How do I learn to cook, Veeky Forums?

How do I learn to cook, Veeky Forums?

A girl told me I'm basically a child if I can't cook well.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/dhftns
youtube.com/watch?v=b7TmrH1t5R4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

go to Veeky Forums dumbshit

They only know how to make fatty food.

butter is good for you now

shits easy man, you just gotta spend some time learning, have fun, and experiment.

also, invest in a decent pan

>fat is bad

shes fucking retarded only women are obliged to learn to cook if a women can't cook then YEAH shes basically a child if a man can cook he just has a lot of hobbies I guess and likes to learn to do shit tell her to fuck off and eat a fat pepe

Not just a pan but also a pot and a double boiler and steam attachment.

I mean like food that fatties eat, not food high in the macronutrient of lipids

A good way to start is to just watch YouTube videos of people cooking shit you already make and shit you would like to make

Look up recipes on normie cooking sites.

See something you don't know how to make (e.g. rice or steaming vegetables) or don't know what it means (e.g. sauté or parboil)? Look it up.

Continue with recipe.

Repeat with another recipe.

Every fucking time I go to Veeky Forums the front page is filled with fast food threads
I don't think Veeky Forums actually cooks

Youre gonna have to practice. There are gonna be times when you have to throw food out when you start making more complex shit.

Go to r/gifrecipes

Just throw a bunch of meat and veggies in a frying pan with some olive oil. That's at probably 60% of the cooking I do

The rest is just sticking some meat in the oven at 400 degrees F for like half an hour

Veeky Forums doesn't cook just like Veeky Forums doesn't lift.

More important to learn simple techniques than it to follow recipes.

Learn how to sear, bake and braise meat.

Learn how to make sauces with the pan scrapings.

Boom all of a sudden you're a "good cook"

Cook a chicken breast in a tablespoon of oil in a pan until it's nice and brown. Add some chicken stock or white wine to the pan and stir/scrape the bottom of the pan and reduce over medium heat and you have a simple sauce that makes boring chicken breast pretty good.

Learn to use seasonings, herbs and spices, too.

Learn to boil water. If you can boil water, you can cook almost anything.

But it's Veeky Forums, ,not /lift/. I don't lift I just run a lot. 5 miles every other day

instructions unclear, dick caught in toaster

>seasonings, herbs and spices
Literally this.

You know why the autists on this board keep spreading the 'chicken = cardboard' meme? Because they don't know how to season their chicken beyond salt and pepper - if that.

Fuck, they don't even brine it.

Honestly op the easiest thing to cook is chicken. You can't fuck it up literally aa long as it not pink you cooked it properly.

There's so many ways to eat chicken too, chicken fajitas, stuffed chicken breast, chicken alfredo, sesame chicken, I mean literally Google chicken recipes and learn that shit. Bitches will love you for cooking them chicken

1) Prepare ingredients
2) Apply heat

>Butterfly a whole chicken
>Sear it in a hot cast iron pan until the skin is browned, but the meat is still raw
>Remove and set aside
>Add potatoes, celery and carrots or whatever to the hot pan and sear those for a minute or two
>Set the butterflied chicken on top of the vegetables, this time skin up
>Cook for about 45 mins in the oven
>Remove chicken from pan, transfer to a serving platter, cover with aluminum foil and let it rest while the veggies finish
>Add your more "delicate/fast cooking" veggies like, brussel sprouts, onions or shallots or whatever and cook for another 20 minutes or so
>Remove from oven and transfer vegetables to the plate you let your chicken rest on
>Optional: make a sauce with the drippings by adding some chicken stock, maybe a little butter, and a little flour if you want the sauce to be a little thicker

Like pic related, but with vegetables underneath. It really impresses women.

Fucking ck.

I'm backing up the chicken thing op. I cooked a sweet sticky spicy chicken yesterday, super easy. I just took 2 chicken breast and cut then short ways, mixed a bowl of soy, honey, brown sugar and hot sauce, threw that shit in a pan and added garlic. It was great. Like 10 minutes just make sure chicken cooked all the way through. Fuck anyone who doesn't know how to cook chicken

Tell her to fuck off if she can't cook
and women can't cook nowdays

look up beginner receips, it's super easy you just have to do it step by step, practice, get better and move on to harder/more impressive things

What do you want to make?

I like to take a pound of ground beef, add diced onions and peppers, garlic salt and cayenne pepper and mix it all up and fry it like hamburger steaks.

Fucking delicious.

That sounds pretty fucking awesome, I've gotta give that a try

Invest in a slow cooker. There's a bunch of recipes you can find online, and it all is essentially
>shove everything into the slow cooker
>wait 8-12 hours
>eat

JUST DO IT

The simplest meals are carbs/veggies/meat in any combination.
You just need 2 pots and 1 pan.
Boil the veggies and carbs (rice, potatoes, pasta...) In 1 pot each. (Should take around 20 minutes, if in doubt consult packaging or Google)
Fry the meat with a little oil or butter in the pan (medium heat).
Season with some salt and pepper.

