Are tomatoes healthy to eat whole once a day?

Are tomatoes healthy to eat whole once a day?

They're my favorite veggie

Other urls found in this thread:

who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/sugar-guideline/en/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watermelon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nix_v._Hedden
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah they're healthy as fuck dude. I love the fresh and tasty ones but I often get crappy ones in my sandwiches and burgers from questionable stores. Also they might be a fruit(?)

Fucking Americans

it's like 25 kcals

no they're toxic and will give you cancer and diabetes

They're a fruit and yes they're good for you.

one medium tomato has 4g of sugar, so I would maybe limit the tomatoes there bud. vegges should be eaten in moderation as they have some sugar in them. fruits should be avoided all together because they're extremely high in sugar and will raise your insulin (17g of sugar for just 1 banana). what you should be eating throughout the day is red meats, fish, and occasionally some nuts. High fat and protein, cut out the sugars, and never eat any carbs, yes, that means no whole grains, so throw out the oatmeal.

>veggie

Kys my man
Nothing better than homegrown tomatoes. Store bought are probably the worst thing ever though. Damn near tasteless and mealy.

>red meats
enjoy alzheimers, colon cancer, and massive blood sugar spikes

who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/sugar-guideline/en/

>The WHO guideline does not refer to the sugars in fresh fruits and vegetables, and sugars naturally present in milk, because there is no reported evidence of adverse effects of consuming these sugars.

At first I supposed you were rustling.

Then, I had to suspect you're actually a retard.

Sugars naturally occurring in fruits (tomatoes are fruits) are not even remotely comparable to free sugars.

>veggies should be eaten in moderation

you shouldve put a trigger warning

Tomatoes are fruit and bananas are not.

Meat rises your insulin more than sugar
Nice try paleo fag

>fruits should be avoided all together because they're extremely high in sugar and will raise your insulin
I have a healthy pancreas, faggot.

20kcal, it's great all by itself with vinegar and salt, inside a nice sandwich, makes a good ingredient to soups, what are you afraid for?

>tomatoes are fruits
>bananas are berries
What the fuck, I've been living a lie my whole life.

>he fell for the carbs are bad meme
l-m-a-o

How would you think a tomato is anything but a fruit? It's a sweet, colorful, juicy ball-shaped thing that grows on a vine and ripens before you eat it.

It even looks similar to a persimmon.

I've always assumed that it's a vegetable.

Tomatos are sweet? They taste like slimy cold sandpaper death to me

What does it have in common with broccoli, spinach, or carrots?

>veggie
>healthy

pick two

Cucumbers grow in a similar fashion. Peppers are red and sweet.

I'm going to blow your mind here: cucumbers and peppers are also fruits

Palette wise it's similar to a vegetable, in cooking it is used mainly as a vegetable. You're not dumb for thinking its a vegetable.

>Palette wise it's similar to a vegetable

What vegetable is juicy and sweet?

Peppers are spicy

Pepper are a fruit too,
Rule of thumb:
it has seeds it's a fruit

Well, shit.

"Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad."

But I think the general rule is if it's the part of the plant that contains the seeds, then it is a fruit, but if it is any other part of the plant (stem, root, or leaves), then it is a vegetable. That's how I remember it.

Dude That's not how you classify it
If it has seeds it's a fruit

But then watermelon is a berry.

No, watermelon has seeds you retard it's a fruit

>watermelon is a berry
kek

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watermelon
>It is grown for its edible fruit, also known as a watermelon, which is a special kind of berry botanically called a pepo.
Derp.

top kek frend

whats wrong with paleo diet?

Since when are berries not fruit, anyway?

It's a subclass.

I know, it's just a response to the guy who suggested that watermelons cannot be berries because they are fruits.

High LDL cholesterol.

Some berries have been gmo modified to have micro seeds
that can get it outside the fruit label by definition.

In the United States a tomato is classified as a vegetable for tax reasons. There was a supreme court case about it: So yes, botanically it is a fruit, but it is treated as a vegetable.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nix_v._Hedden

Do you eat foods or rhetorical legalese?
If a law says that broccoli shall be named "nutella" do you think this would change its effects on your body?

Not at all. I just brought this up to inform all the >vegetable and >fruit posters. Nutritionally it's the exact same.

I love tomatoes but I have eczema and I hear tomatoes make eczema worse
But literally everything I cook has tomatoes in it ir as part of a side dish so I don't even fucking know how I would go about removing them from my diet

EAT EVERYTHING

> tomato
> vegetable