Normalising Rogaine

What does Veeky Forums think about the prospect of men just starting to use Rogaine (or similar products) in their 20s, regardless of whether or not they're going bald? just as an insurance policy against going bald.

I am assuming that Rogaine doesn't do much to regrow hair, but does prevent the onset of balding, which seems to be agreed upon by many people.

So to prevent balding, should men (at least those who care about balding) just bring Rogaine into their everyday routine once they get into their 20s?

You can get a brandname Rogaine for something like £10-£15/month. Even at double dosage, that's still only £20-£30/month. I haven't researched it, but there may be cheaper generic products as well. So cost really isn't a factor.

Hair covers my head, but it looks much thinner around the crown. I don't have a nice little hair parting at the crown of my head; rather, the hair around my crown tends to stick out in every which way, making the scalp very visible in the same way as you might see the scalp of someone who gels their hair up. Sometimes it makes me paranoid and I think I'd like to choose the safe option of rogaining. On top of that, I don't wash my hair with any products anyway, since I think they're bad for the natural oils the skin produces. So expenditure on anti-balding shit would be just making up for my lack of expenditure on any other cosmetic products.

Anyone feel similar?
Anyone using hair growth products to prevent balding?

Men used to wear big gay wigs until the last couple of hundred years. So it's not like worry about balding is new.

Other urls found in this thread:

hairloss-reversible.com/approach-part-ii/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also, all of this makes me wish there were just some pill form of the anti-balding shit.
I'd be much more likely to swallow a pill every day than spray shit in my hair.
Probably there is some kind of pill, thinking about it, but I've never heard of one, so they probably aren't as effective.

That's as retarded as starting wearing progressive glasses when you're 30 just because your vision will inexoraby get weaker with time.

tl;dr: you're a fucking retard

B

>shilling this obvious

Sajeeded, repponted

Except it isn't. Wearing glasses when you don't need them ruins your eyesight, but if a hair follicle dies the only option left is hair transplants. Not letting them die in the first place is a good option.

>being tied to a drug for your whole life
Fucking degenerate.

>implying people don't take many drugs daily anyway

I take zero drugs daily, and almost zero drugs yearly (exception being made to alcohol sometimes).

>drinks alcohol
>calls others degenerates

So you don't drink coffee or (non-herbal) tea? Either way if that's true, you're not in the majority

>drinking red wine sometimes with moderaton
>degenerate
>not basking in those anti-ox
Pls begone and stuff your mouth daily with your pills and shit.

It isn't really much of an inconvenience though, is it?
It takes about as much time as washing with shampoo, I'd imagine.
Cut that 30 seconds to 1 minute of shampoo time out, and replace it with 30 seconds of anti-balding time?

... cont:

Actually, now that I think about it that way:
Shouldn't men really be spending their money on anti-balding products rather than shampoos? You don't even fucking need shampoo.

Just offering advice to those losing their hair.

My hairline started to seriously recede a few years ago at 21 but i've figured out a way to grow it back naturally.

Stop washing your hair with shampoo. Used the hot/cold water cleaning method.

Cut out really salty food and food with refined sugar.

2 X20 min head massages a day.

I shit you not my hair has grown back.

i think you are retarded beyond a doubt. Stop being so insecure

>not working muscles on the top of your head out
>making it
Enjoy your weak hair and baldness
hairloss-reversible.com/approach-part-ii/

I stated losing my hair in my early 20s but i didn't know you could go bald early. I thought it was an old man thing like you got old lost your teeth and hair. It wasn't until my late 20s that i realised and did something about it. I take fin every day and i look at it like the pills cost $250 a year you ask any bald man if he would pay $250 a year to have his hair back and all of them would say yes.

there is you cretin

Did you have any regrowth? Or did you stop balding?

I caught it pretty early i had some thinning on my temples and at the crown but ive been taking the drugs for probably six years now and i have completely stopped losing hair. It looks exactly the same today as it did six years ago. And no side effects.

I see.
You don't think much of minoxidil?

Fuck that trying to get your hair back shit
Your body is doing something, don't fight it, its your natural course

EMBRACE it. George Costanza it.

>todays task
>kill self
Toplel

But I want hair like this guy.

It's potentially a small price to pay. Splash some minoxidil on your head twice a day, at a cost of, what, less than £1/$1 a day?

Whoops, hair like this guy*

Taking 40 minutes to massage your head every day is fucking crazy.

If you go bald, just accept it. Stuffing medicine down your throat is almost never a solution

I just don't see how it isn't like using shampoo.

Almost everyone spends 30 seconds each day shampooing their hair. Switching that for putting minoxidil on your hair, or swallowing a fin pill, seems preferable.

Found the baldlet

"guy"

>He fell for the anti-oxidants meme
>Post-2003

Jesus, the insecurity on this board is staggering. Just kill yourself, OP.

If your hair is thinning and you are a man you always have the option of just shaving your head.

THIS

sage and reported

You're a fucking moron, OP

Minoxidil's effect is to increase blood flow to the follicles so that they produce hair once they've stopped producing, or start for the first time when used on the face etc.

It has no long-term effect (hair that was previously lost will be lost again if you stop taking it) and so using it pre-emptively is literally pointless.

Once again, you're a moron

>not injecting 100mg test 2x a week for life.

I understand all of that.

My point is: I spend 0 money on cosmetics at the moment, but I'd quite like to keep my hair. Spending

...cont
>To my mind it makes sense for men to stop buying shampoo and start spendng that money on hair-loss prevention.
The crux of the matter here is that even if you don't end up having the balding gene, that hair-loss treatment may still make your har thicker, which is better than what shampoo does, I think.

Obviously, all of this depends on whether or not you think the hair-loss prevention/regrowth products actually work.

Lol. Go ahead and waste your money on snake oil you insecure faggot.

tldr minoxidil wont do shit
your only choice is taking a risk and swallowing the infamous pill

yeah i'd say go for it. altho i've heard rogaine often just delays the inevitable by a few years. the only thing that stops it completely for most people is fin and i'd be very cautious starting that. some men report permanent side effects: sexual disfunction, anxiety, enlarged breasts, constant dissociation. makes sense since testosterone causes balding and these things are all influenced by hormones.

good luck OP

Been applying rogaine to my face for massive beard gains and in 3 months I am able to grow a completely full beard (its not as fast for others, I guess I had the genetics, it's just that I was too impatient to wait for them to kick in naturally) Rogaine lowers your blood pressure, because it's an alcohol based solution. You can feel your blood pressure lowered when you're on it. If you would apply it non stop for your whole life you would have low pressure for the rest of your life. thats the main setback that i can see other than smelling like alcohol as well