Diet

Should I have a day of carb loading on keto or it's just a meme?

I been on keto for 4 months without a carb day loading.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22673594
youtube.com/watch?v=MiUyjMjuLl0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Translation: I've been dieting for 4 months and I feel like having a massive binge cheat day on all the junk food I've been missing out on. I made this thread in order to garner the support of anons so I don't feel bad about what I am about to do.

>hey i want to knock myself out of ketosis

No ,I don't want a cheat meal.

I will just eat clean bulk food like ,oats ,pasta , rice etc.

I don't plan to eat junk food.

It will get me like 2 or 3 day max, to get back on it tho.

The purpose of keto is fat loss. A carb load day would obviously work against that. If you've lost enough fat that you now want to focus on gains, then you probably shouldn't do keto at all anymore.

>t-tiny is that you

>keto for 4 months

how can u still be fat on ket for 4 months?
after a month my veins was popping

>The purpose of keto is fat loss.
It's one of the tools for fat loss. In ketosis your digestive system is using stored fat for energy, that's all it is. Even at a low 10% BF your body has a plethora of energy to use just from stored fat. Strict keto diet circlejerkers find no reason to eat carbohydrates, because of this. Keto mode can also be used to bulk, you simply eat more calories, the advantage would be is that you keep that energy without the insulin spikes/crashes from your body using the sugar for energy. It's difficult to eat more calories while staying in ketosis, that's why bodybuilders/lifters can choose to eat carbohydrates to bulk more easily. There's no real wrong way. I believe the most important thing is to eat vegetables.

OP, eat your vegetables, track your calories, and eat whatever you want. Just don't let food addiction take over you. Hold yourself accountable for what you do.

>doing keto for 4 months

Everything you eat is a cheat meal

>In ketosis your digestive system is using stored fat for energy, that's all it is.

That only happens when you eat at a caloric deficit. It's the same thing that happens when you eat a non-keto diet.

shhhh keto fags believe that depleting glycogen reserves makes a significant difference in weight loss and its not just chalked up to water loss from lack of carbohydrates and a calorie deficit.

people have been doing atkins for years. ya'll are retarded

That's not what a carb load is

it's a meme. serves no purpose. reverses your progress, then takes you 4 days to get back into ketosis, and then at least 1 more to lose the extra weight you put back on. so minimum 6 days just to get back to where you are right now, plus extra stress incurred by shifting energy systems twice in the space of a few days.

if you're craving carbs, do it. But don't kid yourself, there are no benefits and there are definitive negatives.

buy a 12 taco box from TB and a 12 pack of your favorite beer. 1 beer to 1 taco is the goal. during, binge watch a show on netflix. then wake up, cure your hangover and get back to the real world.

You have no idea how insulin works do you?

I eat a load of carbs after I've lifted. Works well for me.

Obviously I'm powerlifting though, so I'm not too concerned about my bodyfat.

you have no idea how insignificant the difference is do you?

and yes i do. my dad has diabetes sooooo

:o)

Keto fucking sucks. Yes it works but so does counting macros and you have more energy

you are thick in the head aren't yuh..

enlighten us all

no asshole. i come here to tell people what diet advice works and doesnt work. since this pic ive lost over 15lbs. thats 15 lbs in less than a month. and yes i squat. wtf have you done lately?

Why though?

carb cycling master race reporting in

going full keto is going full retard, never go full retard
>not eating one of only three macro nutrients at all

carb cycling has been used by professional natty bodybuiders for decades.

the BEST diet for carb cycling is vince gironda's maximum definition diet. keto for 3-4 days and then a heavy carb MEAL.

the anabolic diet is pretty much the same thing but easier for scheduling. its keto m-f with carb loading sat and sunday eat more of a balance between carbs fats and protein.

well, the difference in fat loss is well proven.

no, because of the limited storage you lose fat whenever you don't have any in your digestive system. that's a huge difference.

this user is kinda right, but some fat people might eat on keto for more days

depending on your activity level you should at least have a carb up MEAL every now and then.
keeps your metabolism active and your hormones in balance. also it is fun. and some people even lose more when carbing up regularly.

>well, the difference in fat loss is well proven

Where?

use google, kiddo.

I did and all I found was a bunch of quackery and poorly designed "studies" done by the Atkins foundation.

ketofags btfo
when will people stop doing this stupid unhealthy shit

did you just samefag yourself?

not that user

then you must be retarded.
like, incredibly dumb. i won't waste my time serving you your education on a silver plate, that's likely what your teachers already did to no avail.
i'll give you my very first google result:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22673594

but the list is long. you should especially look into contemporary endocrinological studies.

youtube.com/watch?v=MiUyjMjuLl0

here's the video. quite interesting. and one hell of a shitty study, but no wonder a vegan jerks off on it.

Depends what youre gonna eat dude. If its pancakes thats cool. If its 2 double western bacon cheeseburgers with criss cross fries thats cool too. I would also recommend doing it yourself if your with others you will lose everything. Trust me.

>The participants were given detailed information on the LCKD and LCD during their initial visit. They were then advised to take choose an LCD or an LCKD, depending on their preference. Initially, participants in the LCKD group were instructed to follow the LCKD as individuals or in small groups, with an initial goal of w20 g/d of carbohydrate. The list of recommended and restricted foods in the LCKD is presented in Table 1.

They took a bunch of fat people and gave them the option to either try restricting calories eating the same junk food that they had problems overindulging on in the first place or go on a ketogenic diet. No randomization, no attempts to compare with an ordinary healthy diet recommended by mainstream medical organizations. Worse, they did not measure compliance or even set goals for calorie restriction. Unsurprisingly the ketogenic group lost more weight and saw improved biomarkers secondary to weight loss as literally any diet that limits food choices - such as one composed entirely of potatoes - results in spontaneous reduction in caloric intake.

>but the list is long. you should especially look into contemporary endocrinological studies.
What studies? Go on. It's not like I got enough entertainment from your serious case of Dunning-Kruger already.