I'm done with bodybuilding

Can't wait to quit bodybuilding.
Cancelled my gym membership, sold my home gym, and threw away all of my supplements.

Such a waste of time. And for what? It's completely unnecessary and serves no purpose.
Muscles are not needed, especially in today's society where the intellect, personality, and face reigns supreme.

To be honest, the "bodybuilding lifestyle" seems almost like a childish endeavour at this point, and I don't mean any disrespect, but it seems like the most serious lifters (asides from guys who are legit bodybuilders/fitness models/elite athletes but they represent a very low % of dedicated lifters) are also the people with nothing else going on in their lives.
I know this was true with me, I was biggest and most serious about lifting when I was still in uni, working only 15 hours a week, and pretty much just plucking around all the time, going out, with no real responsibilities.

The most jacked guys I see are baby faced roiders trying to pick up ugly girls in the clubs, and frat boys who have no job and don't give 2 fucs about school so they spend all their time in the gym.
I'll GLADLY go back to being a 200lb 6'3 weakling or a "non-lifter" or whatever derogatory term you guys want to throw at me, but I don't care. I'll be proud. I can eat whatever I want and finally free up my mind to do what's important in life.

To all you kids out there who are getting sucked into the bodybuilding and fitness illusion, try to stop yourself.
So long as you have and maintain decent facial aesthetics, you'll be fine.
Bodybuilding's just not worth it.

Cheers.

Other urls found in this thread:

scholar.google.com/scholar?q=neurogenesis and exercise&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjyyqnWx9DMAhUC7YMKHfAtC9wQgQMIHjAA
scholar.google.com/scholar?q=aging and exercise&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiBr_Tdx9DMAhXL1IMKHc26AaEQgQMIGzAA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jesus Christ man, this is just a hobby of mine lmao.

But I do agree with you that a lot of people let this consume them. Just lift and eat healthy and stay lean. I'm 5'11" 155lbs and 8% bodyfat and look great and normies always call me shredded and in steroids, when I just lift 3 times a week and never over eat

If you have to quit cold turkey like that I don't think you'll make it bro.
If you really have more interesting things going on in your life you'll simply stop having the time to go or you'll get bored and slowly stop going, not rage quit suddenly like you're doing.
Good luck though.

this has been posted in the exact same text at least once before - stay vigilant.

Is that you in the picture? Also I lift to be healthy not just to look good or be strong or pick up chicks.

You are fat, we all know it

>bodybuilding lifestyle

do people seriously still do this? i train to be stronk, healthy and energetic. having a better body than the average person is nice, but obsessing over something like shredded abs indeed gets you nowhere.
stop that black and white thinking though, OP. it's faggot behavior.

>mfw summerfags fall for this pasta

that's a big laptop

For you

I saw the exact same thread 2 weeks ago.

nice pasta

not even fresh pasta

>its this thread again

I used to shitpost on a Dell that looked exactly like this back in the mid-2000's. Those were the days.

Reddit/tumblr(they're the same now) spam.
Just ignore it.

All I'm saying is, lifting is not important to me anymore.
I have other priorities, although fitness is still one of them, getting jacked is not something that really has any value to me.

Like I said, I enjoy a 20 mile ride after work, and occasionally hit the gym to keep my joints feeling good, and maintain a base level of strength.
I guess I have it sort of easy being 6'3, women will mire regardless of how much muscle I have, as long as I stay lean and maintain decent facial aesthetics.

But I have other hobbies to fill the time in. Now, when I get off work, I take ride my 20 miles out, and head home. I might pick up a book, or run through a few advanced photoshop/after effects tutorials.

Sometimes I like to just go out an have a beer with mates after my bike. Other times I smash a sloot and have a nice dinner, watch a movie, whatever.

But never do I come home now and say "I can't wait to go lift for an hour or two, I'll be so jacked it will be awesome" because, quite honestly, being jacked doesn't really mean shit.
As long as you stay in shape, of course, being fat is lame.

To be honest, now when I see guys who are jacked, I can't help but think they are making up for something.\ I know I started lifting to boost my confidence levels, but now I've achieved that confidence, and my body has nothing to do with it anymore.

C'mon brah step up your game

>Read THE STICKY

God damn you summer fags. How many times must it be said that SS is a strength routine, not some bro split
No wonder you were unhappy, you were doing SS while trying to body build.

>you guys should all live like me because everyone likes exactly what i like

a bit too early to be trolling. Wait another couple of weeks for summer

>people are falling for this bait
If this is real though glad you're leaving, we don't need weaklings in the fitness community.

What part am I trolling about?... I'll wait.

Tumblr is leaking again...

tell me what part you aren't trolling about if you are trolling and you wanted to let me know that you weren't trolling while at the same time trying to get everyone else to troll... I'll wait.

Jesus christ guys its a pasta. Been circulating for a couple months now

Sounds like you obsessed over the gym way too much, of course you get sick of it then. 45 minutes of lifting, 4 times a week is enough. Keep it strength based and don't obsess over TDEE and diet.

