Squats

Veeky Forums
What is so great about Squats?, is this a meme exercise?

Other urls found in this thread:

homemadestrength.blogspot.com/2011/04/more-than-just-squat-stands.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Any leg exercise is a meme

I don't squat/deadlift
Am I gonna make it?

i don't deadlift i just squat, no one deadlifts except the autists here desu

Requires every muscle in your legs and hips to move through a large range of motion under heavy load. Could get strong, aesthetic legs without any other movement.

/thread

You have the lower body and you have no upper body, you got a problem building...wait a minute. You have the upper body, and you have no legs, you got a problem building your legs. You have the upper...you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, the upper body, it is easier to build. So if you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, it is easier to build the upper body. You have the upper body and you don't have the legs, you got a problem building the lower body... No, you don't understand. You have the upper body, but you don't have the lower body, you got a problem building downstairs. You got the up- legs on the bottom, it is easier to build on the top, so you don't have much as a problem.

Left one looks better desu famalam

It's a comic mate, the point is that you can train a bunch of light "isolation" movements like a bitch or 1 fucking heavy movement like a man.

give routine

>as written by a fat man

you can forever overload squats

Can't say the same thing for machines which you'll soon max out unless you're a woman.

y

nice pasta, I needed a bulking breakfast anyways. Thanks, user.

cos

Deadlifting is fun as shit though

PPL no deathlifts

Love/hate deadlifts. I don't make any progress unless I do so much volume that I feel like I'm going to die.

Thats the fun part user

Can anybody give me a workout to replace squats? I go to university from August to beginning of May and have the uni gym while I'm there but here at home I don't have a squat rack, only a bench, and there is no way in hell I can get the bar over my head with the weight I need to squat. I can deadlift but that doesn't give me the can't walk feeling that I love from squats.

homemadestrength.blogspot.com/2011/04/more-than-just-squat-stands.html

If you've got dumbbells, you can try goblet squats.

I deadlift only once a week and I've made progress steadily. What are you doing for lower body volume in the rest of your routine?

Easy lad find a gym with a squat rack and go there and squat.

Thanks man

Literally just a bench and free weights at home. I don't like dumbbells since you need so many to have full coverage.

There is one within walking distance of my house but it would cost about $200 after fees and whatnot to actually be able to squat for the few months before Uni starts again.

>that guy who has legs
costanza.png

barbell Hack squat.

Most painful muscle groups targeted. Once you get used to it everything else is pretty bliss

hip flexibility, strong lower back, ability to carry more weight, not being made fun of on normiebook for skipping leg day

you can do twice the work in half the time, you could fuck about with leg press and six million machines or you could just do a few sets of heavy squats and benefit more from it

pretty much this

Squats are awful. I hate them but I do them thrice a week. I've been squatting for two years soon and still can't squat 2pl8s for sets of five. My best is 2pl8s for a triple WITH belt and sleeves.

>that guy who wears a bodybuilding.com t-shirt and basketball shorts to the gym

pic related is ok because he's doing a video for them. i agree though, 99% of the time it's a manlet who hasn't lifted for more than 3 months, it's pretty funny. all the genuinely big guys just lift in whatever they pulled out of the wardrobe but all the new guys wear all of this tryhard shit.

>DYEL on this board discuss whether the most important exercise is a meme or not
That's how you know never ever take advice from Veeky Forums

Its not the most important exercise. There is no most important exercise across the board.

Good movement? Yeah. But its just another tool in the box.

>just another tool in the box
Finally somebody gets this. Why is everybody emotionally attached to certain exercises. They're just tools - Use whichever is appropriate to get the job done.

Man i have some difficulties with squatting. My back is in the right position and all, but i always forget to keep my knees in alignement when i get up. They always "roll" back inside.

Try to make a "short foot". Pull the front of your foot closer to your heel so you get a bigger arc below your feet. See if that changes things.

Putting something under my heels, like a small wooden plank or something would do the trick too, no ?

its such a good feeling :3

>exercise makes you fat

No that's not the same thing.

>not wearing a tee and sweatpants everywhere