What's stopping you from going vegan?

What's stopping you from going vegan?

The society and the surrounding I live in would crush me. Most of my family and specially my wife's family is conservative, my friends also. None of them gets that being vegan does not mean you are a "commie", "fag" or a "hippie".

I respect animals more than humans, and with every day that goes by, I find more reasons to stop eating meat.

How does your society see veganism brehs?

>inb4 you still eat meat, you are a hypocrite

It's not an easy transition desu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ueqDkY3aNAY
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3459726/
dresselstyn.com/site/success-stories/
youtube.com/watch?v=6t4tBmbPko8
youtube.com/watch?v=-6aAFKlr7hs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're mentally ill. Sage

And here we see a typical Jason Blaha subscriber, kids.

the fact that it's not an efficient or feasible diet for lifting and resistance training and any downsides of eating meat are completely mitigated by exercising and eating a balanced diet

sage

> i cant explain any valid reason to not be vegan so i will claim you are mentally ill, evenn though i have a psychopathic view towards animals

This video dismantles every single argument against veganism

DO NOT RESPOND UNLESS YOU WATCH THE VIDEO AND YOUR ARGUMENT IS NOT IN THERE

>its too long and i cant concentrate
>im not gonna watch the video because i am too weak to admit i can be wrong on a subject

/thread

bump

>if you exercise plaques disappear
it is irrelevant anyway, as that does not justfify killing

now see

Same family reasons.
The fact that I'm skinny as fuck and already have trouble eating enough to gain weight unrestricted rather then on vegan diet.

I'm very similar to you but I think my long term goal of how I'd like to improve my diet, I do not become full vegan for quite some time (if ever) just severely reduce my meat intake and stop dairy except if say a little in a coffee or in a cake or something.

It's like I think of vegan as the ultimate healthy way to eat if you can manage it but being allergic to nuts makes its hard for me to sustain RIGHT NOW.

(I'm 130 and 5'11 so I'm going to keep eating my bacon for breakfast and chicken breasts until I can get to a better weight before I try and remove things from my diet)

> no mention of health benefits, just appeals to morality

and vegans wonder why everyone thinks they're preachy

> no mention of the feasibility of a vegan diet in conjunction with resistance training
> trying to shill your alternative lifestyle on a fitness forum

sage

Meat is fucking delicious. You live but one life, enjoy it while you can.

>appeal to morality

thats not an appeal, its a valid point. But great thing you can get every nutrient without eating corpses, and you by pass cholesterol and saturated fat.

Plenty of vegan athletes, explain why it isnt "feasible in conjunction with resistance training"
>you cant
now please seeas it dismantles your point better than i just did

i live meat and fish, more than i love nature and the world and i am not going to have kids.

but plaque does disappear if you exercise you tempeh-addled fuckwit

why do you think the best non-medical prophylactic for heart disease is exercise

> can't come up with a scientific reason
> m-m-muh morals

go die in a hole you B12-deficient cucks

that does not justify killing

ffs, watch the video in this thread

are you a cow? or are you a lion? Enjoy being in the bottom of the food chain idiot.

> explain why it isnt "feasible in conjunction with resistance training"

because all vegan athletes are geared to the gills

if you're a natty vegan lifter you wind up with a body like Virgin Gains

> keeps trying to bring in morality
I'm not arguing that, I'm talking about how it's not an efficient diet for weightlifting

it isnt, its diet.
A vegan diet is the only think that has been shown to reverse heart disease
>hurr durr its unhealthy

You are clearly stupid.
Also not b12 deficient and that is not just a vegan problem, so its invalid.
Burden of proof btw, show me how plaques disappear with exercise, while diet is not controlled.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3459726/

literally second result on google

now your turn, show me how a vegan diet is the only one shown to reverse heart disease

>food chain does not include slaughterhouses

seewell im gonna keep brining up morality, because thats the reason why you shouldnt eat corpses.

Plenty of omnivore athletes are geared, what is your point?

>steroids suddenly give you nutrients

> gonna keep bringing up morality
live and let live, bud. this is the reason why people hate you and your herbivorous ilk so much

> nutrients increase muscle synthesis
steroids push muscle synthesis rates much faster than they would normally, hence why muscle growth surges and continues in the absence of optimal dietary protein

that's because we are the intelligent animal and sadly natural selection produced you.

dresselstyn.com/site/success-stories/

just google image the study, now prove any other diet which has reversed heart disease.

Your study highlights my point by the way, you would know this if you read it

> can't form a scientific argument
> w-w-well I have the moral high ground

Get asked to provide proof.
>just google image the study...

