Scalable Ab Routine?

Finally getting close to losing my belly and need to start including abs so I can get some chicks Veeky Forums. Looking for a simple routine than I can scale up as I build abdominal muscle. If it's possible to get any results in a month and a half (July 4th) then i'll bust my ass everyday. Not expecting insane results but a lil something for the summer.

Just train push press, faggot

Ab isolations are for dyels and roidmonsters

I just want some slight definition before the 4th. I'm having a party and plan on getting some action for once in my life.

you won't get abs by doing them when you're cutting,should have think about it when u bulked

I bump this, very interested too.
Did a bit of research, and everybody is hating on different exercises.
Some people say leg raises are basically cancer for your back, others say situps are killing your back. Then there's those that say planking can lead to serious chest pain and respiratory problems, etc etc.

I just want a solid ab routine that will not fuck up my back as I'm prone to back problems. Also the guys saying that you don't need to isolate abs and the main thing about abs is BF% are plain wrong. I have extremely little body fat, my arms are vascular as fuck, and still I barely had any visible abs before I started some bullshit summerfag youtube ab routine. Now it's gotten a lot better, but I'm still looking for something reliable.

I'm kind of cutting but really it's mostly weight loss. I'm making solid progress with my lifts tho and I can see growth in my muscles but have been staying around the same weight.

Only 3 months into lifting but I have been on and off for a few years. Sticking to it now harder than ever though.

leg raises 3-4sets x15-20reps
rope crunches 4setx20rep
this 2x a week should be enough,if you get back pain you do something wrong

if I up the amount a week would that speed up the process or hinder it? don't want to stop the muscle from recovering and rebuilding

I'm cutting at the moment, i estimate my BF is around 15% and you can kind of see definition already. I regularly work my abs, if I continue to cut and work out I should see results in the next few weeks/months right?
Would it be better to bulk?
I'm looking for more ottermode than built physique

Definition = low body fat + flexing
You won't really see much that wouldn't see by simply cutting.

If you really want to, just do a few sets of hanging leg raises (toes to bar) at the end if every workout.

I got a question for cutting.
After all the BMR calculators, my BMR would be at 1760 KCALs to mentain my weight.[3/5 days active]
If I wanna cut, how low should I go with my calories and still not lose my strenght ?

there is going to be some strength loss, minimal, but it's going to happen in a cut. chop off 20% from your BMR and that's a solid number to be cutting at.

"BMR" is what you use if you wouldn't move at all. With activity (both exercise and normal, I.E. walking around), your calorie need are much higher.
You shouldn't have a deficit greater than 250kcal.

Ive been doing a 1500+ kcal deficit going from 210 lb to 190, am I in for a rude awakening?
Lost a bit of strength but sadly there wasnt much in the beginning anyways. Wasted 1 year fucking around and now I want to cut down hard for a real bulk.

Jesus.
The rule of thumb is at most a ~250kcal deficit or a ~500kcal surplus. To minimise fatgain/muscle loss.

With such a huge deficit you'll lose all your gains if not more. Also depends on how fat you are. If you're a lardass, you can get away with a larger deficit. If you're below ~18% bf, you should be careful as to not lose everything you gained when you cut.

I guess Ill turn it down a bit, didnt lose much strength but I was weak to begin with.
The thing is I seem to have little muscle mass but still a bit too much fat at 190lb and 6'3" so thats why I was doing it. Anyways, thanks for the tips

>People still unironically think that your body rapidly cannibalizes precious muscle the moment you decide to do a large calorie deficit even though you're getting adequate Protein and training stimulus
Just fucking stop already.

are heavy deadlifts, ohp and squats enough for abs?

>people still believe the first thing that comes into their minds when they think about something.
Muscle tissue costs a lot of energy to maintain so you are more likely to lose some when you are barely eating

Yes it does, but muscle loss is inevitable on a cut as you are no longer consuming the amount of energy required to maintain your LBM. Look at results of people who have done diets like PSMF, you don't lose THAT MUCH muscle. It's just grossly exaggerated that you'll lose significant muscle mass if you're training correctly and consuming enough protein. And user suggested a 250kcal defecit? Lol have fun cutting for 5 years.

Exactly this. The main things that matter on a drastic cut are protein intake and heavy weights a couple times a week. I've cut 20lbs without adequate protein and just looked skinnyfat. I've cut over 20lbs by pretty much eating protein exclusively and look like I didn't lose muscle.