What exactly is not clean about PIZZA?

What exactly is not clean about PIZZA?

Is it really only poor macronutrient composition? How is this an issue if you can just balance it out with your other meals?

Is there something more intrinsic about PIZZA that will make it rob your gains? GI???

Other urls found in this thread:

duckduckgo.com/?q=!g complex carb insulin
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Aside from the facts that pizza is high in calories, high in sodium, saturated fat and preservatives (these reasons alone are not enough to classify pizza as 'bad') pizza is generally made from white flour, a simple carbohydrate. White flour is a simple carbohydrate, metabolized in the same way as sugar. Briefly, these carbohydrates raise insulin levels and promote the storage of fat as adipose tissue. There is strong casual evidence between diets high in white flour and obesity, diabetes and other metabolic syndromes.

The fact that you're getting 30g-40g of carbs per slice maybe?

Is that Lana Del Rey

broscience

retard

It's momscience, mostly. Where burgers are bad, but 8 oz of meat, a side of veggies, and a slice of toast is magically good for you.

The macro ratio kinda sucks (high in both fats and carbs) and the calorie density is high. That's really it.

i'm actually a chemist. nice contribution though

not an argument

I think Veeky Forums's problem with pizza is how they eat it. Veeky Forumsizens never have just a slice or two while at a party, they are always buying whole large pizzas to eat by themselves.

White bread is bad.
White bread with lots of fats are.

Maybe American pizzas retard.

Thin crust pizzas from most well known brands are not that bad.

> not getting whole wheat crust from mama papoli's

In Italy pizza (I'm talking about real pizza, not frozen shit) has no preservatives, no real saturated fats (the amount of cheese is 1/20 of the cheese used in merkin variants, in real pizzeria only real mozzarella is used and not that much), pretty poor on sodium/salt and there's quite a distinction on white flour. In Naples the pizzaiuolo told me that if a customer speaks english, he bakes a pizza using "00 flour" (that is, white superfine pastry flour). In Italy flours are classified as "00", "0", "1" and "2". "00" is the most refined and intended to be used for cakes. "2" is the "wholest". "00" is not exactly the "all purposes" flour used in US.
For italian-speaking customers, he never uses 00 flour; he'd rather use the "1" flour (somewhat in-between the first-clear and high gluten flour), or a mixture of "1" and "0" flour.
So, the flour used is not that "white".

Ask Chad

STACEY eats PIZZA with CHAD while YOU fap off to censored JAPANESE women.

why CAPS
are CAPS the new MEMEARROW?

this, i live in italy and i can confirm, real pizza is great

pizza can be made in a bunch of different ways, but there's nothing inherently bad about a mix of flour, tomatoes, cheese, meat and vegetables.

Calories are all that matter. Make it work.

I really can't understand how people can crave this low quality garbage. Ever since I cut that shit out of my diet, and started eating home-cooked meals, even a whiff of fast food can make me feel like puking.

>Calories are all that matter.

Only if you don't give a shit about your health.

sounds like you were eating shit tier pizza. real pizza isn't "fast food"

Fast food generally isn't terrible here, and I've found a way to get decent macros at most places so it doesn't spoil things too much.

I just get mad at having to spend so much money on junk when I could get a kilogram of chicken breast for the same.

>real pizza isn't "fast food"

I love tryhards like this one. Suddenly they stop enjoying shit because they're all fit and healthy now.

Idk m8, eating one right now. While you guys sweat at the gym.

have been to italy, can confirm best pizza

Fast food is terrible everywhere, it's not about the macros, it's about the micronutrients.

Pizza (and most "Italian" foods) as we know of it today was created through media subliminal messaging to be the unhealthiest food possible by the CIA to keep second and third generation Italians fat and lazy to curb their rapidly growing influence in politics. It is the same with Guinness which was created by a Catholic-hating Protestant to subdue the Irish race.

Yeah, I'm a tryhard because enjoy I don't low quality food.

Try 6 months of eating quality, home-cooked meals, then go buy a burger and see how much you like it, retard.

because I don't enjoy*

Kill yourself you pretentious shit

I've been eating healthy for 5 years now. I never enjoyed burgers, but I still like pizza.
You are a tryhard, because you pretend not to like things you used to like, just because someone said they are unhealthy. Which might as well be true, but their taste doesn't change.

I make my own pizza, and it's quite healthy.
I also don't eat the whole fucker in one sitting.

Fucking idiot. Sounds like you ate pizza every fucking day or what.

the pizza you typically get in america is a completely different beast than what you get in most of europe.

