Is Calisthenics impressive for you...

Is Calisthenics impressive for you? Why those skinny faggots like frank Medrank or pic rel are such huge celebrities and fitness gurus?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5fbLq2gIDA8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Did you mean "Medrano"? Also you have really inflated standards if pic related is skinny to you.

if he is big for you then go fuck yourself kid

>Calisthenics
enjoy your lack of erectors spinae

Can you actually get big without equipment?

I know it doesn't replace the deadlift but what about back lever and bridges. I really don't understand all the hate for calisthenics, for some people it's the only way they have to exercise.

Calisthenics is more fun than lifting for me. I've been making decent gains so far with it.

Do whatever works for you

its godlike if u know what ur doing. u still need dead and squat though

Posts the most flattering pic he can find of him

>he's not big

I did a one handed finger pushup before I started working out. It fucking sucks.

And I don't know if it helped my bench but it really over inflated what I though I could lift. I was doing elevated one handed pushups which putting into a 1rm said I could bench over 300.

Fucking nope. I mean that type of shit is cool and all and it helps but it's really no substitute for lifting weights especially by choice

what the fuck are u actually talking about?

Yeah. People do it in jails all the time. In the jail in my county, that's how EVERYBODY gets or stays fit because some retard smashed in some other guy's head with a dumbbell so the warden took that to mean "no weights, ever." Just dip bars, pullup bars, some exercise bikes, and if you could keep the COs from seeing it, bags filled with books or water.

We had some decently huge guys in there. Granted, the biggest guys were always those who did weight training on the outside and just maintained inside but people still made the kind of progress you'd expect from a hypertrophy workout for at least 2 hours a day, every day.

Is it impressive? Yes. I find a lot of feats of strengh from different types of fitness impressive, because I'm not a stuck up cunt.

These guys are making decent gains, some of them are roiding obviously, but it's just not my thing.

Pushups make me feel strong, but I'm not to simplify it.

u can do 1000 different pushups for different purposes. calisthenics can be advanced aswell.
ever done handstand pushups? builds strong as fuck shoulders.
pistolsquats? do 3x12 of these each leg and ur strong as fuck

Can you get size? Yes, but not the same as weights no matter how much progressions you do, tension and tempo you add or whathever, you stop growing quickly for me it was 1,5 years to stop, but that doesn't mean you stop progressing, you can do more advanced and difficult moves, there's this guy Matt who has a youtube channel called RedDeltaProject and talks about all this things, highly recommend it.

>ever done handstand pushups? builds strong as fuck shoulders.

Does OHP translate into handstand push up strength?

yeah it does. minus the balance and core which is targeted more with handstands. but its basicly the same thing, upside down

Thanks man, I will check that out

"Impressive" depends on what you're looking for. I'm definitely impressed when I see people doing one-finger pushups or planches or dragon flags or handstand pushups, muscle ups and all that assorted crazy gymnastics bullshit on rings. They don't have that huge strongfat husbando-mode look you get from weightlifting but they're still strong as fuck.

Gymnasts in particular are actually absurdly strong, a good one can go into a weightlifting gym with no prior experience and have decent success benching around 2pl8. It's pretty impressive.

Of course the downside is that there is basically no good bodyweight exercise for your posterior chain/legs. Also since most of the work you do with calisthenics is high rep arm stuff they tend to get obnoxious tendon injuries and joint issues more often than weightlifters do, rock climbers for example are infamous for this.

>gymnasts
>2pl8 without any experience
No.

What a waste of trips

>Is Calisthenics impressive for you?
Is it not impressive to you?
I don't think most of Veeky Forums can do
one armed pullups
climb a rope or wall with just hands
any of the other things those guys are good at.

Having complete control of your muscles is pretty impressive.

Pushups require much more stabilizer muscles then presses do. My goal is to be able to pushup 2pl8s worth of weight. (Body weight plus weight vest plus resistance band )

youtu.be/spcB4wzG7tM

I've done calisthenics only for 2 years and started the gym a couple of months ago with a friend, the first day we got there he wanted to know how much i could bench don't know why, so we loaded the 10kg shit bar they have there with 15kg on each side(there are no 20kg/45lb plates on that shit gym) and i could do it easily, then he put another one and i did 10, then he put the 3rd 15kg disc (100kg/220lbs total) and i did 3 and almost died on the last one.

This thread is bait, but I'll bite

youtube.com/watch?v=5fbLq2gIDA8

>calisthenics
>decent gains

No retard, you're finally developing what should be the fucking baseline level of fitness and athleticism a human being should be capable of.

this has been my experience

please stop watching this guys videos

There's actually a lot of strength involved, a lot of the people here struggle with simple pull ups so lel

Muscle ups are quite difficult, I thought it'd be easy as piss since I have lmao4plate deadlift but nope

What's really amazing is when you got a 90kg bro up there and he's doing back lever pulls better than you