I want to fill my emptyness and loneliness by getting a dog

i want to fill my emptyness and loneliness by getting a dog
what are some Veeky Forums dogs?
I'm terrified of guard dogs like shar-pei and fighter dogs like pitbulls, but I'd be open to them as long as it's easy to train to be sociable

Huskies are bro tier. But require lots of time.

I have a husky and I do not recommend you get one unless you 100% know and can handle the responsibility of basically having a 2 year old for 15 years

My Sibe is in his Twilight years, he can barely walk a few Kms and falls over a lot. I'm going to go hug him

Yes, Extremely high maintenance

Collies, they are among the best in agility contests, intelligent and easy to train

get a Labrador retriever , easy to train have good health will run with you adventurous, love the outdoors low maintenance naturally friendly

Collies are the smartest dogs their are. And difficult to train. Get a lab or retriever.

Labs, bro

Pic related. Can run as long as me and then some, is extremely sociable to everyone we meet including children and strangers, and has been cakewalk-level maintenence from 8 months on.

I feed him, take him out, run with him, and let him sleep in my bed. That's all he needs.

I have a Boston terrier and he's pretty sweet and funny. He likes hiking and medium runs (5k-10k) and he's really affectionate. He's a bit high strung, which I'm told is a breed trait, but he's pretty sociable and happy in general.

Border Terriers are the king of dogs

German Shepherd are goat tier but can be prone to health issues as they age

Pussy magnets I swear.
You're feeding him veggies, brown rice and ground turkey right?

I usually just feed him the higher end stuff from the pet shop, but I could try it out.

nigga get a dog with a fucking personality that would suit yours

and go to the fuckin kennel

I miss my labbro

Got myself an Alaskan Malamute, wouldn't swap that guy for anything. Insanely loyal, adorable and he is really intimidating when something pisses him off.

They require a lot of walking though, in the Winter I usually go for 2-3 long walks round the countryside in my area. In the Summer hes much more docile due to the heat. Its also a pain in the ass because every fucking child takes the opportunity to chase and grab him like hes some sort of teddy bear. Grinds my gears. He makes a great therapy dog too, can tell when me or a bro/my partner is in a sorry mood, he'll dote on you until you cheer the fuck up.

This didn't really answer your question but hes very socialable and a great dog as long as you're willing to put in the dedication for long walks.

how do you train dogs? don't want dogs barking a lot, running away or urinating/defecating indoors

how do you deal with shedding hairs?

And will literally destroy everything you love if you dont get it 5hrs of exercise every day

Good luck having a 6 year old for the next 15 years.

If you want a companion id get a Weimaraner. They easy to train and are called Velcro dogs

And having to find pet friendly rentals that will charge, often non refundable, hundreds of dollars extra of deposits. If you don't own your place, and you must enslave yourself to this creature for 15 years, get a small dog. You may feel less manly but girls don't give a shit and will most likely find them cuter.

2 year old*

My lab bro. Just turned 2 and the amount of pussy I get in life has increased 300% plus awesome swimming buddy.
ITP: lab bro best bro

My pup is a pitbull/weim mix and its the best dog ive ever had. Knows how to high five, sit, stay, hunt (she corners and grabs coons and rabbits and waits for my command on what to do) will sound like a gargoyle when theres danger but actually loves meeting new people. Never leaves my side off leash without looking back to see if im still there following her

i want to get a black german shepherd

if not, then a regular german shepherd

what do you think, Veeky Forums? are they dogbro tier?

And do you travel at all? If you do, what are you gonna do with the dog? Can you bring him with you? Do you WANT to bring him with? And have to take care of him while you are supposed to be on vacation? If you don't bring him with, do you have someone to watch him? Are you going to board him? How much does boarding cost in your area? Where I live bottom dollar boarding costs about $22 per night per dog,and that is with most simple care. If you want more walks, treats, play time that usually costs extra. Average prices for boarding here though is closer to $30 a night, still with basic care. Can you afford that? Can you even afford good food? Are you gonna buy cheap food from Walmart which contains shitty and non nutritious food? Basically life feeding your dog chicken nuggets and hotdogs (as compared to human child) for the rest of its life? Can you afford food of higher quality for this animal which depends completely on you to feed and take care of it?

Really high strung and talkative. They're prone to back and hip problems and get really bad anxiety if improperly trained. They dont like other people and tend to be very standoffish around anyone that isnt you. Be aware of nearby children when you have an untrained Shepherd.

Are you gonna get a puppy? Are you going to train it yourself? Do you have knowledge on how to train it to come, stay, walk on a leash, be non aggressive/protective towards other dogs?