You clearly don't know what "bodybuilding" is then.
Bodybuilding is about being obsessive compulsive.

There's nothing Moderate about working about 5-7 days a week, or meticulously counting EVERY calorie you're in taking, or waking up at 5am doing your cardio before classes/work.

If you've been "bodybuilding" in moderation, then I have some bad news for you...You're doing it wrong.

rich piana pls

I hit the gym like 4X a week, for 4-4:30 hrs. If you think that's considered a hobby then maybe you don't have any actual hobbies

>for 4-4:30 hrs

wat

>tfw you've been here long enough to know this is stale pasta

I think he added the time he spends lifting during the week

So, you've been here for 2 days?

so what you're saying is that it's all about the FACE?

>nothing else going on in their lives [...] when I was still in uni, working only 15 hours a week, and pretty much just plucking around all the time, going out
>go back to being a 200lb 6'3 weakling

I agree that a basic level of fitness puts you miles above the average in our society, but dude I'm 2 inches shorter than you, weigh 15 lbs more lean and I'm pretty small. No offense but you probably look totally dyel...

>said the newfag

HEIGHT FACE FRAME

Nigga wat

I'm 6'0 155 lbs and I look like a hungry skeleton. Barely any fat. People either don't call you shredded or you are 17 years old.

I know this is bait, but there is a purpose to building muscles. Intense physical exercise is associated with increase neuron growth and improved mood. This helps with intellect and personality.

It can also help slow down and reverse the effects of aging, improving your face.

I would link journal articles, but Veeky Forums thinks that many links is spam.

No bait here, only facts. Look through the articles yourself, as I can't figure out how to post them without them being spam.

scholar.google.com/scholar?q=neurogenesis and exercise&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjyyqnWx9DMAhUC7YMKHfAtC9wQgQMIHjAA

scholar.google.com/scholar?q=aging and exercise&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiBr_Tdx9DMAhXL1IMKHc26AaEQgQMIGzAA

Ayy I'm not clicking on that shit senpai

>home gym AND gym membership
why

Nah shes just a tiny tighty

I lift cause i work around criminals so its actuallty important to my saftey i stay in shape and career. OP is mad he only lifts for girls and got fed up when stacey didnt give him the time of day.

>lifting for girls
>lifting for aesthetics

I don't trust any links here either. If you want to replicate what I posted, just go to Google Scholar and type in "Neurogenesis and exercise" and "aging and exercise." You will find plenty of journal articles on both topics, supporting the points made in

>you're either a bodybuilder or a non-lifter

How does it feel to be a weakling?

>how to spot newfriends 101

the quality of bait really decreases around summer

Nice pasta, faggot

>Muscles are not needed, especially in today's society where the intellect, personality, and face reigns supreme.

I may be new to Veeky Forums and weightlifting but I'm very learned in the art of fedoraposting.

Ya
Is this fresh new pasta?
It's almost height face frame chad tier cringe

>he fell for natty bodybuilding

yes, i agree bodybuilding is retarded. you should strive to look good but you don't need to be shredded.

however, you can only get so big as a natty. at that point just pursue strength along w/ a decent physique

chasing new PR's is more exhilarating than chasing that 1lb of muscle a yr once you're near the limit.

Mods underage b&

Nice blog post

i feel sorry for those ab genetics

>looking like that
>calling yourself a body builder
Hate to break it to ya kid.. but you're a dyel. Tell humanity to go fuck himself
P.s.
We all know you'll come crawling back you always do

It's pasta. But what he meant was: HEIGHT, FACE, and FRAME.

I know man

>I used to have that laptop too

okay bye

a little bit of carbs never hurt anyone :)

Literally takes 3 hours (1.7% of your week) a week too look half decent. If you can't do that what makes you think you'll do well in anything else?
I'm currently on a 4.0 whilst managing to work, look half decent and play sport.

>5'11
>155lb
>8%
ty hungry skeleton

This.

However, if you are dedicated to the lifestyle 24/7 I respect that. It's just not my thing. I care about staying strong, lean, healthy and flexible, I don't want my body to put limitations on my life. But I'm not obsessed.

6ft / 160 lbs / 12%bf by training 3 times a week and eating healthy.

Stale pasta, plus we all know the aesthetics era is dead, Zyzz is gone, nobody really tolerates gear with the exception of freaks like Ricardo Pianoman, its all about lifting for strength now, pretty much my lifting is because I play a sport so thats my motivation to keep going at this point.

I agree with OP.

I just do pullups, pushups, and one legged squats now to keep myself in ok shape.

Now that I have real life responsibilities, I don't want it as much. If its no longer fun, I'm not going to do it.

The best part of this pasta is the capped "gladly go back to being a weakling" part.

As if the original poster wasn't already weak by being a bodybuilder

All those people not knowing that this is stale pasta

I swear the amount of /r9k/posters has reached critical mass