QTDDTOT

Questions that dont deserve their own thread!

Ask anything and veteran lurkers or know it all full-on dunning-kruger effect noobs will share their info.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yco1VXoyPdc
uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090329082352AALKHvM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've gained a pound a week on the Texas Method and made PRs on each lift almost every week. The problem is of the 17 lbs I've gained, only 6 of it has been muscle and 11 lbs has been fat. If I'm making consistent strength gains, is this normal? Should I eat less?

What are some good obliques work outs? And can somebody rate my routine, it's

> come in
> do some quick chest machine exercises- 40/45 kilo
>solid bench press
>some quick back machine workouts
>solid deadlift
>i started doing some obliques work out during this time period today
>solid squats
>finish up with a quick leg machine workout and then the ab dominal machine

I just started lifting properly for like a month but is this too much?
I tried to do the strong lifts first (bench/deadlift/squat) but I feel like that's not really making me bigger (only stronger) as opposed to working out specific parts.
Next week I'm going to squeeze in doing some shoulder shrugs/bicep and tricep extensions as well.

This is my routine.

Anyone have a good infographic or formula for homemade pre workout? I've find a few different combos, but I want to see what fit has to offer

D-does anybody have an infographic for eating ass?

Eat properly

Starting to eat healthier since I'm getting fat, what the fuck should I eat with my morning eggs? I just grab a slice of bread usually, but that's a no no.

I actually don't know if my problem warrants my own thread, so i'll ask here.

I want to start working out, but haven't.. in ever. I tried doing so last year with a friend and long story short I overworked myself and got Exertional Rhabdomyolisis hospitalizing me for an entire week.

What are the best ways to prevent it and how much should I start lifting/doing if i've pretty much never done any exercise.

Slight information about myself
>5'9
>125 lbs
>Sit on my ass all day even at work

I'm terrified as fuck about getting it again.

Really bad desu. The people who penned the popular programs Veeky Forums recommends have years, sometimes decades, of weightlifting experience and you think you can come up with something better despite knowing fucking nothing?

bacon
oats if you can find a way to make them so you like them
leftovers

How much do I need to lower my lifts for a cut?

Do Stronglifts for at least 6 months.
Don't think you know better than everyone else.
You WILL get bigger doing Stronglifts. Yes, it's not hypertrophy oriented, but it will still make your muscles grow. Strength is the basis.
Come back in six months, report your progress and ask again.

Read the Sticky.
Do SS or SL.
Eat a lot.

Depends on how hard you are cutting. You could just try doing the same weight/progression and only deload once you fail.

The sticky doesn't provide information on Rhabdo. I guess I want more of an opinion on what I should do from someone that has experienced or heard of it before. Maybe that's asking for too much.

Its easy to avoid. Just dont do insane amounts of cardio/exercise in one session.

Get enough sleep and eat well. If you're getting rhabdo from lifting then you are doing some insane and crazy program.

I thought you were meant to create a personal routine for yourself?

>I just grab a slice of bread usually, but that's a no no.
Huh?

>Do Stronglifts for at least 6 months.
>Don't think you know better than everyone else.
>You WILL get bigger doing Stronglifts. Yes, it's not hypertrophy oriented, but it will still make your muscles grow. Strength is the basis.
>Come back in six months, report your progress and ask again.

Will I be proportional tho?

Why do you do machines/isolations before you do the exercise which work the exact same muscle?

For me, any workout is insane. I have done none in my entire life.
I didn't even know about it until i pissed Cola brown and went to the ER immediately.

The first time I got it, I didn't even do much more than most normal people do, but I guess since I didn't ever exercise it affected me a lot.
I'll try to be safe about it, I just don't want to end up in the hospital again.

>For me, any workout is insane. I have done none in my entire life.
The more sedentary you are the weaker you are. Which means you can only lift what your body allows you. The only way you would get rhabdo from lifting is having each session lasting several hours.
Or suddenly exercise very often without enough rest and food.

Just do a basic full body workout. Thats it. 6 or 7 exercises which covers the whole body, and wait ~48 hours before doing the next one.

If you get rhabdo from that then you probably have some sort of weird disorder. So read the sticky, and do a normal program.

>Why do you do machines/isolations before you do the exercise which work the exact same muscle?
Idk desu. Is it dumb?

That comes with the territory of strength gains and bulking in general brah, try lowering your calories to maintenance or slightly over by like a few hundred kcal

It has no benefits other than making you lift less on your big lifts.
Which is why it's better to do the isolation/exercise after.