OP dogs are lifetime responsibility, not a fun little toy that will walk beside you and be your friend. I found out way too late I am NOT a dog person. Once mine go, I am never, NEVER, getting any pets ever again. Not even a cat. Living free of these responsibilities is much better.

Corgis are bros. They're also laughably Veeky Forums and active dogs since they were bred to herd cattle. They're basically big dogs that are cut off to half size so cows don't kick them in the face.

How do you guys have a full time job and have a dog at the same time?
Is it possible?
Assuming you are single.

I was thinking of getting a swiss shepherd i heard the opposite what do you think though.

You can't go wrong with a Lab. They are extremely intelligent, loyal, and can be very athletic and fun to take outdoors.

Where they're pups they will poop indoors, you put paper down and stuff. Everytime they do, you take them outside. Doesn't take them long to learn to do it outside instead, generally dogs don't want to shit where they sleep anyway unless given no option. As for behaviour like barking you just have to be firm, dogs are smart, they understand when you don't want them doing something most of the time. So you have to be the 'Alpha' of the pack to they actually listen to you when you don't want them to do something. Eventually their general behaviour follows suit.

If you don't want lots of hairs you get a dog thats hair grows longer instead of sheds, but you need to take them to groomers or learn to groom them yourself instead. Problem is a lot of these dog breeds have reputation of being old lader / gay dogs like west highland terriers (scotty dogs)

I only work like 30 hrs a week and make about 1,200 a month, its pretty easy to take care of a grown ass dog thats properly trained. Getting up to that point of ease was a nightmare though. I had to lock her in a cage for the first year of her life. Potty training was easy but it isnt for every dog. USE A CAGE! Cage or 'Crate' training is essential for a house dog.

>feel when a friend of yours who has never had a dog in their life or any experience of one wants to get a dog
>they pick a really complicated breed because they think it looks nice
>dogs is a complete nightmare and they end up giving it away at 1 years old because they are a terrible owner and its behaviour is terrible
>big breed with agressive behavior, probably got put down within a week at the home since nobody would adopt a dog like that

Not friends with that person anymore

German sheps are the best.

This is me and my best friends shep, 1 of 3.
They are absolutely amazing dogs.

even that is not that much dude.

POINTER

My pointer, who I got when he was 3-4 years old, is the best behaved dog I've ever met. He is a total bro. He's an incredible guard dog and very intelligent. Apparently he has outstanding vision, hearing, and smelling, according to my vet and a friend who hunts, but I don't hunt so it's kind of useless aside from being good for guard dogging.

If you have no experience with dogs, get a lab or retriever. Any other dog will wreck your shit, bark all the time, or drag your around the block on a leash.

Labs/Retrievers can be trained by even the most retarded asshole.

But most importantly, learn what the fuck you're doing before getting any dog. Books are largely useless but they'll give you an idea of what to do. Make sure there are puppy training classes in your area too, or at least a dog park where you can talk to people about what to do.

Any dog is a Veeky Forums dog as long as you don't fuck it up. So know what the fuck you're doing before you become another one of the 100,000 fuck ups who puts up a dog for adoption when it's one year old because "it's not cute anymore and doesn't listen"

>If you want more walks, treats, play time that usually costs extra

Enjoy getting ripped off all the time, fuckboi. A real kennel doesn't do that shit

>Any dog is a Veeky Forums dog as long as you don't fuck it up.
Pugs, shih tzus, and pekingese say hi
Lap dogs are literally bred to not be Veeky Forums

Adopt a dog that's already housetrained and behaves well at the shelter.

Seconding labs.

>Beagle is love, beagle is life

>Beagle is also hungry
>always

This is true

Pretty much all gun dogs are m8

Jack Russels are god tier dog pals. Here is mine, very aesthetic.

Pitbulls are best dogs.

but thats a boxer

Kek anyone remember that greentext where some guy was giving his cat protein powder and making it do crunches and obstacle courses and it got swole?

Dream doge btw.

Fuck man I always wanted to have a dog growing up but my dad is sick as fuck and has every type of allergy

I commute to uni from home and am joining my countrys army afterwards

>tfw i will never have mans best friend

Get one without the ridge its cheaper and the ones with the ridge might cost you thousands of dollars if its been improperly bred and the complications go unchecked . Dat dermoid sinus infection

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? TAKE OUT THE RIDGE?!!

Dude Ive never heard of this why is this necessary? Pls delete pic.

Uh, no. Stop being dumb. Some are born with a genetic flaw and need spinal surgery. The hair grows back after the spinal surgery to fix it, retard. And some are born without the ridge and have regular fur without any problems.

