Do I cut calories or carbohydrates to lose fat?

Do I cut calories or carbohydrates to lose fat?

Other urls found in this thread:

cell.com/cell-metabolism/abstract/S1550-4131(15)00350-2
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17406924
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/103/3/738
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/62/1/19.abstract
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1047279702002600
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Calories you fucking retard. Read the sticky.

I did. I'm finding stuff online that says carbohydrates are the ones to be cutting.

people like to cut some carbs because it makes dieting easier and you don't really need a ton of carbs, but the main point is that calories go down.

They are wrong. You can go zero carb if you want, but if your calorie intake is still the same you won't lose a single pound. You'll just have mad food cravings and end up binging carbs.

>tfw no kawaii gf

Neither! You do more sets and more reps faggot.

The one irrefutable rule of weight loss: To lose weight, you need to eat fewer calories than you burn. It literally CAN'T work any other way.

Cutting carbs is one way to achieve that. Specifically, you are addicted to SUGAR (not all carbs in general) and like any addiction, it causes you to consume more and more of it. So breaking that addiction via a low-carb/ketogenic diet will help you to eat less calories overall.

carbs = calories you fucking moron

>all the people in this thread who haven't seen the studies from the last few years where carbs produce more fat than proteins in equal caloric amounts

do you retards actually think your body can use all of the calories you put into it? like, you don't think you ever piss/shit out something your body can't handle cause there's too much?

1g of carb = 4 calories you dumb fuck

Dude, so are you for or against low carbs? Get to the point

Reducing your carbs is a good idea since you need a minimum protein and fat intake that will probably take up most of your calories during a cut. But once you hit those, the remaining discretionary calories are up to you. You can have all of them be carbs if you want, or go full keto and have nothing but fats and proteins.

She's caked in tons of make up and probably got lots of plastic surgery. Asians like that are an invention.

If you shit out what you didnt need then I could pizza buffet every day and be 8% BF.
your body will store energy for future use as FAT but it will not do this with everything like say....Vitamins and minerals.

Cut your wrist open, either fat or mass will leak out, either way its what you wanted OP.

the nutritional advice in the sticky is broscience.

not true

too simple, not the whole equation

you lose fat the most efficient way when you lower your insulin levels. which you are doing by lowering your carb intake and keep your protein moderate.
it has a bunch of advantages:
better satiety, a still working metabolism, higher energy levels than on a low calorie diet, less muscle loss and some other pretty good stuff.
you'll still have to eat at a slight deficit, tho. but not as much as on a calorie reduced diet, because your body has it's furnace going 24/7 on a low carb high fat diet.
one tip from me: don't listen to the read-the-sticky-morons regarding nutrition.

Both

You realize you can't cut one without cutting the other you literal retard???

It's worth mentioning as well that there are two conversations happening but people seem to be confusing them, how to lose weight (fewer lbs) versus how to lose fat (lower bf%).

It's funny that when people try to argue that calories in/calories out doesn't "count", all their arguments boil down to "well some small factors can have a minor influence on your caloric intake/expenditures, therefore you shouldn't even try". It's classic fatty logic, and completely retarded AND BTFO by science.

that's not true in any way shape or form

not OP but you can cut either of carbs, protein, or fat from a diet in order to reduce calories. For example there are 130 calories in a tablespoon of oil, but zero carbohydrates.

Yes keep eating the same calories and replace it with more fats/protein.

Youll be aesthetic in no time

i won't discuss this with any of you morons again.
just some points that might get you to think:

why does a body store fat?
because of insulin, mostly. insulin isn't a bad thing, it's also what makes your muscles grow.
but insulin gets your metabolism in an "anabolic" state, which means your body builds up.
and that also means that it's reluctant to lose, in fact insulin "blocks" the fat cells from being emptied.
if you eat a low calorie, high carb diet you lose weight, sure. but in an inefficient way that makes a lot of people feel like shit and lose their muscle mass, for example. that's why fatties look so bizarre after they lost weight on a calorie reduced diet. the fat is still dangling around, but they are skeletons underneath. makes it hard to keep the low weight, because your metabolic rate obviously goes down with the loss of lean mass.

if you aim to reduce the insulin levels in your body (by reducing carbs) on the other hand, you'll get into a catabolic metabolic state.
which means your body loses.
now the trick is to eat sufficient good fats.
they won't trigger an insulin response, so your body will metabolize them on-the-spot, because it is hard for it to store fat without said insulin.
if you eat more fat than you need at any particular moment, you literally poop it out (which is fucking disgusting, i know what i'm talking about). at the times you don't eat your body has to look for another energy source, because the storage of glycogen is really reduced. if you get "fat adapted", it'll use your body fat when not fed. that's why a ketogenic diet with IF works best for actual fat loss.

take home message: the average of calories you can consume on a moderate protein, low carb and high fat diet is way higher than on an carb and protein based reduced calorie diet because the storage mechanisms of your body are by far not that functional.
the caloric plus leads to better energy, better performance at the gym and better overall well being.

If you're cutting carbs, YOURE ALSO CUTTING CALORIES HOLY SHIT.

This is, of course, assuming you are holding all other things constant.

