QTDDTOT

Shit hip anatomy limits me with front squats, but back squats are fine.
What should I replace FS with?

Other urls found in this thread:

fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are good exercises for triceps that dont strain the elbows too much?

Friend that has a fucked up elbow had less difficulty doing skullcrushers with an EZ bar than anything else, have you tried it ?

Would running only mk-677 for a first cycle of sarms be good? Or do I add lgd-4033?

Yea, ive done skullcrushers, pulldowns with rope and bar and bent over pulldowns. I was just wondering if anyone knew which one strained the elbows the least. I think I'll go back to skullcrushers than if it worked for your friend.

What are some good hypertrophy programs to follow if I solely want to add mass?
My current stats after 5mo (all 1rm):
Squat 260
Bench 180
Ohp 110
Diddly 305

I've stopped progressing with strength and I look like shit still. I want to focus on hypertrophy and gaining mass while maintaining my current numbers, what should I do?

Look into PPL programs or UL splits. I think you'd be better off doing a PPL program tho.

SS+GOMAD

Do you know any good ones? I don't think I wanna add more weight currently because it's really fucking hard to progress. I'm still pretty far off of my goal of 1/2/3/4, but for now I wanna add pure mass because I look small.

Candito's 6 Week Strength Program calls for 2 of the following:

1. Calf Raises On Leg Press
2. Any other form of calf raise.
3. Leg Curl
4. Leg Extension (can be useful to relieve knee pain as a cooldown)
5. Isolation Glute Exercises
6. Single Leg Press
7. Single Leg curl

I don't have access to a gym so I can only do these:

2. Any other form of calf raise.
5. Isolation Glute Exercises

I have a barbell so I plan on doing calf raise for #2.

TL;DR
>What are exercises I can do for #5/Isolation Glute Exercises with a barbell and bench?

SS+GOMAD indeed...

I've lost around 25 pounds of fat while doing pushups and situps 6 times a week
I was gonna join the gym and start lifting this weekend but I'm not sure if it's better to lift now or when I get thinner or what

For the record I'd like to lose another 20 or 30 pounds but I'm afraid it'll take me another 4 or 5 months and I'd like to get lifting this summer

What's 1/2/3/4 ? Is it 1 rep maxes or 5 rep maxes?

1pl8 OHP
2pl8 Bench
3pl8 Squat
4pl8 Deadlift
1RM

This is total bro-science but its helped me hugely breaking plateaus and adding size, I do a bro split of:
>Chest/Tris (priority on bench)
>Back/Bis (Priority on dead)
>Legs/Shoulders (Priority on Squats)

I started by doing a crazy hypertrophy day (8 sets of 8 maxing at 70-80% of PR) for each bodypart/day once a month, once you get used to it do it twice a month.

Presently I'm doing equal days of heavy lifting and hypertrophy lifting and I've been seeing results for the first time in a while. Gonna continue til the end of my cut around July.

Only dyels say it is 1RM. It is 5RM.

I really don't give a fuck about going past 1/2/3/4; I have nothing to prove to anyone strength wise; I just wanna look good while being able to do 1/2/3/4.
All the autists on here who call others "weak faggots" because they can't squat 4 plates are all projecting e-statting morons. I wanna lift a heavy amount (in my opinion) and look good - fuck the functional strength, I don't need it and I care about my joints.

kek fuck off twink

Hey guys..

I'm on 500mg test-e and 400mg Deca per week...

I'm starting to get fairly bad acne on my chest, belly, shoulders, and back...
How the fuck do I deal with this!?!? How do those juice heads avoid acne!?!?

I'm already showering twice a day and using acne wash

Enjoy your arthritis at age 50 retard

When a refugee comes to rape you you will regret not being strong.

I'm just finally coming up on 1/2/3/4 stats after about 1.5 years of lifting seriously. I wanna eventually hit the 1,000lb club but im happy with 2/3/4 for now

>implying I'd ever go hand to hand with a rapefugee
This isn't ancient Greece faggot, we have guns now.
For 1 rep right?
Nice either way man, you're doing better than 99% of normies.

So my TDEE is 2100. I spent two weeks eating about 1000 a day on average, sometimes lower. And I lost no weight. Is eating too far below your TDEE a bad idea or did I just not give it enough time? I am and have been well hydrated so I don't think it was that. I was using MFP.

