Bike thread

What type of bike does Veeky Forums ride

This is my daily commuter till I build my rode bike

Other urls found in this thread:

linkedin.com/pulse/why-bike-saddle-can-damage-nerves-your-penis-clitoris-paul
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ride it on the daily

Winter bike: CCM Elite mountain bike. It's a piece of shit I clean once a year and I hope to get one more winter out of it before giving it away for scrap metal.

Poor weather/errand bike: 12-year old DeVinci Stockholm, a 'touring hybrid', nice commuter bike. Weighs about 22 lbs, replaced rims on it last summer to go to 27mm centre-line tires, great for keeping up more or less with downtown traffic on shitty urban pavement. Back rack, panniers. No toe clips.

Nice weather bike: refurbished 1991 or so Marinoni. Beautifully smooth old racing bike. Cost me $60 because my brother-in-law bike mechanic is a goddam genius. Bear-trap toe clips.

Workout bike: 2008 Devinci LeMans 3. Carbon front and back forks. It's a barely passable road bike by today's standards, but still beautifully solid at 70 km/h and I like it. Clicky pedals I've got used to.

This when I wanna do road. I also have a Kona Process for mtb, but I don't use it as much

She's been an amazing bike.

What are photos

got this cutie by 70 dolars off craiglist to get some cardio at rest days.until my gay retard brother fucked it up completely

I just have a touring bike I use for everything. No need to get the fancy stuff if I'm not racing.

Thinking of getting a bike to cycle to work/uni. What sort of bike do I need? What other shit do I need? It's about 30kms either way, about 50/50 trails and roads.

Trek 7.2

Ride it around the city, long distance, some moderate trails, handles pretty much everything.

Specialized Enduro Comp 29

Can you commute on this and keep up with cagers?

No my office is a 40 minute drive from where I live. And there isn't a big bike culture in my city.

But it it's pretty heavy, not built for speed.

Is that front rotor bigger than the rear?

Why is the paint job like that?

Specialized 29 Camber carbon Evo Expert

>was considering commuting on bike to pay down student loans faster and save cash
>Leery about the non bike friendly metro I live in
>Get offered company vehicle and unlimited fuel today
Looks like I'm not commuting on bike

Specialized Allez Sport. Ride it to work at nights

park car at trolley station every morning and get on this baby for work, school, and back

Fuji Roubaix 1.0 LE

super entry level

Your mom is super entry level.

Fuji Tread 1.5

Some sick bikes ITT.

something similar to this
>tfw dutchfag

Weight saving, rear brakes only produce 30% of your stopping power so they lock up easier, you don't need extra power from a large rotor at the rear.

It is personal preference though.

That saddle doesn't match the bike in the slightest, looks like it'd be uncomfortable for long rides

>mountain bike
>long rides

Are you trying to tell me there's no such thing as a 'long rides' (a completely subjective term) with MTB?

Yes

Found the fattie with 0 cardio

2/10 made me respond.

My 600 Euro bike just got stolen a couple of days ago. Feels sad man...

That's a bummer dude, worst feeling.

>cardio with a mountain bike

Want a bike for occasional rides to the gym and riding asphalt trails in the state park. I'd like to use it for some commuting when I can. I can't spend too much.

Is my best bet craigslist, or something new?

Do you wear a helmet? Which one?

>Is my best bet craigslist, or something new?
Depends how much is "too much" for you.

>Do you wear a helmet?
Of course. I'm not a kid who doesn't wear a helmet because it looks "uncool".

>Which one?
The one that fits your head and you think looks good.

>Not hitting berms for an hour for your cardio

Enjoy getting hit by a car

>Enjoy getting hit by a car
Cars don't drive on the cycleway.

Bought this 1 week ago, my first bike after childhood, i like it a lot :)

Have you been hitting the trails a lot yet?

This is my steed, have since upgraded to Ultegra chainset. Rides like an absolute dream

Not realy, didnt have much time because of work and the weather was realy shitty.

Will do it this weekend tho.

don't ride it as much as I'd like since my legs are always sore from squats.

I live by a park so I like to take long walks through there for some cardio

Ignore the dildo strapped to my seat

a nakamura royal piece of shit from sportchek

jesus christ its barely better than walmart

>paid $219
>4 months of riding
>bad tire already done had to spend another $54 on new one
>bottom bracket shitting its self
>doesnt shift gears correctly anymore

JUST

This is my ride! Anyone knows what a old Cannondale like this could be worth today?

Myron quads

>buying expensive as fuck bikes
>so they can be stolen

Beginner rider here.
Dumbass pics probably gonna rotate but it's my Fuji sportify two.5
Just got it like a week and a half ago. Been riding almost everyday

That's why you don't lock them up in public.

Implying I didnt buy my bike on gumtree for £5 and then fix it up for

so where do you lock them up when in public?

Not much, couple hundred bucks if you're lucky

You don't if they're crazy expensive, you keep them by your side at all times. Locks are super easy to get through if you know what you're doing.