>don't eat the whole fucker in one sitting.

where is the fun in that?

>I just get mad at having to spend so much money on junk when I could get a kilogram of chicken breast for the same.

yeah this why I cut pizza/fast food out

you seriously save so much fucking money if you never buy takeout. i hate to think about how much i've spent on it in the past. its a complete waste.

i'm not even on a strict diet or that in shape, im just cheap as fuck

There's nothing wrong with eating a pizza. Just don't make it your literal fucking diet. Anyone autistic enough to cut out every single food that isn't 100% clean from their diet isn't gonna make it anyway.

IIFYM

Biologically, what's the difference in the metabolism of simple carbs vs. complex carbs? If they all turn into blood glucose (quickly or slowly) and spike insulin, won't they contribute equally to fat/muscle storage? Do complex carbs not spike insulin as much?

>Do complex carbs not spike insulin as much?
Complex carbs are more slowly digested and therefore won't spike insulin.
>duckduckgo.com/?q=!g complex carb insulin
First result.

Gracias, amigo. Have some booty

I have some pizza every week end. You never know when junk'll be the only food you can eat so I keep a little bit in my diet so my body still knows what it is and doesn't get sick if I eat some

Maybe the cheese and carbs fucking fgt?

>waah waah my favourite food is not unhealthy you're WRONG

oil and white flour you fucking retard

Eating clean is a meme. Just ingest the right amount of protein and calories.

yea basically this, only time you should have a strict diet macroing everything is when ur trying to go down to 6 percent bodyfat for a reason, like competition model shot boxing macth

Milanofag,I'd love a Naples Pizza

YOU count your MACROS and SHITPOST between DROPSETS while JUANCARLO eats PRIMO NAPOLI NUMERO 1 FLOUR PIZZA and then NUZZLES his SALAMI inside your TFWnoGF's ARMPIT while using your AMAZON PRIME account on YOUR IPAD

GYM HARD

HOOOOOLY fucking KEK

40 KEX

dude i never liked fast food or candy as a child but ive grown to like them as an adult, its a fact that i feel shit if i eat nothing but mcdonalds ill feel shit throughout the day but filling less than half of your daily calorie intake out of fast food once or twice a week is nothing

also pizza and burgers can be healthy and delicious just the same way as salad can be unhealthy

That was a whole new level of shitposting

>Spending >45 minutes to make food
>Fast

The dough may be shit and the ingredients people add on top may be junk, but a pizza made from scratch is not fucking fast.

wow so much butthurt and mad

the guy these plebs are mad at is more like myself and no doubt others, in the do or die mentality.

Since I began cutting out junks I'm the same. I'm sensitive to the grossness of the sheer excess of oils and fats you find in 'normal' foods because I'm not stuffing my face with them everyday like the ameritards from r9k who are losing it here.

The pleasures are now found in small amounts of nice dark chocolates, some fruits and even certain veg. Not in a bag of greasy crisps and sugary cereals.

But then as I'm not a bitch I started turning up my nose at any drink that wasn't water from age 3-4 (until reaching adulthood and adding coffee and tea and some alcohol delivery systems) ... probably from yogi / animal instinct you despicable gluttons are unable to comprehend

>1987
>not smelling the wrongness of industrial carbonation in your drink
>not refusing fatahol drinks of all varieties

get on my level you worthless easily led sacks of sugar-jonesing shit

You know why humans are great? Because we're good at adapting.

You adapt to the food you eat and even the bacterias inside you change based on what you eat and they influence what you crave.

If you live on Subway and McDonalds you may end up having issues processing "normal" food.

While complex carbs raise your insulin over a longer period of time, and yes simple carbs raise insulin over a short amount of time, the scale in which we use to determine this is a slightly biased scale towards those who have a heightened sensitivity to insulin, i.e. patients with diabetes.

This scale im refering to is the GI index, or glucose index...i think. How the scale works, is a predetermined sugar is compared against each food on the scale. So sugar, or chemically C6H12O6 (glucose) is given a GI index of 100. It is the standard measurement. So, an example would be oats, unprocessed, untreated, rolled oats. whatever. would have a GI index of 17. That example is totally arbitrary, but you get the idea. Many people follow this scale, and to an extent, is accurate, but should not be taken too seriously. It is a good guideline.

also been to Guido land. Florence has some dank pizza pie my potato

recipe?

you are eating a pizza while browsing a fitness image board?

There's a big difference between frozen pizza, deep fried in oil, and hand tossed, whole grain pizza with freshly made tomato sauce.

