Veganism for weight loss

just watched this documentary called UnSuperSize Me.
I never believed "before and after pics" before. but watching this got me to believe one person actually lost 200 lbs.

I am 35 yr old male. i weigh about 460 at 6'2" tall. i've always been big even at 5 years old. i'm naturally strong due to carrying all this weight around. so i am not looking to be body building like most of the folks on fit. i'm looking to drop the fat once and for all.

considering this vegan diet for health. not the hippie, save the planet bullshit.

any vegans on here care to discuss? i have a few Q's

trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=NHSrajglLV0

Other urls found in this thread:

share.kaiserpermanente.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/The-Plant-Based-Diet-booklet.pdf
richroll.com/podcast/rrp-63-free-josh-lajaunie-lost-200-lbs-plantpower-diet/
nutritionfacts.org/video/nutrient-dense-approach-to-weight-management/
google.com/?ion=1&espv=2#q=diet soda and weight
cbsnews.com/news/diet-soda-drinkers-consume-more-calories-study/
youtube.com/watch?v=4dKwHOfd2dk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Please be bait. If not, read the sticky you shitball of fat and momscience.

question one:
when they say "plant based" is that all inclusive? surely they don't mean granulated sugar counts, do they? corn? potatoes? rice? other high starch plants?

btw i never was one to add sugar or salt to anything. pissise me off that some folks can eat 3 bowl of frosted flakes with chocolate whole milk and then add sugar on top, yet never gain an ounce.

i read the sticky you faggot. and there's nothing about this that is contradictory to it.

>I never believed "before and after pics" before. but watching this got me to believe one person actually lost 200 lbs.
Are you for fucking real? There are threads on here where people lose 200 lbs. Where did you even come from? You have to be trolling.

But anyway, sugar often has bone char used in the process. I think most vegans use coconut sugar. Nothing is wrong with any of that food listed as long as you eat it in moderation.
You're such a fatass it really doesn't matter what you eat as long as you count your calories and weigh your food.

i did calorie counting and it doesn't work for me. slow metabolism and all.
i did do the low carb thing twice at 30 day intervals, lost 30 lbs each time.
but given my getting close to 40, i don't think a lot of meat and fat would do well for me.
so i'm really thinking the veganism is the way to go.

Just do intermittent fasting, m8

I lost 96lbs in 3 months doing it

Put down the fork and fucking try it

I'm 6'3", if I did it you can too

>when they say "plant based" is that all inclusive? surely they don't mean granulated sugar counts, do they? corn? potatoes? rice? other high starch plants?

The full phrase is usually "whole foods plant based," which means no refined/processed foods. Corn, potatoes, and brown rice don't count as processed foods so could be included in the diet. When they're processed into frosted flakes and potato chips, they're not.

share.kaiserpermanente.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/The-Plant-Based-Diet-booklet.pdf

do vegans feel as weak as most of them look?
why do they look so pale? and frail?
exception: that asse guy. he looks like he eats some meat tho.

>eat a calorie sparse diet
>don't lift weights

That's what people naturally look like if they aren't overweight

Well if you follow a strict vegan diet (just shitty vegetables, no processed foods of any kind, no meats or meat derivatives, no sugar of any kind, no seasoning except tiny amounts of salt), you WILL lose weight. The principle behind how this works is simple cal in v cal out.

You might feel you're eating a lot still, but most of it will be awful undisgestable fiber, which you'll just shit out. And after a while, you're going to drop the lbs if you stick with it (if go too hard you might suffer some organ damage, lose muscle mass, and go into a depression though, so be careful)

>(if go too hard you might suffer some organ damage, lose muscle mass, and go into a depression though, so be careful)
?!?!?!?!?!

I eat vegan, but my passion is more in trail running than lifting.

>i did calorie counting and it doesn't work for me. slow metabolism and all.

:)

I think he means if you literally just eat vegetables, to the point where you're only eating like 300-400 calories a day from broccoli and carrots and shit. You have to include some starchy stuff like beans and whole grains to fill up calories.

what a good belly filling, and tasty vegan dish you like?

