How long until you can curl 40lbs from nothing? Seems there's little need to go over that unless it's to sate your ego

How long until you can curl 40lbs from nothing? Seems there's little need to go over that unless it's to sate your ego.

from nothing?

Are you saying you can't curl any weight but the weight of your own arm?

>progressive overload is only for the big 3
Nice bait

>Seems there's little need to go over that unless it's to sate your ego.
what are you trying to say?

>sate your ego.
Isn't that the whole point of lifting? To feel better about yourself?

Can curl 45 for 5 took me a year from 20

Who gives a shit about curling?

Big biceps make you look like a gym rat, the trick is to get swole without getting bulging biceps so that normalfags think that you just have a genetically godly FRAME.

well i dont really do regular curls but i can do 3x12 hammer curls with 35lbs

i'll probably be moving to 40lbs when the end of the last set doesn't have any struggle.

idk i started at 25ish and took me maybe 8-10 months? i didn't count

I actually agree with this. Big arms, especially biceps, look retarded. We have a few guys in my gym who've obviously spent way too much time curling and they just look silly. it's far better to look naturally athletic

Assuming nothing is 25lb, about 3 months? You get stronger faster than you get volume.

Im at 20 kg curl and i been lifting a year
I mostly only do compounds though

>doesn't do curl prs: the thread

Have fun never having people swoon over your sick arms

Agree to an extent, but you don't want a huge torso/legs and skelly arms

It looks really stupid

>you will never be this big

pls tell me this is shopped

i'm at 40lbs after 3½ months of training, strict preacher curls, started with 18 or 20 don't remember

i did them twice a week with a drop set on the second session to let them rest during the weekend. eat and sleep well.

posting pictures like this promotes body dismorphia. please post with care, user

If you curl more than that you're probably just using really shitty form, using momentum and shit, with curling you gotta be slow and steady.

THIS!!!!!!!
Don't be a shit lord OP

are you really as insecure as a woman?

>Big arms, especially biceps, look retarded.
the stupidity in Veeky Forums sometimes baffles me.

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of all the people mirin' Chris Evans.

I guess you've never seen a guy IRL with disproportionally large arms. the guy you're posting doesn't either so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make

that's what you consider big arms? ok, buddy

*tips low-bar fedora*

Yes. I do, because I don't suffer from body dysmorphia.

OK, but you're posting people with proportional arms. the point here was people with disproportionally big arms looking silly.

You're moving the goal posts. "disproportionally big arms" was never stated anywhere and I'm not defending disproportionality. The claim was "big biceps make you look stupid."

No, your opinion makes you look stupid.

the guys you posted do not have particularly big arms, and it was clear to everyone without autism that the key point was disproportionally big arms. if you want to keep posting people with normal physiques then go ahead, just keep in mind that nobody cares

>both dudes showed have 18" or more guns
>not big
If you definition of big is rich piano big, then you are already lost.

>mfw normal helthy people cant curl 40's
>mfw I occasionally curl the 80's for sets

I have no face

It was just about big biceps you goalpost moving faggot

Chris Evans is 17 inch isn't he?

yes, to a person with autism it was just about the size of the biceps. you are absolutely right.

Even most DYEL's can curl the 40's with decent form. I think I was 15 and weighed 112 lb when I first curled 40's (good form, anyone can put them up by swinging). I am currently 135 lbs on 55's for 10 with good form.

This guy would look better with smaller arms desu

>I'll use "autism" to deflect by my stupidity

There was no underlying point about that.
All you fags talked about was making it seem like you were naturally built. Which defeats "secret points" on its own, but you both said outright big biceps. Now you're backtracking and inserting things never even implied and firing off at everyone else because you're an idiot and your point got defeated with examples

>well you see I actually meant disportionately even though that wasn't hinted at in the slightest and we both were talking about HEIGHT FRAME

>roid physiques at

No you don't.

>projecting
just because YOU are new doesn't mean everyone else is... if you curl 40lbs after 5 years of lifting you've been doing it wrong.

Post video of you curling 55 for 10

is all about proportions there's people with 15 inch biceps that look retarded because they're manlets without shoulder or back and there are people with 18 inch biceps that look good. But yeah big biceps usually make you look like a gym rat specially if you have high body fat

....I think I was curling 40lbs right out the gate.

Like I'm a weak as fuck manlet on a cut. And I curl 60 for 5. 50 for eight.

I do Arnold curls for 15 reps with the 45 lbs ones and its piss easy lmao,i have 15 inch arms.

>mediocrity
>the post

>people talking about db curls and bb curls in the same thread

>have a genetically godly FRAME
Misleading statement. The majority of bodies have frames suitable to look "godly" is you put it, it is the minority cases that do not.

qed

I'm confused as well lol, I always assumed they just meant dumbell curls.
Do 40 pound dumbell curls for 3X5, DYEL for life.