Whats Veeky Forumss average mile time

Whats Veeky Forumss average mile time
Im down to 11:11 from 20:00 (2 months ago)

you fucking scrub... jk I'm surprised by any sub-7 min mile times considering the "cardio kills gains" myth that fat powerlifters love to espouse

i cycle a mile around 2:50

it's faster than when I started at least.

Im not really too sure but i imagine im around 8 mins. I dont time myself when i run

When I did my mile test for my job, I clocked in at 6:21. Wasn't that winded

My fastest is 6:45

Super scrub here, 18:30. It is improving (down about a minute since Feb), and I can run about 50yds at a time now, but still too heavy and the shin splints kill me.

Always feel a little pissy listening to my younger brother bitch about getting old because his two-mile is above 11:30.

4:30min/km
Not really good with freedom units

My fastest mile time was 5:53. You fat fucks are out of shape.

20mins? I walk a mile in 15 lmfao.....

4 miles at 7:30/mile
Nothing to be proud of but it's better than being fat

Mine is 5:54 :'(
I was 5 feet 10 inches and 175 lbs at the time.

probably 12 minutes if i tried

1km = 0.625 miles so roughly 7:12min/mile

you're welcome

what's your mile time now?

I do 10 minute miles, but I'm completely pooped after just 2 miles

Steady pace (Going over 3 miles) is 7:00

Fastest 1.5 mile is 8:12

some of these times are fucking ridiculous. I walk 2 miles in 20 minutes.

I jog a 8:30 mile as a warmup before lifting.
Attempted 8 min last time and I came like 300m short because I didn't want to get too exhausted before squats.

I'm guessing I could go 7:30 maybe even lower if my life depended on it, but on a threadmill. How much easier is threadmill compared to real running?

Also I'm a smoker, so there's that.

3 minutes

Much, much, much easier. You aren't so much pushing your body forwards as jogging on the spot. Plus no undulating terrain or wind.

>walking at 6 miles per hour

My best mile is 5:42. I haven't really tried again in a long time. I usually just run a few at a leisurely 8 or 9 minute per mile pace.

So what should I estimate my mile time on a track to be?

It's my walk to the gym while I'm not on barracks. 20 minutes there, 20 back every time without fail

>tfw finally realize its a cosmic brownie

what a waste

They're bullshitting you. As long as the track is flat, the treadmill is very close to your actual time.

9:30 would be my guess. There's not really an equation

How long are your legs, 2 meters long?

when you run, make sure your feet land under your mass not infront of you, less force into your shins and more efficient

Nope. There's a reason phys tests are all on a road. The increase can vary from 30 seconds up to a minute or more depending on the individual. I can run a 4 minute mile on a treadmill, I'm not even close to that on a road or track

about 5:30. people tell me this is good but i don't know, can someone shed light?

No I just don't dawdle while I walk if I'm on my own

5:57 was my fastest a few years ago. Now I'm probably a little over 6, but I have more muscle now.

That's pretty fucking good.

I'd fucking say. 6mph is a jog for most people.

My best mile on a treadmill and outside differ by less than 5 seconds. 5:42 vs 5:45

I'd assume it's because of marching everywhere on camp. My regiment only ever quick marches, which is 140 paces per minute so I sort of just walk quick everywhere. The missus hates it

Everyone that I know that uses a treadmill, myself included, finds it much easier

Well maybe I'm just weird then.

About 8 minute mile for small distance, and 11 minute miles for any run over 5 miles

Ah, I see. That's both awesome and terrible at the same time.

literally how, cause i smoke (not heavily) and almost never do cardio. did a lot in my youth though, is that related?

7:12

It's a fucking pain in the arse for the first 6 weeks or so of doing it then it becomes the done thing. We get a lot of stick for it though off the other regiments.
Could well be, but it's probably to do with your muscular endurance more than anything. Good time either way

20 minute mile? what the fuck? Were you 350+ pounds????

thanks

Following a C25K program, currently only on day 4. Mile is about 12-13 min. I'm 6'2" and running has always been the bane of my existence. I've noticed my breathing techniques have improved drastically and I'm never winded or tired by the end of the run.

However I always check my pulse after a run / jog section and it's always around 160-170 BPM. I'm 24. Am I going to make it?

My fastest is 5:09. I want to break into 4 minutes but I don't give a shit about running anymore. Now it's all gym time for me.

5:38 as a 5'7 manlet ;)

same here, back when I rowed competitively

5:31 a month ago. was the last time I ran on a track

Mines 5:19 as of wednesday. I have a track finals tomorrow wish me luck

Holy shit you better start losing that weight... Fast

My fastest one mile is 5:40
My fastest mile while running consecutive miles is 6:20
You should be aiming for the upper 7 to low 8 minutes if you're trying to reach average male running time.

I went out at 5:30 in my 5k

2 min if on good road condition law abiding without traffic light or congestion

5:21

Mile is 1600m in track, so 1k is 2 and 1/2 laps, mile is 4 laps. Track itself is 400m

Just ran a sub 8 min mile for the first time in my life last Wednesday.

Keep it up, time and patience.

GL man

Shit, same here.

4:30.

Seriously OP, 20:00 for a mile is pretty bad. I could hop on one leg in maybe 10:00 or walk one easily in 16 to 17.

