/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

OLYMPICS Weightlifting General
A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>superior russians edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
chinfl.blogspot co.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
dropbox.com/sh/mjgz5nmcikhhvnu/28iq3URWUW

>helpful blog on some technique quirks:
yashathoughts.com

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

>Commisar's notes on the dank, zesty Meme Method (DZMM)
pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YAupmbtJJi0
youtube.com/watch?v=F8footxl2S4
m.france24.com/en/20160414-vegetarian-strongman-weightlifter-ilya-ilyin-eyes-3rd-gold-rio
allthingsgym.com/dmitry-klokov-interviews-ilya-ilyin/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this fool is still so strong for a 35 yr old dude

>giant american flag

what are you trying to say

In for no twinks

is that you deliuge?

Guys I got a 200kg training total, so im going to start tripping. Any suggestions on trip names?

Pas

Difference between snatch deadlifts and snatch grip deadlifts pls

How do people manage to fuck up their bar path so bad?
>this fool is still so strong for a 35 yr old dude
I think at that age you start to lose strength in dynamic/explosive movements and mobility but grip and static strength go up.

Yung Clean

>How do people manage to fuck up their bar path so bad?

are you talking about berestov's bar path

apparently it's not bad enough that he won the gold in the olympics

it's just bad because you said so, an internet expert coach

Talking about the push press not the clean, how does it end up so forward?

he just dont have the strength to finish the lift that's why he throws it in front, it can stay right above his head forever but it won't lockout because it's heavy

the other is a meme the other one is maymay

It looks like if he just got his head/body under, more forward, he could have gotten it.

he just wasn't trying very hard, he already won the olympics

he's done 200 off the racks for a double, that power clean looks hard so he dont have enough to finish it

youtube.com/watch?v=YAupmbtJJi0

>to lose strength in dynamic/explosive movements

so what was he doing? isn't that explosive movement? which means ur wrong lmaooo

real thread

no
enough is enough

this makes me want to hyperventilate

benis

dont make fun of this natty weightlift

I just bought plates and a barbell. Is this routine fine?

Day 1
Snatch
Snatch Pull
Front Squat

Day 2
Jerk
Push Press
Overhead Squat

Day 3
Clean & Jerk
Clean Pull
Front Squat

Day 3 normally has back squats but I don't have a squat rack yet.

so you're gonna clean the bar before front squatting it?
IMO just increase pull volume until you get a rack

also maybe instead of ohs do bodybuilding stuff

>so you're gonna clean the bar before front squatting it?

That was the plan.

>IMO just increase pull volume until you get a rack
>also maybe instead of ohs do bodybuilding stuff

Could you be more specific? I do have some dumbbells (up to 25lbs).

well you're probably not advanced tier so you should probably work on lots of BB work. I like 5x10, but you can do anything high total volume

shoulders (db press, klokov press, ohp, push press)
upper back (rows, front rack holds, rear delt flyes)
triceps (dips, plate extensions, cgbp)
lower back (back hypers, supermans, reverse hypers, good mornings)
core (rollouts, planks, leg raises (non squat day only))

throw in core and lower back every day, but once or twice a week you should pick a muscle group or two and hammer it

youtube.com/watch?v=F8footxl2S4 im 19 and weight 198 and bench 245 thoughts

fukken weak and retarded and no one cares im just here to give you a (you)

btw pls dont bomb me i didnt realize u was a terrorist till i actually clicked on it

im sorry man

A lot of this requires extra equipment I don't have, but I'll remember to factor in some volume work.

What can I do when I suffer from knee pain through squats?
You weight lifters squat quite quad dominant and for that you allow your knees to be quite close in.

And I watched a lot of powerlifter perform maximal weights and they too get their knees in for heavy lifts.

Why do my knees ache and hurt whenever I I do not have them absurdly pushed out? (Which makes me around 20kg weaker)
Don't get it.

first off, where on the knee is there pain? What part of the lift makes it hurt/what movement?

there's a possibility you're shoving knees forward and putting strain on patellar tendon

Hard to tell, I can't feel it anywhere specific.
It's like in the upper part of the knee, all around, a kind of burning pain that is somewhat deep in the knee.

It's like the entire knee joint is aching, hard to describe.

My knees never really feel totally comfortable, but when I force my knees to stay out on the way up in the squat then they definitely feel better.

But this kind of movement makes the whole squat kind of hip and aductors only - I feel my quads way less and I am also easily 20 kg weaker.

The pressure on my knees that I can feel during squats kind of feels like when I stand up and then bend my knees, allowing my bodyweight to shift onto them.

That already feels really uncomfortable and starts this burning feeling.

Mate I can't do any overheads right now both shoulders hurt if I do any pressing or jerk doesn't matter if there's 100kg on the bar or 20kg what do I do?

sounds to me like ur a bitch

yeah I have exactly the same issue, so I know what you're talking about. Next time you lift, instead of focusing on keeping knees 'close in' or however you think about your body moving, just ignore your knees completely. Focus on nothing, or even just close your eyes, and instead visualize your hips moving forward and down, with the weight balanced on the midfoot and back straight

that's kind of non-specific, does it hurt more when elbows are forward or out to side? Is anything tight like triceps? pic related

Alright - hipe drive is actually a thing I never cued and kind of missed out on.

And then I will also try to bring my stance in a little while making my feet less angled.
They are pretty aggressively rotated, which I kind of got used to when I started squatting because they would naturally shift into such rotation throughout a set.

I have a few things left that I can try and expiriment with, but I am beginning to have this bad feeling that for some reason I can't squat properly without killing my knees.

