/plg/

Powerlifting general

powerliftinggeneral.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g2tyOLvArw0
youtube.com/watch?v=Yln7GE1h0D4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I got a bunch of malware after I clicked the link

God why did I inker the nod32 warning telling me there was suspicious activity on there

ebin meme

Where are that faggots abs?

It's not a meme I'm gonna get fired from my work for this Ughh

Sup /plg/, novice here looking to get into powerlifting in the future.

Currently on SL (but doing 3x5), squat and diddly still going up at 140kg and 165kg respectively - but my binch has been stalled now for a while now at around 80kg along with my OHP at 50kg.

Trying to milk all the linear gains still so are there any thoughts on whether and how SL can be run alongside greg nuckols 3 day novice bench routine? I.e can you squat 3x and bench 3x a week and would you have to leave out OHP? My squat/bench ratio is way out of whack so I'd really like to work on bringing my bench up.

After I finish SL I'm thinking of running c6w, again with nuckols for upper body as I've heard Candito's program isn't great for bench; does this sound like a decent idea?

Yeah, you'd have to drop ohp. Other than that, no problems.
You could just cuckols it all up if you like. His novice programs should work better than SL/SS meme.

>His novice programs should work better than SL/SS meme.

No stop this madness.

WOAHHH what the fuck there is all sorts of shit on my PC after I clicked this link
Norton anti virus is saying I have 'malware' that needs removing immediately?

Yeah did consider that but I've read his squad/deadlift programs kinda suck

Why the hell even waste time with SL?
Go with SS and deadlift 2-3x per week if your goal is powerlifting. Heavy on monday and friday, lighter with a bit more volume (or cleans/power cleans) on wednesday with chinups.

Yeah you can drop the OHP if you want.

Holy F

Wada F!

AVG Anti-Virus web browser just set off a Christmas tree of alarms when I clicked OPs link

Warning to the wise.. Tread carefully

Didn't you read it he's training for powerlifting.

You serious? I have ESET and nothing happened.

When j said inker I meant ignore

I ignored ESETS NOD32 warning and proceeded anyways

Here I was thinking PLG was a comfy, safe place

>falling for the shittiest oldest bait in the book

Cmon dude

When was the last time you updated your virus database ?

Trip on SSSCN TOPKEK100 you aren't fooling anyone

Does lifting make your head bigger or some shit?

I remember seeing Klokov when he was young, and his head grew fucking bigger wtf

I didn't even recognize him at first

From the roids

It was the HGH he was injecting

>2016
>not having a skull day in your program

Shiggy diggy

I'd appreciate it if you ceased posting here

>Post says squat and deadlift are going up
>Yeah dude you should change your program

But Klokov is natty

>Tfw your highbar setup is so shit no matter how much you work on it and you never feel completely tight throughout. Its like my traps become loose and it sits on my back instead of traps.

>Tfw always feel solid tight in lowbar

Where do I kill myself?

>Skullfuck trappy xamrap

my routine, thoughts?

All you have to do is brace as hard as you can and sit down slowly

There you go, you now have perfect high bar form

You're welcome

His numbers are gonna go up regardless of what he does, he's a novice.

He should get into a program that will fit his goals best and actually get his deadlift up instead of wasting his time with memehdi's pointless rowing.

Just do lowbar?

>rowing
>pointless

Trappydumbhead does it again

>his goals

He's better off deadlifting more and doing chinups. Rowing instead of deadlifting is a waste of time for him.

Nah I'm WL but figured I'd post about squats in a more active thread. :^)

Mark Rippcuck says to do front squats and low bar for WL.

The point still stands, just do lowbar for strength and front squats for technique.
That's the main purpose of the back squat for WL anyways.

>inb4 starting a lowbar vs highbar meme war
My butt is ready.

