Former fat guys, how long did it take you to go from 20% BF to 12%? How strict were you with your regimen?

Former fat guys, how long did it take you to go from 20% BF to 12%? How strict were you with your regimen?

3 months.

1200 cal deficit a day.

I'm too heavily thinking about cutting, but I'm so fucking afraid of lowering my PR's, it's so scary man, it's like a mental block.
Deep down I really wanna cut and look lean, but damn, I'm scared of losing my gains

this lol

only 1600-1800 cal deficit for me and a huge load of lift training volume + a little bit of cardio

You should really maximize your aesthetics first, then go for gains from there, not the other way around.

>that much of a deficit

how

eating a fuckload of satiating shit like veggies, oats (and oatbran), lots of protein, drinking gallons of water, coffee too for appetite suppression, etc

Losing strength is inevitable. I'm down 10lbs but losing strength but I'm starting to look lean instead of a chubby permabulk. It's worth it. At the same time I'm starting to get closer to my old strength so feels good. 2 month cut now atm

Do what this user says

Is this safe in terms of preserving muscle and saggy skin? Educate someone who is taking his time on a classic steady -500 cal deficit

3-4 months with strict regimen.
6 months with decently strict.

1 month with dnp

probably not safe if he was lifting too

just eat and work out more

everything over 1kg/week -> probably losing muscle gains

Muscle loss on a cut is inevitable, there will always be some measure of muscle loss on a cut as a natty. However, muscle loss is extremely exaggerated on Veeky Forums even when dieting hard; if you're a fatass it's better to get down to 10% and then build back up. Reducing loose skin by going slow is a myth, skin only retracts so much and is predetermined(genetics), meaning that people who lose weight slow only APPEAR to have less loose skin because it has retracted alongside steady weightloss.

I was 169lbs when i started last week, im at 164 now. Im 1200 cal a day and gym every other day. When can i expect to be a normal sized human being? (im a 5'6 gril)

uhh isn't normal BMI for 5'6 like 140-150lbs? It'll take you like 3months

My ideal weight is apparently 129-135. So no, it's lower than that.

Not the person you're replying to, but are you basically saying that I should focus on losing the excess weight and then start seriously weight lifting? 6' 205lb dad bod guy, want to get to ottermode at least. No idea my bf% though

i would advise you to listen to this guy do whatever you want though you'll eventually see when you wanna stop

I was 250 at the beginning of December, and i got down to 185 by april

What do you mean? Listen to him by only losing until i hit 140-150 or listen to his 3 month estimate? I recognize his 3 month estimate and im sure its correct.

You don't really lose 8% BF in one month w DNP, right guys?

I'm 6'3 and my bf is under 12% at about 215. I was up to about 260 after taking oral cortisone for a few months. Ruptured a disc. But now I'm on the way down, 4 weeks in and I'm at 232.
>6 workouts a week
>30 minute cardio 5 times a week
>180 g protein a day
>260 g complex carbs
>40 g unsaturated fat

Started intermittent fasting 3 days ago. Only eat between 1300-1900. A little less food too.

Also I work on my feet all day and chop firewood for about 10 hours every weekend.

just reach 1/2/3/4 as a benchmark and dont go past it, adding all the little pounds after you hit pl8s isnt really satisfying

Both.

you lost 65lbs in 4months? nearly 4lbs per week?

140 is still close to overweight in terms of BMI though, it teeters on the edge of healthy and overweight. I'm tired of being a lard ass, I don't want my bf to leave me because I'm overweight. I feel like he woild be disappointed in me if I only lost 20lbs.

When you're over 250 and 6ft tall. It's really really easy to lose lots of weight very quickly.

anons pls help I wanna be sick cunt before summer is over

Yeah, it was usually 5 pounds a week when i stuck to my diet, but I had occasional fuck ups.
>eating 200 calories or less a day

>tfw 5'7"

I'm no expert, but I think you should start serious weight lifting now, but nutrition wise concentrate on losing weight. Fit in some cardio if you can to help with the weight loss.

Are you saying you only ate at most two hundred calories a day?

Tfw I'm over 6

Idk what to tell you if you want ottermode, but something I learned after my first cut is that you don't want to overdue it. You will be chasing that six pack for so long that you'll drop to skelly numbers and still have fat.

If I heard this advice before I kept cutting, I would've bulked much harder before my cut. The comparison a much more experienced lifter used good imagery in this sentence: "The bigger the muscles, the more they pop out. You will find it much easier to look aesthetic and muscular when your muscles are bigger, even if your bodyfat % is higher than it is now."

Seems so simple, but I had never thought about it. I was blinded by my desire to be ripped.

Yep, carrots and grapes , or a single chicken tender on lifting days

Did you drop below or near the healthy range in BMI? I know BMI isn't perfect, but I figured it's a pretty good measure for fatties to aim for before gaining weight again.

Yes, I dropped to 155lb at 5'9". I was a healthy BMI, but my abs never showed. The fat was definitely going away, and I was becoming more defined, but I lost muscle too. A lot. I guess that's why a lot of people wish they bulked harder their first bulk. Now i know that feel

I'm beginning a similar cutting regime after finishing finals and having time to prep everything.
Trying to just drop down to 195 from 225. 5'11