QTDDTOT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

is it necessary to warm up by doing 10 mins cardio before the workout? is it any good at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wol7Hko8RhY?t=6m46s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are seated dumbbell raises better than OHP or should I just do OHP?

what are some stretches(dynamic) that i can do before running?

Do i drink protein before, during, or after working out, and how many scoops should a 165 lbs 15 bf guy take

do OHP, seated versions of OHP put the weight on your ass, this guy mentions it here
min 6 sec 45
youtu.be/wol7Hko8RhY?t=6m46s

doesn't matter, your overall daily intake is way more important anyway, i think timing only really matters when you are taking something like Creatine or if you want to burn high glycemic index food (this might be broscience though)

What's the difference between a standard deadlift and a romanian deadlift other than starting from the top?

peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are ok for bulking if i use natural peanut butter, natural jelly, and whole wheat bread, right?

Finally starting a real cut but the calorie calculators on here have me a bit confused. Judging by hours alone, they say that doing an hour of cardio a day almost doubles my TDEE. That seems absolutely absurd though.

I get that they all say "moderate" or "strenois" effort but how the fuck do you measure that? Like, I can slowly jog for an hour or I can push myself as hard as I can, but the people in better shape are still going to burn more by working just as hard because they can go faster.

I know it wouldn't matter normally but at an hour a day that shit adds up to like 4000 calories that I may or may not have burned.

I calculate my tdee activity based on what I do besides the gym. So if you work a desk job and don't get out much besides to lift just count it as low exercise. Also I just eat to my calorie limit and don't count any cardio I do against it, although I don't do too much cardio in the first place

Is there actually a heart rate thats good for losing weight, or is that gym mom type bs. Is the situation something like working harder is better but you won't be able to keep it up and thats where it comes from, or is it an actual thing?

Heart rate doesn't really matter (unless you kill yourself I guess). The more you push yourself and the longer you exerciser the more you burn. There are athletes who would have a lower heart rate jogging than a fat guy would have eating a sub sandwich, but the athlete is gonna burn more.

Why is there no mods to ban all the fags that go off topic. Being gay is OK but talk about that shit in lgbt.

Will sugar in my drinks actually help Creatine be absorbed in my body faster or is it just a meme?

Will I get the same benefit from waking a mile as I would jogging one? Is fasted walking beneficial or a waste of time?

I believe I have a shoulder injury (minor pain in the shoulder where the cuff is, and also it pops loudly.)

how long should I stay off the weights for it to rest?

Is there anything i should change about my diet? I have to eat at least 3.5k cals a day (500 over my tdee), i'm trying to gain weight.

Breakfast: 2 cups of oats, banana, 2 slices of bread (around 850 cals)

Snacks throughout the day: Peanuts (510 cals), 6 eggs (420 cals), greek yogurt (130 per container)

Lunch: It varies, usually it is a pb&j sandwich (lets say 400 cals) or 8oz chicken and 1/2 cup rice (around 500 cals)

Dinner: Chicken or beef/rice or pasta/broccoli is usually what i try to eat (500 cals or more depending on how many I already have)

Shake: 750 cals (includes milk, protein powder, pb, a banana, and 1 tbsp coconut oil)

I also try to drink another shake with just water and protein powder at some point throughout the day. I will knock things out or put things into the diet depending on how much calories i have eaten already during the day.

If it's important, i'm 6'2", 175lbs, and 19y/o

guys i really want to improve my home gym, i'm a recovering fatty, went from 323 to 282 in 9 weeks just eating at a decent deficit (1200 to 1500 a day) doing 2 days of cardio and lifting 3 days a week

my dumbbells are fine, i can do 25lbs no problem which i heard is ok for beginners, but my barbell sucks, 45lbs plates are expensive af in my 3rd world country and i'm scared i'm going to be too weak to lift them.

I can bench 25x5 and ohp 12x5 both at 50lbs, i have to do high reps because that's all the weight i can add,

do you think i can do those 5x5 with 2pl8s? (around 100lbs)

How do I get a Veeky Forums bf? Do any of you like cute boys?

what is SS????????

you should take enough scoops to supplement how far you are from your recommended daily protein intake. There are sites to calculate that so lets say you had some chicken breast today, deduct the protein in the chicken from the recommended intake and take the remaining amount needed, divide it by however much protein is in 1 scoop of your protein powder is

and voila , magic

timing doesnt matter, you need time to digest it anyway and itll probably stay in your body. if youre worried about wasting it still then just drink it anytime after, just drink it the same day you workout

What is a good aesthetic routine after doing SS? I realized I only care about looks.

>Will I get the same benefit from waking a mile as I would jogging one?
Do they feel just as easy as each other
>Is fasted walking beneficial or a waste of time?
Sounds like meme science to me

whats the best dumbbell only workout? and will i get bigger mass from dumbbells rather than barbells?

If I just trim my pubes with scissors should I complete shave my balls or just trim them too?

>6'2", 175lbs

Thank you hungry skeleton.

I'm 6'2", and at my dyel'est, I was 198 lbs. I must just have a big frame.

>282

None of that matter. Your main goal is to get to around 230 lbs. Then lift and cut further to 200 lbs or so over the next few years.