OP confirmed for fat retard whose addiction to instant gratification makes him think losing water weight in crash diets is superior to slow weight loss the healthy way (counting calories)

If you post anything other than READ THE STICKY in this thread you are part of the problem

Do you drink soda? What is your typical day of eating like? Don't bullshit me it's a anonymous board.

are any of these allowed/advisable on vegan weight loss program?
diet soda?
artificial sweeteners?
stevia?
crystal light?
propel water?
gatorade?

shove your keyboard up your ass and roll down a rocky hill

There are many, but one dish I eat just about daily is a big bowl of oats topped with bananas, peanut butter, kiwi, blueberries, avocado, garlic and whatever else I have lying around. It is so delicious.

Anyway, if you want to hear an inspirational story of a guy who completely turned his life around once he went vegan and started running, check this out:

richroll.com/podcast/rrp-63-free-josh-lajaunie-lost-200-lbs-plantpower-diet/

> big bowl of oats topped with bananas, peanut butter, kiwi, blueberries, avocado, garlic and whatever else I have lying around.

I was with you until avocado. Why are you putting garlic and avocado with your bananas and blueberries?

lol, that combination doesn't happen too often. Like I said, I just include whatever is lying around.

Many of my meals, actually, just involve taking a giant bowl and throwing a bunch of random things into it. I'm not picky (...says the vegan).

Diet soda, lol no Some artificial sweeteners are not that bad (like Stevia), but they aren't exactly healthy. I don't even know what crystal light or propel water is. Gatorade? I sometimes consume these types of beverages during my races, but outside of races or long training runs, I try to avoid all added sugars.

>losing weight via malnutrition
Yeah great idea what moron would do that

any vegans OCCASIONALLY eat normal foods?
maybe once per month or per year eat a nice prime rib? even some turkey bacon? anything?

you LITERALLY DONT have to DO ANYTHING
just STOP EATING as much

Most of my meals are pretty simple. One of my favorites is just a cup of red lentils simmered with half a yellow onion and a diced carrot or two, then a ton of black pepper cracked on top and a pinch of coarse salt. I started sprinkling on smoked paprika too, that's pretty good.

nutritionfacts.org/video/nutrient-dense-approach-to-weight-management/

There are all kinds of compromise diets out there (5 days a week, fruit till noon, raw till 4, etc.)

Personally, I was a milk-and-eggs vegetarian for many years before I slowly transitioned to vegan. The food I missed the most was pizza... but then I learned that vegan pizzas exist. Whoo!

see. this is the uneducated person here.
he never opened a book and knows nothing of medicine, nutrition, metabolism.
some skinny fucky with a high metabolism who take his blessing for granted.
take two people put them in jail, feed them the same food. let neither do more exercise than the other. one naturally will be fatter than the other.
i have an EXTREMELY slow metabolism. if you and i were on the same diet and the same workout, we'd have different results.
>implying i eat too much, when you may eat more than me.
>implying all people are the same
>implying the only reason anyone gets fat is they never stop eating.
fucking idiot!

Took me a moment to realize this wasn't a giant slug

post the un-cropped pic

Sounds delicious!

what's the best vegan FOOD to eat for protein?
fat?
vitamins?
trying to avoid the uber-expensive 'supplements' as much as possible

How dare you insult this work of art. It is perfect the way it is.

If you plan to eat as much as you want from everything vegan, you'll fail. If you plan to learn a shitload about nutrition, what and how much your body needs, what's not good in higher quantities, make a great variety of plant based meals yourself on that base and never consume vegan junk food it might work.
But it'll also work if you include diary, eggs and meat and watch your calorie intake.

All plants have some protein in them. Eat a lot of food, and you will be fine. Protein deficiency (in the US) is practically non-existent, even among vegans. It is an irrational fear.

... but if you insist on being paranoid, then eat beans, grains, nuts, seeds, tofu, tempeh, etc. I don't know what vegan bodybuilders are doing.

