Mental Health General

How many of you have attempted suicide or have considered attempting suicide? How many of you are depressed?

I've never attempted suicide. Many of my friends have, but I've never really seen the rationale for doing it. Sure, I've been depressed and have thought about suicide, but I've never really considered it as an option. Please share your experiences/opinions. (and answer the poll)

> strawpoll.me/10182731

mental health thread I guess

also, you can choose more than one answer in the poll in case a few of the choices apply to you

please keep the thread alive too guys

Yes, I did try and off myself, and very obviously, it didn't work. I regret that I tried and of all things I've managed to wipe from my record, this one keeps coming back to haunt me.
If I could I would go back and tell myself don't do it, I would.

how has effected you after the fact? if you dont mind me asking

I had made a promise to myself after my failed attempt that I would never try again, that I would never let things get that bad that suicide seemed like a favorable option.

But even then, it cost me a career in the military.

One of the best moves in my life gone because of the lowest point in my life.

I kept the suicide note. I've been tempted to burn it but I've never felt that would be the right thing to do, so I keep it as a reminder.

sorry to hear that man, I'm in the military right now

getting section 8'd sucks

we're all gonna make it man, you're doing good so far bro, dont let one event shape your entire life

I've managed to turn my life around, I'm in a stable job that pays well enough and things have been getting steadily better.

Although, the entire thing has made me believe that some people do deserve a second chance at life.

> bumb

good for you man

> failed suicide

when will this meme end?

There is no such thing as a "failed suicide", only a cry for help or attention seeking.

If you wanted to really kill yourself you would have succeeded. its one of the easiest things you can literally do.

You keep telling yourself that. I bet you think that all mental illnesses are fake as well.

Clearly some are however there are quite a few recent additions to the latest edition of their dsm handbook that weren't there in 2000. Why is that?

Animals arent real because them scientist keep on discovering new species

I do argree that not all diseases are as True ir serious as one could believe. Also over diagnotication is a thing.

No one talks like this

Did getting fit help with body image issues and confidence? I'm currently trying to cut 50 more pounds but I'm afraid I'll still want to kill myself when I'm done, if not for being a fat sack of shit then for some other reason

This is the kind of retarded shit you only see on 4chins.

>its one of the easiest things you can literally do

it's actually pretty hard to kill yourself which is why a lot of people fail, and why people like you think failing suicide is just a "cry for attention". Also most methods are neither actually quick nor painless even though most people think they are.

Eat shit faggot

look dude, ive thought about it before at my lowest point but via lifting ive come out of that dark place. life is worth living, even in a shitty situation. you live once, so you might as well try your best, no?

dont get old and regret never trying. try your best, look your best, and be at your best. you owe it to yourself. and one day, you'll wake up and like what you see in the mirror, I know I do today.

Jumping off a bridge is hard?
Correctly slicing wrists and bleedout is hard and takes a long time?
Jumping in front of a bus or traffic is hard and takes a long time?
Nah faget. You're not going to make it - not in this life or the next.

I'm depressed and have bpd, but I've never actually tried to kill myself- there have been a few times where I was really close, but I've never got that far.

but I do get these moods of hysteria, where I'm just panicking for hours. I'll roam my apartment clawing at my neck and moaning. Those times are when I would, if I was going to, I suppose.

When it get's really bad, I whip my back with a chain.

I've suffered from depression which became a real issue as I fell into stages of deep loneliness and apathy for months at a time. It affected my uni work and also my social life. It led to self-harm at some points but nothing I would consider too detrimental to my physical well-being.

>This user has never had depression
Lucky bastard.

When you are that far gone that ending yourself seems like a favorable outcome, your pretty much running on fumes constantly so no extra energy. That's what partly makes depression insidious, it saps you of energy.

>If you wanted to really kill yourself you would have succeeded. its one of the easiest things you can literally do.

Love this b8. It's so autistic that it's sure to get some bites.

I can't believe you took this b8. Even if he was serious, he's too stupid to warrant a response, but you went and did it anyway. Kill yourself.

I did, life is just so fucking exhausting man, it feels like its a never ending chore and every second your expected to be around people when the only comfy times on your own. I dont know man Im completely average, what is the point of another average in this society.

what said. Also, that's exactly why "warning, may cause suicidal behavior" on anti-depression meds- because they give people the energy to actually go off and kill themselves.

I'm more of a vegan myself but appreciate the suggestion.