You have to be kidding me, I'm so fucking done

You have to be kidding me, I'm so fucking done.

everydayfeminism.com/2014/09/classism-of-eating-healthy/?utm_content=buffer315db&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Other urls found in this thread:

everydayfeminism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_desert),
loc.gov/exhibits/jefferson/60.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>everydayfeminism

stopped right there

Jesus Christ, I can't even get through the title alone without getting angry

should be named excuses.com

also when my family was poor we had rice and beans and soup variations of that

a nice big bag of rice feeds even the hungriest of hippos for days but oh no it has to be sugary, drowned in fat and ready in under 5 minutes

oh shit I started reading it

>weekly budget of under $700 per week for everything you need, including car repairs, gas money

try $700 a fucking month and ditch the fucking car if you can't afford it you stupid fuck

I read that article until the author said that pears are low calorie so they aren't filling. Calories are now a measurement of fullness apparently.
Why do people who don't understand basic nutrition even write this garbage?

it's when you've never been poor and had to take of your family and/or yourself alone such ill informed bullshit might result

once when I was out doing my street work I went buying groceries with a homeless dude and when I grabbed a lil bottle of water he looked at me like I was some posh faggot

I asked what's wrong and he said I should've bought chocolate milk instead because it has carbs, fat and good micros for essentially the same price

food deserts are real tho f a m

This. Cooking at home is so much cheaper. And for the money you spend at fast food, you could make some pretty fancy meals.

veggies, rice, dried pasta and frozen meat are cheap as shit, >le poor people can only afford junk is a fucking shit excuse

Healthy food is cheaper. She is wrong and she should kill herself.

B-but unfried chicken isn't tasty! And how will I fit my daily crispy cremes on a 40$ per week food budget!

>mfw this could actually be a serious response from a lot of people

Yesterday I had to pay $3 for a tiny lil 250 grams head of broccoli
What now Veeky Forums?

> go to a site called "everyday feminism"
> get triggered

Op, you're either a shekelstein looking to bait clicks or truly a first class retard. Why the fuck would you go that far out of your way to purposely look for things that make you angry?

>unfried chicken isn't tasty

>he doesn't even gutter oil

never gonna cake it f a m i l y

>Why the fuck would you go that far out of your way to purposely look for things that make you angry?

This is Veeky Forums
It's what we do

It bothers me that feminists are stealing the low socioeconomic status narrative for the sake of pointing more fingers, but the article is right. People who live in impoverished areas have a harder time finding healthier foods (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_desert), not to mention healthier food is much more expensive than cheaper food.

That still does not answer my crispy creme question. Check your class privilege scum, you will never know that shame that comes with only being able to afford 3 crispy cremes in the morning while your genetics allow you to eat as much as you want!

>not already hating the stupid ugly and morally destitute proles, as well as the ugly souls and tongues of the bourgeoisie

Ironically you're probably one of the few people who actually care about their opinions even the slightest bit

since you said its' cost in dollars and used grams you surely were talking about canadian monopoly money which is 2.5 freedom dollars. also if you're canadian and don't have sunlight and are covered in snow constantly you guys have to import that shit from way far

you were paying a reasonable price for what is considered luxury goods over there

I have to pay like €5 for like 200ml of fucking maple syrup over here in yurop
stick to your fried potatoes with gravy and grilled hockey pucks you moran

I don't understand
The article is perfectly reasonable and the points are valid

oh boy have you ever read a newspaper that wasn't in the mail for free?

I know them feels. I bought sweet potatoes for 2$/lb yesterday because I'm trying to easy something nutritious that isn't just rice and beans.

It's 2016 who the fuck reads newspapers

Sounds like good advice if you're a starving homeless guy

anyone who cares about his country and its' future

that wasn't my idea but the guy on the $100 bill
loc.gov/exhibits/jefferson/60.html

Fucking this. Maybe that's why these feminists are usually ham planets. Can't into nutrition so they go with the unhealthy shit

Food deserts are not a real thing.

mfw

They are if you don't have a car. Source: I live in Houston, TX. As big as this city is if you don't have a car you can definitely be fucked to get groceries if you have no car. We do have uber though. I'd probably use that if I didn't have a car.

kek'd out loud

must be a joke

Maple syrup costs the exact same price here. I think Europeans and Americans think we always use real maple syrup with our waffles and pancakes, but we don't. When I was growing up I had it maybe a couple times a year.

*he

Rice, potatoes and oats are the cheapest foods you can buy, and they are all good for you. Also contrary to popular believes fruits and vegetables are cheap as well. Unless you want to buy exotic fruits, but in that case you can still buy them frozen I a 5 kilo bag for less than the cost of a mcdonalds meal.

The expensive things in grocery stores are all junk food and premade frozen meals.

Food desert:
>an area where stores that sell fresh foods and groceries are practically non existant, sometime as far as 1-2 miles away
>1-2 miles away
>noe existant

> buy all the stuff I need for a week's worth of lunches: $17
> buy all the stuff I need for two week's worth of dinners: $40

like yeah you're not gonna have much variety in your food but if you're strapped for cash SUCK IT UP you have bigger fish to fry (no pun intended)

and this is in Canada where food is fucking expensive

that was written by an actual guy with testosterone in his veins? How pathetic lol

For the people saying that good deserts aren't real, they are very much real. There are places where fast foods or processed foods are more abundant and cheaper than fresh, healthy, foods. Just because something costs a certain price where you are, and it's affordable to you, doesn't mean it's the same way everywhere. Yes, some people do make excuses about not eating healthy and yes, some places do have a cheaper wider range of options of healthy and unhealthy foods to eat, so there is no excuse to not get the healthy options, I agree. But, food deserts do exist and sometimes it is worth it to get a 5 minute TV dinner than to cook a dinner of rice, potatos, and beans not out of laziness, but because sometimes the time isn't available to cook a whole meal. You have to look at it from other perspectives to understand why some people do what they do, it's not always because of laziness or stupidity.

If you don't have a car or access to at least decent public transportation this isn't easy to get to especially since whatever you buy you're going to have to carry back. You would rather go to a closer store right?

>car repairs
>every week

The fucking excuses. He might as well have thrown in renovations every week too

Why do people have to come up with so many ways to convince themselves they're not really in control, bros?

Yeah, real maple syrup in Canada is expensive as fuck and in small containers. I like the generic fake maple syrup better anyway

>He doesn't do weekly renovations to his house

I don't want to know what a miserable existence that must be.

Being responsible for your own actions is too tough for some apparently

If you're paying more than $3 for each meal you cook you're paying too much.

1 cup rice, 1 can of beans, 1 can diced tomatoes, some seasonings, 2 cups water, 1 slow cooker on low for 8 hours while you work at your minimum wage job is just too darn tough you guys.

Seriously though, just distribute flyers around low income neighborhoods with ideas for easy, healthy, cheap meals instead of going on an online social crusade trying to create a grand unified field theory combing racism, sexism, and classism to get attention

>with ideas for easy, healthy, cheap meals

Did you read the part where the lady's company who she worked with did just that and they were still completely unrealistic