Fat? Nuts, seeds, avocado, peanut butter, etc. You don't need much.

Vitamins? Really? You should be asking that question to non-vegans. Plants are full of micronutrients.

everyone who says calorie intake/count:
look at the studies where people switched from 6 cans of soda a day to 6 cans of diet soda per day.

180*6 = 1080 calories/day not being consumed
from 1080 to ZERO
and most people see NO BENEFIT
your logic is flawed.
calorie count may work for certain people. but not for others.

You just don't know how to count. Everything you eat or drink has to be counted. Water, soda, whip cream. Every teaspoon of butter and oil.

This fucker literally said counting calories doesn't work for him because of his metabolism

This thread is still getting replies

This fucker literally just made THIS POST

If this thread keeps getting replies I'm gonna murder hiro and unplug Veeky Forums

What are these studies?

Alright, time for bed. Good luck, OP.

yes, gayboy
in order for me to start losing any weight from calorie counting, i'd have to literally starve so much that i'd have no nutrient intake.
not just me saying this, it was the fucking doctor!
when i lost weight on the low carb diet, i was intaking MORE FUCKING CALORIES THAN when not low-carbing and still lost about 1 pound/day.

google it fag

good night blobster

Slow metabolism is a meme dude, you can't defy the law of physics. I lost over 100 pounds. Muuh metabolism is just as stupid as muuh genetics

>OP's gonna go vegan for a month
>OP's still gonna be a permanently obese individual
>OP's gonna shake his hamhock of a fist to the sky, furious at the gods for cursing him with such poor metabolism and genetics, for about 20 seconds before running out of breath
>On his deathbed he'll still claim he read the sticky

Link to studies you lying piece of shit

ever seen a fat person in a group of thin folks who all eat the same and have same activities?
private schools
military
prison
orphanage
commune
---
some people don't burn the calories as fast as others do.
genetics? my dad's family is thin. mom's family is fat. my bro is thin, i am fat my sister is medium.
----
physics calories are different than nutrition calories, dummy

>Op doesn't even want to do sports. >Saw some meme documentary and thinks this will work
>blames metabolism & genetics
>his body solved world hunger

google.com/?ion=1&espv=2#q=diet soda and weight

actually, i am into martial arts.
specifically, kuk sool, taiji and ju chi do.

Lads I'm beginning to think we've been taken for a ride

think whatever you like.
everything i've said here is true.

Even if you switch drinks, you planets make up for it by eating more food.
cbsnews.com/news/diet-soda-drinkers-consume-more-calories-study/

You're a complete retard, like all Americans. That said: Pasta + vegetables.

thought pasta was not a good thing?
pasta is good for vegans now?

Except those kids/people all start at a different level. The fat person that have to go to prison already start as fat.
Obviously they feed you enough in prisons to hit your daily caloric amounts. A fat person that goes to prison has to do a diet in order to lose weight. E.g. eat less than his inmates. If you eat the same obviously you stay fat.

Calorie burn may differ when it comes to specified trained actions. E.g. a marathon runner burns less calories than a non runner when running. Because his body is trained that way.
If you are fat piece of shit that doesnt matter tough. You always burn a lot of calories. You are not super efficient.

found you

youtube.com/watch?v=4dKwHOfd2dk

not me. but nice blades.

some people put on weight in jail
some people lose weight
and that goes the same for those who enter fat and those who enter thin.

enter thin - leave thinner
enter thin - leave the same
enter thin - leave thicker

enter fat - leave fatter
enter fat - leave the same
enter fat - leave thinner

each person is different FFS!
get that through your head.

it's due to this poor logic you have that you probably think fat people are bad folks.
you may even feel being around fat people will make you fat as if it is contagious. you are a bigoted obese-o-phobe who knows nothing.