I have a cheap bike I ride if I need to lock it up, I never ride my race bikes down to the shops.

>go to rich neighbourhood
>steal a bike

I ride the type that has a motor and runs on gas

>using the spoked jew
just walk ,stop clogging up traffic and running over pedestrians on """bike lanes""" in the middle of the fucking sidewalk

>tfw bikes wheels become "untrue" after a few months
JUST

Picked this one up about 6 years ago and haven't looked back since

Only if you have shit stock wheels/a shit wheel build. Properly built wheels will stay straight through years of abuse.

not with my fat ass riding them

>When you can't use basic punctuation correctly
>Thinking your opinion matters

Get a better mechanic then.
I'm 90kg and have trashed some wheels I have for a couple of years and they're fine.

Unless you're like 120kg+ then it's not impossible to have strong, lasting wheels.

A mountain bike my uncle made 15 years ago. Solid as fuck bike, never had any kind of problem, use it every day to go to work

Love you uncle Steve

>im 90kg

wow its fucking nothing

Found the fatass.

yes get a bike on craigslist, find a steel frame road bike, then post on /n/ in the buy bike general about the ones you find. They will help you

Please dont cheap out on a helmet and buy a shitty one, make sure it fits as well

I get called out all the time at uni (somewhat jokingly) for wearing a helmet buut it probably saved my life when I did come off my bike and smacked into the rear end of a bus

Cool thanks

i know i said in i was a fat ass

Just got it a few weeks ago for my upcoming tour.

My tire on my normal road bike blew up so I'm using this in the mean time to get used to everything & have an excuse so I don't have to buy another tire.

>Brooks saddle
The most comfortable ride to erectile dysfunction you'll ever have.

>groin area goes numb half way through ride
panic

i'm seriously thinking of getting another saddle for my tour but I hear that once you break in a brooks saddle, its the most comfy saddle out there.
I have this one on my road bike a SMP TRK GEL.

It's great but desu I don't really love either of the saddles so far.

Hold up, fampai-

Which of these is best to keep the semen-squirter healthy?
There's no explanation to which is better...

nice one senpai

I have this when I do some rides, otherwise I have a normal cheap moiuntainbike for daily rides (uni and work).

but thats fucking boring bro

Full rigid single speed mountain bike. It goes where i pedal it. No pussy ass gear dropping when things gets nasty.

>pussy ass gear dropping when things get nasty

You mean changing to an appropriate gear for optimum transferal of power.

Older than I am- heavier than I am.

Same here. Dutchfag too.

oude rammelbak gazelle masterrace reporting in

Have you not gotten hypoxic burn in your quads after climbing 2000ft of switchbacks? DYEmtb?

>hypoxic burn

"I got really bad lactic acid coz my legs are pathetic"

I'm mad jelly of everyone here. I'm riding an old bike from 1996. It's ok but I got it from my dad. And I don't have enough for a new bike yet.

I definitely wanna ride though.

my dick keeps falling asleep when riding. I adjusted my seat 5 times now. Nothing works.

Nice! Is that a good bike for riding on hilly streets?

I need something like this. I want to ride to one of my jobs. That's 20min away, but the hills are shit tier. It's like 4 miles of hills incline, varying inclines. Luckily on the way back it's only 1-2 miles of inclines. It would be awesome to get back into riding. I'm only using my trainer in the basement.

i had to angle my seat down slightly and that worked

Honestly any bike would work fine.
It's all about the gear range that you have. this bike is designed to have a lot of mounting holes for gear like in pic related. The drive train in the front has 3 different rings & in the back a wide amount of different speeds.

linkedin.com/pulse/why-bike-saddle-can-damage-nerves-your-penis-clitoris-paul

the fuck

i just got one of those tires put on my bike

>tfw cant patch tires like the old days

Hypoxic burn is not the lactic acid soreness.

Veeky Forums is full of so many retards.

oh shit yeah i need some mounting holes. One for my phone for gps and something to carry goods like in that picture. Fuck that looks cool.

I have mountain bike style. i love the handle in that pic.

have 2 bikes

a tern eclipse and a single speed focale

the focale is on a trainer in the bedroom.

thanks for that man. I knew i wasnt crazy. I felt the head of my dick and it was like nothing was there. But I love riding so much, recently got back into it, just cant even ride more than 15min without a problem.

you only need mounting holes to carry bags. Everything else that's small can just be mounted on the handlebars. Although If you put a lot of stuff on you would want to get some wider ones eventually.

With my bike I can carry so many groceries & things.

You could also get a more of a road bike feel with a rear rack, like pic related

>tfw been using WD-40 on chain
>tfw fag in store tells me its the worst thing ever so he can sell me some shit

I've pretty much worn down the knobby dirt tires.

He wasn't lying, ye fokken knob. Haha

>mountain bike on the road

I got one of these but its not as fun to ride as I thought it would be with the bitch ass traffic being so high cars honking at me left and right sometimes I rather just go running to the gym