

dont mean he's correct

Chinese think they're weaker than ruskies and iranians lol

chinese tend to be good at squatting because lots have good proportions for squats

r8 tek

it's pretty sloppy

Strong, but that 3/10 face...

Thanks guys. Clean 1x week with weight is okay right?

I have been doing light tech for a couple months, about 3x week (opposite days).

Just wanted to start developing some good squat strength.

t-thanks

just bloated i swear

I am planning to purge owgs trip fags

You are the bourgeois ruining it for the humble user

Fucking fat cats

is this why they aim for ~70% sn:squat ratio whereas russians have closer to 60%

that's cause the white race is the strongest

what's the next step in your master plan

What is the problem if my mobility is pretty good for bodyweight squats and even front squats, but the second I do a backsquat of any weight, it doesn't look so good?

I've tried many stability drills and I also work on mobility religiously. I am I missing some crucial mobility somewhere in my hips?

I have a medium/wide stance for WL I guess because it helps with my long legs and manlet body.

It's nowhere near as upright as I see online from different lifters.

>One thing I do notice is, my knees do not track forward on a backsquat so I sit on my calves at the bottom as much as other types of squat, even though I am breaking at knees etc?

Please send help

I can't do this
catalystathletics.com/articles/images/beforeyousquat.jpg

>tfw you tell people you compete in weightlifting

>"LOL DO U EVEN LIFT BROOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

>tfw you tell people you compete in olympic weightlifting and they think you're pretentious

you're gonna have to post a form check, but ankle mobility and the right idea (legs need to make room for your torso, not sit underneath it) go a long way

Kek

Thats pretty good form

instagram.com/p/BFKDqHfrsyX/?hl=en
xD

10 (TEN) lifters out of 16 bombed out in damron's session, according to his IG

jesus fuck

he's calling u a twink no matter how good your form is retard

Why are Americans such cringeworthy fuckers

We're there so many bomb outs cos it was trials? I guess if you're competing vs everyone for a sport rather than just your own catagory people are gonna over reach

ugh

barbell rows after deadlifts or barbell rows after power cleans?

I'm tempted to say it's because Americans accept too many misses in their training, but that's only a guess. According to a guy I knew who trained in LV, Broz lets his lifters miss as long as their form was perfect.

This is also just a guess, but I see most other countries use lots of weakness correction in their training protocols, e.g. jerk recoveries.

Honestly though I'm not qualified to offer anything more than conjecture

I want to start this SS based routine but I feel like it is a little lacking in the tricep area and I don't want to look retarded, so am I wrong in this assumption or should I switch out some exercise for another to target triceps specifically?

barbell rows after deadlifts or barbell rows after power cleans?
!!!!!!!!!!!

literally nothing liek SS lol

>Broz lets his lifters miss as long as their form was perfect.

idk m8, that's just what I was told. It would explain why pat bombed out of ever meet

I think it's more people going after weights for national team spots, opening big

You're not getting replies cos it's not weightlifting related you'd be better off asking in routine general or making new thread lads

yeah also a good explanation, mine sounds more sanctimonious though :^)

still, a ridiculous number of people bombing out. Maybe nerves

my point was more that if your form was perfect you wouldnt have missed it, it makes no sense

he phrased it more like if you failed because of a physical or mental issue (e.g. not pulling under fast enough or bar high enough) then you can go again. Rather than you failed because of bar swing, for example

How do I achieve this bottom position?

I have long femurs and tried this wider stance and it feels great, I am very vertical now.

I just feel some tightness(?) keeping knees out.
I feel it in my adductors towards the top but I'm not sure what it could be.

Drills/Stretches to fix this?

Stance related

youtu.be/Z_wqS-tRYIk?t=5m37s