She is really sexy. Amazing curves for a girl her age. Hips, butt, thighs, breasts...she's got it all. Gorgeous face. Just from looking at her figure, I figured she'd done some type of gymnastics and/or dancing, since a lot of gymnasts and dancers have a figure like that, so when I found out that's true in her case, I wasn't surprised at all. Its kind of strange, because you normally don't think of gymnasts being that thick, but there have been a decent amount of hot, thick gymnasts like Shawn Johnson and Kim Zmeskal. I guess the most surprising thing is for Sophie to be so thick AND so flexible, since most girls that thick aren't nearly that flexible and vice versa. She and her body are truly a gift from God.
She's like all those girls shy guys like me wish we'd had the nerve to go up to and talk to and ask out back in high school, but were too "pussy" to (hate when that term is used negatively, but I'm allowed to be self deprecating to myself, just no one else is or prepare to die lol). If only girls could be the ones to be bold, confident, assertive, charismatic, and be the ones to make the first move, so all the pressure wasn't on us. If only they could see inside us for the big hearted, sweet, sensitive guys we are and what great boyfriends we'd make. How kind, thoughtful, and considerate we'd be. Not to mention funny, decent looking, and decently intelligent. Not perfect, but I think we'd be enough to satisfy them.

I thought lowbar was devil?

>Tfw lowbar gives you elbow tendonitis even using rippetoe thumbless straight wrist grip as well as wrist wraps and below sleeves

Elbow sleeves*

gtfo ripdrones

Everyone knows squatting lowbar will make you fat. This vid is from when Klokov did lowbar squats.

Post vid
Or watch youtube.com/watch?v=g2tyOLvArw0

wow
youtube.com/watch?v=Yln7GE1h0D4

kek srs. Will doing lowbar fuck me up if I'm starting WL?

Seen it and read most of the threads on the SS forum. Think I just need to keep working on thoracic mobility and shoulder rotation desu

Sorry for the long post and if this is too honest/awkward for some people. Really don't care if people judge me or not, since I've decided that I'm going to be brave and put myself out there and hopefully maybe someone else is going through something similar and reading my posts will help them feel less alone. Just a flawed, regular (or so I thought), good hearted, misunderstood guy trying to find his purpose in life while he still can. Trying to find my place in this messed up world. I figure I have to have been put on this Earth for some reason and be good at at least one thing as a "grown-up".

Though unfortunately I guess society hasn't progressed that far yet :-/ We're still too hung-up on stupid, BS gender roles that are really just a creation of society to try to keep people from connecting, designed to prop up all the "alpha" people, all the "winners", at the expense of the rest of us. People are still programmed and brainwashed to only care about "alpha" people or to strive to be like them. Until we open our eyes and start living our own lives and thinking for ourselves nothing will change. Oh well. But at least guys like me can dream.

But yeah, we were too shy to talk to them "back in the day". They just seemed too perfect and unapproachable. Like we weren't worthy...like just looking at their immaculate beauty and perfection only made us feel like crap and realize how flawed we are in comparison. How unworthy. "Putting the pussy on a pedestal" is I guess the phrase. Easier said than done not to be that way though, especially if you've been through trauma in the past that's wrecked your confidence and self esteem. And beautiful women like Sophie, regardless of age, still make me feel that way to this day.

Yes, putting the bar a couple of centimetres lower on your back will steal all your gains.

No dude, it doesn't make much difference at all. The point of the back squat is to make you stronger. You'll get stronger regardless of doing high or lowbar. This whole "highbar vs lowbar" debate is a meme instigated by Everett and Riptits.

Just keep in mind you should still front squat for developing technique and strength for the classic lifts. You should front squat even if you're doing highbar.

Is klokov your ideal boyfriend?

dont worry isley, you still have a chance

Oh but still try to sit down like a highbar squat as opposed to doing westside style?

Fuck everything

>ywn FUCK trappy

Doesn't really matter, at least not for the back squat. Do whatever feels comfier for you.
You back squat to get stronger for the classics.
You front squat to get better at the classics.

