My girl saw how happy i was lifting and wants in on that too...

My girl saw how happy i was lifting and wants in on that too. She was impressed that I can DL almost twice my weight (not very impressive, I know)
how much should she expect to lift in a year or so? she's tiny, like 50 kg 1.50 m, and can't do a single push up. she's got a good attitude, trains 5 days a week. what should she expect in a year or half a year?

Lower body movements can pick up fairly fast, upper body tends to be slow as shit.

Its a waste of time trying to predict exact numbers. They're too variable.

you're not wrong, but a couple of data points from femanons will at least give us a range to work with.

this, women will progress lower body much faster than upper body

idk, 25/40/60/80 perhaps after a year? (kg) most girls i see who have been lifting for a while seem to be able to do something close to that.

What do people keep asking these retarded questions?

>how much can i expect in 1 year
>how hot will my girl be in 5 months
>how much can i achieve with pull ups alone

JUST DO IT MOTHERFUCKER AND SEE FOR YOURSELF FFS.

>25/40/60/80
If she'll push half her body weight over her head, I'll be very surprised.

wow so insightful
>never set goals for yourself
>never track your progress and compare to see if there's something wrong with your training
>don't consult the huge pool of experience that is Veeky Forums
>just to it motherfucker
ok got it thanks

Not the user you are responding to but I am around her measures and i started with a 20 OHP, in 2 months i was at half my bw. Its not that hard

Are you fucking retarded?
having a goal has nothing to do with asking these stupid questions on Veeky Forums.

You have a goal and can work on it, track your progress. What point is to ask:

Its faggots like you that ask these stupid questions who never make it and look shit after 3 years.

But i dont blame you because a faggot just like you at some point.

>huge pool of experience that is Veeky Forums

thank you.
20 kg? also were in shape before you started lifting?
I love how much you assume about me.
answer me this, my faggot hating friend, how exactly should one set his goal without any knowledge about what someone of his measure can achieve?
people who've been lifting. It's like i need medical advice.

Most of Veeky Forums doesn't lift. Most of those that do skim-read SS (or just the wiki version) and now think they're experts. There's very few experienced lifters around.

>how exactly should one set his goal without any knowledge about what someone of his measure can achieve?

Im sorry but this is just too stupid to not be a troll.

I wouldnt say there are very few experienced lifters around, you see quite a lot of shredded people in CBT.

But what IS true, is that noobs and pseudo-experts outnumber the real pro's.

Out of 1000 people here on Veeky Forums, 50 will be shredded cunts who know their shit, the rest will be noobs.

What does that mean?

That basically every answer you read here, is coming from someone who prolly looks shit and has no idea about lifting, be he thinks he does, thus why he responds to these questions.

There is a reason why 99.5% of the people you see everyday are DYEL's. They dont know shit, they dont know how to get big.

Apart from the roiders, shredded jacked and natty cunts are a rare sight.

This is the reason why i denied the help from the trainers at my gym. They are dyel and i do not accept advice from someone who looks shit.

>25 kg OHP
>40 kg bench
I know girls don't have much in the way of upper body strength, but get real: In no way, in no place in this planet, are those impressive numbers for anyone who has trained for six months or more, bar people recovering from crippling disease. My little sister of 16 years old can do that much without even trying, for several reps, no issue.
Older woman I work with got a 2pl8 deadlift after a few months, and she trains like a retard.
If you get your girl to train on a boring but efficient program type SS/SL and stick with it for the year, I guarantee you will see more than that.

I wasnt in shape but ive always been sorta strong since i was fat most of my life. My ohp was better than my bench tho so thats weird. I dont think she'll have problems reaching 25kg in 6 months for sure anyway.

Are you a man or a woman?

You underestimate the pathetic-ness of humans and exspecially girls.

I know a guy ( A GUY) who benches 50 kg after 1 year.

There are girls and boys within normal weight range that cant do a single push up.

Imagine that, a single fucking push up.

Not 4 or 5 push ups. Im talking about just 1 fucking push up here.

And this has nothing to do with strength, but rather with will power and being a degenerate, naiv and ignorant fuck.

I have to 2 buddys in the gym, that dont sweat while they are working out and they claim they "train hard".

