Red pill me on cheat days

Red pill me on cheat days.
I've always seen them as an excuse undisciplined people use to eat like shit. Are there any biological, muscle building, or fat burning benefits to them?

Other urls found in this thread:

chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/08/if-youre-not-cheating-youre-not-trying.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you have autism.

/thread

>cheat days

are an eating disorder, most people indulging in them probably have autism spectrum issues as well. a mentally healthy person would neither completely forsake nor gluttonously overindulge in good foods like alcohol, steak, chocolate, etc. they would simply have a small portion in addition to their 90% healtyh diet

/thread

It's a strategy for helping you stay disciplined. Like all strategies, it's effectiveness depends upon the situation and the individual. Some people can stick to their diet plan better if they don't have to be strict all the time. Some people do better if they are strict all the time. Do which ever one works for you.

you are less likely to mess up if you reward yourself every once in a while. It gives motivation to stick to your goals. See how long you'll go cutting everything in one day, and forever

Not OP, but related question: Realistically speaking, let's say I'm cutting at 2200 TDEE -500 so 1700 cal per day. Then I visit my parents for a holiday and end up consuming 6000 cal in one day (12 course meals, plus cakes plus mom throws a tantrum whenever I don't have a fork with food in my mouth). How much of that will be retained by my body, and how much I'll piss/shit out and don't need to worry about? I'm trying to estimate the cal intake for the week following.

THE CHAD eating literal PIZZA while YOU have cheat days

+4300

What if chads eating pizza are just Veeky Forums or their cheat day??....

They can be useful as a reward after a month or so of dieting, but you're better off not doing them.
Try without, if you really can't diet without them, then add them in every now and then. Make sure that you don't go overboard like in the pic though.

if you have shitty willpower they can be a necessary evil

I let myself eat at maintenance or a small surplus when I'm cutting maybe once every 7-10 days. Small rewards for good work on the way to the goal
cheat days where you pig out on 2000+ calories surplus are just bad discipline.

No way.. I don't think body can process that much calories in single day.. can it?

So basically they are just for mentally weak people who think dieting is hard? There is no biological benefit to them?

what if yo momma

checkm8 m8

1 cheat day a week is 52 days a year. That's basically a month and a half of eating shit.

Think of the extra gains/progress you could make user

No wonder you're fat.

??

How do people get fat, then? Unless you're purging, that energy has to go somewhere

cheat day is bodybuilding magazine tier bullshit advice. dont bother if you're natty.

I'd assume we shit out a lot of nutrients.. even if someone eats 3500 calorie excess a day, doesn't mean they'll gain 30 lbs per month...

After this semester ends I plan on taking a couple days and eating at around 6000 calories and working out a huge amount with at least 5 hours of various cardio activities. will that count as a cheat day?

Cheat days are stupid, just IIFYM

just enjoy yourself once in a while, and benefit from replenished energy. do a strength training session on this temporary surplus, it will feel amazing

I'm actually skellymode, 155lb at 5'11". The only member of my family under 200lbs. I triathlon, but my family sees me as dying skeleton and feels obliged to feed me to death whenever I visit.

So why the fuck are you cutting

yeah, it does

your body removes waste, it's not going to shit out ENERGY

It's a shitty excuse to fuck up nearly all the progress you made that week.

I do that too once in a while. I'm mainly going to try to work on things like endurance and being able to perform strength activities while cardiovascular tired.

just check out how many calories olympic swimmers eat, I'm sure the human body can handle more than that.

Cheat days is whats keeps me sane. I used to look forward to friday now i look forward to cheat day. No, i don't eat chips, soda and pancakes. I might do a double serving of pasta with some grated cheese, i might pop some popcorn or make a a huge sweetpotatoe enchiladas.
Just like when i was a kid i could only have candy on Saturdays. Which meant i only ever ate candy on saturdays. Same thing now.

>user! You're so strict with your diet
>Why don't you have cheat days?
>Like, every Friday dinner just pig out on a big pizza or takeaway
>Y'know, to replenish you mentally and keep morale up
>Your body needs occasional bad stuff to reset and remember what makes up "good stuff"

I had this conversation earlier today and have had variations of it for a long time.
If I really want something, and I mean REALLY want it, I'll have it.
And even then it's not going to be deep-fried Mars bars or anything. (Pic related)

Why can't normies see dedication without seeing deprivation?

Cheat DAYS, no. Cheat MEALS, yes.

chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/08/if-youre-not-cheating-youre-not-trying.html

I can't do it, my willpower is too weak. I might thing "whats wrong with just a few days sooner?" or "why not just one more?".

I was raised by my fat ass grandmother to be a fat ass kid, like "clean the plate or don't leave the table". Gluttony has been ingraned in me since before my memories started. I've got a bad foundation.

I had to cut things out of my diet one at a time, cold turkey, to stick with it, because my bad habits with food run so deep.

I'm still not finished. I've lost 60 pounds from my max weight, but my arms are still too thin and I still have a noticeably big gut.

I'm working on it, though.

The closest I come to cheating on what I've already phased out, is that I'll sometimes drink gatoraid. I used to drink Dr. Pepper all day, now I've switched to water almost exclusively.

That was 32 of them.

I've never needed a cheat day. It's just an excuse for people with no will power.

>that gif
perfect

Cheat days are disgusting.

It's like a recovering heroin addict giggling about having a "cheat day" as he shoots up. There's no such thing as a fucking cheat day. It's weakness and a lapse in self-discipline.

Ok friend, i know you just started lifting a year ago but calm down. Good luck with your lifetime of fitness without having cheatmeals!