Sure. You can add chinups and dips at the end to get some extra upper body work. And if you really want to, you can do a few burn-out isolation sets, like curls or tricep extensions.
But you should stick to the base program for a few months before changing it.
The important part is to do it not too long. 6-12 months is usually ideal.
If you do it for 2 years, yeah, you'll end up T-Rex.
But for a beginner, it's one of the best routines to do.

That's why you should do Stronglifts, where you do 3 exercises per workout and the first workout you only lift the bar.
if you eat, drink and sleep enough, and you take as much rest between sets as you need, you'll be fine. Unless as the other user said, you have some kind of disorder.

male or female ass?

youtube.com/watch?v=yco1VXoyPdc

Does anyone have a guide to fixing chest imbalances?

Preferably something that worked for you.

Lost 10kg and quit gym being a target weight.

Few months later I have gained it all back.

I don't understand I diet well? I just overeat, help?

What do you mean by chest imbalance?
Is one pec smaller than the other, or is your chest small compared to everything else?

You reduced your activity and didn't reduce your calorie intake to match. No shit you'll gain weight if that happens.

that is the fucking coolest gif OP. moar moar moar

One pec smaller than the other.

Making progress regardless, but i really think i should fix it.

>I increased my calorie expenditure by exercising.
>Then i stopped working out. Decreased my calorie needs and didn't change my diet to my new body weight or calorie needs.

Theres your answer

Add 1 isolation exercise to the smaller peck.

It should solve it.

Alrighty.

This seems simple.

fatass who has been doing strength training for the past few weeks.

After my workout yesterday, the only soreness is from increasing my squat intensity (realized I had been severely underdoing it). I think this might be DOMs going away.

Apart from the fact that I really fucking like that feeling, I feel like I could work out again today. Is there a way to tell if I was too low intensity yesterday and should work out again today, or if DOMs are just gone and I need to rest?

Generally, you want to wait until the doms go away before you train (that specific muscle" again.

If you have doms in you leg and want to train chest go ahead.

DOMS is just a sign of you doing something your body isn't used to. It can be increased intensity, exercise you haven't tried before, a varion of something you have tried before, different rep ranges.
So dont worry about it. Focus on weight lifted for measure of progress.
If you want to achieve DOMS simply because you like the feeling then try to add something you haven't done before to your workout.

There is NOTHING that says you cant or shouldnt work the muscle with DOMS. It will even make it go away faster.

>There is NOTHING that says you cant or shouldnt work the muscle with DOMS. It will even make it go away faster.

>train muscle
>muscle breaks down
>muscle tries to supercompensate
>train same muscle again before it recovers
>muscle gets fucked up further
>strength decreases

Whether or not you have DOMS has literally nothing to do with whether you're recovered or not.

>If you do it for 2 years, yeah, you'll end up T-Rex.
Stronglifts?
Ok. How long should I do it then?

seeThere is NO correlation between recovery and DOMS.
I thought this myth had died several years ago.

Considering he just started lifting and worked out yesterday i would bet his legs did not recover yet.

female

See that highlighted shit?

Don't do that.

When I'm in a squat position my left arm side is hurting. Somewhere below the lats.
What to do so that it won't hurt ?
Maybe seeing how my right side is fine, maybe it's my imbalance in side strengths ?

Should i wear a weightlifting belt for deadlifts? I've seen a few opinions either way. If I should, how heavy should I be lifting before I do?

>Got a nice tattoo like 2 days ago (traps to elbows)
>Full of, thin, geometric lines
>Worried I might fuck it up if I lift

I recall a friend of mine who had a sleeve and worked out and was ok, however our designs are different and the artist is telling me to wait a bit before lifting but did not tell me a time frame

So would it be cool if I worked out? Some running, at the very least?

any of you guys have the pic of the high test japanese volleyball player? or her name at least?

What does dyel mean? I get it stands for do you even lift but I never understand how it's used in the context Veeky Forums always says
> everyone was dyel as fuck
???

Do You Even Lift

Didn't read the whole post. The context is that if everyone is looking dyel, everyone looks really weak.

Don't know where else to asked but this is my home board so I'll ask here.

My girlfriend recently did something disgusting. I'm quite disturbed by it. Please read on;

We were at the breakfeast buffet on our school trip. My girlfriend starts ruffling under the table with her skirt and i'm like wtf??

