Home gym thread? Home gym thread

Home gym thread? Home gym thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_drttm5r66A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

look you fucking retard, hold your shitty chink phone on it's SIDE to take a pic, is it that fucking hard to at least rotate your image before posting?

My home gym is a platform in my backyard, a set of squat stands, a bar and some bumper plates. Cost $1,200 and about 6 hours of my time.

No rack, no bench.

how come none of you chucklefucks have floor padding

This is the only way to do it blah.

nice blurry sideways pic of your home suicide rack you fucking retard

actually do, just wasn't put in when i took the pic. note the black tube

>I need this, I can't throw it away
>It sits in a box for 10 years, untouched

Why do people do this

U mad mate

Does mommy make your protein shakes for you?

it belongs to my sister, brother, and mother.

It used to tale up three times the room, i managed to condense it to that and store a big pile is waterproof tubs under the house

When I go overseas this house will be abandoned for 6+ months at a time

There are literally two large boxes of worn out running shoes in that pile, and every cupboard is filled with old romance novels my mother ordered over 20 years

>I live a life where everyone caters to what I want.
Cry more, faggot.

Twice as useful, senpai.

looks comfy

>floor padding
Might as well get it done with and suck dick. Post and ad on craigslist.

lovin that pupper OP

Do you throw weights on the floor like an autist? It's called controlling the weight and not flailing it around like a retard.

>He doesnt train power cleans

What do you do in the smaller section of the rack?

It's hard to see, but there's a lot. Monkey bar drills, one arm chin training, levers, and flags.

Oh yeah, and the dip bar

My home gym is coming along. Making steel concrete pl8s meself, bought a cheap bar and benches and everything will be hand crafted. Cost me 25€

I will make my own this year or in 2017.
Do you know the brand capital sports ? It's not really expensive and can manage large weight, but i can't find a lot of comment on the quality of what they sale.

Nice habitat

>hit new bench PR
>backroll the fuck in bed

Isn't a home bench bad? No one could spot you.

>handles exactly at the pullup width grip
lmao how retarded

Not op, but sometimes pictures get rotated when posting for some reason. Chill out

Its gonna fall off the wall

>thinks he can only do pullups from one width

>get on my ghetto level
>protip: u can't

It doesn't actually.

nigga it would be nice to actuall do slightly-outside-shoulder-width-grip-pullups you know
on that thing you can only do the close grip or retarded wide
i guess neutral grip is nice too

Didnt post pic, but point remains the same. Also neutral pullups are the shit!

lovin' the file name user

Can't find a pic of it, but if you get safety catches that are sloped instead of flat like pic you can get a full ROM, but can also bail by moving the weight laterally to where the catch is higher, and above your body.

I always bench in my power rack.

Problem is my I don't want to move my safeties since the holes are reemed out enough and I started incline bp.

Might just buy some other bars. Fucking scary benching

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_drttm5r66A
Oh boy

brings a new meaning to waking up and working out.

From behind the scenes at BalconyHQ. I still have a local gym membership as well, but more and more frequently I've been getting my lifts in at home these days. Think I did pretty well, all things told well under 1,000 bucks.

Cage/Rack/Latpulldown all in one - 350 (new)
Adjustable inc/dec bench with leg ext/curl and preacher curl addons - $125

Full Oly Plate Set + bar - $150 (hella score on craiglist - genuinely thought I was going to be murdered though. I'll post the story/pics of the shit that went down if people want to hear it).

DB set up to 45lb - Mix of three diff craigslists ads and having to buy the 45's new at Sears), about $200.

Yo I got a home gym and have been wanting to incorporate some sort of quad isolated exercise. What can I do.

My bench has one of those leg extensions parts but it hurts my knees so I prefer not to do it. Same reason I dropped hack squats, it hurts my knees too much.

Lets hear it senpai

here goes, pic taken from the scene of the crime.