If you're just shuffling your feet and huffing and puffing to make it seem harder youre not going to get anything out of it. Just relax and jog and you'll probably run 8 or 9 minutes unless you're a paraplegic. I've known obese people that started and you just gotta let the fat jiggle and forget about it for 10-15 minutes.

>just jiggle with it

Obviously get your heart checked out by a doctor first.

Not sure what my 1 mile is anymore. Just ran a 12:47 on my pt test today tho

8 mins, but I'm fatty

Just hit a little under 8 minutes today

Can clock a few miles at 8:00, but I'm usually sticking around 9:00 for longer (>3 mi.) runs.

Not sure what my 1 mi. time, but I'd hope to be at least sub 6:30.

>mile times

Let's hear those 40 yard dashes you fat dyels.

Yeah that seems crazy, I regularly walk 2-3 miles and keep about an 18 minute pace, just walking...

When I rowed back in high school I ran a 5:50 in PE. I should've done it again later in the year because I was in even better shape and had been practicing for 2ks.

My mile is probably a mid to high 6 now.

>Treadmill to Real Running
I've heard the ratio of 1.1 to 1.3 for most people

So, if you're a 8 minute mile x 1.2 = 9.6 Minutes or about 9 minutes 30 seconds

Now, another thing I have heard was, if you run at 1% or 2% incline on a treadmill that'll reflect the wind/terrain differences. Try that out and see what you get.

175lb 6'1 fatty reporting in
best mile time for a consecutive mile I've had in my life was 3 years ago when I was 22. 6:45

now I can barely do 7:30, but I've been running no less than 2x a week or lifting 3x if its winter

>tfw the past month I've had a sprained ankle and had to forego any physical activity. Ran today and it hurt like hell, but I I'm determined to make it to get rid of my B cup mantits

the only upside now is since I'm a faggot the squats are paying dividends with my ass and upper legs

4:47. Was 6'0 155lbs at that time.

>175 6'1" fatty
How? At 6'1" 200 I look thin, at 190 I am emaciated

This guy knows what's up. 4:41 PR, gonna go set another one tomorrow

Former USMCfag here, have been really good at running ever since I started training for PFTs before boot camp, my fastest now is 4:46

Best I've done was a 7:30 on a treadmill which doesn't really count. I dropped 10 ish pounds since then and I'm keen to try and hit a lower time sometime soon

On a side note OP, control your breathing. Breathing is a big part of running, just time your breaths mentally, it'll give you a bit of distraction, works for me.

It takes me 20 min to run 3 miles. And I say I'm getting Use to. In high school I did 5min mile.

I always hit under 8:30 a mile on the treadmill, I never stay on for longer than 20 minutes. Ibuprofen has done wonders for my running, In February I struggled to get within 10 minutes. First part was breathing, then it was pain, and finally it was the motivation that I needed to solve. Music keeps me going, but without it I can't stand to go longer than a mile. 5'11" and 175lbs.

6:02 I believe. I'm more of an 800m runner though but that's obviously for competitions

7:25 is my best, but I have terrible asthma.

4:50
but im pretty sure i am faster now

For 5-12 miles I average 6:50-7:15 min. miles.

About where I was when I was 15 and I'm 22 now.

Feels mediocre desu

Around 9:30

I'm in my late 20's. I used to clock in at around 6:50-7:20 in my younger days.

Anyone know how I can sprint faster? I was chasing a Latina the other day and we had a solid gap. I couldn't catch up. But I definitely have the leg advantage

average is like 6:30, fastest was when I was a skinnyfag and it was like 5:55

>all these slow fuckers

Fastest mile as a skinny faggot in high school was 5:01

Haven't time'd mile in over 3 years since I started lifting. Probably like 7 minutes by now but whatever I'm fucking jacked so who gives a shit about how fast I can run 4 laps around a track

5:22 was my fastest, now at like 6:30+ probably

85% of the posters in this thread are shit. How can you live with yourself if you cannot even keep a consistent 9 mph pace? Have fun losing your child's abductor

Fastest as 5:04

Latest time is 6:49, goal is 5 or 6 min

1.5mile in 8mins 8min 30 on a bad day dont know my mile time.

Scrub here who recently started jogging

Is this mile time you guys are talking about something you can sustain over a long distance, or is it your benchmark time for completing a run over a distance of no longer than 1 mile?

I ran a 6 minute mile after running for about 3 months from not being able to run at all due to a sedentary lifestyle.

If you're only running a mile, anything over 7 mins is really easy.

Keep at it OP and if you're body protests due to being a fatfuck (mine did, got shin splints and sore knees first 2 months) do swimming or exercise bike as cross training

I haven't timed a mile since high school, but I used to run it like 6:55 for the fitness test

I either bike or run 3 times a week now so I'm sure my fastest mile would be decently faster

Never push my mile time but my mile pace for my fastest 5K was 6:18 mile (5K was 19:33)

28, 170 lbs

5:20 before I started lifting, after lifting for a year it's gone up to 5:40. My lifting gains have been slower than most people's though because I run so much.

Rifles?

M8 you can just jump up and down on a treadmill and run a mile, its not at all the same.

is that your walking time?
if not jesus man.... lose some weight that's pathetically slow

Haven't timed it exactly but my personal best kilometre is 3:00, which probably translated to around a 5 minute mile. The only exercise I do is cardio though.