She says "I'm saving some food for later, lunch isn't till 2 o clock". "And i'm like in your pants???" and she's like "no, in my vagina silly".

and then i'm like "eeewwwww, why don't you put it in your pocket or something" and she tells me that vaginas are naturally clean whereas pockets are filthy and you'll get loads of germs from eating food outta your pocket.

She said that her mother showed her how to do it and how it's completely natural and that women have been doing it since stone age times. I was shocked by this and unsure whether or not to believe her.

Fast forward to around 12.30 and we were on a train.We go inside a toilet and start kissing and after a few minutes she sits down and starts fumbling in her crotch area again. And sure enough, after a few seconds out slides a sausage. She asked me if i wanted some and i was like "eh....no thanks" and then she just ate it as if it was just a normal sausage off a plate.

I asked her if other girls do this and she said she didn't know, it's not the kind of thing they'd talk about. but she said she does it occasionally and she finds it really handy when she's stuck for food.

I'm kinda worried now, this can't be healthy can it? Surely you'd get some sort of disease down there

No. Only wear a belt during 1rm.

I started lifting about 3 weeks ago. I keep track of the amount of weight I lift with every exercise. My dumbell press has gone up consistently from 12 to 16kg. However, my bench has barely increased at all. I bench 45kg for 8 reps now. The first time I benched I also did 45kg, but only for 2 reps. I feel this is a very minor increase compared to my dumbell presses.

My dumbell flys have gone up from 6 to 10kg.

Why does my bench not improve that much at all? Is it maybe because my forearms are too weak still? Should I do forearm exercises?

Thanks

uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090329082352AALKHvM

If you are so out of shape and get barely any exercise I recommend working on general health and fitness before getting into a strength routine.

Long brisk walks up and down hills.

If this is too easy break up the brisk walking with jogging until fatigue then start walking again till you have the energy for another burst of jogging.

Really basic stuff like trying to ensue you are on your feet throughout the day or at the very least take breaks every half hour and move around (even something autistic like star-jumps in your cubicle are not a bad idea to get the blood pumping).

Try to eat well with plenty of vegetables and lean meat, do your best to avoid processed meals with excess sugar.

For muscle work look up some basic Calisthenics like pushups and lunges, you can also buy pretty cheap pull-up bars which can be installed easily in most doorways.

>I bench 45kg for 8 reps now. The first time I benched I also did 45kg, but only for 2 reps. I feel this is a very minor increase
Going from 2 to 8 reps is fucking huge.
Also, you have no business doing as low as 2 reps.

You've been at it for 3 sorry weeks dude. You can't even say you're lifting yet.

This is probably a really stupid question but will your sleeve length measurement change if you put on muscle on your arms and shoulders?

Due to my schedule a 3 day routine isn't always possible (Thursday isn't always the best for the gym) , what type workout should I do for abxcxxx style, to get a 3 day workout over 4 days?
Would a push/leg/x/pull/x/x/x routine be fine?

Yes.

Your post is a little unclear. Exactly what days would you like to train?

I can train Sunday through Wednesday, Thursday is pretty iffy because of my job. I'll reorder to legs/push/x/pull/x/x/x but I'm wondering if that's effective at all. And then on the weekend I can do jumprope work or something

I just did those 2 reps, because my friend brought me with him and he wanted to see my max. I don't do less than 8 reps usually.

Thanks for you answer.

It's pretty confusing you're putting that pull day on Thursday and choosing to rest on Sunday when you say you can't really train Thursdays but can Sundays?

My lats are sore have to do pull ups tomorrow.
Wat do?

Dude

Sunday legs
Monday push
Tuesday rest
Wednesday pull (w/ deadlift)
Thursday Friday Saturday rest

That's as clear as I can get

I used to be pretty fit because I played soccer on a reasonable high level and I always dominated in sports that required strength or speed. I quit at the age of 17 and gained 55 kg in 6 years time (I'm 23 now).