Imagine that. How shitty you have to train, to not lose a single drop of sweat and then be ignorant enough to think " i train hard".

Sometimes it makes me fucking mad, but usually its just sad how pathetic human beings can be in this modern world.

woman

>how much should she expect to lift in a year or so
more

>trains 5 days a week
as a beginner? that's dumb

>Its a waste of time trying to predict exact numbers
this is a very important point, even "general" estimations are a serious problem

>I wouldn't say there are very few experienced lifters around
the statistics suggest that you're very wrong, a recent Veeky Forums census suggests that only 3% can squat more than 200kg

>you see quite a lot of shredded people in CBT
Aesthetics =/= strength =/= experience =/= knowledge

>claims that Veeky Forums is a pool of experience
>basically every answer you read here, is coming from someone who prolly looks shit and has no idea about lifting
you do realise how self-defeating that is and how much of a bitch it makes you look right?

Basically, the problem is that genuine progression in the long-term has so many variables that we simply can't expect to get a reasonable idea of where your girl can be in a year's time. The longer we're given to estimate for (e.g. a year, a decade, etc.) the more difficult it becomes. Let me make a short list of considerations that are key to figuring it out, so you understand the difficulty in this sort of question

>Age
>Height
>Athletic background
>Goals
>Programming
>Individual Volume/Intensity capacities
>Diet
>Injuries
>Lifestyle/commitments
>Sleep
>Hydration
>Mobility

and there are plenty more

To be fair, the impressiveness of a 200kg squat is pretty hard to gauge unless you also know their bodyweight and their training goals. Depending on either it could be utter shit or a monster squat.

go look up strength standards for women

>You need to squat 200kg, or do squats at all to know how to build muscle.

>Aesthetics =/= strength =/= experience =/= knowledge

If you are asthetic and look good, it means you have the knowledge that is required to be asthetic and look good. That is simple logic and thats all people care about.
Unless you are a fat powerlift who looks shit but " MUHHHH 300KG deadlift".

Its like saying, someone who can run 20 miles without a break doesnt know how to get better at running.

Someone who can do 3 blackflips in a row with perfect form, cant teach you how to do backflips.

>claims that Veeky Forums is a pool of experience

Im not the same person.

of course, but I take it as a general standard given that the average height of Veeky Forumsizens is 5'9-6'1 and, therefore, they ought to be 80-120kg. At any weight between those two, a 200 squat is what I'd consider to be decent.

Obviously that changes due to other training factors and the style of squat, but as a rule of thumb I think its pretty decent. I would've quoted training age statistics but I can't remember those, I think it was

In many cases, that knowledge boils down to how much gear you can run before the sides get unbearable. A lot of very jacked guys have literally no fucking idea about training or nutrition ("egg yolks have too many carbs, so I don't eat them" to quote one IFBB physique pro). What they do have is the genetics, the dedication and the drugs.

>>trains 5 days a week
>as a beginner? that's dumb

Why? I find it infinitely easier to train 5 days PPL than a stupid 3 day SS.

Being aesthetic requires no knowledge at all. 4 months into lifting on ICF at a pretty large deficit I was pic related. I knew jack shit about lifting and was weak as fuck. (120/180/230/315 lifts in lbs) Aesthetics just requires having the discipline to starve yourself down to really low bf%. I was 5'11 152 lbs in that pic. Now I'm up to 170 lbs and still not really strong, but I know a hell of a lot more about lifting, even though I don't have the definition I did back then.

>If you are aesthetic and look good, it means you have the knowledge that is required to be aesthetic and look good
Not necessarily, I've met plenty of guys with great physiques that train like dogshit and/or get "support" from other factors. This is why you don't just take advice from the biggest guy in the gym until you know he's not a retard

>That's simple logic
so simple its fallacious

>And that's all people care about unless you're a fat powerlifter who looks shit
The Veeky Forums census I cited earlier suggests that 45% of people on here train for strength or at least consider it to be an essential part of their goals. Don't be a dickhead.

>Its like someone who can run 20 miles without a break doesn't know how to get better at running
That's obviously a huge exaggeration and completely different to what is being said. Athletes aren't always knowledgeable and don't always achieve their results through knowledge and strategy - a lot of the athletes that you see attending national-level competitions are just following their coach's orders and are superb genetic athletes.