Vegan cuck

>live and let live
>just let me keep funding the industry which is killing our planet and animals without justification

yes, we are, which is why its weird how i have to explain to you it is morally wrong to kill and cause suffering when there is no justification to do so.

seeYOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT

Nobody in this thread does

>not eating foods which cause plaques is unhealthy

I recognize it's the optimal and most efficient lifestyle in reverse to bodily age and performance. I'm just too weak willed.

Sausages taste too good

i also linked you the dr who is responsible for it you absolute retard.

>spoonfeed me im a retarded copse muncher

look i can name call like you!!

my study:
> most of the evidence supporting the cardio protective properties of fruits and vegetables is based on observational epidemiological studies, which have reported either weak or associations of low significance. Although fruit and vegetable consumption leads to lower blood pressure, little is known about its effect on lipids and blood sugar or whether it prevents plaque formation.

somehow this proves your point?

I can't find your study on that page btw but googling 'vegan diet reverses heart disease' yields nothing peer-reviewed, just anecdotes

posting this again, because most people will just scrroll past the link above because they are too scared to admit they are wrong.

This video dismantles every argument. No need for anybody else to post anything now.

Don't need one. Every single person that replies to you is just doing it for the b8 m8.

Nobody cares, honestly :^)

>the work of dr esselytyn is not peer reviewed.

yes it says that because those people are still injesting cholesterol you fucking idiot. Look at any study where patients do not injest cholesterol.

> it's not peer-reviewed because it's blatantly biased
> b-b-but it's still legit I promise

Spoonfeed?

Ok here is proof that veganism is for devil children and retards.

Google.com

There, I even gave you the name of the website where you can find it.

not him, but the lipid hypothesis is very well known now. It has studies over 100 years backing it. Cheif of american cardiology recommends not eating cholesterol, never go full retard.

i actually eat meat but to say it isnt linked to CV disease is dumb, just like a smoker denying smoking causes cancer

>>just let me keep funding the industry which is killing our planet and animals without justification

I'm not going to argue with you on this because I don't feel like arguing ethics on a Tajik turban-tips-n-tricks forum

I just want to call bullshit on all the pseudoscience vegans peddle

> because science shows how cholesterol is the only cause of plaque build up it must be biased.

Shut up child

> the fact cholesterol causes plaque build up which narrows arteries and causes blockages or reduced flow is pseudo science

I'm not arguing that

I'm arguing the claim that a vegan diet is the only route to reverse atherosclerosis

then show me another diet which has been shown to reverse it.
Exercise alone does not do this, it needs to be combined with diet.

Bacon is tasty prove me wrong vegans

Protip you cant you commie hipster fag

I dont want to give views for whoever fag made that vegan video. Can anyone summarize it for me?

I am not vegan because of people like you. Why do you feel so strongly about your diet that you have to go around preaching it like its the second coming of Jesus?

Do you also go around forcing your other believes into people as well? Are you part of any organizations like "Save the whales!" or whatever the fuck?

I was a vegetarian for a long time and it really agrees with my body and mind. I can really understand the whole "you don't need to kill to survive" but once I realized my own hypocrisy I grew out of it. Unless you really embrace the thing as a whole you're just a faggot who found a comfortable way to feel better about yourself.

Anyways, vegan diet is only possible because of modern society and all its advances, its really annoying to keep and not practical at all if you do high intensity exercises.

>not eating seafood to reduce plaque build up

Vegan diet isnt the only way to get your unsat fats retard

You halfwit, you need cholesterol to produce testosterone. You can't and shouldn't cut it out of your diet completely

Honestly, it's not really about nutrition or anything for me (although it's true that it would make it a nightmare to try and balance macros).

It's just that I love the taste of food so much.
Eggs, cheese, meat, my god.
Even dishes that are mostly made of veggies are made a billion times better with the addition of things a vegan will never taste.

Savoring spinach with parmesan or mozzarella melted on it, celery casseroles, chicken salads combined with pretty much every veggie under the sun, there's way too many combinations available to talk about them in a single post.

The smell of searing meat, the crackling of oil under a frying egg, the creamy resistance under your knife when cutting into something filled with melted cheese.

This is what good food is made of.
Am I trampling every other species on the planet to achieve that?
Yes.
But lightning strike me down if it doesn't feel like it's worth it every single death.

OP do you think having pets are ethical?

*owning a pet is ethical

Fuck me I need to go to bed.

>it is morally wrong to kill and cause suffering when there is no justification to do so.

And yet orcas play volleyball with seals.
They don't eat them
They're not natural enemies
They have been studied to actually kill them for amusement, not even to eat them

Jaguars will at times kill prey animal and leave them there even if they're already satiated, just for 'playtime'

Cats are renown for their tendency to kill animals for sport

Nature is full of animals that do things like this just because they're bored, yet vegans want to convince humans that it's wrong to mass produce animals that taste good.

