/britbong/ general

Can we have an English fit related thread?
>Sainsburies have the cheapest canned kidney beans at 29p/can
>Tescos have sardines for 40p, 500g quark £1.60, 500g yogurt 45p
>Aldi have canned salmon 99p, Lidl have mackerel for 40p
>Aldi have 1kg frozen broccoli/cauliflower/carrots for 99p and 1kg broccoli 89p, as well as more cheap yogurt
>Stay away from Holland and Barrett (apart from the teas)
>All the gyms suck, save up for your own

Just gotta find a proper gym.

>mfw found an asian butchers that sells chicken breast 3.99/kg and thigh fillet at 2.99/kg

halal? more like halol gains son

Also if there are any manc fags who are looking for cheap nicely killed meat. Gabbots in the Arndale regularly have offers on cheap wholesale meat. Just saying chaps.

Asian in britbong land usually means Chinese, not Muslims.

Also any Birmingham? Could do with a gym buddy to help me get started.

there are very few of those around. most of them are LOADS of cardio with a tiny crammed weights section in one corner

do brit girls hit on guys ? i swear to got i have yet to see a girl giving the look to a guy at all

That's fucking sweet man. I might look into that.

>>All the gyms suck, save up for your own
Just look around for gyms I found a good gym in Dundee with 5 squat racks and 5 oly/dl platforms with Eleiko bars and the whole shit bit expensive at 23 quid a month but well worth it.

it means both don't be stupid

No it doesn't. Asian in British English is primarily South Asians from what was British India. So Pakistanis, Indians, Bangladeshis, Sri Lankans..

It's in American English that Asian refers to East Asians primarily so Chinese.

Also yeah Paki butchers are GOAT. Really good meat and better prices than anywhere else. Though any independent butchers is good really.

Most if not all girls don't want to chat up at the gym even moreso if they actually do proper liftan which is rare.

Just go solo man, after 6 months of SS most regulars at the gym are your gym buddies (if you went to a good gym not a cardio and smith machine ones)

Yeah we seem to have lost all our hardcore old skool gyms and just have overpriced commercial cardio machine health club crap everywhere.

I managed to find my local powerlifting gym was near where why I live by googling powerlifting and the name of my town. It's a non-commercial old skool warehouse gym with no machines and only free weights. Dudes in their 50s who've trained since the 70s with the same equipment. Shit's cash. And only £1 each use on top of £40 membership!

Lidl for general items.
Paki butchers for meat.
Indian grocers for stuff like almonds & coconut oil.
Farmer's markets.
Old fashioned independent butchers & fishmongers.

Are the best places I have found when shopping for gains.

not in the gym my friend, but just around campus and shit

fuck me american girls are more open and straightforward than brits, also what's with this habit of hot girls being in a relationship since god knows when ?

just an american exchange student, i was expecting some good time, but doesn't seem to work well so far

It's the same thing everywhere I think people are starting to get more serious or at least I hope so but the majority of people still think gym means cardio for girls and cardio with dumbbell curls and smith machine bench.

4 quid/kg is shite user.

>Asian in britbong land usually means Chinese, not Muslims.

Have you ever been to the UK?

well don't be a tease where do you get yours from?

Yeah most hot girls get taken pretty quick, I've never been to the US but most girls here are definitely not straightforward in normal circumstances.

You can find quite a few hotties in clubs that are more open thanks to bit of alcohol.

Farmers Market

Get a discount because I buy 5kg at a time along with me eggs

Pretty much this1 kg for 4 quid for breast is pretty good when looking at all supermarkets and even couple of butchers here.

>tfw campus Spar is 30 seconds from my flat
>buy a whole BBQ rotisserie chicken every day for £4.50
>1500 calories and 200g protein

it's too easy

>just an american exchange student

every american i've met at uni has been loud and annoying, people don't like em

Nice quads of truth.

Grats on infinite gains

its cultural, americans to the brits are a nation of autists, loud, overly direct and obnoxious

conversely the brits are so indirect and awkward it can be just as infuriating

This is what i've learned as a brit both abroad and at home

>tfw I fell for the Total Fitness meme

NEVER go to a gym where you have to sign a contract if you can avoid it. I've found a gym that's much closer to me that's a lot quieter and just has an honesty box at the front desk. TF don't even have 2.5kg weights, and it's full of idiots

sounds good, i'll keep an eye out i just assumed they would be more expensive

i think the loudest and most annoying ones are drunk brits for sure

a shame they're not straightforward, i've heard that welsh are pretty slutty, guess that's not really that true

at least yuro girls such as spanish live up to the hype

Theres a 24-7 fitness near me, any know if those are anygood

hey Veeky Forums to those who live in london, can you recommend me some gyms? I'm a refugee that recently arrive here. Any help would be great, thx

I would check it out first, if it has no place for you to do the main compounds then I wouldn't go for it and don't let a PT convince you that smith machine squats, bench or DLs are the same as free-weight ones.