Bar position makes no difference. I think I might have some tendonitis in shoulder.

That's good man

Pussy let's see what you got

not quite hip drive, hip stability. You should be in control of your torso angle the whole time, with core strongly braced so that you know where the bar is and where your torso is

and don't shift in or anything, just pick a stance that feels comfy and lets your torso drop between legs. Squats that don't hurt are definitely possible, but in order to achieve them you need to avoid jutting your knees forward because that eccentric load of all the weight on your back is gonna fuck em. Just focus on engaged quads, as if you're letting your dick lead the way and holding position using quads

yeah that's possible too
rest and mobilize fahm

Alright lad, thanks a lot for your input - I will try and see if I can fix it.

I have no idea why I run into so many problems though. It's disgusting, stuck at 4pl8 already, goddamn it.

I believe really strong lifers are just blessed with not running into such hurdles.

OP:
>superior russian edition
with an american flag in the background

I'm stuck at 3.5pl8 and have probably been lifting a lot longer. Part of it was that I learned to low bar and switching to high bar just gave me does not compute errors, was doing the wrong shit all the time

I'm going to just do lunges for 15 minutes to build up work capacity, is this a good idea? Should I add anything else in?

I think I am close to already around 1.5 years into squatting.
But well, consider that I weight 120kg (6'4).
I doubt you are that heavy.

What is holding you back at the moment? You also mentioned knee pain - still having that?

partially, but when I squat by breaking at the knee, forcing them out to make room for torso, and a widish stance, I just develop no power. It takes maybe 40kg off my squat, and feels so awkward that I hate it

Are you stupid

Yeah, just like me ... .

I spent hours watching classic powerlifting (IPF) people squatting, watched Clarence as bit, highbar weightlifter, etc.
None of them have their knees far out when they push out of the hole.
Most of them already have them quite far together and those that do not have them come in once they got out of the hole.

I mean, just watch Clarence do heavy squats - the exact knee movement that he does when he tries to push up is what I get too when I try to get heavy weight up.

But it seems that for me it kills my knees and for him (and all others) it doesn't even seem to bother them.

Clarence's knees at this point are basically scar tissue held together by bone spurs, so I suspect its less a matter of not hurting and more him not caring.

part of it I think is hip socket related, I am extremely strong at lockout (I've done a pin squat at 260kg before) but extremely weak when I'm super deep and knees are apart

This.
Clarence's knees are/were fucked big time.

Must be a pretty we'll working conjunction if it holds together under the weight that he moves.
But why is it that our knees hurt under the same circumstances that others knees don't?

I don't get that.

because I don't think they're actually the same circumstances

could also be we're both tight in quads or something

Sigh.

So, what's your plan?

iktf but I'm much much weaker than he is ;-;

Sounds fukken dumb but u always were desu

Genetics mate.

Just have some fish and olive oil, it helps.

i thought deliuge left china and was studying in us now? what's he doing taking pictures with diane food

m.france24.com/en/20160414-vegetarian-strongman-weightlifter-ilya-ilyin-eyes-3rd-gold-rio

He's actually a vegetarian?

Yes, nowadays at least. He talks about it here allthingsgym.com/dmitry-klokov-interviews-ilya-ilyin/

Hey can someone post a picture of klokov with his Olympic gold medals?

He's on every drug known to man so I'm sure he could live on protein powder and oats alone and still be as strong as he is.

Delet this

This is a joke right. Shitklov never won gold.

Klokov may not.have been the best ruski lifter

But is he the most charismatic?

no koklyaev was ahead of klokov, even before klokov became a thing there was koklyaev everywhere

and he was a way better lifter than klokov too probably would have won gold if they let him compete

>implying Klokov wouldn't have gotten gold in 2012 if he had competed

Akkaev would if he competed too

Would've been a good show tbqh

Instead we barely even got a competition in the 105kg class.

That's not gold.

Idk he's cool but idk if he is as charismatic and saying he's way better isn't very fair seeing as he weighed about 55kg heavier

I'm saying koklyaev was closer to both Wrs

I'm not comparing their numbers directly

Are you fucking retarded?

W-wew

How do you guys build work capacity/build cardio?

by doing cardio

Idk maybe volume?

Shit that's so hard to figure out damn

I was talking about peak strength, he won't get stronger the older he gets.

Eating and sleeping well
Volume workouts
Doing cardio

not rocket science

Ok how do I do this at home? Or where can I put it Into a program?

jump rope, GOAT

Can't I just do like 500 overhead squats with a broom? As we'll as handstand holds ?

Wow this is the first time a country has ever doped its athletes to get gold at the olympics!

Good find I rep you when I recharge!!!

>500 overhead squats with a broom

bro just buy a rope, you're wasting your time if you need two fucking hours of exercise to accelerate your heart rate

That's not a very good way of comparing if someone is better either

I think we're both retarded

I mean it only takes 20 minutes at most. Why not do something more sports specific ?

S I N C L A I R

The exposure of a state-sanctioned doping system is news, no matter how jaded you are about doping in general.

Yeh but desu m8 this news broke ages ago not really alot new

Russia doped, fake wada lab, blahblahblah

Yeah well based off Sinclair klokov would be the better lifter so that guy is wrong then

what exercise is that?
should i do it in sets of 5 reps?

So? Please enlighten me on what's the problem here.

quoted you accidentally sorry.

Nothing wrong m8 just it's not new news so that's why people arent too bothered anymore

Sinclair favors lighter lifters idiot, ofc klokov would have better Sinclair compared to a super heavy

i snatched 100kg today wheres my trip

>Shitklov
how dares