DYEL bro? How would eating a calorie dense food like pizza rob you of your gains? Lift fucking harder and you'll be eating whole pizzas so that you can stay over maintenance.

stop pretending you cuck.

TOP KEEEEEEK

a lot of complex carbs are also filled with micronutrients

>muh italian pizza

I've had pizza in multiple places in Italy. It isn't anything to really write home about.

I'm from NJ, and in all honesty, the pizza in the NY-NJ area is genuinely superior in terms of quality and variety.

just fucking lol

how do you guys come up with this shit

u call those soggy ass pices of cardboard topped with mountens of chese "genuinely superior"
and for variety i can just say anything more then tomatoes mozerella and 1 topping is trash automaticly

I'm not talking about toppings, dumbass.

There's thin and thick crust, sicilian, grandma-style, Margherita, etc.

I know you're probably a dumbass tourist who bought some disgusting soggy mess from one of those arab run $1 slice shitholes in Manhattan and all of a sudden you're an authority on New York pizza.

sounds like some quality fat-logic right there

>thick crust
pls die

>High test crust

holy shit i'm crying

>sidesinonblivion.jpeg

>the plebs in here that think saturated fats are bad

Make the pizza yourself, no preservatives, you know very accurate macros, and fast metabolizing carbs right after training are good for you. For a post-workout pizza is a good meal, not bad...
Also don't be so pickey. Fitness and Health are not an exact science. Healthy and Unhealthy are realtive to the amount you choose to consume...

Just don't eat frozen-pizza, it's probably full of weird chemicals and transfats.

And use a fork and knife ffs, don't be a barbarian!

years of research and several giant organizations such as the american heart association aren't just making shit up. shill harder meat and dairy industry fag

look dude I'm a capitalist but even I know those groups lobby the fuck outta people to say that carbs and sugar aren't the enemy

if you want high test you gotta consume saturated fat

trans fats can suck a dick tho senpai

It's new lifter syndrome.

Simple vs complex doesn't matter nearly as much as where you're getting your carbs from.

Anything that's processed is garbage, getting the simplest of simple carbs from fruit, which contains fibre and phyto nutrients that slow digestion/absorption, will be incrementally better than eating complex carbs from processed foods. No broscience here.

Eat whatever the fuck you want and lift consistently and heavy. You won't look any different than the queers who are slaves to their diet

We're splitting hairs anyway, show me anything that says this makes more than like 5% of a difference, I mean geez guys, it's not that hard to eat right

>Thinking bf% + aesthetics and health are the same thing

Sure thing, friend. Enjoy your heart disease.

>still thinking macros are more important than micros.

Eat whole, unprocessed foods.

That's all that matters.

This is not true at all. Go eat nothing but carbs and you won't get anywhere.

lol, great advice.

You'll be fat as fuck and look like a power lifter... probably just look fat as fuck.

Wrong

>What exactly is not clean about PIZZA?

Are you literally fucking retarded?

Fuck off pizza is an American invention

betas dont realize that PIZZA is the source of MAGICAL GAINS. They're so deluded into "clean eating" that they dont realize that Chad gets all his gains from PIZZA.

There's literally nothing wrong with homemade pizza.

Also, you don't necessarelly need to use all that olive oil and even could use part whole grain flour.

Maybe with that fucking disgusting american pizzas. A classic "pizza a la piedra" has 130 g of CH the whole thing.

See
Seriously americans why the fuck your foods are so fucking callorie-dense. Do you put sugar on everything?

Italian here. You had "pizza in multiple places in Italy"? It literally means nothing.
You have to taste pizza in Napoli, baked by a real Italian.
Especially in Northern Italy (and in most "for tourist" restaurants) pizzas aren't baked by Italians any more. Not even kidding, many pizzerias are owned by Egyptians. Italians do not want to do that job any more.

So, before even trying to claim yourself as an expert of "Italian Pizza", you have to
i) taste a real pizza
ii) baked in a real, traditional oven
iii) by an Italian
iv) in Naples

Pizza is just few ingredients and the quality of these has to be top tier. Claiming that in US the quality of these traditional ingredient is any way superior is simply inane.

>simple carbohydrate. White flour is a simple carbohydrate, metabolized in the same way as sugar. Briefly, these carbohydrates raise insulin levels and promote the storage of fat as adipose tissue.
Lmao, man, this is broscience as fuck.

You must walk the holy path

>he doesn't make his own pizzas
Plebs not welcome