>hur durr just stop eating

OP's right, it is his genetics at fault here.
He's GENETICALLY predisposed to binge eating disorder, which means he is GENETICALLY delusional about how much he really eats. Its thanks to his GENETICS that he doesn't account for 2000 of the calories in his 4000 calorie a day diet

He GENETICALLY has to create fantasies like this to fill the gaping hole of logic behind his lack of weight loss thanks to the GENETIC cognitive dissonance that manifests itself as part of his binge eating disorder

Fat people actually believe this

What a spas

I sell stupid shit like this to people like you.

Read the sticky.

Was fit as fuck for years, gained 50lbs on a medicine that almost killed me, now lost half that in 3 months.

You can eat whatever you want, just not a ton of it.

she switched to a healthier diet that by the volumous nature of it made her lower her caloric intake

>considering this vegan diet for health. not the hippie, save the planet bullshit.

Another selfish fat person.

Protip, the diet will never work, you will always be fat, its a metabolic dysregulation.

Being a human vaccuum cleaner is your sole lot in life, it will never be any different.

One bright spot is you live in an age of powered mobility, if it wasn't for that, you couldn't do shit.

Simplistic, wrong, dumb.

His issues will never go away. Dieting won't work. No answer but gastric bypass surgery. Even then he'll be 300lbs and miserable.

like I said, I lost over 100 pounds. So laughing at everybody who talks about muhh genetics.

We recently had a reverse progress thread.
I guess the people in this thread suddenly got bad genetics and slow metabolism.

You are what you eat.

You've already gotten a lot of responses, but might as well add mine to the pile.

You can theoretically lose weight on any diet: vegan, vegetarian, pesca, omni, whatever, since it's about calories and nutrients rather than whether you eat meat or not.

I would recommend lacto-ovo vegetarian before you decide to go full vegan, though.

Vegans eat less fat without even trying, fat is high in calories. It's not rocket science you dipshit, vegans on average ARE thinner.

Unless they're eating highly specialized diets and know what they're doing and lifting weights, yes, vegans are the most brittle and frail creatures on earth. It's possible to make gains and be strong and fit while vegan, but it takes a certain kind of dedication and specialized knowledge.

I used to be friends with a large group of people. A good chunk of this group were your typical vegans. To be perfectly honest, they always looked like they were sick to me. Not only were they all severely underweight to my eye, but their skin was paste pale and lacked any kind of flush or lustre.

They were too weak to move their stuff when they moved house (four of them lived together)... So they enlisted me and another guy to move their furniture, because there was no way on earth they'd manage alone.

> diet soda?

Yes but maybe keep away if you can manage. Diet sodas use aspartame which is completely non-nutritive (no calories), but the sensation of sweetness on your tongue has the potential to keep you craving sweet things.

>artificial sweeteners?

Yes, but read above.

>stevia?

Yes, if you can handle the bitter aftertaste.

>crystal light?

Maybe.

>propel water?

Kind of a waste of money.

>gatorade?

No, unless you can get a hold of sugar free/aspartame versions. Even then, you want to be drinking mostly water.

That would explain all those fotos with sporadic fat people in Auschwitz.
...oh wait. Those don't exist.

I've got bad news for you dude. you're never going to make it with this attitude. You'll just be one of those numbers in a study that says dieting doesn't work.

> →
>You are what you eat.
thanks for sharing this horror thread...

Yeah all that jews that went to Auschwitz and came out fatter.
Damn you genetics!

wow you are retarded.
they were all starved to death.
they weren't eating barely anything.
fucking idiot.
oh, and how many were working out in there?
dumb dumb dumb

Drink water only? I only drink water along with various teas and he occasional Gatorade. I knew fats are fucking retarded but damn this is bait. Dude just count your calories and start walking briskly 30 min a day. Buildup how far you go, or if you have a pool start wading 15 min a day. Water is easy on lards joints. You don't have a slow metabolism, you are just making excuses for your weak resolve.

Can you link a specific study, cause most of the links I click argue against what you say.
Also, why would you even drink diet coke in the frist place. Just drink water you dip.