>I realized I only care about looks.

Not going to make it.

You'll be one of those fuckers with chicken legs, small shoulder, but huge biceps and pecs.

Thinking about getting a massage tomorrow? Is deep tissue better than the other kinds?

Doesn't fucking matter as long as you lift the same weight. If anything the dumbbells will help with the ancillary muscles used to stabilize lifts.

I have been lifting since January this year.

January: Bench Press was 40kg/88lbs for 3-5 reps.

May: Bench Press is 80kg/176lbs for 1-2 reps.

Is this considered good progress? 100% serious.

Height/Weight:
6'11 82kg/181lbs

Oops - I am only 6'1 haha

Depends if your trying to gain weight.
If trying to gain weight take it before. If you just need more protein take it when you wake up and after your work out

Wat. Protein intake before a workout has no effect, especially when taken from a substance as quickly digested as whey

You doubled the weight and cut the reps in half

Wouldn't say it's ideal m8

Well 80kg is my max now. Didn't test my max back then.

I don't get why it isn't ideal though.

I'm going on a study abroad in japan in 40 days and will be away from a gym. How do I keep my gains during that time?

forgot to say I'll be there for a month

I would go on a high protein diet and at least do bodylifts like pushups, pull ups, chin ups etc.

Isn't there a local gym or something you can join?

I can look into local gyms when I get there, but I was just preparing for worst case scenario

Looking for a simple bodyweight workout I can do in my office for a week. Going to be putting in more time as a wagecuck for a week so I can't go to the gym. Any suggestions?

Happy endings are the best kind, know what I mean?

what's tougher back or chest day?

Full body day

I'm getting my ghetto home gym a barbell. Whats the difference between a 2.1m 15euro bar that can support 400kg and is 35mm and an oly bar that costs 100€?

redpill me on leg press
I wanna do more quad work, my squat is very hip dominant
sled or the other thing? how not to snap my shit up?

Oly bar holds more weight. Also you'll have a hard time finding plates for a 35mm bar unless that's normal in your country and 100 euros for an oly bar is expensive as fuck. Don't use oly plates with a 35mm bar, you'd be wasting your money and they'll be loose as fuck.

Since im broke af and live in a rural area im going to make my own weights out of cement

they're ok no matter what as long as they fit your macros, you fucking hippie

What's better for aesthetics, powerlifting or crossfit?

such is life. i am actually up from 160 ;_; but making progress at least

i've only been eating that much for about a week now but hopefully i can get up to 185-190 by the end of the summer

Make sure you make them the right diameter otherwise your deadlifts will suck. Anyone who tells you a 15 euro bar holds 400kg is lying to you but a standard 2.2m oly bar rated at 700lbs costs 70ish euro in austrafaglia (110 dollarydoos) and everything is twice as expensive here so you'll probably be able to get a decent oly bar for like 40 euros plus delivery. If you pay for garbage you'll get garbage, I wouldn't buy the 15 euro bar,

I usually start off with a 3 mile bike ride before working out, but that's for me to wake up since I go to my uni school (UCI gym is the best) and I have 8am classes.
On the bright side, my thighs are so strong and it complements my squats.

An article from the sticky says that "Males should be ~10-12% body fat before even considering going on any kind of ‘bulk'..."

Does this mean that I should cut first? I'm a 162-lb male with around 20% body fat with novice lifting stats for the big 5 lifts.

You can probably bulk to 180 easy peasy.

Cutting with more muscle and experience is fun and easier too.

This bulk to 180 should at least take you a year btw. Dont go to hard

Haven't seen any oly bars under 120 euros in here

What are some good dumbbell exercises to fix muscle imbalances in my hands ?

Thanks senpai. So is there a starters' guide to clean bulking? I'm a total idiot on this matter and can't count calories to save my life.

Shop online if you can, ebay is your friend, if you can, your best bet would be to drive out and pick it up from the seller.

How short are you going up top? Aim for a balance.

I just shave mine.

Do anti depressants and anti anxiety drugs have a negative effect on lifting? I know it's a pussy thing to do but I'm having a lot of trouble functioning normally. Also are they a banned substance in boxing and mma? and if I where to do martial arts on ssri's or whatever the fuck they're called would I lose my aggression and be a bad fighter?

>a standard 2.2m oly bar rated at 700lbs costs 70ish euro in austrafaglia
They apparently get really wobbly at 150 kilos, i just got a 1500lbs bar for about $230, 28mm too so good for deadies. considering getting a cheaper power bar with a thicker bar and center knurling for squats and benching

I personally use a bar slightly more than half the diameter of an oly bar that I paid 80 dollarydoos for, it's either 2.1 or 2.2m long, don't remember, and doesn't even slightly bend when loaded up to 3pl8. The plates have a 29mm hole though, the bar is 28 I think. I imagine using oly plates with a bar like that would probably make me wanna kill myself because the plates already move around enough to trigger my ocd, but I just put the clips on and it's perfect.

deadlift comes at a complete stop on the bottom and then back up

Romanian is more of a stiff eg deadlift and focuses on the eccentric movement of the lift. Not a complete stop more of a touch an go. Youre fighting that gravity both ways

is this gyno or am I just fat? how fucked am I?

another picture

If it's gyno it's very mild. Either lift through it and don't worry about it or get tested. If it's gyno it's fat and gyno.

will eating a wheat sandwhich be bad if im trying to lose weight? sometimes at night time I get real hungry, so i slap a piece of ham with lettuce, tomato and mustard only. i always get mixed answers about wheat bread.