I mean, he's married and has a daughter. I think it's too late for that.

Just remember to use a condom senpai.

>giving a serious sensible answer instead of flirting

This is not why I asked you fucking bitch.

Daily reminder to hinge everything

Even friendship?

Thanks. I kept reading things like you need a perfect atg highbar so that your CNS goes to that position for near failure.

Lowbar is much more comfy for me. Should I just sit down and up still or do I need to do hip drive?

ESPECIALLY

Yes, even friendship.

try both for a while, I get a lot stronger sitting down rather than back

was a pleasant surprise trying it once after sitting back for a year

Stop posting on /adv/ cunt

would you be friends with trappy irl

i'd imagine she could be one of your pirate parrots ala danklifts

>tfw too weak to have a pirate parrot

what are you working out today?

My golf swing

But if he was single, a bit younger and okay with transmen, what about then?

anecdotal evidence here, but when I stopped rowing I stopped progressing deadlifts.
I squat 160kg and deadlift 140kg. I could not get my deadlift up, so I'm rowing more and it's going up.

>got 7 reps when I was aiming for a 4RM

me cock

transwoman*

transmen are ftm

>he doesnt use RDLs as a main movement

How 2 make an aesthetic spreadsheet for tracking?

Delusional man*

No such thing as a transwoman

>dietmar
>aesthetic

sheiko style is the only way2go

So not such thing as a transman either?
So your point is?

Oops Yeah

Volume Squats and working up to a bench AMRAP @290. Hoping for like 6 reps.

>lbs
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I really doubt the limiting muscles on your deadlift were your lats and biceps.
You messed up somewhere else.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying rows are useless.
I'm saying having half the floor pull frequency because of rows, for a beginner, is a waste of time. Specially considering they could be doing the deadlifts and the chinups.

Well I'd try really hard to get him to like me then.

Would probably mess it up though.

lmao I'm sorry senpai ;;

No, that's why you front squat.

>Should I just sit down and up still or do I need to do hip drive?

Whichever works best for you senpai.

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I GET PAST THIS FUCKING PANDA

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

google.com

How is the ssb program going for the lads?

Rows work rhomboids, trip and rear delts too

They are all going to laugh at you

I'm really liking it for myself.
Joe is still getting back into the swing of things after his long break. Once he gets past his deconditioned state he'll do well though.
Alex seems to be doing well on it but he'd do well on most anything.

>Joe is still getting back into the swing of things after his long break. Once he gets past his deconditioned state he'll do well though.

pls tell me you didn't let him use his last comp maxes

Unfortunately Russians generally hate transgender people

We used only slightly deflated maxes at first because I didn't realize the extent of the situation.
We remedied that after the first day.

Sabre can I have some tips and tricks for choosing accessories rep ranges?

I like getting pump and I need bigger arms. NEED. is 2x30curls 3x a week good? Is 3x13 Tricep extensions twice a week good?

Why are barbers so fucking retarded and cant understand the most basic instructions

JUST

>is 2x30curls 3x a week good? Is 3x13 Tricep extensions twice a week good?
wat lol.
People mostly do the standard 4X10, 3X12, etc. because it works. Keep it simple. Bodybuilding work isn't rocket science and it doesn't really matter how much you do so long as it doesn't interfere with recovery. So like do some sets of curls a couple times a week and whatever else you feel is lacking. Just don't get crazy with it and you'll be fine.

Bad coach. Never reply to me again.

Can we get any juicy details on this?

I'm asking for a british friend of mine.

not bullying related

my social skills :(

100kg / 140kg / 100kg

No
(you)

why are u OHPing if u wanna powerlift

All very useful for the deadlift.

>trip

No.

You recommended me an arbitrary bro rep scheme

You're a bad coach

If I only get 2 reps on my week 5 testing for C6W, should I stick with C6W or just change to sheiko?

Did u really just say that a WL should lowbar squat
holy shit lmao