Hey Veeky Forums I need some help. Before some of you mindlessly say read the sticky, I have, I know it...

Hey Veeky Forums I need some help. Before some of you mindlessly say read the sticky, I have, I know it, I have followed it, and it is good information but very basic. More importantly I wouldn't be asking for the input of actual human beings if I didn't have a good reason. Just a heads up though I do apologize if you feel this isn't worthy of its own thread.

So I am trying to get cut/lean. Was fat in early life, started lifting and got some good muscle, injured myself, started drinking, got super fat, decided I was gross and got serious. Basic calorie counting and working out again worked for the first 60lbs (I was like 286lbs) or so but now I am stuck, and have been for a bit, at 220lbs (+/- 4lbs), BF 25-30%. I am near exactly 71.86 inches (just under 6ft).

My daily caloric and macro-nutrient intake is as follows:

2000 - 2130 calories (Variation is a result of discrepancies between calculated calories from macros and listed calories on labels, as well as wether I took pre-workout or not)

245.6667 g Protein (combination of food and protein shakes)
28.3 g Fat
200.15 g Carbs

Workout Schedule
Lift + Body weight (abs/pushups etc) T/TR/SA
Cardio + Body Weight M/W/F (usually like a 3 mile run at a good pace 7.5-8 min/mile)

I take Sundays off. Workouts are pretty intense.

My goal is to be closer to 200lbs with a BF of like 15-20%.

From what I understand I need to re-adjust my diet until I am at:
2400 calories
200g Proteing
80g Fat
220g Carbs.

This seems crazy to me because science says energy in, energy out which makes eating more seem counter intuitive. Even if I ignore that part, I honestly cant figure out how to drop protein and raise fat without blowing up my calorie intake. Plus dropping protein intake in favor of fat an carbs also seems counter intuitive to wanting a lean and mean body.

Thoughts, comments, advice?

Read the sticky.

i dont think you need that much protein user

and you can go lower in calories

How long have you been stuck at 220?

I was once pretty much identical to you, I am 6ft and was 260 at my heaviest. I dropped down to 215 with nothing but dieting and hovered there for awhile before mixing in some cardio which made me feel better but I was still sitting at 210ish.

Then I started actually lifting heavy and started shredding off the rest of my fat.

So my advice? Keep the cardio for muh health gains and start an actually weight lifting routine, body weight shit is fine to get started but only does so much.

Also the sticky emphasized weight lifting so are you sure you read it?

aw shit meant to reply to OP

>Lift + Body weight
Yes. I you read my post thoroughly would notice that I lift heavy AND do body weights exercises at the end.

Example: Today I did chest, tri, and bi. Bench press, incline and decline press, flys, skull crushers, crazy 8's. Then finished with situps, planks, v-ups and pushups to failure.

>blog post disregard

I honestly didn't think I was getting that much protein and added extra scoops of protein powder in my shakes to up it (which also added calories). I was thinking to drop it down again but then my calorie intake would be much lower which from what I understand is too low as is and is messing up my metabolism.

Also been stuck at 220 for about 3 months.

Don't worry about your metabolism. Fat people just use it as an excuse to eat more.

naw i think you're going way overkill on protein.

just add in some fats, nuts/seeds/oils you can easily fill your calorie range with minimum effort.

what foods do suggest? I mean I know foods that are sources of good fats but I cant figure out how to work them. I was thinking I switch from eggwhites to normal eggs and from chicken to fish to up fat, then cut out a few protein shakes.

Also you think I should up calories or lower or maintain? Thats the part I am really not sure on.

Well you are already doing such a good job counting. You already came up with a good plan. I can't see anything wrong with what you just said.

And you want to get down to 15-20% bf? You gotta really go lower on cals. so like 1200-1600 maybe? You're using macros from when you were 280s. You should adjust them now.

Good work getting down to 220s tho

Unfortunately the last macros are what I calculated based on a mens fitness mag to get to 200. Maybe mens fitness has no idea?

if it worked for you, do the same thing, but less calories.

Are you bored with that current diet? Your post definitely seems unsure about the direction you're going in.

The carbohydrates are fairly high for being on a cut. Have you ever thought about going *cough*ketomode? You can use it as a tool to eat less. Also, how often do you eat? There is intermittent fasting, theres a shit ton of legit science and results about it.

Yea man I made the thread because I have no idea what to change to get past this wall.

I usually eat major meals every 6 hours with a protein shake every 3 hrs.

So 8am meal, 11 am shake, 2pm meal, 5 pm shake, 8 pm meal, then around 10:30 I do another shake. I use to think this was bad (eating late) but from what I have read eating later helps prevent cravings and since protein absorption is high when you sleep it is actually not bad if it is mostly protein.

I have always wondered about keto mode but from what I have gathered it is mostly a gimmick since carbs are also a calorie source and that essentially keto mode only "works" because you are simultaneously consuming fewer calories.

At 220 you should eat less than 2000-2130. Aim for 1800-1700.

Also you should regularly schedule in cheat days. I dont know if it's just broscience, but they say if you don't your body will adjust to its new normal intake and you'll stop losing weight.

drop 25g of protein

at 255 i am cutting at 1700 220 bro you are eating to much

Thats what I thought but then I was reading all these macro and TDE shit telling me I need to eat more, but better.

I just re-wrote a new plan that has me at 1500 cal, 200g Protein, 26.3 g Fat, 125g carbs. So we'll see.