Today is the 29th day of my quest to lose weight. I've started at 140 kg (304 lbs) and I'm 186 cm tall (6ft1). Now I'm at 126kg (277lbs), so I've lost 14kg (27lbs) in little less than a month. I was wondering if there is something about my daily food intake that should improve. This is a typical day for me:

> 9:00 : get up
>10:30 : eat 4 slices of whole wheat bread with smoked salmon (+sometimes a bowl of selfmade very light soup)
>13:30 : drink strong black coffee
>15:00 : drink strong black coffee
>16:00 : eat a pear
>17:00 : drink strong black coffee
>19:00 : eat an average plate that consists of: 1/5 chicken (about 200 grams) (or codfish 200gr) , 1/5 lettuce, 1/5 carrots, 1/5 tomatos, 1/5 other kind of vegetable
>21:30 : go running for about 45 minutes to an hour
>00:00 : eat 3 small slices of chicken breast (weighs about 40gr) or I eat a pear

I go through the day without being hungry and I drink 1-2 liters of water and 1 Tönisteiner that I couldn't miss). I don't like oatmeal.

I want to lose another 37 kg (81lbs) by the end of september (I think it's reasonable due to having a "muscly" body that is covered with fat) , Is there anything that should be improved to reach my goal or does anyone have extra tips?

Thanks in advance

Hi guys.

I switched over from 5/3/1 BBB to BBB Variation II found in Beyond 5/3/1. Instead of the typical 5x10 @50% the percentages vary week by week. First week is 5x10@65%, then 5x8@70% and the final week is 5x5@75% on top of 5/3/1. He also suggests to run it with the standard template and not the alternate (ie DL 5/3/1 + DL BBB).

I tried it today with OHP and my arms just failed at the 6th rep in 4/5th BBB set. Just a bad day, or is it really that harsh? Anyone tried it?

>diddly going up
>squats going up, bought some WL shoes and it FEELS GOOD
>weighted chins going up, proficient now according to ss.com
>can't (overhead) press (relatively) proper weight because I fucked around on the chest fly machine and blew my shoulder up 3 years ago
Is it finally time to see a fysio /fit?

>Is it finally time to see a fysio /fit?
Yeah. Unless your arm more or less got ripped off it should be fixable. And you should've taken care of it long ago.
What's wrong with your shoulder?

Running shouldn't be a problem just don't do any arm and shoulder workout I guess.

>currently doing texas method
>AxBxCxx
>workouts end up taking ~2h as I like to do accessories after compounds
>thinking of going AaBbCc
>small letters = accessory days, big letters = TM
Essentially, can I do sort of a push/pull accessory routine on my 'rest' days - no compounds involved?

pullups

anterior shoulder pain when OHPing heavier set
instant pain when warming up with empty barbell (painful at bottom of rep)
I can do weighted dips pain free
db press and db ohp are not too bad but I'm heaving a hard time progressing with them.

instant pain when warming up with empty barbell (painful at bottom of rep) on the benchpress*

How bad is it to not tuck your shoulders in on OHP?
How bad is it if you tend to lean forward on the last rep when squatting?

Coming from 4 months of fuckarounditis which resulted in minimal progress, i finally switched to SL5x5. My compounds were never strong and I thought I had my form down pretty well. I never experienced any pain from working out before, only DOMS. Recently I've been having dull pains in my left shoulder and left (?)butt/pelvis/whateveritscalled.

Also:
176cm 66kg how many kcals/day should I aim for? I WANT A NUMBER/A LINK TO A WORKING CALORIE CALCULATOR.

I'm finally starting a serious program, after lifting to no effect with a shitty 'toning' routine done by the gym PT.

I decided to use StrongLifts 5x5.
How do I find out what's my max rep weight for the first time on every exercise?

Use MyFitNess pal for counting calories
Not tucking your shoulder in OHP means 70% of the exercise is being absorbed by your shoulders, and not in a good way.

The impact is absorbed by your bones, so you're preventing the proper muscles from getting the intended effect.

Highly unusual that your dips aren't painful when the bench presses and overhead presses are.

If you look at your back while you raise your arms over head, does your scapulae do a proper so-called "upward rotation"?
Can you pass a back-to-wall shoulder flexion test?
How is the external and internal rotation range of motion of your shoulders in general?
Do you know how to keep your scapulae retracted during the bench press?

Does the pain go away immediately when you stop doing the exercise or does it linger?
How does it actually feel?

Well I've been using MFP for ages, but it just sets me at 2000/day.

That sounds about right, what's your issue for 2k/day?
As long as you're regularly exercising and you didn't lie on the "How much do you usually move?" question, there's no issue.

What are the actual benefits of cold showers over warm/hot showers? I've been doing them most of the time (like 95%+) the past 4+ months and I've noticed nothing.

Seriously?
Hnnngg.

Scooby's calculator places me at 2390/day.