Post running stats. 20k or more?, hm/h (ft/h). Post recent a strava track.
Fuck all you hip vegan novelty trail runners.
>mfw rage because injured myself and maybe can never run again

You're 400 fucking pounds man. You can eat 3 whole pizzas a day and still lose weight.

Shut the fuck up.

Isn't it surprising that someone with no concept of modern medicine, nutrition or metabolism would instruct other people to do so, and claim their condition of over-eating for years is the result of something outside their control?

I'm a metabolic physiologist. I've literally done a degree and work in a lab. I was fat, I am no longer fat.

People simplify the information about counting calories, they do so because the common idiot (you) has no idea what it means, so they keep it easy to understand. Fatbodies like you take it as a lie, because they don't want to confuse retards, then you actually group together with other ignorant fat fucks and try and explain concepts that you have no knowledge about, and no business talking about.

explain the missing info then mr. mouth
sorry, dr. mouth

Vegan for 10 years here.

Drink only water, tea with no sugar or milk, or black coffee with no sugar. Coffee will help stave off hunger for an hour or two and has no calories.

I was lacto-ovo vegetarian for a year before becoming vegan, but I basically ended up eating way more cheese and dairy than I did before I was vegetarian. Not recommended.

If you do decide to follow a plant-based diet, and cut out lots of junk/processed foods, you will definitely lose weight. Most vegetables/fruits/grains are not calorie-dense but are still filling.

The other guys in this thread are basically right though, you just need to eat less calories. Veganism could be a good diet to help you achieve that though. It's harder to bulk on a vegan diet than a 'murican one, pretty sure everyone would agree with me on that.

>naturally strong

Tep Kok

Vegan/Vegetarian done properely can be very effective, because lots of vegetables are very difficult to digest, take lots of space in stomach, are low calorie and provide lots of macros and thusly are great as a replacement for garbage fatasses usually devour. 1.5kg per day of green veggies should fill even the most staunch fatass.

Pretty much, yes.

You need to get your head out of your ass and get educated about fitness, health and nutrition.

Empty your cup, because otherwise you can't fill it. You've been talking shit and nonsense through-out this whole thread.

Step one. Read the sticky. Check out "How's your cut going"-threads, progress threads etc. Lots of shit on just this rare coin collectors discussion forum.

>i have an EXTREMELY slow metabolism.

No you don't, you fat tub of shit. Per kilogram of lean body mass ( which means - not fat ) metabolic rate of all humans is fairly comparable.

>ever seen a fat person in a group of thin folks who all eat the same and have same activities?

No. Because when you account for anything they do, it turns out that fatasses eat like fatasses - that is - like a hog.

>physics calories are different than nutrition calories, dummy

You came to the wrong neighbourhood, fatty. Your folk are here -> tumblr.com

Everybody who replied was wonderfully trolled gj OP.

>i did calorie counting and it doesn't work for me. slow metabolism and all.

bet i can leg press way more than you
can butterfly better too
>get rekt!

what's going on in this pic?
roid rage?

>not the hippie, save the planet bullshit.

You are a miserable piece of shit. You don't give a damn about anyone but yourself but you expect us to lend you a helping hand. Read the sticky, ignore the advice as we know you will and remain a disgusting, sweating, gasping fat body for the rest of your short time on Earth.

The only advantage to a vegan diet is that the shakes and food are more fibrous making you feel fuller longer, due to the body taking longer to digest. You could not be vegan and just add extra fiber to your shakes to feel the same affect.

>>implying i eat too much, when you may eat more than me.

He is implying that you eat too much... wait for it... FOR YOU.

Put down the fork. You got a slow metabolism? Fine. That doesn't mean that you might as well inhale everything in sight. Eat at a deficit. Add walking. Done.

>waaaaah but I'm hungry

Take a BCA stack and STFU.

And shut up about tasty recipes. Food is fuel, nothing else. If you can't eat shit like oats and plain skinless chicken because it's boring, the you're never gonna make it. Not everything has to taste like a donut.

>most fat people see NO BENEFIT by dramatically reducing their caloric intake.

but it's still easy to be lean without being vegan so who cares