I might add a 200-300 calories to mess with fat and carb intake.

Do you guys track macros?

>I usually eat major meals every 6 hours with a protein shake every 3 hrs.
Eating every 5-6 hours is a good sign that you aren't craving food frequently. However the frequency of drinking and eating between those meals, is making your insulin rise.[i don't know the science here, but you're not efficiently fat burning when eating so frequently] Bring it down to 2-3 square meals, and try not to eat before bed. You can still hit those macros in 2-3 meals. Some people even do 1 meal, but thats some high level shit.

>I use to think this was bad (eating late) but from what I have read eating later helps prevent cravings and since protein absorption is high when you sleep it is actually not bad if it is mostly protein.
Even if that is scientifically proven/true. It is also true that your body isn't completely at rest while you are asleep. Your digestive system is breaking down that protein, instead of focusing on fat loss and increasing growth hormone. So the time you are burning the most fat(sleep) your body is still digesting food.

>I have always wondered about keto mode but from what I have gathered it is mostly a gimmick since carbs are also a calorie source and that essentially keto mode only "works" because you are simultaneously consuming fewer calories.
Whatever the science is, you definitely will be consuming less calories. I'm not gonna talk about sugar, people eat really healthy while high in carbs.

hmm so maybe I do 3 meals have my protein shake as part of my meal.

What would you say is a good cut off for eating? Is 8 good or should I move it to earlier?

thats really up to you, a lot of people agree not to eat 3 hours before bed.

I highly highly recommend you look up some of this stuff on youtube or other websites. It's shit that helped me get my diet in check.

I think based on your description, you did a great job losing that weight. I imagine it took a lot of discipline for you. SO I know you can really kick ass with more knowledge under your belt.

you're eating a shit ton of protein.

carbs are gonna make you able to work out harder

what are your lifts at?

Thats what I did and the information I found confused the shit out of me. Which is why I came here hoping to talk to actual people. Some the shit on the internet told me I needed to eat like 3000 calories....

>what are your lifts at?
Like reps and weight? For the big 3?

he's doing bodyweight exercises

>Like reps and weight? For the big 3?

yes

>
>
>Thats what I thought but then I was reading all these macro and TDE shit telling me I need to eat more, but better.
>I just re-wrote a new plan that has me at 1500 cal, 200g Protein, 26.3 g Fat, 125g carbs. So we'll see.

Eat less calories but more fat, good fat is not poison despite it's scary name, it helps with satiety and is good for you. Add some avocado and extra vigin olive oil to your diet.

You are focusing too much in macros and not enough on eating at a deficit. If you aren't losing you don't have enough of a caloric deficit, its pretty simple. Sure everyone hits plateaus but you should still be losing 1lb a week at a -500 deficit

>Lift + Body weight (abs/pushups etc) T/TR/SA
i am doing BOTH. Read thoroughly.

DL and Squat are about equal around 315 for max weight. Bench is only like 265 because part of my injury (mentioned in thread start) fucked my shoulders and arms up. Long story short I drunkenly fell from a very high height and tried to catch myself resulting in nearly tearing my arms off but probably saving my life.

>Read thoroughly.
oh fuck you, you've been spoonfed enough

you might try focusing on a minimal strength routine (like 5/3/1), shorten the runs and focus instead on sprints- just to try to jar your body into doing something different.

and that way, you'd have the strength as a metric too. I'm guessing your bf% is on the low end of what you think it is.

how's your stress level?

You should read the sticky

Or you can read and contribute substance to someone who is actually being serious, has done his research and is just looking for people who have had success to voice their thoughts. I get it you have always had god mode aesthetics and everyone who doesn't look like you hasn't tried. So no, fuck you.

Stress is at an all time low I would think. I usually alternate by doing 2 weeks of increasing weight for moderate reps (5-8) then a week of low weight and high reps (15-20). I want to try and maintain decent strength while a I cut down body fat and excess weight.

Did that. Worked well for a while. Not so much now. Sticky is basically for uber fat to not so fat as well as basic life style changes for starters. I have started, and now I need to finish. The sticky isn't enough.

If you have nothing to contribute because you dont know, its okay just admit that or dont comment. If you think this is dumb, remember no one made you comment. I have received good feedback thus far so, go cry in a corner or something about muh sticky.

this post is why we don't spoonfeed

I get it now.

>Stress is at an all time low I would think. I usually alternate by doing 2 weeks of increasing weight for moderate reps (5-8) then a week of low weight and high reps (15-20). I want to try and maintain decent strength while a I cut down body fat and excess weight.

try alternating 1-5 reps every other week with 5-8, shorten your workouts on the intense days and try to push/pull maxes. the high rep stuff probably isn't doing much right now since you're at a deficit. you could probably get a lot stronger.

Or you know, maybe you don't actually have a clue and try to dismiss threads that require knowledge by referring to a sticky that if YOU had actually read you would realize is not the end all be all of fitness related questions.

Its okay on the internet no one knows how fat you REALLY are.

your mother's a whore

WAAAAAAAY too many carbs bro, also try doing something more than bw, it's a dead-end for most.

I want to thank these posters for valid and useful information.

I am going to sleep now and will let this thread dies with the echoing moans of "muh sticky!" from these fine folks

A fit whore. Something you will never be no matter how many dicks you take. :)

kys

Comprehend the sticky.