Does anyone else work a labour intensive job and find it extremely difficult to find the motivation to lift...

Does anyone else work a labour intensive job and find it extremely difficult to find the motivation to lift? I work anywhere from 8-12 hr days 6 days a week. I want to lift but I'm just so physically exhausted. How do you over come this?

>TLDR = physical job too tired to lift

Shameless self bump

Do it in the morning before work. Eat more food, drink more water.

Nope I sit on my ass and make 180k a year, sadly it's CAN and are dollar is low as fuck

I work on a ship 10-14 hrs per day half of which is standing around. i divide my sleep schedule into 2x4hr sections which might not be possible for you but i nap after my hard labor, then gym for 1.5 hrs, then do the mental aspect and go to sleep for 4 hours at night.

is this a keto diet pic ?

Do CAN hookers charge more though?

No idea it's the only one I had on my phone

I go to the gym at 4am before i go to work. I use all my energy on working out and whatever is left i put into my job.

>lentils on a meme diet

I'm a ketofag but lentils have some breddy good stats on micronutrients. Maybe when I get off I'll look into eating them.

I worked a fairly physical job and had a 32km bicycling commute for about 6 months. I didn't lift during that time, and despite my fairly physical job and tons of cardio I got fat during that time. Not fat for a normie, to be sure, but fat by my (and fit's) standards. I also lost most of my strength (though I could squat 365 when I first stepped foot back into a gym lol).

I was a in a similar position, I used to work, then hit the gym tired and arrive home completely exhausted

I decided I would train at home, I bought some dumbells and resistance bands, and installed a bar for pullups

after waking up, have a protein shake and eat carbs to get energy (don't eat too much, you'll eat again after workout), drink a cup of coffee or black tea

then wait 30 minutes doing something else,

after those 30 minutes the carbs should be mostly digested and the caffeine should kick in

you will still feel a bit sleep and weak, but it's only momentarily, start doing light reps and you will see how you get more and more strength with each set as you warm up

and train hard, rather than 80 minutes of flimsy shit, do 40 hard minutes that leave you sore

if one morning you felt like you didn't get enough training, then have another session when you're back from work

if you're more of a gym guy, then go to the gym before work, while training you can focus your mind on what you need to get done afterwards that day

Maybe eat more
Coffee pre workouts
Nap more often
I work 6-2 (at a brewery) and lift at 4pm and some days I'm so tired or I don't get home until 8 ( cause I'm buying a house)
So yeah it sucks someday. At least lift 3x per week

What kind of physical job is it that doesn't make you fit by itself?

I work in residential construction, most of my days are labor intensive. I just take a pre workout, fish oil, curcumin, remind myself to quit being a bitch and go.
I only go 3-4 days a week but I never go longer than 2 days rest.

I install led lights now so it's less labor intensive but I worked for a local contractor for about 6 months we did home remodels. The first 3 months I wasn't training but the last 3 months I did ICF on m/w/f after class. For a while in the beginning I preferred to go before work. My days I went to class were my off days but it was tough even then. If I have any recommendations I'd say go low volume take it easy and listen to your body.

you're in the band CAN? good on you sir

yikes this is why i just work part-time

well that and the surplus of freedom in general

none of them do, they'll maybe give you nice forearms and endurance but the lifting you do is almost always less than 100 pounds but repeatedly until you're almost completely exhausted.

I was working 6am-6pm in a tomato hothouse one summer during uni, and managed to fit in working out after work and having a girlfriend as well - I was in the shape of my life, but had literally no time for anything other than work, working out and fucking. I was eating 8 times a day but never got past looking like Brad Pitt in Fight Club.

The key for me was getting enough sleep, and eating enough so my body had fuel to repair the damage I was doing each day - simple stuff really.

I wake up at 4 am to do 30 minutes of cardio before my 8 hour shift as a labourer at a steel mill and still have motivation to go lift weights 5 days a week for about an hour. You are just a little bitch op.