>I find it infinitely easier to train 5 days PPL than a stupid 3 day SS
obviously there's no innate superiority to SS but its a solid program.
PPL is simply more advanced than necessary for a novice athlete - we'd generally suggest that you do a 3-day beginner template with some general exercises. Yes this obviously sounds a lot like SS but people don't realise how Long Term Athletic Development works - you want to start with more general programming and move towards more specific training. So if your goals are aesthetic you want to follow a pattern something like:
5x5 program -> Upper/Lower -> PPL -> advanced split

There are also plenty of sources in the coaching literature that state that 5x/week is just unnecessary for a beginner given that all they're training in the first few months is CNS adaptation - they won't differentiate between CNS stress from Push/Pull lifts, which Is designed for those who are more advanced and, as such, are more concerned with muscular adaptations. It sounds a bit weird, but basically there's no benefit to splitting up your exercises into upper/lower or push/pull if you're just training the CNS, whereas you'd benefit from that if your limiting factor in recovery is contractile protein degradation and repair (I.e. muscular adaptation)

sorry if that sounds convoluted, it makes sense in application I promise

What's dumb with training 5 days per week? she keeps sessions short and not too taxing
i did, but they don't really work for a girl that hasn't done any major sport her entire life. see the difference between the girl in question anddude she can't even do a single one.
I made the same rent yesterday. A friend of mine has been in the gym for three months and can only bench 35kg. told me he could do 90 pushups at the time. I don't get it.

Let me put it otherwise then:

> You have to know your shit, to be at a heavy size, low bf and asthetic.

I dont consider a 150 lb 12"inch biceps "muuhh abs!" fag to be asthetic (no offense)

Guess this is just opinion here. pic related is what i consider jacked and asthetic (that guy is 200+ pounds).

that's a good answer, thanks.

It'd be nice if you did, but unfortunately you don't. Genetics, dedication (especially over a long period) and gear can make up for all kinds of stupidity in the weight room.

If it helps, I really like Veeky Forumss greyskull routine for a beginner - the chins and pulls will be difficult if she's a grill and a beginner but until she can do those there's always lat pull downs/rows etc.

>You have to know your shit to be heavy, lean and aesthetic
or you could be on steroids and give out complete misinformation. Fact is, SOME jacked/shredded guys know their shit but in my experience the great majority just have a lot of time under their belt which, strangely enough, is one of the biggest factors for success in hypertrophy/physique training

you've earned my respect as a non-retard, Veeky Forumsizen Eleiko. I shall go and read of this gray skull of yours.

>Its not that hard

Just cause you progress like that doesnt mean its the same for everyone
I weigh 61 kg and am 173cm tall and started with 20kg OHP, now about 5 months later i am still stalling hard as fuck at 23,5kg
Its just sad
But at least I greatly improved on my squat and DL
Went from 30kg squat to 65kg and about 40kg DL to 80kg

A 25kg ohp is not unachievable by any means.
Just because you dont train hard its not the same for everyone.

nigger im not saying its unachievable, im just saying not everyone progresses the same. And especially girls have pretty weak shoulders. I work hard, just my shoulders are shit

173cm
85 kg after a difficult cut
27kgX5 one hand OHP
shoulders are total bitches bro. just keep working. it might take years, just keep pumping in the work and you'll get better.

Well megsquats (youtuber) has something like a 130kg squat and a 150kg sumo pull after 2-3 years powerlifting, so if you extrapolate that back, 80kg squat and 100kg pull doesnt seem unreasonable. No idea for upper body, no frame of reference at all

This is assuming bulking for that time with spot on training for 1 year, but im just shitposting so ignore me if you want

I'm guessing she weighs 65?
These girls are more like an upper limit than a goal.
I mean, naturally a girl with such numbers wasn't a total potato before she started lifting.

"Shredded" does not equal experienced lifter. Some of the most experienced lifters in the world are not "shredded".

Symstr gauges a 50kg girly at
28/43/64/76 kg for teal
teal is a fine goal for a year of lifting
pic related