Body dismorphia - fat fuck edition

Lost nearly 70 lbs since november. I've reached the point in my weight loss where my size is changing very rapidly. I've gone from a 2xl shirt to a large or even medium and my pant size has gone from a 40 to a 34. All this happened in just the last 20 lbs or so. My family all says I look skinny, and my girlfriend is getting upset that I've lost so much so quickly while she is stalling on our weight loss plan.

All this sounds ok. But when I look in the mirror all i see is my fat gut, my huge legs with fat hanging sloppily and my double chin. I'm 6 foot, 199 lbs as of today, and know that I still have between 20 and 35 lbs to lose to get lean still, but I still feel and see myself as 270 lbs.

Is there any way to help this? Will it get better over time? Will I ever feel like a normal sized person?

Also, post your body dismorphia rants.

It doesn't help that I spent 6 weeks beddriden or in the hospital, not able to monitor my change in size and not seeing my progress firsthand. The shock of being told you look skinny after a decade or more of being a fatass is real. I still even look in the mirror, fully clothed, and see my barrell chest and my love handles. I know these should go away after a few more months of cutting, but that's all I can see, not my slimmer waist, not my leaner forearms and calves.

I've had to throw out my whole closet and rebuy a new wardrobe just to keep my clothes on. My belts are all 2 inches too longs, so even in a belt, my old pants fall the fuck off. I want to brag about it all, but my mind still hasn't caught up to being smaller.

Nothing like as much, but I've lost 20 lb and have about 10 to go, but don't feel any different. Maybe try putting those old clothes on and reminding yourself just how badly they fit you now. Keep showing your brain reality and it'll sink in eventually.

I think the problem is, that I need to hear it from other people without bringing it up myself. I know that it is vain, but I feel like I need some outside confirmation to be convinced I am smaller. Hearing it from family is always less believable, because the will go out of their way to compliment you even if you look the same. I have a party this weekend to go to, and some friends will be there who haven't seen me since I was big. If they mention it without me pointing it out, I have a feeling it will make me feel more connected with my current body than my old one, but I don't know for sure.

I would really like some advice from a fellow big loser about how to deal with this.

I am getting my strength back, from the hospital, and hope to go back to the gym soon, that will certainly help, as gains will bring me back up in size and weight, but I know it will be slow going, especially since I'm still cutting. Any help you guys can give will be great.

This is how so many fat to fit people still have low self esteem and a "fat" personality. It's normal. I went from 210 melting ice cream cone to 18% bf. Now I have stretch marks and loose skin that will never go away, always afraid my shirt will come up at the gym and someone will see how disgusting I think I am.

In reality, I don't look bad at all. But my mind is stuck in my old fat body. It gets better, but there will always be those times when you see a monster in the mirror. It isn't what others see when they look at you.

Sick blog post you fat fuck

Nope.
I went through the same transition as you did almost (255 ->175lbs) and it doesn't get better.
It sucks too because when people compliment me i shrug it off as them just trying to be nice because i still see the same fatass in the mirror.
If you plan on bulking, it will be a literal nightmare because after a few weeks and monitoring the scale heavily, you'll freak out because you're gaining weight again and it's just a huge mess.
Currently bulking btw because i was getting suicidal on my cut.
Also want to note that i lost most of my hair during this process though i'm only 20 years old so now I HAVE to be bald which is a huge downer.

>go from 70kg to 85kg
>187cm tall
>family, friends and girls tell me I'm getting really muscular
>gym bros tell me I'm still skelly
Feels like I'm surrounded by gain goblins and adonis complexes

I haven't had any pictures taken since I've lost weight. Maybe that will help. I feel like reality is easier to see from a photo than a mirror, because we can only judge ourselves from a single angle.

The monster in the mirror really hit home, I started tearing up a bit thinking about that idea. Maybe it is self esteem right now, but I've never had trouble being social, just a little worried about my weight.