Behold the dieter's golden rules of thumb:
1g carbs = 4 calories
1g fat = 9 calories
1g protein = 4 calories

This is really interesting, thanks for sharing sempai

Except you can. Bring carbs down, bring other macronutrients up to bring up calories.

you are welcome.

but keep in mind that very low carb diets are best for people who have a lot of excess body fat.
if you only want to shed a few kilos or want to give it some time, for example for loose skin to adapt, you are fine with a diet below 100 grams of carbs. just keep eating good fats and the right amount of protein.
this way of eating is also way more sustainable in everyday life. you're craving a big mac like crazy? go and eat it. it's roughly 50 grams of carbs per piece. just gotta watch what you eat during the rest of your day, also i'd recommend to watch your caloric intake more closely on this kind of low carb nutritional approach.

You do realize all macronutrients are insulinogenic right? I understand where you're coming from and you're probably right, as far as heavier people with lots of fat is concerned. But I got to 10% body fat on a flexible diet, with high protein, moderate carbs, and lower fat intake. I probably still ate around 100-ish grams of carbs daily. If not more. I was under 1500 calories daily also. TDEE was close to 2800 with my cardio.

oh yes, i do. but it is important to what degree, though. also my explanation was a very simple one and i don't want to claim that different approaches don't work, not at all.
what is important for me is that people get that there is a lot more going on in the body than thermodynamics and that a calorie is not a calorie, because the effect of a calorie depends on what the complex system, your body, does with it.
congrats on the 10% btw.

Thanks breh. And I wasn't dissing your explanation by any means. You seem knowledgeable enough

Honest question bros:

How bad is Subway? Specifically chicken teriyaki foot long.

Also my weekly cheat meal is a bucket of 9 peices of chicken, eaten over 2 meals, every tuesday when I can watch Game of Thrones.

How much will these two fuck my diet up? My regular meal is 175g of chicken breast and broccoli+salad.

>for or against

dutch idiot detected

GUYS I REALLY WANT A JAPANESE GF BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE A SOLID JOB THEY ARE LOYAL

WHERE DO I GET ONE? I'M KIND OF LONELY

>has it's furnace going 24/7

Jesus Christo

Everyone says this but it doesn't make them any less fucking kawaii desu senpai chan

>and that also means that it's reluctant to lose, in fact insulin "blocks" the fat cells from being emptied.
That's what's seen in a petri dish, but it would be oversimplifying things in the whole organism. Lack of insulin and glucose also induces a hypothalamic stress response that decreases sympathetic drive into adipose. The net effect is less fat oxidation, less defense of lean mass (ie more proteolysis and protein oxidation) on low carbohydrate diets.

cell.com/cell-metabolism/abstract/S1550-4131(15)00350-2

Dietary protein is also highly insulinogenic, the higher quality ones as much as pure glucose, and is very important for lean body mass preservation and energy partitioning during a caloric deficit.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17406924
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/103/3/738

>they won't trigger an insulin response, so your body will metabolize them on-the-spot, because it is hard for it to store fat without said insulin.
It's easy to store fat without the presence of insulin via acylation stimulating protein.

>if you eat more fat than you need at any particular moment, you literally poop it out (which is fucking disgusting, i know what i'm talking about)
I don't think you do. It's not hard to give people a hypercaloric amount of fat and watch them gain weight. You probably had food poisoning and that's not a sustainable method of weight loss.

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/62/1/19.abstract
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1047279702002600

Retard who can't express himself properly. Nice

Shut your white whore mouth fucking roastie

Protein and carbs are 4 calories per gram. Fats are 9 calories per gram. This is nutrition 101.

If you want to decrease your daily calorie inntake then a good way of doing that is by cutting carbs

So you've never taken a grade 10 science class?

>how bad is subway?
>Weekly cheat meal of a bucket of 9 pieces of chicken
>Bucket

Breh.

iifym

Have a scientific argument then.
Carbohydrates are the basis of every single food chain on the planet because they're what plants produce during photosynthesis.

The human body is adapted to using them as a primary source of energy, so completely removing them can have negative effects including hunger and drowsiness.

Meanwhile, restricting all calories in general (meaning carbs, lipids, protein, and alcohol) while keeping a good balance between them will lead to reduced weight.

Source: My college biology textbook and the doctor teaching the class.

Just workout harder. Doesn't matter how many calories you intake then

>A.D. 2016
>he drinks alcohol

READ THE STICKY

Cutting carbs is grossly unhealthy. The fat you eat is the fat you wear, just cut the fat. Eat more fruit.

Cut calories, reduce carbs to about 30% of your caloric intake if it's higher than that.

I don't even really count calories. I just don't eat too much, and don't shitty food.

>Too simple

A theory is only too simple when it stops disagreeing with experiment. Show me a single person who gained weight on a caloric deficit.

If you cut out carbs your calories drop you reet

I felt pretty stupid at work today. Misunderstood what my boss asked me to do. Felt awful about it.

The I read your comment.

Thereishopeformestill.txt

Carbohydrates you fucking retard. Ignore the sticky.

Yes and no. Your body will store as much as it can as fat, and then shit out the rest. If you eat 10k calories a day, you might not get AS fat as the math says you should, but you will still get fat.

t. bio gen ed student