Wide or narrow squat

What does Veeky Forums prefer wide or narrow stance when squating.
I've always done narrow, thinking I might start doing wide because I feel it in my gluteus more and less in my knees

Moderate to wide. I lack the ankle mobility to get to depth with a narrow stance without just about bouncing my chest off my knees.

It's not about preference; i have to squat with a wide stance because my femurs are long AF. You manlets have it so easy

Yea I feel I lack in depth on my squats been lifting lighter to get a better form and get deep but still don't like my depth

>Can't squat because inflexible
>Anyone who can squat must be manlet

Post a pic, manlet.

narrow but i'm going through an atg phase and i can't go atg with a wide stance, maybe my mobility is shit but i can't physically do it, my feet can't be more than about 1.5 ft apart. when i do normal depth squats my stance is pretty wide though

Depends on your limb proportions.

I have shit long femurs, if I want to highbar squat, I have to take a shoulder-width stance AND point my feet out 45°.

Front squats I do hip width and feet pointed out.

Lowbar, I can do almost any stance, so far it seems shoulder width + feet almost straight works best.

I'm a manlet and have long femurs.

6'3" now how about you post a pic

i watched an omar isuf video where he talks about how it's determined by how big your hips are

I warm up with high bar squat, doing about 5-10 rep sets. Just find what's the best stance for your feet placement, squatting is a natural motion and you should not have to think too much about it. When I move on to higher weights I change to low bar squat and do 1-5 rep sets, here, the same thing with the form, it should come to you naturally, but obviously because you are going to use your buttocks and back more, you just first stick your ass out before going as deep as you can.

For better gains, learn to really go ass to grass and do shit like pausing for 5 seconds in the squatting position before rising back up, it's gonna develop your strength and legs way more than doing shitty half squats with shitty form ever will

it depends on your skeletal proportions and how your joints, particularly hips, are constructed. there are some people who regardless of how flexible the muscles are, but are never able to squat to depth or do the splits. you need to experiment to find what works best for you. if you can't squat narrow, squat wide. point your feet out. try lots of things. that doesn't mean you should give up on achieving the textbook squat. keep at it. you might get lucky and be able to do it.

Wide. I prefer my knees unsnapped.

>calls guy manlet and demands pic
>guy proves he's not manlet
>retard won't post a pic of himself
Manlet confirmed, that or your a dyel faggot

How does a picture of you holding a woman who appears to be your height prove that you're 6'3?

Wide stance just outside shoulder width highbar with toes about 15degrees.

It better for my long femur leverages and I can hit depth.

I'm not guy you were arguing with, I don't even know what the argument is about and I totally am a manlet, I was just wondering why you would pick that photo.

I don't know, I don't have a measuring tape I can stand next to and prove it. It's obvious I'm not a manlet by looking at the pic, how does shit posting and calling others manlets without posting a picture of yourself make you anything but a little dyel bitch?

It was the first pic that showed up in choose a file with my full body showing

6'1 here and I squat narrow. A lot of the 90kg+ weightlifters will do the same and hey aren't short. (Only the weight classes below this are manlet tier)

I prefer slightly wider than shoulder length. It's where my feet feel natural, doesn't hurt the knees, and I can use the heaviest weight.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about you idiot.

There are many manlets above 90kg you scrub.

The current 105kg total record holder is 5'8.
The current 94kg total record holder is 5'9.

There are also many more non record holders who are very good at these weight classes that are manlets.

The optimal squat is dependant upon your proportions, not because some meme lifter is a narrow stance so you should do it too.