I could understand if you were preaching about hunting, but cows and chickens wouldn't even EXIST if we didn't have a need for them to be eaten.
They are born because we let them exist, and when their use has run out they are killed for their nutrients. Their juicy, delicious nutrients.

Every single carnivorous and omnivorous lifeform on the planet eats corpses. You just make it sound like it's a bad thing to further your cause.

Vegancuck left the thread kek

>What's stopping you from going vegan?
i'm not a pussyboy faggot and i don't care about animals or the environment

you sound like an insufferable faggot. i eat meat because as a human, it is my prerogative to dominate and consume every other species that can be consumed

>killing

You go ahead and try to eat only things that you don't have to kill to eat.

Humans are heterotrophic, so unless you're green like the hulk and full of chlorophyll, you've got to eat things that were once alive just like the rest of us. The difference is that the rest of us don't try to claim moral superiority, we just do what we all must quietly.

i cut red meat and poultry, after 4 moths i feel disgusted by it.
still eats fish once in a while.
no more milk and eggs for me, but i still eat products that contain it as ingrediants.

i was like you user, but everytime i saw people eating meat or buying it i felt disgusted by them, then i realised that i was doing the same thing they were doing, the breaking point was a restaurant where a group of people ordred a meal almost 90% meat. felt disgusted by those barbaric double digit IQ plebs.

went home and never touched red meat/poultry until this day.

cocain is delicious =/= good for you

fucking little girls is delicious for pedos, doesn't mean it should be allowed

see ?

Are you vegan for the animals?

I slowly changed my diet until I was eating vegan for about six months. It was beneficial in that it allowed me to become more compassionate towards animals and, in turn, to other people. I credit this more to the reading I did on animal intelligence and sentience while researching vegan recipes, though.

I was in a pretty bad place mentally and looking into a vegan diet gave me the impetus to see things from a different point of view. A sort of window through which I was able to pay attention to the life around me after purposely and stupidly keeping myself ignorant for so long.

The problem was that it wasn't sustainable for me. I was feeling -- not worse and worse, but more and more on the edge; an amphetamine quality. Anyone who has fasted knows what I'm talking about. The mental clarity was nice for a few months, but it kept getting sharper and sharper, and not in a good way. Additionally, I was losing weight and barely making any gains strength-wise. I'm sure I could've found an affordable diet with more than adequate macros that also required minimal cooking time to fit into my schedule -- but doing so would require sacrifices that I was and currently still am unwilling to make.

I was also starting to become irrationally worried about hurting any living thing, to the point that I even felt guilty about eating plants. For a while, I seriously considered the possibility of subsisting on a fruit and nut diet, and wondering how I was going to avoid killing anything ever again. I still think it's horrible that any living thing should die for the benefit of another, but I recognize the reality of this world even as I work to change it.

Anyway, I now drastically limit my consumption of meat and do my best to eat to stay away from red or processed meats. The best and most lasting change that resulted from having a vegan diet is that I eat more fruits and vegetables than ever now, at least three-quarters of my daily food intake by volume. I highly recommend this.

both for the animals and for my health.

What's your opinion on pets? Good or bad?

the thing is, when you understand darwinism, you'll realise that cows/pigs cerebral cortex is similar to ours.

why the fuck would i hurt a friendly non hostile creature who can process and feel pain and suffering ?

like what the fuck ?

>why the fuck would i hurt a friendly non hostile creature who can process and feel pain and suffering?
to eat them

i'm against getting a wild animal as a pet.

cats and dogs are domesticated, and won't survive outside the house. i don't know and i don't care. they got it better than the cows and pigs.

why the fuck would i eat a dead corps that causes heart disease and diabetes ?

>cats and dogs are domesticated, and won't survive outside the house
actually, they are perfectly capable of surviving outside the house. domesticated cats can be exceptional hunters. i live in australia and my old cat killed possums on a regular basis. the possums were bigger than my cat

>why the fuck would i eat a dead corps that causes heart disease and diabetes?
you're an idiot. lots of things can cause diabetes. and there is only a suggested link between too much meat consumption and disease. correlation does not imply causation. you've got to try harder mate

first things first . that shouldn't be the focus right now IMO, i don't have a pet, but like i said at least the pets are getting love instead of a knife in their throat.
i'm against casterating kittens though.

>you're an idiot. lots of things can cause diabetes
youtube.com/watch?v=6t4tBmbPko8
>and there is only a suggested link between too much meat consumption and disease
youtube.com/watch?v=-6aAFKlr7hs

you sound like you need five minutes of reading of sources outside the USA meat board publishings.