There you go.

Leftovers for the next day, just throw everything in a pan and reheat.

so fucking what? she should be able to cook better than you because she's a woman. as long as you can do basic dishes without burning them, that's all you need. i've never met a man who wasn't a chef who claimed to be a good cook who wasn't also a stereotypical beta male. if your woman can't cook well, find another one. what the fuck is the use in a girl who can't cook you dinner when you get home from a long day at work?

>she should be able to cook better than you because she's a woman

gtfo sexist shitlord

Buy some meat and veggies. Olive oil and salt / pepper.

Coat in oil, season, bake.

Repeat until good results. If anyone expects more than that slap them for being so plebian.

Try the BBQ too if you have one. Google shit for basic guidelines, but you'll have to adjust cooking times for your own equipment. Just takes a few trial runs.

Ask her if she can be your mommy

I guarantee you barely graduated high school

triggered, he's right

Nice same fag

My wakes up every morning to cook me breakfast (eggs/roast beef on a bagel). She also makes me dinner 5x/week. She often packs me a lunch too. She likes taking care of me.

I thank her up and down every time she does it, but I also kind of expect it because she's a woman and I'm a man. Like most girls, she also implicit expects me to be masculine, pay for shit when we go out, and fulfill other traditional male roles (make her feel safe, as beta as that sounds). So I expect her to fulfill feminine roles too.

Point being, you should learn how to cook to be self-sufficient. But if a girl expects you to act like a man, but she doesn't wanna act like a woman, move on to the next one.

Also, check out Gordon Ramsay's cookery course. Especially his roast chicken stuffed with chorizo and beans.

Some time ago I put some thought ond this and other matters. Every men should know how to cook, how much calories ingest. Every men should know how to do the loundry, know how to keep the house clean, how to iron his clothes. Every men should earn enough to keep the lifestyle he want. Every men should depend only himself. Every men should know how to do thouse things not because you should cook, do the loundry, the chores, mantain your girl but because every man should strive to be self-sufficient. To me that is the definittion of man/alpha/masculine/successful.

Idiots like this are men who will need a mother his entire life. You should learn how to cook for the sake of your self-sufficient, not becasue some chick told you so. Learn to cook, to keep your home clean, to earn money, to have a healty life and you will have the choise get a parnet in the same condition that you are. You will get, not only love, affection and sex, but a "associate to the life". If you are not self-sufficient you will have to settle. But if you are self-sufficien, you can get for whatever you want.

When you are self-sufficient you are truly free. And only when you are free you are truly a man.

Cooking isn't feminine you goober.

how much of an insecure faggot you must be to understand that with that post

Learn how to make cachopo is a dish from the old country

>heteros

The way I do it:

>a thing which I like and is good for you
>a different thing which I like and is good for you

>mix them together, see if it works
>if it doesn't try something else

Common sense is also needed.

I got a lot of good results from it. I've only ever cooked for me and my family though, so not exactly a lot of critics.
I've wanted to actually learn some recipes and techniques for some time but I can't find the motivation to get around to it.

>that board knows anything about cooking

What an insecure faggot you must be to post that many words with no point when a guy asks how to cook.

Learned 90% of what I know from The Protein Chef. Aside from Veeky Forums, he is the other 50% of why I've been able to make this whole liftestyle succeed.

youtube.com/user/dhftns

Pic related. Last night's lasagna good as fuck, 700 calories and over 100g of protein.

*meat sauce with mozzarella and crackers

what the fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=b7TmrH1t5R4

Is it just me or does this dude seem high af? Great find though.

I like his channel and his content a lot, but the way he talks makes me cringe.
Your pic related looks like a complete mess, btw.

Cooking is easy. You just have to be non-retarded enough to follow instructions.

Cook well? That could be a high bar depending on your idea of well.

Cooking itself though is not that tough. Make a recipe, then another, then another. Remake the first one. Play around with ingredients. Eventually you will be able to take some shit and throw it together and make yourself a meal without reading anything or thinking about it.

The first step is moving out of mommy and daddy's house.

P28 Garlic flatbread actually. Which I contemplated layering into the the lasagna-mix (layers of meat sauce, lowfat cottage cheese, nonfat mozzerella) while baking as with traditional lasagna, but for some reason I'm a fan of dipping and dunking. So I didn't. To each their own.

I'm pretty sure he's stoned the majority of the time. He has a specialty in sweets/dessert, his biggest claim to fame being his various cheesecakes. They are ridiculously delicious and godsend for macros/calories.

Any bread would be destroyed if layered into a lasagna. If you want to mix up lasagna, leave your meat sauce as it is, boil some lasagna for a minute until pliable, then line a muffin tin with it, fill with meat sauce, top with cheese, bake and spoon out with bread. My chef made something along those lines one time and it was neat.

Thanks senpai. I didn't use lasagna noodles as to keep the carbs down, but honestly with everything else being so protein rich I could probably swing it.