Why do you do this man? It's a small thread with very few people chatting and being productive there are plenty of threads for you to shitpost so that you can get more (You)s.

Morrisons sell a whole broccolli for 37p
also, 3 whole chickens for £10, just cut each one up into quarters and freeze the pieces

Most yanks I know at uni are p sound, same with Aussies and Canadians. Chinks are the worst by far

>Chinks are the worst by far

they really are, they're all rich as fuck and have zero social skills or awareness for anyone that isn't asian

>asian flatmate moves in mid way through year
>throws all my food out of the fridge and puts it in the bin to put her pasta and tinned cans in the fridge

>Morrisons
The absolute GOAT apart from maybe Aldi. Pic related is £1/500g, is basically just protein and tastes delicoous. Their cottage cheese is nice too

>puts it in the bin to put her pasta and tinned cans in the fridge
What ? Like dry pasta or Asian fresh stuff?
Also what did you tell her?

Dry

and nothing, you never see her

two chinese girls live me with me and they're fine, however their friends holy shit

> chinese girl bring some friends of her
> one guy with them
> the guy starts burping and farting in the freaking kitchen
> extremely loud and shit

told her to tell this fucker to leave the flat and never see him again

Why do chinks travel thousands of miles to go to mediocre ex-poly unis in miserable British towns and cities?

I went to a uni that was about 50 or 60 in the rankings and there was still shit loads of chinks

mine's #9 and has a ton of asian students and internationals

supposed to increase relations and mix cultures but everyone is segregated like an american prison gang system

Arab international student here, it's because a degree from UK is considered a big thing in 3rd world countries doesn't matter if it's from number 1 in ranking or number 100 as long it's UK.
So when Chang, Ahmed or Addogou go back to their home countries they show their degree, get more cred and get a better job.

Terrorist scum
Seriously, any luck with girls breh ?

I'm at a total fitness and it's fairly decent for free weights

Chinese universities have a very, very well deserved reputation for being a complete crapshoot to hire from and issuing degrees that might not be worth the paper their printed on. So people who want to avoid that stigma (or just have the status of having studied internationally) go elsewhere. And since they're not getting the monetary support local students do they've got to go where they can afford - and usually that's not the top tier unis.

WE ARE SO IMPOVERISHED

It's true at a uni level you the chinks, pakis, daves, tyrones, etc end up segregated from each other like U.S. prison, but once you make it past that to a graduate scheme at any of the big firms I found the segregation breaks down. You end up being friends with anyone from a similar uni/class background to you even if they are chink, paki, whatever as your commonalities by that point outweigh your differences.

Also I think it's different among 3rd and 4th generation paki, black, and chink kids. My niece has a mixed group of friends who are just like regular young Brit kids to me as they're the grand children or great grandchildren of chinks who came here to study etc.

This stuff is GOAT. All the NUME stuff is pretty great. Check out their cottage cheese & greek yoghurt too.

>Work in a shit gym with dumbells that max out at 25kg and a fixed weight barbell section, heaviest is 25kg
>Been pressing the dumbells and OHPing the barbell for 5x10
>Finally went to a better gym with a power rack and managed a 2plate on my first deadlift session

So much fucking time lost ergh

And my local butchers has fucking amazing quality meat but it's like 1.5-2x more expensive than the equivalent amount of meat at tesco
I've been buying shit like liver there but I'm paranoid about how much of hat you can eat before you get vitamin A poisoning

It's just too busy for my liking. The one I go to now is just a no-nonsense place run out of a warehouse on an industrial estate. The TF in Crewe only has one squat rack from what I can remember

>tfw gym has DB's up to 60kg

>UK has shit gyms

literally everywhere I've lived has had a hardcore bodybuilding/powerlifting/strongman gym

including the beautiful retirement community of Ilkley

no it doesn't.

we refer to all far eastern people as either chinese or oriental lol

asians are specifically sandniggers/poo-in-loos

Yfw some people think that those are bad gyms

If you're really Britbong poverty tier then pick up some organ meat (kidneys, livers, beef hearts are GOAT just like steak) from an independent butchers. It's cheap as chips and packed with brotein, fats for Test production, and micronutrients. It has to be heavily seasoned and spiced though when cooked or it tastes like arse.

yup.

it's tradition here in the UK for the hot girls over the age of 20 to all be in a long term relationship with some ugly scrawny faggot

What's a dave?