Post progress pics, niggerbitch.

start lifting, cunty

It's been 6 years since I lost about 50 lbs and I still get pretty startled by the mirror, but not as much as I used to. I'm more confident but not AS confident as I think I'd be if I'd never been heavy to begin with, you know?

Also, dunno if this is relevant but I'm cold way more often now. It's annoying since I despise being cold and prefer the summer, even back when I was fat as fuck.

similar deal here but was not as big as you. lost about 30 lbs recently and still have more to go but the gf keeps saying im "anorexic" and "getting too thin" even though I am still fatter than a normal sized person. not stopping until I get rid of my gut completely.

Cucks gonna cuck.

Bitch I was lifting before I spent 3 weeks bedridden and 3 weeks in hospital lying in bed, now all the noob gains I made over 5 months are gone, and I still feel like a weak fuck from not hitting the gym, but I don't yet have the strength to walk 2 miles in succession. Fuck. Give me 2 weeks, and I'll be back throwing iron around and maybe I'll feel better.

Quality post, my Nigerian friend.

I'm struggling with this too, bro. I started at 430, currently at 257. It's tough, though because I'm such a dramatic case I can clearly see my progress. When the clothes come off though, well it's a holocaust under there.

I imagine a large part of it is the fact that humans are very adept at picking out asymmetries/imperfections. When you've lost a lot of weight your body will always look a little misshapen. Your eyes narrow in on what doesn't look 'right' - similar to how most people think their reflection looks more attractive to them then their pictures do.

The good thing about your self-critical nature is that you realize you still have more work to do. Because of this, you're less likely to get comfortable and backslide back into obesity. Just keep it up and humbly celebrate your progress FOR YOURSELF. Remind yourself just how much work you've put in, just what you've accomplished.

just calm the fuck down then

focus on strength and athleticism rather than what you look like for a little while

You'll get used to it. I went from 300lbs to 140lbs in a matter of a few months. Everyone was shocked. I was getting a lot of comments from family saying I was too skinny or I looked better fat, I look sick, etc. Ignore those comments and remind yourself that you're gonna make it. These people just want to put you down to their level because they are insecure and cannot accept that there are people doing better things than them.

So yes it will get better over time. In my case I turned out to be a decently attractive person, getting a lot of looks from girls (and even dudes). It's a good feeling to know that you're becoming more attractive and healthy, physically and mentally.

Don't be like everyone else and don't let them bring you down. You'll be a better person than any of them.

you want us to believe that you lost 50+ pounds a month?

I recommend taking monthly progress pictures. It helped me a lot when I was struggling with those feelings. Also, seeing pictures others had taken of me.

Don't count too much on the input of others, especially if they aren't fit. People tend to be encouraging at first, until they feel threatened by your progress.

You've come a long way, and made a change that most people in your shoes don't have the drive to achieve. Now you need to make an effort to change your internal dialogue from destructive criticism to proud and encouraging. Thats how confidence starts, in my experience.

You don't have to believe me if it helps you sleep at night. Whether or not you believe me doesn't change anything. Fact is I lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time.

I know the feeling OP. Went from 180lbs down to 145lbs. Since I'm a 5'7 lmao manlet I can see that I need to lose a good 10-15 more pounds. Everyone tells me that I look thin and way better but I always get mad at my self when I look in the mirror and having trouble to get rid of what's left. School/exams don't help. Just keep up the hard work and everything will work out. We're all gonna make it!

How did you manage this within a year? I understand your willpower, but there's no way you did it without either drug use or anorexia.

I had maybe 300 calories a day during that time. So yes it was essentially anorexia.

Oh I see. That makes perfect since then; I did something similar when I was a teenager (dropped 50lbs in two months). Glad it worked out for you, albeit I hope you now eat at maintenance for your own health.

pic of yourself? me and you are almost the same height and weight

as long you are not 10 % bf you will be always a fat fuck. Don't listen to what people say or what you see, just stick to bf % numbers.

