/plg/ - powerlifting general

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/gsdCi#37
mobile.nytimes.com/2016/05/13/sports/russia-doping-sochi-olympics-2014.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

New deadlift pr lads!

Finally hit dat dere 4plate

I don't care about mental illness as long as I get good advice.

In for asking again and getting the first few posts: Is there a squat stance at which heeled shoes aren't better?
pic unrelated

Reminder that this is why Sean is drinking himself to death.

Um trappy you're a bit delusional here lol

Extremely wide stance squats (à la Stan Efferding) tend to go better with flat shoes.
Heavily "sit back" style squats tend to go better with flat shoes.
Everything else: use whatever is most comfy.

Hngggg.

Grats, lad.

agree with this but emphasis on
>tend to
plenty of strong lifters in all camps

>Is there a squat stance at which heeled shoes aren't better?

They are never """""""better"""""" or worse, it is entirely down to what feels better for any given individual. you can find plenty of examples of people that use the "wrong" shoe for their squats, like bodorio and his almost highbar in flats,

do you think that a girl will notice if I casually wear my lifting belt really tight to make me look less fat?

..how the fuck do you normally wear your belt?

just took a shit that measured approximately 8x6, I was sweaty, in great pain, panting and tearing up by the end.

how could anyone possibly ENJOY that going into their butt?

I think he means using it as a girdle like out on a date

>homos are messed in the head
What else is new

I agree with the flats for VERY wide, but for sitting back many still prefer heels. Mike T and Candito are good examples.
And others prefer flats for even regular width.

I guess it's a personal preference thing, in the end.

Yes.

Takes some time to get used to it.
And even then, it can still be painful. I always "warmup" with thinner toys before playing with the thicker ones.

always wondered about that
having one of those awful shits that take forever and then having it come back in. how is that nice

pls eat more fiber

And drink water.
If you simply add fibre without the water you'll have a bad time kek

Getting fucked in the butt is very different from pooping senpai kek

I eat 50-60 grams a day and have bigger shits than his. Also drink over a gallon of water a day.

warning this link is for NORSEFAT only

imgur.com/a/gsdCi#37

warning the above link is for NORSIE only

>50-60g of fiber per day
do you subsist on tree bark or something?

nice

Beans, rice, oatmeal, and fruit.

Lads: mobile.nytimes.com/2016/05/13/sports/russia-doping-sochi-olympics-2014.html

Not specifically relevant but still interesting

POO
IN
LOO

Is swimming really tiring on the body? Thinking of adding swim sessions 2x/wk on top of lifting 4x/wk. Wanna do it mainly for cardio so I can drop some BF% (20%+ currently)

STINKY

>mfw blending project momentum into sheiko

depends on how hard you have to try not to drown

>Mike T
Had the heel removed tho.

Summoning Isley!

I'm black and follow the stereotype; can't swim too well

>that pic
Wew

...what

Can you explain what the fug is going on in lothric castle? I feel like prior to the last act of the game, it mostly focused on answering questions, but in it's last third or so it brings up a ton.

>profaned flame
>the deep
>the angels
>serpent statues
>what was the battle in lothric about
>what was the prince's curse
>what are the pilgrim butterflies

we better get some good dlc desu

Sorry no fucking clue here either

Waiting for vaati

Fun fact: black people typically have a slightly higher center of gravity than white or Asian people which makes swimming more laborious since it's more difficult to get the upper body out other the water. This is also why black people are better runners, since the higher cg means more lithe legs which are easier to accelerate

I really love the idea project momentum focused on where near the beginning of the week you hit a single @8 on all the comp lifts and use that to autoregulate the percentages for the rest of the week. I want to try a more sheiko-esque setup with that sort of autoregulation, because I didn't enjoy the actual structure of PM so much

Dino u here? Hows it going?

Myself I still haven't benched 90kg, but I'm not putting on bodyweight and still gaining steadily on s/d, and I actually looked sort of better now.

Ya I've noticed that most top tier swimmers are white. Guess this means its gonna be that much harder to learn proper swimming technique

Lol
Won't be harder to learn the technique
You'll just be slowet

Sounds questionable desu

no it doesn't you pansy

Don't really care about speed. Just want some low impact cardio so I can shed some fat. Don't know if I wanna compete 83kg or 93kg yet

Just tried that squat assistance Max Aita goes on about. I improvised the boxes with some stackable chick workout step thingies and used plates on a dip/pullup belt, it's comfy as fuck. It's literally a squat but your back tightness doesn't matter and you don't even tire in the upper body at all. This might become my go-to "I need bigger legs" exercise since it's only limited by leg strength as opposed to front/safety bar squats.

Just got home lad. Squatted 150kg today again at RPE 9 and am at 90kg bench myself.
Started BB rowing again and I'm love with training again.

Also fixed the fuck out of my squat form after fucking up my lower back. I'm amazed I can still max out without issue after injuring my back just last week.

Also wow your delts have exploded, what rep ranges do you do?

Finally, how much do you weigh? I'm 85kg now.

If you don't make dollars you don't make sense.