Stereotypical working class white person. Like Tyrone is for ghetto blacks.

fuck breh, such a shame

just hit on them anyway, most of their boyfriends are just beta providers. if you're lucky they'll shag you anyway.

Fuck. I can confirm the same thing.

They still have affairs though lmao

Oh, so there's pajeets, tyrones, chads, staceys and now daves, what other ones are there?

Who got into graduate scheme here ? I'm screwed, have yet to make it

One of my locals has 100kg dumbells

I've only seen one guy ever use them and the mad cunt was pressing them, he didn't even look that big just had a wooly fleece on.

tempted to do so, but i don't want to screw with a guy over this, but yeah i need to fuck one before going to murrica for sure

chongs

fuck that brah, it's a dog eat dog world

as long as you aren't hitting on one of your friend's girls it's fair game

fuck em

so true m8

>Bang this polish girl with 6/10 face and 9/10 arse and tits a couple of times
>sassy as fuck
>couple of weeks later gets a complete idiot of a boyfriend who's overweight and has a shit beard
>bang her one more time
>month later she's pregnant

JUST

top kek my friend

will do so, graduation ball and shit is coming soon, would be a good opportunity for that

>cucking a subhuman fattie

I like you

i always think this is pretty funny, the biggest guys are usually the ones covered up. there was some chink benching 80kg and flexing in the mirror a few weeks back and then some guy in a hoodie came up and loaded up 3pl8 on the incline bench behind him and did it for reps with a bored expression on his face.

Luckily the times I go at its pretty deserted apart from all the OAPs on the cardio, though I've been at peak times a couple times and had some fat scrub hog all the 20 and 25s to leg press like 500kg.

We have 2 squat racks and a power and they've only been all occupied once in the 9 months I've been there.

3 months left and I'm moving to the nearest WL gym I can find, gonna miss the couple of qts that go to TF, though.

good lad, was she the town bicycle or are you going to get blamed for it?

Second this, shame most people get disgusted by it.
Only issue though is it's really fucking high calories so watchout if cutting.

She'd had a couple of bfs but if she was a slut she didn't admit it, think I might have been the first English guy she banged. Was pretty worried that the baby was gonna be mine but the timescale didn't fit thank fuck.

Fucked her on the dowlow because she was my ex's housemate so there was no suspicion on me lel

theres a spar right next to my accommodation too, where you at bro?

i dont have a lidl or Aldi close to me, just a morrisons, but they have some pretty decent deals

One of my favourite hobbies is going into morrisons and shit late at night and buying the stuff on the reduced to clear aisle

The deals are fucking unreal, I got a whole leg of lamb for £2 once

Anyone from southwest London?

So much this, I honestly love getting a beef/lamb roasting joint making the whole thing on the day and having it throughout the week.

SW19
W

>Three stuffed bags of fresh/frozen for 30£ from Tescos

jesus fuck brits are weird at stores. I hear them bitching about prices, then their baskets are full of pastries and other assorted junk. I'm usually alone at the fishmonger.

>Nippleshirts and caps at the gym

And these fuckers can't lift shit. Usually they do 5 different types of curls in front of the mirror.

>Gym membership for £20 a month

And the free weight sections is quite alright. All in all, it was a decent move to move over here for now.

TW10 by I school in SW19

>my niggaz

SW19 here, life is great lads

>tfw no polak store nearby to buy dirt cheap tvarog and questionable canned meats

>he didnt go to a grammar

I'd give my left bollock to have a cheapo polish shop nearby
Their sausages are fan fucking tastic

try boiled chicken hearts with nothing but salt and pepper, god tier. also fried chicken livers, just wash them and put in flour, fry on medium with sliced onion and thin sliced apple, that's Po recipe I learned from one good lad

but there's lot of polaks in there, in Ireland you have like 2 or 3 slavshops a town

>he doesnt run through the new forest
>he doesnt scatter familys of deer as he jogs down old dirt paths

Nah m8, you are probably boring or uglier than you think.

No it doesn't, Asians always meant pakis to us. American TV says Asians are gooks which confuse people.

Off to xercise 4 less lads legs day! Letsgooo

I'm in Birmingham too, whereabouts?
Currently Aston Uni and it's full of Asians

A badger ran out from under a hedge last time I was on my bike and I fucking shat my pants

Could hear something snorting from like 20m away and then it just erupted from the undergrowth

Where do you boys gym?

YMCA

cheap and cheerful

Who /Hampshire/ here?

How cheap? What's it like?