At my worst I was only 6'0" at 210 lbs but I still see and feel like a fat piece of shit at 175. When I wake up in the morning I have very visible and defined abs except for the small bit a the bottom (I'm guessing ~5 lbs of fat there), but I still can't help but feel like a fatass. Body dysmorphia for life I guess.

I really feel for you dudes, it must have sucked starting out fat. I'm 6'1'' and I used to be 155ish. I never had a confidence problem ever about anything until I began lifting weights. I just kinda had to fight through all of it until I gained enough size to feel confident about myself. I'm sitting around 205 right now and not super lean but somewhere in the "athletic" range of bodyfat, my best guess is 12-15%. But not worrying about how you look is really nice. For me I used to be crazy skinny and super lean so I feel better walking around with weight and a little extra fat. I also don't really care about being shredded or whatever though.

But the point is I've been lifting for like 3ish years and at a certain point you will become more happy with how you look and you'll stop scrutinizing everything super hard. I'm not saying don't try, put whatever effort you want into it to achieve your goals, but yeah, at a certain point the body dysmorphia goes away.

In all honesty you've done great but at your same height, I wasn't happy until I hit 170 and bulked from there. Now I'm 182 trying to make sure I never go back above 15%bf.

Keep pushing and don't listen to yours gains goblins. You'll hit your weight loss goal and set a new lean mass goal.

I feel like I haven't changed at all and it lead to a slight relapse. I was 203 lbs when I arrived at my new place and last weigh-in I was 182. I don't feel any difference and I can't tell the difference between my pics.

Height is 5'11"

The smaller you become the more noticeable weight loss becomes. Sure, you lost 10 pounds which is very much evident, however another 10 pounds will be even more noticeable.

i know that feeling op im going through it now. i've lost 80lbs and anytime i look down at my stomach all i can see is my gut that i had when i was at 290. everyone tells me i look really good and stuff but every time i look down i start to panic that ill gain the weight back. the only time i dont feel like this is when i look in a mirror which is weird but its the only way i know what i actually look like. on the plus side my friends girlfriend is trying to hook me up with her friends so i guess i must be doing something right. i just hope i dont go full spaghetti mode.

I'm currently 5'10" at 172, down from 217 and we don't look too dissimilar.

Going on a holiday second week of june after i finish my degree with a bunch of friends that I lived with in my first year at Uni and I'm shitting it. Got exams coming up so I doubt I'll get to the gym apart from a few sessions between the end of exams and the holiday but I feel like I still look a fat ass.

It doesn't help that I'm trying to get back on my diet and I'm going to funeral for a few days where I don't know what I'll be eating. And I know there's gonna be a lot of desserts and I'll hurt family feelings if I don't eat them.

fuck

Iktf ( here). I'm trying to keep my diet on track and trying to do at least some cardio every day or so but I'm so fucking stressed. My exams start in two weeks and I only started working for it on tuesday because of all the assignments and my dissertation so I've been getting into a cycle of stress, eating shit, not exercising and not sleeping properly so I just know that I'm going to put on weight but I don't feel there's much alternative at the moment

Had a funeral on my birthday in April, was fucking bizarre and I gained a lot of weight from the whole thing I feel, basically at the celebration after the funeral there were lots of cakes, some to celebrate my birthday and some just as general snacks as you have at these kinds of things. Was a really surreal day and I just found myself depression eating, been hitting the gym almost every day trying to get back into the state I was in before. In all likely hood, a day of binge eating cake probably didn't do THAT much damage to me, but from looking at myself, I feel I've gotten a lot worse.

as long as you keep at it it'll pass, just don't sink into a routine of eating like shit.

nah, been hitting the gym pretty much every day since trying to shake this feeling of having failed. I've actually made a lot more progress with my weight lifting in this time, with my current mind set (in that I am struggling to stay away from the gym) I think I can keep it up.