Am I making it? Is this the real life?

>Am I making it?
no
>Is this the real life?
no, this is the internet

sick bro

Fuck yeah bro, you got it up
now its only uphill

That's great, good job! Now time to start chasing that 2pl8 bench. We're all gonna make it!

im benching the equivalent of lmao halfplate but only been lifting for a month

2pl8 is the minimum where you can say you're "making it"

Okeh

Lol no it isn't 2pl8 bench is where most people start and it shouldn't take you more than four or five months to reach it

This wasn't a funny post. You should leave this board.

Found the fatass*
FTFY

Well I guess I should rephrase it. Anyone that didn't spend there entire childhood playing videogames in doors should be able to.

literally nobody starts at 2 plate bench

What's "1pl8" ?
'

Ok user whatever you say I personally only started at 185 but a lot of the guys I played football with back in highschool started around 205-240. When you're active in your childhood it pays off

135 pounds ie the bar and one 45lb plate on each side. I don't know what it comes out to be in that third world measurement system

>When you're active in your childhood it pays off

Neither you nor they started out benching that much. Being active in your childhood doesn't mean anything with regard to how much you start on bench.

Dude no need be butthurt everyone is different. I'm not lying about our lifts but I was just teasing everyone starts somewhere you'll make it user

>tfw had a 80kg bench when I finished SS
>now doing a split and I have to drop it to 1pl8 for the amount of volume I'm doing
It feels so wrong

You are lying, and what's worse is you clearly have never lifted in your life. Leave.

Protip bro stop replying

Seriously user don't take your shortcomings out on me I tried to be nice. Don't feel bad dude everyone is different there's nothing wrong with that

>tfw stuck on 57.5kg

Deload mix up your routine and eat more

kek

is me

isn't me

Anyway, I can believe some naturally big dudes can get there really quick, like within a few months maybe. I got to 225 in 8 months as a 150 lbs 5'7" manlet and a few months later hit 255x5.

But I don't buy that anybody can just walk into the gym and crank out 225 on day 1. And you saying that "most" people can and do is bullshit. Most people in the real world can't even bench 100 lbs on their first day let alone 225.

So you're benching 30kg? Keep going m8, you're going to improve really fast during the first few months if you have dedication

>tfw struggle to do 5x5 for 40kg on bench
>kill me now senpai

>can rep 2pl8
i fucking did it brehs

why do you insist on taking this low quality bait

keep at it m80s I started at 25 kg

not the same guy but because a lot of unfortunate lurking anons might read that guy's bullshit and not realize it's bait, and believe that they should be benching 225 lbs on day 1 and get discouraged when they can't bench anywhere close to that

i started at just the bar

Same, now im at 1pl8 after 3 months, going for 2pl8 in the year.

Good job user.

I wasn't b8ing user if you read I said I only started at 185. I was nice and said everyone starts somewhere and everyone is different. I don't get why that's so hard to believe that some very physically active people start at 2pl8. I'm not over here claiming I started at 3pl8 or anything

tfw repping 45kg dumbbells after one year

>mfw I consider myself a noob but outlift every nerd here

Sir, the first time you got under a bench press, you did not lift 185 pounds. That is false. Literally impossible.

>noob
>nerd
you're in the wrong neighborhood, friendo. what do you bench?

What's your bench? In POUNDS plz

>"I was nice and said everyone starts somewhere and everyone is different"

is very different from

>"Lol no it isn't 2pl8 bench is where most people start"

Nobody starts there. I'm betting most if not all of your highschool football pals also played in middle school and also benched during that time.

Cringe.

200lbs

Enter your stats in symmetric strength and use its descriptions of novice, proficient, etc. to figure out where you should be. The "2pl8 is first day stuff" people are trolls. Don't get discouraged by Veeky Forums memes.

Isn't everyone here doing 5/4/3/2 in their first year?