I'm not Veeky Forums, but I want to be

So this is Veeky Forums, and I get that it's our full-time job to be faggots all the time, but I want to seriously reach out for help here.

So I'm 6'2'', I'm 18, and I probably weigh like 150 pounds or something. I'm on the computer all day, schooling online and vidya in my free time. I'm moving out of the house soon, though. Going to be living in student housing for college, and I'm really worried about being physically independent since I'm super weak.

>pic related

I want to get strong. I'm not overly concerned about aesthetic gains, as I think just a fit body looks nice enough. I want to be strong enough that I don't have to worry about moving a box, or opening a jar, or any other shit that comes up in my daily life.

I'm setting my time-frame as 3-months. Within these months, I want to drop the junk, start eating healthy, working out regularly, and become an over-all fit person. I understand that this is just a start, but I think that this is a decent and realistic time frame to set myself up with the base I need to stay healthy.

Can anyone on here give me some information on where to start? I've read the sticky, but I want some hands-on info here. Simple-yet-complicated stuff, like what to eat, how to work out, and how to keep track of myself is what I'm looking for. At home, I have a set of 25-pound adjustable handweights, and a bike-holder thing to bike indoors. I can probably get a gym membership without a hassle, but I'd like to know what I can do at home when I can't make it out to a gym AS WELL AS what I should try to do in a gym.

If you have a question that you think would help you help me, I'll try to answer.

Share your knowledge with me Veeky Forums.

>I've read the sticky
Bullshit.

I have, that's how serious I am about this.

Why do you fuckwits never read the sticky? What you think your case is somehow special? It has the answers to ALL your questions. Go fucking read it.

If you had, you wouldn't be asking such a stupid question.

>I've read the sticky, but I want some hands-on info here.
I'm looking for some real experience from some Veeky Forumsizens. The sticky was fucking AWESOME, and I seriously learned a lot, but I want to learn from other people who may have also been not so fit at some point as well.

I've read it, I just want to get some knowledge off of some experienced Veeky Forumsizens while I'm here.

What did you learn from the sticky?

No, if you had read the sticky you would have known all the basics. Anyway, start on SS and sort out your diet.

Basically that there's a bunch of bullshit floating around. It gives some factual info on nutrition concerning dietary oddities like fat and protein, gives suggestions for vitamins and making your own food, then really dives into how awesome lifting and multi-joint exercising is.

Sorry if I'm missing something, but SS???

And there you have just proved you didn't read the sticky. Now fuck off.

Did some googling, were you referring to Simple Science?

Eat a lot and lift a lot. Make it a ritual. Here's your priority list:

Adherence to routine > Hitting macros > Getting appropriate rest > Minutiae of diet > Minutiae of routine

Adherence to routine refers not only to showing up, but to lifting the actual weights. If you're doing a novice routine and not adding 5lbs to the bar every session, you're not adhering to the routine.

Save as much money as you can until you move out, don't blow it on stupid shit. That isn't strictly lifting advice. Study hard.

Read the sticky and quit asking for snowflake advice, you aren't special.

Then tell me what to read. I admittedly skimmed when it came to stuff that I thought would take more careful consideration since it's 3 in the morning.

If only there was some kind of post that stayed at the top of the board, containing every piece of information a beginner needs to get started.

That way, this board could be free to discuss specific questions and matters that would be understood by people who had read this post.

Disregard that, you suck cocks and didn't read the sticky.

The sticky.

Just lift until you're more interested in it and then start the autistic shit revolving around it

Thank you. I'll read through it again since I'll be up for a while anyways. I'll just google any specifics I need. And I'll take your advice anyways, since it's the kind of simple, compact stuff that I was looking for.

sometimes i think lifting is too easy
then i see threads like these and remember how retarded people are

Getting Veeky Forums takes dedication mate.
And if you're not even dedicated enough to read the fucking sticky, you might as well give up now because you're not gonna make it.

Thanks. I'm re-reading it now, minus the skimming of parts I don't understand yet to see if I get a feel for it. I'll ask questions the sticky doesn't answer here if I find any.

I'll stick around, so you guys can get your kek in.

>not your personal trainer

Basically do Starting Strength lol