Don't starve yourself, your body will begin burning muscle to sustain itself.
Eat below your tdee, do cardio if you want and lift.

what should my sets of weighted dips/chinups look like? 3x5/5x5/3xF???

For weighted always do 3x5.

Lel metabolic damage lel.

Nipples poke through shirt. Am dude. What do?

wear black

that sexual frustration tho

So I'm 2 days into SS 3x5 with rows instead of cleans. Will be increasing everything by 2 2.5s every time I go. I'm starting with just the bar for everything but the bar. This makes me feel great about OHP but bullshit with my squat. How do I judge what 80% is? Is it worth trying to figure out, or does the fact that I havent lifted in years say I should just keep adding 5 lb for everything until I stall on something?

>I'm starting with just the bar for everything but the bar.

Fuck, I mean everything but deadlift that has 1pl8.

When I started lifting almost a year ago I was all about focusing on that hip draive for the squat. To help with this I focused on looking down as Rip suggested. However after about 6 months I noticed I was starting to turn my squats into a squat morning. I've since slowly changed by gaze to looking slightly forward, I found this helps me keep my hips from shooting up without moving the bar and it lowers the work that my back has to do.

Has anybody else had this experience when learning to squat? I only low bar squat btw.

So
How do I tell if a gym has certain equiptment before going there and they don't respond to my emails or calls

Go in person and ask for a tour.

Just read up on that. Nope, I feel awesome and my poops are healthy. I'm just going to add more cardio and eat closer to my TDEE.

I used to be beautiful when I was skinny but during HS I got fat and still am after.
I'm 190 lb (obese as fuck) right now and I feel awful about it after lurking around here for a few minutes and thinking/comparing.

My question is how do convince myself to keep going if I start?
First off, I mostly go on /ic/ and draw for the most of my days along with keeping up with college. I want to get good at drawing so badly because it's been my passion for years and years. I don't feel comfortable doing anything else, it's like some autism. I just don't feel inspired or compelled to study in depth about getting fit, I'd spend hours learning how to paint or refine one of my fundamental abilities.

I don't know, can someone who's into art shit too convince me to get fit?

Do you need a tan to be aesthetic? I am 1 tier abode albino mode, but I don't want to get skin cancer from tanning.

>34" chest
>31" waist
>36" hips

How do I combat having wide hips? It's gross :(

What's the best exercise for triceps?

Lots of chest work, Lots of back/lats work, lots of shoulder work (Specifically side delts for width)

There's a quotation that people have applied to bodybuilding...
"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and sculptor". It's attributed to Alexis Carrel, who won the Nobel prize for medicine in 1912, but it rings true. If you're into art, think of the opportunity you have with your own body.

Is it a good idea to tell people I meet in the gym that I'm struggling with depression? People who try to get to know me that is

I feel like hanging myself because of no job

Don't lay your problems on other people. It's rude and off-putting.

Nothing annoys me more than meeting someone new and 5 minutes later he drones on and on about all the bad shit happening in his life.

I've missed starting my cut early, there's a wedding in two weeks and my bulky ass wants to get laid.

Simple question: Is Keto a meme? I'm debating whether it's worth doing keto while starting an extreme cut just for the next two weeks to look good for the wedding then manage myself regularly.

When I high bar squat I put the pressure in the middle/upper part of my feet

I have no shit mobility or something else, it's just I'm paranoid of falling back when puttin the pressure in the heels (because I use flat shoes)

I mean, when I am near reaching the lowest part of the squat, the pressure is in the middle of my feet. When I'm falling, I put the pressure in my heels but when my hips are lower than my knees I put the pressure in the middle of my feet.

Is this wrong?

squatted Sunday, deadlifted yesterday, right knee feels sore... supposed to squat again tomorrow. Should I?

Halfway up my forearm i have a sharp pain. Only hurts when i do bicep exercises and it doesnt hurt when i press down on the area.

Sorry if dumb question only been lifting for 3 months.

Do some foam rolling and stretching around that knee. Practice with some squats with no bar to see how your knee is feeling, then decide from there.

If you're really not feeling it or are still unsure, might as well skip it or go light, don't fuck your knee up bro

I used to do kick boxing but dropped it a few months ago, I've been sitting on my ass for a couple months now and I feel like I need some exercise so I thought about running every day and I was wondering how it will affect my body? I also feel like I'm overeating a little bit lately, kind of letting myself go desu and feels bad. No money for gym

I'm a lil bit skinny fat, it certainly can't make me worse, can it? I could throw some extra bodyweight exercises in if you name em

weightless squats feel fine, how do I foam roll a knee specifically?

