Just a meme? Also Fat gripz original vs extreme?

Just a meme? Also Fat gripz original vs extreme?

I think the originals are tough as it is. But I have babby hands, I suppose.

Hipsters

just use heavier weight. What's the point of limiting weight lifted in order to increase grip strength when simply lifting heavier already increases it?
Its a useless limiting factor much like weighted vests and those bane altitude masks.

>bane altitude masks
short way of saying I'm a retard with high self-esteem

It has other uses. Using a thick bar (og Fat gripz) for curls increase muscle activation.

Once again why not just curl heavier weight? Pray tell what muscles does this magic fat grip activate on a curl that a normal grip does not?
I swear curl bros think that the curl is much more nuanced than it actually is.
Just fucking do heavy curls

One of the strong guys (Benches 140 x 3 DL 217 Squats 170 x 5 all in kg) in my gym swears by them for forearm size (he probably has biggest forearms) he only does them for curls though not on barbells.

because its a new fad that people think works when it reality it really doesnt do much for anything.

Just get an axle.

i agree with you, except for people with poor forearm development. for instance if you want to increase your ability to overhand dead lift this could be a little helpful, but will inhibit development of other muscle groups because you are using less weight. Basically it'd be something only for that purpose, but you can just buy those hand squeezers and work your grip while driving,at work, watching tv, etc.

>what muscles does this magic fat grip activate on a curl that a normal grip does not?
None. We're talking about the degree of activation here. And this may come as a surprise to you, but you can't just slap on an additional 20 kg on top of your current max. What you CAN do however, is make the bar thicker.

Also, on a semi related note, I fucking love pressing exercises with a fatbar. I don't use the Fat gripz for this though, as they're not as stabile as a dedicated bar.

So you recommend people with already weak grip put themselves at an even further disadvantage with these?
That does not make much sense.
If grip is a limiting factor in your pulls simply increase pulling frequency. Putting yourself at an even further disadvantage with even lighter weight won't do much.
I see these fat grips as utterly useless

I'm not saying you need to slap 20 kg on your current max in order to lift heavier.
It is a much better measurement of progress and development with actual weight added to the bar over time (whether it is a lot or a little) than a meme tier grip extension that only puts you at an even further mechanical disadvantage.
It seems people will do anything to circumvent adding weight onto the bar

>Towel hangs xF
>Static barbell holds xF

Have a timer at hand which you can see for the duration of the hold for a sense of progress.

Go to Fat Gripz website and you'll see testimonies from Joe Defranco, Charles Poliquin, Dave Tate, Dmitry Klokov, and Jay Cutler among others. I think it's safe to say it's more than a meme.

>My favorite pro athletes use X to get huge!
>Look on X's website, it says they love it!
Its like bodybuilding supplements but with strength athletes

You know, I agree completely with your main point that adding weight to the bar is always priority #1, but I think you're making a mistake when you think that putting yourself at a disadvantage is always a bad thing. When doing the big barbell lifts, sure, get some fucking weight piled on. But when doing isolation work, you'll almost always want to try to make the exercise HARDER.

>If grip is a limiting factor in your pulls simply increase pulling frequency

literally what the fuck

To give you another example, Brooks Kubik is as oldschool as they come and despises everything gimmicky, yet he loves thick bar training and Fat gripz.

I suppose I'd have to agree there, but when I see people benching and rowing with fat grips I cannot help but get triggered.
I honestly believe that doing more pulling exercises will increase grip strength over making yourself use less weight at the expense of limiting your grip.
Either way that should not be enough to convince someone, especially considering that a good chunk of the people you mentioned are on PEDs

All fat grips do is make the bar more difficult to grip, which helps with grip training on lifts for which grip wouldn't normally be a factor.

>just add more weight to the bar
I can't add weight to lifts like rows, pull ups, etc without the lift becoming too difficult. I can hold a bar weighing about 450 pounds or so with a double overhand grip, but when I'm doing weighted pull ups I can only lift about 260 pounds (including bodyweight) for a single.

So, if I'm doing pull ups, and I want grip work out of it, I add fat grips.

I feel you are thinking that by adding weight I mean adding like 100 lbs to your lifts per workout. Adding 5 lbs to your dead lift per week can actually make a huge difference. And weighted pull ups are a thing
>I can't add weight to lifts like rows, pull ups, etc without the lift becoming too difficult
Yes you can, if you are not a bitch. Read up on progressive overload. I guess I am convinced on using fat grips for some specific isolation, but there is literally no reason to use them on any compound movement.

I feel like you didn't read my post, I referred specifically to weighted pull ups.

Point is, adding 5 pounds to the bar isn't going to make gripping the bar more difficult when my grip capacity is hundreds of pounds more than what I'm lifting.

Well if your gripping capacity is more than what you are using in terms of poundage, simply use more weight!
And grip strength on deadlifts and pullups is entirely different. Try adding more weight to your pullups and see how much it challenges your grip.
Trust me, once that 5 pounds turns into 20 and then 50 over the next few weeks/ months, you will feel the difference. Such is the result of progressive overload. Instead of arbitrarily increasing grip difficulty try adding weight on a frequent basis over a long period of time, you will see an increase in grip strength. And I'd argue a greater increase than if fat grips were used.

Ok, am I being trolled right now? I don't understand how you're not getting this.

>just add more weight! You'd be surprised
No, I wouldn't. 5 pounds won't make a difference. 20 pounds won't make a difference. 100 pounds won't make a difference. I can EASILY hang from one hand with the weight I use for weighted pull ups. It would take HUNDREDS of pounds to make grip become a factor in weighted pull ups.

This conversation is like some guy asking how to make his calves bigger and you saying "just do more squats, man. Progressive overload"

Don't say anything more user, that other retard is just retarded, probably hasn't even taking a physiology course in their life or has knowledge about roids, he's just a stupid dumb fuck that knows shit.