>craigslist ad says need to get rid, $200 for: Oly Bar, Full Oly Plate set (and a couple extra 10lb plates), Adjustable Bench + Squat Rack. Pic of the equip looks like it's all in good condition, just covered in cobwebs.
>I live in a major city but this place is full on Deliverance mode, an hour drive out one way, extremely backwoods/rural, 2 hours round trip...gas miles + i'm jew + grew up poor so no shame haggling them down to $150. we're talking easily $500 worth of shit anyway.
>seller agrees but can only meet me after 9pm
>drive out there that night
>arrive at address yet no one appears to be home
>house looks condemned/abandoned/tortureandrapezone
>call seller, says they dont live there any more but the weights are still stashed inside, they will be there in a minute to do the exchange
>older man + middle age woman arrive with keys to get in the front door
>mfw this is the scene, 100% serious.
>she says there is no electricity so she'll brb, going to get a flashlight for us, leaves me and old guy alone in front of the fireplace
>I get my phone out and stealth take a pic, text to my brother and sister with the address so they know where to pick up my body
>finally woman comes back with flashlight
>end of the suspense, they were actually nice folks and held the door open for me while I loaded everything into the car myself

But that house though, I swear to god it looked straight out of Dexter. And I had to hose off all of the equipment. But hey, saved a shitload of cash so it's all good.

just bought a power rack, thoughts?

As a drywall guy this made me laugh quite a bit

Holy shit dude

Is there a reason you didn't just get a half or 3/4 rack instead of creating a shitload of work for yourself to fix the ceiling + cleanup?

newshits get out

Semi related so I'll ask here:

Thinking of getting some home equipment. Are half racks like pic related decent? Is there really any reason to get a full rack instead?

Depends if the full rack would also include cable attachments allowing you to do pulldowns, tons of additional isolation movements (especially triceps and back). And possibly a mounted pullup bar. See , imo the best of both worlds.

No, I'm working with limited space and budget so it would just be a super basic rack with no extras.

Thanks. It's in a colosseum with a pool and the back cliff goes to a mountain. Very comfy, especially during storms

is the dog for scale?

Nah, the dog just has an issue with personal space and wants attention 24/7.

Nice dungeon.

It's a garage, lol

The barbell is ripptoe.

Sorry, I have a prejudice
history with exposed bricks, see

Ah

dog press is the best exercise after dog swings

no

C o m f y

(checked)

that fucking kettlebell
0/10 would not fuck

This is the first respectable home gym I've seen in this thread.

Has anyone here tried doing chest fly variations with a lat pull or cable row attachment? Would it be a good idea to do it lying on a bench on your back with the cable row attachment to one side?

pic of current state of project

I remember this thread

dude ended up timestamping it

Who /poverty/ here?
Gymnastic rings hanging from a ladder
A power tower(pull up/dip station)
A backpack that i just filled with sand
And a punching bag i got when i was like 14

loved that thread

is the bed used as a bench? I had a friend who always claimed he used his bed for a bench

What lifts are you doing that require the bar to be that high on the rack with 1 plate on each side? Are you a giant with weak legs?

wow I like how you've organized the dumbells

oh wow you remember this thread from like 3 days ago? what an oldfag

get the titan short power rack

It's a short rack. Only 7 feet tall so it'll fit under that low cling. Pic was taken before I added weight and moved the bench out for squats.

Haha sure lanklet

Lmao. I mean, I know you're trolling but look at the pic. The rack is right beside a standard home doorway. Unless that doorway is somehow 13 feet tall and I squished the photo down vertically to disguise its height, then just kek.

Im was just kidding user :)

I know it baby. :))))

>not doing 1pl8 The Press

Never actually used it. Was a bad buy

No

Yep, I do this as part of every chest days routine seeing as my cable setup can only be used for one handed fly's. So long as you have a keen sense of mind-muscle connection you can isolate each pec this way.

That thing is way to close to the left wall. How are you ever going to put the bar and weight on it on the left side

Do you have winters there? That shit wouldn't be practical where I am at because I'd probably be stuck to the bar in winter. Otherwise top notch.

They're pretty mild. I have a few outdoor fireplaces I can use, and that tall device is a propane heater.

220$ for oly set with shitty bar
40$ for homemade squat rack (1" ply with two 4x6 posts bracketed to it)
Buckets for loading cleans/deads
Got extra plates and bench free from family

Oh and there's a pullup bar hanging from the ceiling too.

Awesome sledge there mate

I used to have that same exact freestanding pull-up / dip bar on the right. It's shit - it's too light and it wobbles all over the place.

>safety catches to short to stop barbell from falling on neck
Fucking kek

I started to get bruises on my thighs when the weights get heavy. Is there a specific technique to catching it? I saw a video on YT where these guys were doing almost another jump as they were getting the bar to stop.

You can honestly just do a controlled drop and not worry about it too much.

Hey bro. This is the bar before it was bent.