I literally dont see any of it on your chest.

Quit being a fucking bitch

I've heard multiple times (and in the sticky) that even fatties should lift when losing weight to build muscle and loose fat, sure your gains aren't gonna show for shit, but you're still burning calories and building a little bit of muscle at the same time. Plus no joint pain

how does one properly train their weak arm? i can do 12 reps of 25 db's curls with my right arm but i can hardly do a set with my left arm, do i lower the weight to like 15lbs and just stall there with both arms for a while or do i actually just train with my left arm?

Lower the weight on both and do an extra set on your left.

Bread in general is not good for losing weight.
Just eat some broccoli.

This is broscience
>is eating calories bad for losing weight?

I'd argue that you shouldnt be doing dumbbell stuff at all until the balance is evened out.
Do ez bar curls or just compounds. Chins, dips, bend-over row... Thatll sort it out.

>tfw nerve damage made my right bicep, tricep, and pec weaker than my left.
>It's been a long few years to getting them equal.

Well, i meant the calories. Not that theres something mystical about bread.

Dumbbells are far superior to barbells for fixing imbalances because most people cheat by using their strong arm more when they do barbell curls.

I had/have the same problem; I alternate between EZ/Barbell curls and DB curls on a bi-weekly basis and it seems to work well

my only goal atm is strength though so as long as my form is good and my numbers are going up I'm happy (not-clueless beginning lifter)

tfw my post was ignored

home gyms are a meme. Maybe if you've been lifting for years and have PROVEN, CONSISTENT motivation, could you consider a home gym.

Yeah, lift while loosing weight, but NEVER consider eating more to gain muscle until you're under 230 lbs.

I also focus extra hard on my weak side when I'm doing bar exercises, that's important to point out I think since I can say from experience it helps

>weakling and started lifting not too long ago
>only enough time to hit the gym 2-3 times a week
Is doing push-ups/crunches at home useful? I try to do 4x30 push-ups and 4x10 crunches every day but I don't wanna end up not developing parts of my body
Other shit I can do at home?
Fuck I wish I had a gym bro

Yeah, I only curl with dumbbells.

Looking to get fit enough for FFL by the end of the year.
If it goes poorly I'll still stay in Europe a while, but at least I'll be fit.

I need to do some cardio and considering i live at work they have a gym so I'm going to use that. Its terrain where you quite literally can't run outside since it'll be over gravel and pea gravel and all sorts of other shit that fucks up running.
For my cardio should I use the treadmill at some incline, using at 4 right now, or should I use the row machine we have? I see good views for either of them.

Because I don't know about you but I have no idea how to train hands breh.
I'm not good at focusing on individual muscle in compound movements (I typically dont even notice if my bench is tilting unless I tap the safeties) so it would be a lot easier for me to track the progress of individual arms separately with dumbbells.

>tfw my post was ignored

Everyone knows who you are, and you're not a good person, that's why we don't respond.

If you're already going to the gym, get your actual weightlifting shit done there

if you want to do pushups and situps and shit while you watch TV or whatever, I'd recommend it

It's BS, you need to lift heavy.

Are full squats better for gaining strength and mass or will squats to parallel do the same thing?

Thanks, I'll try to reschedule shit so I can hit the gym more often during weekdays
Im gonna make it

Yeah, that's why you switch back to DB every 2 weeks so you can track what each individual arm is moving, as well as use the gains from heavy barbell curls to push your DB curls weights higher

Essentially the same thing.

I fucking hate barbell curls, concentration curls have always given me the best strength gains in my biceps. I don't curl much but when I do them for a couple of weeks the weight I can use shoots up like crazy.

always go ass to grass unless you have legitimate mobility issues

don't be a pussy

If you can only go twice a week, do a full body routine each day.

When you hit muscles 2 or 3 times a week they grow a lot faster than just once a week.

I use the EZ-curl bar and squeeze the shit out of it while imagining that I'm doing double semi-Hammer curls, seems like a decent enough cue to me in practice

The little muscle at the top of my forearm where the biceps comes down really gets a workout that way, which is especially important for the weak side when it comes time to do isolation DB curls

Just mix it up occasionally, is what I'm really saying. I don't buy into the "muscle confusion" meme, but doing the same shit all the time is fucking boring anyways, so why the hell not just go for it, ya know?

My problem is that I don't have an ez curl bar. I'm sure it makes curling feel a lot better, but with my straight bar it just feels like I'm raping my wrists and doing nothing else.

Alright Veeky Forums I need help.
When I'm in squat position my left hand causes pain (pic related). It is almost like something is pushing in,
Do any of you might know what it is ? Or something similar has happened to you ?
My theory is that it is caused by my strength imbalance in my arms.