Food thread

what is the ultimate healthy/tasty food (meals in general) that is low calorie but also stuff you well ?
>good food that makes your cutting easy bc it's tatsty and varied

Other urls found in this thread:

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=0.5 pounds spinach
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mother

fucking

EGGS

80 calories, seems alright
Shrooms ?

bumpyng

If you can afford it, buy shrimp. God like macros, extremely tasty, low calorie. Other than that, i would try tuna.

chicken breast seasoned with spices

If you're cutting and are having crawings, i suggest eating some fresh tomatoes/cucumbers with salt. You will get full in less than 100kcals.

>1 cup plain greek yogurt
>1 scoop proton powder
>mix together

Basically protein pudding

For me I'm living off of tofu and fatfree/low fat dairy right now. Thing like cottage cheese and milk. Each of these have like 150 calories for a substantial volume of food while giving you 16 ish grams of protein.

Lentils and peas are good too, but if you eat too much you'll obviously shit yourself

The problem I have with things like meat and eggs is they often have higher fat so they contribute more calories too. It's feasible just not as easy.

Everyday

>what is the ultimate healthy/tasty food (meals in general) that is low calorie but also stuff you well ?
Potatos.

S P I C E S
P
I
C
E
S

You can go from honey garlic chicken to carribean jerk chicken real easily. You can also use it to change up your rice, instead of cooking it with just water use crushed tomatoes etc.

Its pretty tasty plus that casein whey combo

fucking this.
or tuna.
but i hate tuna.

so its chicken breast.

boil potatoes, steam veggies in a pan.
once the potatoes are done, drain off the water and toss them in the pan with the veggies. add spices of your choice. wa la.
easy, low in calories, no fat, medium on carbs, medium to high protein, depending on your choice of veggies.
tl;dr: just eat potatoes.

>potatoes
>low in calorie
thanks i guess

When I cook chicken is it bad to saute it in olive or vegetable oil? Will that add calories and fat? That's really what I'm trying to avoid

OR should I just bake/grill everything

For any vegans on here that need a good after-workout meal, here's what I'm having today (you can modify the herbs, I like them stronk but...):
>Brown rice
>Lightly steamed chard and spinach
>Beyond brand chicken strips chopped up (however many you want for your protein needs).
>half cup of celery, two tablespoons fresh ginger, one clove garlic, fresh lemon basil, sea salt, juice from two limes, some olive oil OR sunflower seeds, all blended with just enough water to make a thick sauce.
>Heat everything up together and then add sauce cold with a few spoons of chia seeds on top.
If you adjust the olive oil and salt to your specific needs, it's just really high in fiber, protein, vitamins etc. Sometimes I switch out the sauce for guacamole and throw in chopped tomatoes/salsa.

Oils are generally pretty high in calories, especially olive oil.
Yes, stick to grilling. Luckily I like grilled chicken most.

are you implying they're not? 1kg has about 800kcal. 1kg of rice has about 3500kcal. same with pasta.

Olive oil is higher in calories, but it's also very good for you in reasonable servings. Vegetable oil is not.

I could do this with regular chicken i guess

i eat chicken, lamb, beef, fish, eggs, goat and buffalo cheese, all them veggies, rally dark chocolate, plenty of fruit and some nuts when cutting. also grass fed butter and olive oil, herbs and ginger.
and i'm not even into paleo or keto, i just like to keep my carbs below 100 grams a day. works for me.

I just don't have a grill man

This
Why is chicken breast so filling?
Also
>eggs
Good way to fuck your cut

Olive oil has the same calories as any other plant based oil.

you realize that you have to boil the rice and it will be more than two thirds water afterwards? which makes it basically equal to potatoes.

Fish
All kinds
Tuna steaks are bomb senpai

you obviously never cooked rice. or potatoes. definitely one of those two options.

FUCKING SECOND

Whole milk (not fucking GOMAD)

drink a few cups of this shit and you won't be hungry for hours

plus it's got the most complete protein, fats, vitamins, and if you can tolerate lactose it's based

b-but i did, senpai...
why? enlighten me!