>but like i said at least the pets are getting love instead of a knife in their throat
>implying farmers don't love their pigs and cows

>I respect animal more than human
Opinion discarded
SAGE
REPORTED
HIDE

>need sources outside USA meat board publishing
>Gives vegan sources are a reference.
Are you retarded?

>the world health organisation is less credible than the USA BILLION DOLLAR MEAT/MILK/EGG INDUSTRY

vegans don't have billion dollar industries that influence studies outcome.

get your head out of your ass and think about it a little bit.

>My biased source isn't as bad as your biased source.
So yes, you are retarded.

Studies have shown people on a vegan diet blood were able to kill cancer 9 times better than marathon runners with standard american diet.

>x love y
>x doesn't kill y

pick two

"I have to kill animals because I have trouble eating enough food"

how about you stop making excuses

mate i have a phd in gastrointestinal health, i know all this. there are multiple risk factors for diabetes, meat consumption being one of the least important. and i can tell you there is no definitive link between meat consumption and cancer. correlation doesn't imply causation. being overweight, smoking and drinking are more important risk factors

>
You realize the animals you are eating are supplemented with b12 and other minerals and vitamins.

>tfw i would love to be there slaughtering that beloved pig, which has given its life to sustain mine
farmers can love their cows and pigs but they are still their property. they own them and need them to make a living. keep up with your emotional arguments. you're not going to make any headway at all

yep, that's one delusional necrovore.

you are the type of guy that likes the GOT MILK industry to tell him that butter is good for you on the times magasine so you'll feel better about your addiction.

anyway, survival of the fittest.
i wish you go bankrupt after your heart disease operation, fuck universal health care, let the necrovores pay for their own shit.

>You realize the animals you are eating are supplemented with b12 and other minerals and vitamins
glorious vitamins and minerals, to further aid with keeping us alive. the meat industry is truly amazing

I guess you must hate vegetables then.

>x love y as a property
>x exploits y for money
>x doesn't love y

pick three.

>Survival of the fittest
Given that butchering predates farming, I would guess we already know who the fittest are.

Again, no reason to be vegan.
>le supposed health benefits
show me peer reviewed studies, and your claims are so negligible i wouldnt care
>ur bein cruel boohoo
i dont care, meat is tasty
>ur a pussy/meanyhead
ad-hom
>wahh u can get everything from a vegan diet that u can from a meat diet
whey >>>>>> soy protein
>meat can be replicated through tofu
and it tastes like garbage. also see above.

>implying the world health organisation isn't biased
nigga are you retarded? the world health organisation can be just as objective as any other source and frequently publishes misinformation, especially regarding alternative medicine

>x "kill" y requires : [y is sentient.]

pick one

>implying you can't love your property and exploit it for money
>implying making money off it doesn't make you love it more
come on dude, try harder

>show me peer reviewed studies
nutritionfacts.org
>i dont care, meat is tasty
i don't care your little daughter is sexy

Are you implying you cannot kill plants?

>cats and dogs are domesticated

So only some animals are allowed to be owned, mutilated and deprived of their sexuality (neuter, spay). But others are not.

So you're a speciesist, that makes you a hypocrite, doesn't it?

Because its just zog trying to weaken the white race.

Oy vey! Whaddya need to be strong for! Leave that to those primitive negro's and go vegan!

>X doesn't kill his cat and sell it for money
>X protects his cat
>X loves his cat

pick three.

Cats are gross and wouldn't earn much.

I hate my current cats and would gladly sell them to some gook.

plants =/= sentient

we can only use the word "kill" when the thing we're killing is sentient.

>not understanding the difference between a family pet and a means of income
>implying pigs and cows are treated any differently from a family pet aside from they're not allowed to come inside the house
you can keep posting but you're only pointing out how out of touch with reality you are

I'm not a vegan because I don't give a fuck. Seriously. U mad brah?

I do what I want and what is best for me. Fuck everyone else.

No X snatches the cat from his/her mother when she was a kitten for his/her own personal plaything. How is that ethical?

>What's stopping you from going vegan?
Because it's impossible.

Fruit comes from the exploitation of insects - almost all fruit farms buy their pollinators in packs of 2-12, with colored stamps on their backs for easy ID of your slaves.

Grains are gathered by machines who slaughter animals as they gather the crops.
More animals died for your loaf of bread than for your steak.

Vegetables seem to be actually vegan, BUT pesticides kill thousands of animals. Even the organic vegetables still have pesticides used on them, just organic pesticides - which still kill more animals for a single carrot than a KFC kills in a week.

The only possible vegan foodstuff is mushrooms, but those grow on fertilizer and that comes from enslaved and tortured animals.

There is no possible way to be vegan.

get your head out of your pooper and see this again :