Im a recovering fatty 13%bf according to fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy

At what point should I stop cutting and start a slow bulk? Im thinking 10%

Unless you are pretty ripped, you are not 13% bf

Alright probably a stupid question
Anyone have any tips or tricks for staying interested during runs? I've gotten to the point where I can go at a nice steady pace for pretty much an hour on a treadmill but my issue is I get bored and it feels like a chore.

My caloric intake goal is 1640cal/day

I also rollerblade.

The total amount of calories that I burned today was 1600 because I skated for two hours.

If I met my goal prior to skating, and then I burned it, do I HAVE to eat again? I'm trying to lose weight.

I'm trying to understand the relationship between caloric intake and weight loss. If I eat and then burn it off, will I still lose weight?

Trying to drop 15 pounds. I'm a 5'10'' male at 155lbs.

Thanks.

No.
Also you didn't burn that many calories m8. I don't care what calculator you plugged it into

I'm doing SL 5x5 and often when progressing on bench I'll have difficulty doing the weight just because I'm progressing every workout

Would it be better to drag a bench over to a power rack and bench in there if if there's barely anybody else in the gym?

This. I have nips that are always poking... hate it.

okay.

so can you explain how the whole calorie vs weight loss thing works?

thank you for your reply though.

Tendonitis? Golfers/tennis elbow?
Are you doing straight bar curls? Stop that if it gives you discomfort. Also, be careful not to twist or put too much pressure on the wrist. While they should be straight and rigid during main compounds, it should be kind of relaxed (even limp) when biceps

But why is it sore? When did it start?
Covered in the sticky. You don't roll bone

The weight HAS to be on your heels when doing these lifts.
You are NOT going to fall backwards as you descend in a squat. The weight on your back is pushing you forwards. People collapse forwards, not fall backwards. If you have a balance issue, work on form with little to no weight

If its a mobility issue causing your heels to come up when you descend into a squat, stretch your ankles and achilles specifically

You will barely accomplish anything in 2 weeks
It's not like you're going to be shirtless anyways

No. That's personal shit. You sound crazy by telling random people specific illnesses
At least put it lightly... this just sounds fucking weird

Bench press and overhead press

I was the same. I started by reading SS and followed his advice and it got me far
So I've looked downwards and afterwards also experimented with looking up at varying angles.
I basically just look straight ahead now. It's a personal preference thing

Read the book
It tells you how to figure out your starting weights ('your first workout')

Read the sticky
You lose and gain weight through diet, not exercise

Glute bridges

Thanks for answering my question, and yes going off diagrams showing bfp's I look around 13%

If you shave your balls completely will the pubes eventually become prickly and uncomfortable as they grow back? How often do you need to shave to prevent this?

Music
Audiobooks (this for me)
If inside, place TV or something

>burned 1600 calories rollerblading
>burned 1600 calories
Pick none

>5'10 155 lbs
>trying to lose weight
THANK YOU

Learn what TDEE means (read the sticky too)
Eat less than TDEE = deficit = weight loss
If you're at a deficit and not losing weight, you're not counting something properly

Yes. Ask for a spotter (even staff can help) or use a rack with safeties
Always better safe than sorry

I don't do any accessories on lower body day except maybe plank

>le bulk or cut man
Don't be this guy. Just do whatever the fuck you want.
Also, it's very unlikely you are 13% from the way you described yourself
Post pic, CBT is good for estimates too

rollerblade guy here

ty

Yes. But as long as you dont go to failure you should be alright.

Have any of you managed to get insurance to cover gyno surgery? I've got full free insurance from the government, but IDK if they'll want to cover it.

Is StrongLifts a good program if I just want health/functional strength or should I try something else?

It'll do. The exact program is by far a secondary consideration to how much consistency and intelligent effort you bring to the gym.

What's a good alternative for cooking with oil or butter? Like, for instance, cooking eggs. My pans stick pretty nasty so not really an option to go lipidless. Is there better alternatives that don't have as much fat?

5'10, 275 pounds here. I've been going to the gym for over a month now, and I've been doing weights and cardio while there.

The gym has one of those handheld body fat scanners. I tried it just for the heck of it, and it says I'm just under 30%. Is that even possible?

I don't really care either way, as I'm still too heavy and need to lose weight regardless.

Those handheld scanners are notoriously inaccurate and inconsistent.