My friends family had a beagle they should have put down at one point. Even in pain and in misery it would still get up to harass and steal other dogs food and treats

So hold on the ridge is a genetic flaw? I didnt think the ridge was a big deal I wouldve gotten one with or without. Shit now you have me thinking.

Nah, only some get the flaw. Its somewhat rare but theres always a chance if you get from the wrong breeder.

Tibetan Mastiff ;)

Get a newfie
>big as fuck
>super friendly
>people don't know that though so they're afraid and won't fuck with you
>if you have a pool you can train him to be a lifeguard

I can tell you English Bulldogs are not fit dogs. My dog won't even take walks. Last time I tried he choked himself so much trying force himself back home he puked. I've given up after that. He gets okay exercise from running around the lawn. Good dog for lazy people, or people without much space.

Any working dog or shepherd

English Bulldogs have the same breathing problems as pugs, right? Maybe that's why they can't exercise for too long.

Working dogs and herding dogs are the best types you can get

Don't get a border collie unless you want a dog autist

Regular collies are great though

Dunno if i could bring myself to get a bulldog, their lives just look like suffering because of the breeding they have been put through.

I would really like to see some crosses with staffies or something, keep some similiar cute characteristics while getting rid of some of the terrible health problems.

Goldens are loyal and have unlimited energy, but you have to hit them hard with training because they like to chew on everything and everyone. They are exactly like children until about 3 years old

end up with something like this

cute huh

go to a rescue and get a dog that's seen the world.

Pic related: my dog

Maybe if you live in the land of the kanuks

Get a fucking mutt from the pound that looks like he'll be a good dog. They won't have as many health issues, and if it's a puppy, it won't have behavioral ones. (Not to discount old dogs, they're bros too)

>I couldn't train my dog to walk properly

Pretty much all I got from your post breh

This. I have a dream dog as well, a Ridgeback, but I kind of just want to get a muttbro now.

You know, I have been pondering cutting off beef and non-free pasture dairy for ethical reasons for a couple of months, and then I hear that corgies can her cattle, and it's back to square 1 "lol bovines are dumb as bricks who gives a fuck"

sorry about your wait

>he doesn't get a pitbull to wrestle against

>go to pound
>see the most retarded looking dog i have ever seen in my life
>gigantic long body
>massive tail
>tiny ass stumpy legs
>coloured like a dalmation
>GIGANTIC penis and anus (seriously turns around and his anus is the size of an apple)
>massive paws
>for some reason fall in love with him the instant i see this retarded monstrosity most likely concocted for the strangest most awful dog orgy of all time
>take him home, nicest dogs ever, super smart

Only problem is he gets retarded obsessions with sticks and barks at them, and i can't take him on walks through brush anymore because he gets ticks all over his massive dick because his body is so low and his dick is so big.

Love him though

>its a doggo thread on Veeky Forums

my friends dog just had 7 puppies and i really wanna take one. theyre lab something mixes. i also love blue heelers i think theyre best doggos

my ridgeback just passed

was my best friend for 15 years

> HF&F
> pick none

I'm sorry bro. Dogbros are amazing, but also heartbreaking. Their loyalty is truly unwavering.

I got this guy when I was 18. 9 years later now and he's still the nicest dog I've ever met. He's very intelligent and therefore is great with other dogs because he's very good at reading them.
Also he's still the best and the most motivating running partner I could ask for.

OP if you have the time and energy to run with your dog every day, or at least make sure that the dog gets to run, I'd recommend a husky. They're amazing dogs, they have a very different personality and are smarter than a lot of other other dog breeds.

good form, pupper

good form, pupper

Anyone have a golden retriever? How are they? I want one but I'm not sure if he would be able to handle the heat.

Pics?? Not of the penis, just the dog.

beagles are meme dogs tho
enjoy neighbours leaving passive aggressive notes about how they have to wake up early in the morning

soon enough this'll be bannable, mark my words

awww
this fuckin pupper man
so cute, everytime

> good form, pupper

here is one of him by the fire with my Jack Russel

I work from home. He sleeps when I sleep, I walk him before work, on breaks and after work. Life is good but I need to hit the gym often to keep from getting fat as fatass.

My dog is a black lab / blue heeler (aka Aussie sheep dog). He's a menace. I love him, but he barks at EVERYONE. I can't take him out without him accosting someone on the sidewalk, other dogs, cars, cripples, children, minorities. Basically he's a bro.

get a yellow lab for sure user

English Bulldogs and pugs are smushed face dogs, not very active. Basically fat people. They have sleep apnea, could choke to death sleeping, heart conditions, and they fart constantly.

The correct answer is always beagle

>caring about your degenerate neighbors

Adopt an adult or get a puppy?

Adopt. Save a life