I've kept a strict 1500/day cut for about 3 months prior to lifting, then ate at 2000, now at 2390, but i still feel hungry af, regardless of how I space out my meals.

I don't know if eating more is the solution, especially because I don't intend on packing fat back ever again. That is why I'm asking.

Dude, I'm 5'8'', 63kg, and eat 1.5k a day without feeling hungry.

Stop using so much oil in your food and eat your greens.

There is no way you'd be feeling hungry if you were filling up on veggies, you can eat your entire body weight in spinach (this is not an hyperbole) and still not hit your TDEE.

What kinds of food are you eating? That might be why you're still hungry.

i can pass that test
my external and eternal rotation is not that bad I think
I can only dip pain-free when I keep my scap stable
The pain during bench is caused by the extension at the bottom part, even when I keep my scapula stable
the pain gets better but it usually stays a little painful for a few days (pain 3 out of 10)
pretty sharp pain

From today's MFP log:

>breakfast
3 egg omelette
100g ham which has GOAT macros (22g protons for 120kcal with very little sodium)
Cottage cheese

>Lunch
350g red beans
2 proton bars

>Dinner (not yet but I know what I'll have)
red beans with chicken breast
some strawberries

My go-to foods are: greek yogurt, cottage cheese, granola, oats, eggs, chicken breast, ham, red beans, broccoli and proton/fiber bars for snacking between classes. This is 80% of what I eat, aside from the occasional icecream, fish, polenta, pork, beef and random shit which account for the rest.

>ham
>2 proton bars

I know you wrote that they were apparently within your calculations, but what kind of ham has less than 300kcal per 100g?

Also, protein bars of what kind? They're usually like 300kcal each, but just "Proton bar" doesn't tell us much

350g of beans for a single meal sounds enormous, it's like double what I'd eat to feel full, and you're still hungry?

Dinner is the only thing I found okay, although the strawberries could be throwing things off, considering how sugary fruit can be

Only thing I could advise is watering down your beans. Make it a soup, not just beans. It will pretty much double the volume of the meal without changing the caloric input.

fuck bros what's her name can't find it

Keep going until you stall, and have ruled out external factors such as not eating properly, resting properly, shitty form, aids etc. Then you can jump off the newbie routines bandwagon and use your newfound strength towards whatever goals you have with your body.

Dude, I weigh my shit and scan barcodes for everything I eat. I have my numbers down since I've yet to gain weight ever since I started my cut. I just don't know what total i should aim for in order to maximise gains.

Oh, I thought you were still gaining weight, my bad.
If you're alright for your cut there's not really anything to change.
To "maximize" gains you shouldn't even be on a cut though, or eat at maintenance.

Also forgot to say, eating at maintenance is a pretty safe bet, because no matter how maniacal you are in measuring shit, you'll still be constantly underestimating what you're eating, even by little, since we tend to overlook things like toppings, oils, and other shit that is not strictly 'food'.

So eating maintenance actually means, most of the time, that you're actually eating at a small surplus that's good for lifting.

Balding fag here. Shaved my head today. Went smoothly, but I am curios as to how long it will take until my shaved head will get the same color as the rest.

Also, there are 1-2 spots where I can feel some hair although I went over them again. Will this go away after repeated shavings?

What's the average number of hairs that fall off your head per day?

Also is there an average age for when you stop growing taller?

if I were to eat at maint @ 1800 daily cals per day- and ate 70% carbs 25% fats and 5% proteins, (majority of junk food)- that would mean cals/grams would be:

360 calories of fat (22g), 90 protein (40g), 1370 carbs (342g).

342 grams of carbohydrates... would this not fill liver and muscle glycogen? causing the rest of the energy to be stored as fat?
despite eating at maintenance.

this eating lifestyle would be described as pretty much eating pure sugar, just to an extreme- 1800 cals of sugar and fat per day.

What type and how much of cardio should I do for cardiovascular health and general life quality gainz?

Are protein bars just glorified candy bars?

Some of what you eat is always going to be stored as fat regardless of how your macros are set up. But you're also always burning fat.
Well not "always" but you get the idea.

Realize that the body doesn't really work in 24 hour intervals. The reality is that every time you eat you're essentially in a huge surplus and every time you're not eating you're in a huge deficit. It's what it adds up to over time (think weeks, not days) that determines whether you're eating at "maintenance" or not.

Just get your heart rate up and watch out for stuff that seems to bother your joints.

Most are.