He stops at 5 reps!

>he stops at 5 reps!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m8wZNGL4iA4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>she keeps going after 30 reps

>he lifts between 6-7 reps & Thinks he's progressing

Hoho! Well memed, good sir!

i feel generous today, upvote for both of you!

i wont stop after 5 strokes though ;) if you know what i mean
(its a sex joke for those that dont get it)

I both liked And reported this post

anyone do 8 reps here?

whats 5 reps, is it a car workshop for repairments?

3x12 is what I do

What is the reason for that graph anyway?

Top kek

trolling, mostly

>he doesn't spend a considerable amount of time early on lifting lower weight for 15 to 20 reps to kickstart the adaptation process and development of muscular endurance, then progress to heavier weight and 10-15 reps, then heavy weight and 5-8 reps to recruit the maximum number of muscle fibers possible, maximizing gains
This is why you guys stall out. You try to lift the maximum weight as soon as you can, skipping the real development that forms the foundation for real strength.

I stop at 5, wait a few seconds and do the rest of the set
in other words I skip 6th and 7th rep because those do nothing

If this is bait, you're a fucking genius.

No, it's not bait.
I'm not saying "spend 6 months lifting sets of 20 reps", I'm saying "spend the very first month or two lifting sets of 20 reps, progressing the weight by 5% every 4th training session, before starting to do fewer reps per set with heavier weights". I'm not kidding when I say I see guys on Veeky Forums all the time complaining about stalling out, and it's not because they don't eat enough or aren't trying hard enough, it's because they tried to progress everything too quickly and/or have bad form. Everybody seems to be in such a hurry to be huge that they skip building a solid foundation and just try to push through everything, so it's no mystery to me when they get stuck. Of course what I'm talking about goes against conventional wisdom so of course it doesn't sound right, but I'm telling you it works, just takes some patience.

Just curious, but which rep range isn't bait then? According to this thread literally any rep range seems to be bait.

Different numbers of reps per set have different effects on your development. Higher reps of lower weight build more muscular endurance. Low reps of highest weight recruit the maximum number of muscle fibers, which will build size and mass. Medium reps with medium weight strike a balance between the two.

>Low reps of highest weight recruit the maximum number of muscle fibers, which will build size and mass

Then why do bodybuilders train in high rep ranges?

Lifting is bait

All rep ranges are fine.
For most people, anything between 5-15 tends to be ideal.
You also should not limit yourself to one rep/set scheme.
Main lifts: 3-5 sets of 4-6 reps once a week ("intensity")
Main lift or main lift variations: 3-5 sets of 8-12 reps once a week ("volume")
Is great for both strength and hypertrophy for intermediate natties.

20 rep squat sets or testing 1RM are for advanced and/or competitive lifters.

tradition, avoiding injury.

Because they don't care about strength and higher rep ranges allow them to get "the pump" easier. Because they use less weight and this can go to failure while doing slow controlled contractions of the muscle.
There's a video where kai Greene explains it.
Something like "kai Greene on why he will never be a weight lifter"

>expecting legitimate advice on Veeky Forums
literally everyone are trolling here. use google and the best you can do is to test for yourself, everyone's bodies are different

Roids

5x9 here

>not 8x6
not gonna make it breh

youtube.com/watch?v=m8wZNGL4iA4