I keep reading on here about SL being shit because it doesn't have enough upper body and accessory work. If I do pull-ups and dips in addition will that make up for it, or would I need to add on something else?

I think this will be better here.

What's a good way to measure body fat, then? I'm apparently too fat for calipers.

There really aren't any that don't involve an annoying amount of time/effort going in.

Gyno is usually considered cosmetic surgery and thus it's not mandatory.

Yes there is. You can measure your waist and neck and then run that through a calculator. There's a margin of error of 3% but it's close enough.

Just google it.

Do you agree with this statement?
"..high reps aren't all that necessary for (compound) movements, as the time under tension (TUT) is already pretty long. It's also good to know that high reps to are not superior to low reps in terms of building muscle."

Kind of. The facts are more or less true (big compounds do have a long TUT per rep due to the ROM and high reps don't outgrow low reps with equal volume) but the conclusion is slightly overstated. Almost nothing is necessary when it comes to lifting weights, but there's an awful lot that is highly beneficial.

Need advice real quick

Currently 257lbs ( was 272 2 months ago )
Lift/cardio couple days a week,
Barely active otherwise.
Eat decently clean, water, chicken, breakfast drinks mixed with milk ( are those even healthy? )
Yogurts, not many fruits or veggies if any though

Could I maintain losing weight like this? Would eating veggies/fruits boost it quicker?

Forgot to include age and height

5'9

I am doing a ppl routine hitting each muscle 2x per week. Do you think i would be able to put on more size but also increase my strength if i do one of the days high weight low rep then the next day (for the same muscles) hypertrophy. I ask because i was "feeling it" more when k did a couple weeks having all my movements hypertrophy but i wasnt upping my strength as quick as i would have liked

The typical way to arrange this is to vary the reps based on what is your 'main' exercise. So if you're doing two push days, one would be heavy bench/light OHP and OHP-related stuff while the other is heavy OHP/light bench and bench-related stuff. There's other ways to arrange it (like you said, heavy one day light the other is also popular) but that's the usual.

How do I properly warm up my arms for dips and pullups? Is using a stretch band for warmup (paired with proper form of course) enough to avoid injuries?

Thanks

Impossible to say. Start counting calories.

Situation report and advice request:
I'm down to about 14% bf, and just curious about when I should start bulking, considering that cutting to super lean is pointless because I have nothing to cut to.

>tldr; I've cut from mega fatty to 14% bf, not sure when to start bulking. Sorry for asking this question for what I'm sure is the 10 gorillionth time.

Is it normal to have lower back pain after nearly every workout? I've been setting PBs every time I go and it's usually fine the next day.

why tf does my shoulder crack when i do various shoulder related exercises?

even jumping jacks make my shoulder crack.
and swimming.

Cut to 10-12%.

Also, just general advice, don't do a dirty bulk. Just eat at slightly above maintenance.

>pain

Is it pain or soreness? Pain is never normal, soreness can be.

eat 1800kcal a day, count calories and drink nothing but water or coffee

Thanks familia, was never going to do a dirty bulk as it seems a bit over the top. As long as I can make some more gains and my numbers go up I don't mind going steady.

Is the 500 cal surplus mentioned in the sticky a conservative number? I was under the impression a dirty bulk was eating above surplus while giving no heed to exact caloric amounts or macronutrients.

"eating above maintenance while giving no heed

Soz for tard

I fucking hate squatting, I feel nauseous every time I'm at the bottom and it just feels very uncomfortable in general despite being easily strong enough to do the exercise itself. What can I do to make squats feel better? Surely I'm not supposed to feel like I'm about to pass out at the bottom when I can handle the weight on my back.

I'm trying to do SL 5x5 MWF and C25K TTHSat, but the C25K routine only takes about 20 min (although eventually will get up to 30)

Could I do some accessory work on those days? Curls, pullups, lat pulldowns, that kind of thing? Or will it screw me over in the long run due to not letting my muscles recover/give me muscle imbalances?

I always use natural flavour (flavourless/neutral) whey, but it's getting boring, want to try Vanilla or Banana.

The thing I don't get:
How come everybody here shits on diet sodas and says it's really bad for you (which I agree on) yet still people are buying flavoured protein powder that also has a lot of artificial sweetener in it.

Is this some different sort of artificial sweetener, am I missing something or do people just not give a fuck?

tl;dr: why is nobody seeing anything wrong with flavoured whey but diet sodas are evil?