Spinach is good, a half pound of spinach has less than 300 calories and over 50 grams of protein. Toss that shit in a blender with ice, banana, powdered peanut butter, maybe some cinnamon or vanilla extract. Ooo-la-la!

green vegetables, frozen or fresh

dude. maybe dried spinach. the fresh one has about 15 grams per 500 grams.
>nutritional advice on fit
>always a pleasure

Wat. Spinach has 23 kcals per 100 grams, which means half a poon would be ~75 kcals and stunning 7 grams of protons.

according to MyFitnessPal, 500g of potatoes (uncooked) equals 100g of rice (uncooked), caloric-wise. 100g of rice will amount to somewhere around 250g when cooked.
on top of that, those 250g will only amount to ~1/3 of the capacity the potatoes have.

Fuck your cut with eggs that have like no carbs? Really? C'mon

High carb, low fat vegan diet

If we follow what wolfram alpha tell us about spinach
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=0.5 pounds spinach

>less than 300 calories
true

>over 50 grams of protein
false

Tons of fat though

and fat isn't what fucks up your cut. do you guys still live in the fucking 90's?

My point exactly. It's the fucking carbs man.

Im on a 50/30/20 P/F/C

Fat has 9 calories per gram

Fats in general are easy to consume

This destroys the cut

But user, fat makes you fat. Everyone knows that!

>chicken
how the fuck are you seasoning it because no matter what I do its only filling because im eating awful meat

Chicken, eggs, green leafy veggies for the volume, and a whole fruit or two are the best, but variety is important too. It's not tough, just try to limit low nutrition food to less that 10 percent of your daily diet.

bacon and cabbage

basically a wok right ?

try slicing it really thin and fry it in a pan till crunchy.
or make a curry with some coconut milk, chicken, yellow curry powder, chili, garlic and ginger.
sprinkle some spring onions on top, serve on rice and you're set. except you wanna do basically no fat, then you'll have to force down the dry stuff.

How do you guys cook your rice, I've been eating plain basmati rice and its getting to me

dude, you should, it's awesome

are you the guy who answered me for the red marks on my back ?

makes me fart for the rest of the day..
i used to drink that shit a lot until last year. so sad i cant' anymore

except i'm not using any oils. i just throw my deep-frozen and / or canned veggies into the pan and steam them on low heat.

sounds
fucking
DELICIOUS

>wa la
>not "voila"

Daily reminder that whole wheat bread is not white flour-free. White flour is used, in a lower percentage, so that the dough is not heavy. I work as a baker, so trust me in this.

yeah man that seems super good !

is bread kryptonite ? i like that shit a lot :(

you can cook it in water

It's not, user. I eat bread every week(sometimes each day a week), for the last year and I went from 242lbs to 165lbs. It's all about calories in vs calories out.

it is.
grate some ginger and some garlic, put it into a pan and fry it in something like peanut or coconut oil. don't let it get brown, put the diced chicken breast in it (you can also use stuff like chicken wings or drumsticks, fattier, but also tastes better and makes the sauce thicker).
fry the chicken with the garlic and the ginger until it gets a bit brown, then put the curry powder and some thinly sliced chili on it. fry for about another minute, then pour water on it. let it boil, pour the coconut milk in it and salt it and let it simmer until the meat is soft.
nice and easy and can be prepared in advance because it tastes even better when warmed up.

thanks chef

A george foreman is like 20 bucks now

Hey guys, have you tried shrimp and black bean soup? It's really simple to make, and I just add more beans and ground turkey meat for more chunk.

What are some other good lean recipes with a low carb count? I don't like just grilling chicken and fish every day.

1 egg is ~70 kcal
Now times that by 3, add a cup of spinach and and fry that shit up with a low cal non stick spray and you got a filling breakfast for under 250 kcal

I buy thin slice bread and eat that with all natural peanut butter after every work out
1 slice=45 cal with 9g carbs so it all come out to about 180 calories and 20g carbs