Eating dinner for 1500 right now - inviting Sean

thought dino was finally making gains
he just got fat

Lmao I'm 6'1. Don't try and convince me 85kg is fat you twink

Being fat has more to do with bf% than actual weight

i thought you were a fun size
why were you 70kg complaining about no progress

Sure, but I'm not actually fat.
(m) [email protected] BW = 59.25
(m) [email protected] BW = 47.79

Also wilkingsons went up

>fun size
What's that?
>why were you 70kg complaining about no progress
Why did I have to complain in the first place is a question I often ask myself

>Why did I have to complain in the first place is a question I often ask myself
you sound like you are becoming a more well rounded lad Tbh

Well done mate, you now outturtle me and you escaped twink mode. I haven't weighed myself for a while but I'm pretty sure I've been maintaining around 90kg for like 4mo, gone down 4 notches on my belt.

In a few weeks I'll start my bulk to 100kg this year, hopefully this will grant me some bench gains.

Squatting near 3pl8 for a max and deadlift maaaaybe 165-170kg. When I start bulking I don't think it's too far until I hit 1/2/3/4.

For shoulders I really just do a couple of 8 rep sets with the 8s then some sets of 10-15 with the 6s(side raises). And military press of course. Feels good but I need mass in my chest now.

Man I haven't overhead pressed in ages, I can't get the size in my delts like I did from overhead press.
Wanna bench every session though so it's difficult balancing the two. Perhaps when I bench 2pl8 soon I'll dedicate a day to it.

What squat program are you running? I hate doing a lot of squats but found madcow 5x5 really blew up my squat for not a lot of effort.
Deadlifts great and better than mine though, so I'm jealous. But that's why I'm rowing now, to add some strength to my back.

>weigh 90kg
This is pretty much my goal weight. 200lbs give or take a couple lbs. I'll stop here. Although you don't look 90kg, how tall are you? Pretty lean too.

Thnx

193cm not sure what this is in inches. I do look like a noodle without a pump.

I'm doing c6w which is good gains for quite a lot of effort. Week 2 especially. I enjoy it though.

Damn you're tall. I've never tried canditos programs so I don't know what you do but good luck none the less.

>been cutting for 6 weeks
>lost 1kg or so
>try my squat opener for 3x1 today
>no problem at all
well that went better than expected, bench went ezpz the other day too, seems i may even have some strength left for my meet next week

Lads, any of you have tried these? They're available here for a good price.
>inb4crossfit
We all know they name this to get more sales.

>lose 1kg in 6 weeks
Weak cut my man.

What can it be when my knees start aching when I sit with angeled feet for a longer time?

5 weeks*, but still, didnt want it to be aggressive. prio on preserving strength

>mfw i though kang was a ipf basementlurker permavirgin
>mfw his gf is kinda qt3.14

'No'

S, I invited you to an awesome dinner, why would you not respond to such generous invite?

What do you think of Candito's 6 week program?

I think it's it's a piece of sh*t

C6W works but no one knows why,not even Candytoe

When your parents arrange it with hers it's a lot easier.

>lmao birdshit y u squat hi?

woo, just hit 280lbx5 bench for the first time in 5 months

I've lost 3-5 pounds of fat (according to my scale) in the last 3 weeks from sitting in the sauna after my workouts. 0 strength lose, but keep in my mind my BF% is in the low 20s. I'd say keep lowering your deficit till you start noticing strength lose and adjust accodingly. Your -100 or whatever the fuck deficit is abysmally slow. 1-2 lbs/wk is the suggested loss and depending on your body, you may be able to lose more with hardly any ill effects. I'm saying this cause if you do PL, you want to add more weight to the bar, and you can't do so as much than if you were in a caloric surplus

Why?

Great for lower body, ditch the upper body routine

found the perfect back angle lads
PS I trained yesterday with the flu, and it turned out pretty damn good, 93% diddly flew up

One whole pl8, gr8 work m8.

>I've lost 3-5 pounds of fat (according to my scale) in the last 3 weeks from sitting in the sauna after my workouts
lol uwot

i was just going for a maintenance/slow cut to stabilize weight some, making sure i get my work in. going to start going up again after my meet and have plenty of room to spare, dont see any reason for me to risk losign strength desu

you haven't got the flu, you have a cold

It has no logic or theory behind it
It's basically just a random list of set and rep ranges and increases which only people who are low low intermediate will make gains from it and would make gains faster running other programs

>deadlifts makes your core too thick
merlin

>one whole pl8
That's a weird way to spell four

First mire from a girl today when squatting lads.

Highlight of my life.......l

what did she say?

Name a better program

>inbe4 sheiko

It's shit, desu. Same random rep and sets.

You're a nincompoop lol

Literally any program is better than c6w

She looked at me when squatting. But she was hot so it's technically a mire.

T E L L
E
L
L
U S
S

Also if you ever cared to open up a heiko spreadsheet or even took a look
At the website for half a second ; with your feeble little head, you would realize it's the furthest thing from random

A hot girl looked at me multiple times (2) when squatting today.

Yeah I know. She must have been trying to hide her spaghetti

are any of the cool kids online

genuinely mad at how much stronger he is than me

Of course

>hurt my back originally
>did low bar with highbar form because hinging hurt a lot
>hurt lower back the worst I've hurt anything
>did some vodoo magic from Dr Jelly Starlett
>pain went away instantly
>several days later I squat
>miraculously can hinge hips pain free
>maxed out pain free
>finally feel squats in hamstrings again

Today was a good day :)

deal with it nerd

hey friend how are you

Also, if you ever watched any of canditos videos explaining his program you would realize it's far from random.

Eat shit little faggot boi

>he can only hit depth with 2 plates

>Why?

I'll just remind you that you're talking to Sean.