I'm weak as shit. what can I do?

Basically, i have read all the stickies through and i cant find anything relating to this, I've recently started going to the gym, and i struggle to even lift the smallest weight they have, which is 8kg, I attempt to do 5 sets of 10 reps each time but after the first 2 sets i struggle to even lift the weight at all, im extremely weak when it comes to weights and i guess i just want to be assured this will even benefit me.

TL;DR New to the gym, struggle with weights, do cardio and want to lose weight, i only go once a week because of my student wage, what do?

>Pic related (not me), am average size 5ft 7 male, weak as shit though,

Start with bodyweight training

then do 3 sets of 5, fucktard.

Currently im doing
3 sets of 5 on the bench bar (45kg)
5 sets of 10 reps with free weights
and 30 mins on a treadmill
tryna lose weight and tone a little but i only do this once a week, will that even do anything? ^

I'm like 11st 8

Alight then, behind the fucktard that's actually decent advice, so cheers.

I'm literally a complete newcomer.

It will probably do something but you must get on a real program, did you really read the sticky?

I did yeah, but as I'm literally new as shit, to the gym I'm at, I'm still working out where everything is and that, and I'm waiting for my friend to come with me so I don't end up killing myself doing squats and that, as i said i'm REALLY weak, to the extend i doubt i could even lift the bar for a deadlift or squats so i'm a bit comprehensive on doing it

Also the 3 i saw require 3 days a week, and i can only do one day (or two if im lucky) a week besides home exercizes

Do push ups bodyweight rows and bodyweight squats 3-5 sets 5-12 reps each every other day for a month or 2 if you are having trouble with the raw bar i would say.

Thank you, ill try that out and post results in a couple of weeks, appreciate it alot user.

Read the sticky again, you cumstain. If you are capable of the most basic reading comprehension, you should alredy have all the information you need. And read Starting Strength

post shirtless pic you oaf.

Starting strength requires 3 days a week.
As i've said i have one day access to the gym a week, no equipment at home either.

Why can you only go once a week? You mentioned your "student wage", but does that mean you're buying single day passes every time you go?

Uni student wage, It costs 3 a turn, if i'm lucky i can go two times a week but most of my money goes on travel. aha

I would say spend less on travel. The bodyweight stuff other anons mentioned is a good place to start, but you'll max out eventually. If you want to get big, you'll eventually have to start eating more and lifting weights. Sacrifices will have to be made

Honestly im trying to lose a bit of weight, and tone up, then work on gains.

Or am I going about that the wrong way?

>tone up
>lose weight, then work on gains

What sticky did you say you read?

Never. Going. To. Make. It.

Going to gym less than 3 days a week is seriously going to hinder you. You won't be able to train everything properly.

Ggwp.

I read the main sticky on the first post.
Talks about diet and mindset and everything, then i checked the routines, all require 3 days at the gym, so i asked here.

Okay, I'll spoonfeed you. I need something to do between sets anyway.

"Toning up" isn't a thing. It has no definition. Be more specific about what you want
You can only gain weight and lose fat for a brief period of time when you start lifting. Or when you're on steroids
If you're as skinny and weak as you say, you probably don't want to start with a cut. How much do you weigh?

Seriously. You're going to have to go to the gym at least three times a week if you want to get anywhere. There's no secret alternative to that

This guy is right, although you can get away with just bodyweight stuff at home for a while. If you're looking for a decent program Freeletics have some decent ones iirc. However you'll need to start lifting and the sooner you start the better.

OP you could try reddit bodyweight fitness recommended routine to try and get stronger first but like the other anons said 3 times a week gym is the best way to go.

I weigh 11st 8/9lb, an 5ft 7/8 and i basicallyjust want to lose weight and define my muscles in my arms/ lose my moobs that are starting to develop.

Basically i just want to get healthier overall.

I might add in a couple of months ill comfortably be able to go 3 times a week, until then though i have to make do with once or twice a week.

Why can't you scrounge any more money together? Are you spending too much at bars/restaurants? I'm not from Bongland, so I don't understand the uni student wage thing. Are you not allowed to get a job while you receive that?

I am a bong, I also don't understand what he's saying.

We are aloud jobs, im planning on getting a weekend job which patys like £200 ish once summer startys ( i get 6 months off) and in that time ill have enough to go 3 times a week, im just really really careful right now, if i miss a payment i am fucked

pays*
bong

This is why you won't make it. You're saying that things will be different in the future, and it will be better then. No, get a job now that pays more than two hundred bongbucks a week and more hours than two days a week

Literally cant, first 6 months are hard study, then 6 months free, then 6 months study, saying i wont make it is up to you, but im damn well going to try, thats why i posted in the first place.

Try harder. Your studies do not consume nearly as much time as you think. Plenty of students go to school full time while working 40+ hours a week. What's your excuse?

They do not take up all my time, hence why i asked for advice of what i could do at home.
That way i can study, exersize and dedicate the money and time to go one or two days a week until im a wagecuck. I understand what you are saying, but at the same time im studying to better myself, and i want to get healthy too, hence why i asked here.

>an average size male 5'7"
>male 5'7"
>average
Whenwilltheylearn.jpg

Kek, Only just 18, so just about average, for a manlet anyway.

If you can only do 1 or 2 days a week just do full body routines - a combination of squats, dead lifts, bent over rows, bench press and overhead press. You will be weak to begin with, I struggled to bench the bar when I first started out, today I benched 100kg. Start with the bar and add the smallest weight increment possible each workout ex: start with benching the bar, then add a 1.25kg plate to each side the next workout, then use a 2.5kg plate workout each side the next workout and so on. Progress will be slow since you can only train so few days but try researching bodyweight training and add that a few days a week to supplement the weights.

Thank you user, I satrted doing the routine a user recommend above with bodyweight squats, rows and pressups, ill use your advice too and hopefully get something done, thanks alot